[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would a good human father go about raising his little half-orc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: 1457032320017.jpg (108 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
1457032320017.jpg
108 KB, 736x1040
How would a good human father go about raising his little half-orc daughter?
I'm trying to flesh out my latest character's backstory
>>
>>45787443
"Now honey, just because mommy raped daddy doesn't mean it's ok for you to start doing it."
>>
>>45787443
Like normal? I don't know, Orcs tend to raise half-Orcs as they would with normal Orcs, maybe the father tries to make her live a normal human life?
>>
>>45787443
What kind of family situation are we talking here?
>>
File: image.jpg (287 KB, 1213x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
287 KB, 1213x736
>>45787443
>>
>>45787537
Mom nowhere to be seen, single dad raises her by himself. Years later when she's an adult he's murdered and this kickstarts her as an adventurer.
I wanna make the dad a magic-user
>>
File: racial harmony.png (6 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
racial harmony.png
6 KB, 307x164
Teach it to kill Elves.

In seriousness, the question comes down to whether you want your kid to be raised like a Human, like her presumably adventurin' da', or her rough and rumbling QT greenskin ma. Other information, such as a small amount of information on the mother, the daughter, your character, and the setting as a whole would also help.
>>
>>45787443
There will be inevitable bullying for being a half-orc, with the most crass insults involving being a rape baby. Daddy has to deal with that on a regular basis.
>>
>>45787602
This.
>>
>>45787600
>I wanna make the dad a magic-user
Maybe make the dad some sort of itinerant wizard or a Gypsy, knowing some basic illusion magic and stuff that would help him earn some quick gold coins.
The half Orc girl is raised with the troupe, she spends her like travelling from city to city, playing music for money, stealing when necessary and sometimes (much to her father's anger) put in a cage and showed to the villagers as an attraction.
>Come to see the monster, kids! Three denars each!
Of course, she would ask for most of the money earned afterwards
Eventually, the troupe gets killed by knights/a mob of angry villagers/bandits/an Orc tribe and she sets off on her own.
>>
Also interested since my character has an orc harem in the current game, by accident.
>>
>>45787443
Capture a wild dog. Give daughter pair of cleavers. Pit them against eachother.
If daughter fails to defeat dog, toss her off cliff and sire new child with orc wife.
>>
>>45787848
>an Orc tribe
How evil. I like you.
>>
>>45787848
Maybe her a traveling acrobat. Ridiculously colorful clothes, clownish antics. She's agile and quick in body and mind.
>>
How should my character raise his wife's son?
>>
>>45787600
What class were you planning on making her?
>>
File: goku aww yeh.gif (628 KB, 245x242) Image search: [Google]
goku aww yeh.gif
628 KB, 245x242
>>45787590
This is shockingly fitting.
>>
>>45787992
>Humans hate her because she's green
>She hates Orcs because they killed the only humans that liked her
>She hates Elves because fuck Elves
Once again, Dwarves are the only way.
That or Halflings.
>>
>>45787443
>How would a good human father go about raising his little half-orc daughter

About halfway up a pike
>>
>>45787443
Normally.
Even if Orcs have some sort of hereditary bloodlust or anger problems, that's something you can deal with.
>>
>>45788411

I prefer the pickelhaube myself.

Either will do the job.
>>
>>45788272
>If you are a akin to a Knight, Like A FUCKING MAN
>If you are akin to an arcane caster, like a proper gent or scholar
>If you are a man of god, tell that boy to smite all the evil and show him how its done too.
>>
>>45787977
You're gonna have to elaborate on that.
>>
>>45787474

Wait, is that implying what I think it is implying?
>>
File: chris_hansen.gif (25 KB, 225x556) Image search: [Google]
chris_hansen.gif
25 KB, 225x556
Why don't you have a seat. >>45788514
>>
>>45788302
A fighter, I was thinking of making her a starry-eyed paladin, but it wouldn't fit too well.

A little detail I'm contemplating is making her "magically retarded", as she was growing up her dad tried to teach her some stuff but she just doesn't have it in her.
>>
>>45788595
If not a paladin, you could still make her a starry eyed youth who wants to lead a heroic life like the characters in her childhood fairytales. She could try her hardest to apply overly clever or "storybook" solutions to her problems involving diplomancing, quick-thinking and magic, but is usually forced to fall back on cruder brute-force solutions when these plans don't pan out.
>>
He takes her fishing and laughs at the delightfully absurd things his ecstatic little girl says about the fishie she caught
>>
>>45788503
Pretty long story;

Orc tribe kept fucking up our village so we tried to retaliate but hit their camp while most of the men were out raiding. We took everyone we could prisoner and holed up in the camp and defended against the rest of the tribe when they returned. Although we were badly outnumbered, with clever fortifications and a desperate defense we managed to kill or repel them enough times that they called a truce. We started negotiating and they were of a mind to leave and join up with another orc tribe aways away, but not empty handed, while we didn't want to give up what we'd taken. It ended up that we released the few guys we had taken prisoner and also gave them their kids to leave with and most of the supplies for them to make the trip, while we ended up keeping the women we'd captured. Not so much magical realm motivation, but we wanted to have people with us who knew the land and also were less likely to kill us all, and an added bonus that they were pretty skilled in the basics of village life.

