[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played literally yourself in a tabletop game before?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Book Revue (8).jpg (262 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
Book Revue (8).jpg
262 KB, 1480x1080
Have you ever played literally yourself in a tabletop game before? How did it go? Any stories about it?
>>
Yeah, I convinced the party that DnD was a waste of our time that night (half the players didn't even have their characters ready) and we should play Smash Bros instead.

I must've rolled a 20 on my Diplomancy check, because everyone agreed and it was a pretty fun session.
>>
Stop posting photos of me.
>>
No, I'm not comfortable with volunteering some defining traits real me with my gaming group.
>>
>>45742754
>Smash Bros
>fun
I call bullshit.
>>
>>45742809
Sorry it's not hardcore League of Legends sessions, Drew.
>>
>>45742839
No, seriously, Smash Bros is like... the Monopoly of vidya games.
>>
>>45742851
monopoly the video game is the monopoly of video games you retarded fuck
>>
>>45742851
Hey man, monopoly is fun when you're not playing with the competifags who always pick the top-hat playing piece because it's S-tier.
>>
File: 1456781317953.png (195 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1456781317953.png
195 KB, 496x499
>>45742867
>>
>>45742851
>the Monopoly of vidya games
I thought that was Mario Party
>>
>>45742908
Fuck that, boat's the OP one.
>>
>>45742934
sounds like Bolshevik talk to me
>>
>>45742707

We once did a zombie apocalypse campaign, where we played ourselves.

We all had known each other for 10+ years, and made each other's character sheets as exaggerated versions how what we'd be in 5 years. Turned out into a really fun campaign.
>>
>>45742851
Monopoly is like the Monopoly of video games.
>>
>>45742707
Sort of, a while ago we played a Zombie Apocalypse set about 7 years in the future and we all made characters based off ourselves. Granted we decided to allow everyone to change their real life back stories/previous occupations before the zombie outbreak for the sake of the game (ex: I was working in fast food irl, but wrote in that ingame I was a field medic) . I think the only person who didn't change their occupation was the girl that used to work at Game Stop. Allow me to say that it was certainly an interesting group make up.
>>
>>45742707
"Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning..." Damn Looney Tunes sure got as dirty as they could.
>>
In my area there is a Con with a Tournament where you can bring in any character whatsoever, or any character concept and play it. One year I went with "The mayhem goat controlled by myself playing goat simulator" Things got ridiculous In short order.
>>
File: crying-asian-man-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
crying-asian-man-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>45742707
Play myself personality wise, technowiz halfling artificier. Name is a remix of my actual name for fantasy appropriateness.

Party betrays me, first time I ever lost a character.
>>
Not quite, but I introduced myself as a creator god - it was a flustered straight-up version of myself who'd somehow written the world into existence and was severely upset to encounter the PCs, as it proved that he was in a campaign written by another version of himself (and thus was "not real").

They chased him around his pocket dimension for an hour, each door leading to either idyllic havens (giant, partially-flooded libraries, shacks on frozen lakes, tropical beaches) or real-world locations which the PCs didn't recognise, by the players lost their shit over.

Eventually they tracked "me" down and, convincing him that they weren't a threat, he realised that they'd reached the point where the party sort of needed an extra boss fight, or the end of the campaign. Refusing to make it so abrupt, he distilled an evil version of himself - essentially an evil version of me, as well - and fought the party, ending in an argument over moral quandry as so whether or not this created evil version was ACTUALLY evil or an emulation of evil.

In the end, the creator god gave them small gifts, then kicked them out of his domain and wiped their memories.
>>
>>45742925

That's the Candyland of video games.
>>
File: game_within_a_game.png (381 KB, 1296x672) Image search: [Google]
game_within_a_game.png
381 KB, 1296x672
Pic related.
>>
>>45742707
Yeah. I was playing Modern d20. I died in the first encounter, due to having no relevant skills in a firefight with Russian gangsters.

To be fair, everyone died since we were all playing ourselves. It wasn't that fun.
>>
>>45742707
No

Oh God, don't tell me you did?
>>
File: 1446401897239.jpg (41 KB, 324x394) Image search: [Google]
1446401897239.jpg
41 KB, 324x394
i played an exaggerated version of my self in risus, being an over the top ass hat is pretty fun
>>
>>45742707
>>45742967
>>45743116
Who HASN'T done the "lets play ourselves in a zombie apocalypse game?"

Be honest.
>>
>>45742707

Playing myself in games never works. The whole "no real consequences" thing in-game doesn't work well with what makes me who I am IRL. Those games always go off the rails as my inner bastard runs amok.
>>
>>45742851
>monopoly of video games
>not mario party
>not fortune street
>not dokapon kingdom
>not actual fucking monopoly
>>
>>45750076
Isn't that literally the point of the FFG Apocalypse games?
>>
>>45750426
>tfw haven't played monopoly in years
I'm stuck with a mobile app game called rentos
>>
>>45742707
Yeah i'm actually in a 3.5 campaign right now in which the players are themselves sucked into a fantasy world by some kind of portal.

We even took this online quiz that assigned us stats and classes. I'm a wizard with high wisdom and low everything else

>for the first