So after the tribe left, we brought everyone from our village and moved into the camp and turned it into the new village since it was at a better location. The orc women were obviously not happy with the situation, but we treated them as best we could and when they realized they wouldn't be able to rejoin the tribe after enough time, they understood we had to work together to survive. Enough time and games passed that the situation became accepted and permanent, and we had pretty good little village going, better than either before. We've now in-game got a serious gender disparity though, so any available guy has started taking more than one partner. My guy is currently sharing his house with three orc ladies and is in a relationship with one of them, but it's assumed that eventually they'll be one big family.

So yeah, been wondering for awhile now how to work a family like that, and raise kids in this kind of dual-culture situation.
>>
>>45787443
I'll be that guy, anyone have a source on the image? Reverse image search isn't working on my phone.
>>
>>45789579
Secret Wars: Secret Love from Marvel.
>>
File: garithos.jpg (6 KB, 192x172) Image search: [Google]
garithos.jpg
6 KB, 192x172
>>45787443
Orcfucker.
>>
File: 1434753741395.jpg (42 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
1434753741395.jpg
42 KB, 590x393
>>45787474
I like where this is going...
>>
>>45788595
>I was thinking of making her a starry-eyed paladin, but it wouldn't fit too well.

Why not?
>>
A good man (or a good orc, for that matter) would put down a half-orc in the cradle. Just bring the sword down on its little neck; that's the kindest thing you could do, for it, for either of its parents, and for the world at large.

No-one loves a half-orc. It is forever a living reminder of violation, and generally ugly as well. There is no good way to raise such a creature. Neither race can change the world enough to accept it.
>>
>>45790172
Did a mulatto kill your dog or something?
>>
>>45790004
Appreciate it, Anon
>>
>>45790172
So do you ban anyone from playing a half-orc at your table? Or act like a dick to anyone that does?

Because man, I'm playing a half-orc cleric of Kord right now and I think he and your character would get along /great/.
>>
>>45790172
if it's pathfinder, just get an alchemist to remove the orc from her, if they can make a half orc a full orc they can probably make it go the other way
>>
>>45788272
By not being a cuck and smiting the wife, her son, and the man who produced the son.
>>
>>45787443
Probably the way he'd go about raising his little human daughter. Just with more roughhousing as she gets older.
>>
>>45791470
probably Vikings
>>
>>45788272
Couldnt wifes son mean you cucked the original husband?
>>
>>45791580
>>45792496
Or you know he could have just married a widow who already had a kid.
>>
>>45788258
I like this. Would run but I'm not comfortable running female characters. Or going characters.

When all you can play is the grumpy old dad.

>"Damnit Charlise, put than axe down! I don't care what the village boys say, you're my child and I did not raise you to be a fighter. If you're going to fight kobolds do it properly and use that knife aunt Charon got you!"
>>
>>45794577
Young, not going. What the fuck is wrong with phones that they correct words you spelled correctly?
>>
File: 1399575898476.gif (307 KB, 697x400) Image search: [Google]
1399575898476.gif
307 KB, 697x400
>>45787474
>She starts having a crush on her classmate
>Drags him home unconcious
>You have to explain her that you can't just take boys you like home whenever you please
>Force her to apologize to his mother
>>
>>45788595
>making her "magically retarded", as she was growing up her dad tried to teach her some stuff but she just doesn't have it in her.
This is interesting, he tried and and tried and tried and tried until he gave up and gave her a big battle axe that she was a natural with. Sad that she didn't take after him, but supportive of his little princess' true calling. You could also make it so that she developed daddy-issues because of this and now she's attracted to human magic-users

>>45790115
>0.5orc girl
>paladin
>wizard father
>starry eyed, naive, probably a virgin
It's a bit much, don't you think?
>>
>good human father
>being sick fuck that fucks orcs
pick one
unless adopted
>>
I like the idea of her being a starry-eyed optimist because I like the contrast that sets up between her hopes and dreams and the reality of her being a half-Orc in a world that might not approve of her parentage. It makes her victories a bit sweeter I think if she becomes a great Hero when others are telling her she shouldn't or can't.
>>
>>45787590
This, right here

Bonus: we get to laugh at the upset posters who will BUZZWORD BUZZWORD at your choice of cartoons to screencap
>>
>>45787443

I mean, half orcs can still birth half orcs right? there's no rules for quarter orcs.
>>
>>45795596
A quarter orc is rules-wise probably just a human but with some visual features that display their orc lineage.
>>
>>45787443
A man brave enough to fuck an Orc woman can probably handle it.
>>
>>45793088
No Anon, we must murder any children without fathers, lest we appear unmanly.

Or dome bullshit
>>
>>45787443
Pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Mordor
>>
Some disparity between how you and the mom think the kid should be raised would be good.

"Happy birthday kiddo, now that you're twelve, it's time to beat me in a fist fight"

"What? No!"

"Too late I'm already wearing the face paint."
>>
>>45787443
I made a male Half-Orc Wizard in a campaign that canceled after one session due to the GM just disappearing from roll20, no notice or anything.

Anyways, his father was a human wizard and the mother was his father's bodyguard turned smith. I think the PC was more influenced by the father more than the mother, but the mother liked creating weapons and tools which inspired the PC to make magic items (I was gonna have him be a crafting Wizard). I had it so that the mother was obviously the dominant one of the parents. Their romance sparked when she saved the father holding him bridle style from danger.
>>
>>45794577
What if she favored throwing axes and hand axes? I just keep getting an image of this green kid juggling a bunch of axes like part of a clown's act before throwing them into kobold skulls
>>
>>45795748
That would be kind of adorable, especially if the kid ended up being a bard/barbarian multiclass or somesuch.
>>
>>45787443
KILL CRUSH DESTROY! Unless you want to be boring and raise her as a normal member of society.
>>
Is the girl's morher involved in her life? That's an important aspect of raising a kid, especially mixed-race. Teaching her her mother's language would also be a good thing, as well as half orc role models and mentors in her life.
>>
>>45795482
Are the SJW's against Rick and Morty now too?

Jesus Christ I can't keep up anymore.
>>
>>45797029
Whole episode about summer being a liability for the first half then when she's actually useful its only through fashion and "girl talk" also the whole "women are disgusted by farts" stereotype offends them as well since women are so not offended at anything men do why give them that satisfaction now stop offending them by saying they're offended.
Literally anything that doesn't immediately paint them in a good pure light they'll get mad at and if its not immediate they'll find a way to get pissed about it retroactively later on.
>>
>>45797106
Oh so basically SJW's unable to have any sort of humor about anything else than straight white males.

What else is new.
>>
>>45787474
Go to /d/
>>
>>45787600
Make her dad an Alchemist and Enchanter, full on librarian when it comes to his profession; has prior to having a kid bought an expensive tome rather than buying good groceries for a week. Had to put his career somewhat on hold for his daughter, but that's okay. Went from wanting to live forever wizard to "what's life without living" wizard.

Taught his daughter symbols and pictures from the books, so she's got some knowledge of arcane symbols which might be of benefit in the field. She knows what a healing potion is made of, and what a few others are made of due to breaking into the cabinets as a child and drinking liquids.

Memories of dad are pretty good. He got mad at her a few times, namely for drawing in his books, or ripping out pictures to make her own side-stitched bed-time story. He wasn't very open about her mother, and he only really got around to discussing her half-orc nature one she was blatantly informed she wasn't "human." Dad had some interesting views on orcs, but ultimately he'd come down to saying that he respects how resourceful they can be and he loves his daughter, and he knows the world can be cruel but she's worthy of that love.

Dad got murdered not long after promising to teach her the tricks of the trade. She went out to pick up reagents, her own book for the formulae, and some rum ham with strawberry glaze for the night; because it was worth celebrating. Dad was up against the back wall of the room, his bookshelves ripped down, paper everywhere; he was dessicated. No water in his body. He was pointing to the door.

Vengeance and adventuring is the order of the day, especially since some of the local guard think she might've done it (even though they have no idea how.) She's a little depressed, but ultimately a curious and friendly lady who enjoys good food and thinking things out when time is allowing.
>>
>>45797568
This real good stuff
>>
>>45787443
Accept her for what and who she is, and tell her that she doesn't have to define her life by what she looks like. "You can be anything you want to be, honey. Don't let other people get you down just because you're different."
>>
My half-orc cleric's parents (also half-orcs) saw no cause to raise him any differently from what their human neighbors were doing.

He mighta got smacked more as a teenager, but that's only because he acted out more than a human lad does when his balls drop.
>>
>>45798186
When he was being a little shit did his mom chase him around the house with a wooden ladle trying to beat his ass as he cried and begged her to stop?
>>
I want art of some of these ideas.
>>
>>45798156
"And if they do, aim for the jugular. A good throat punch fixes any bad attitude!"
>>
>>45800898
this
>>
OP, that is not a half-orc, it is just a black girl.
>>
>>45803181
You can't see the fangs from that angle.
>>
>>45803181
You don't really understand what orcs are, do you?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.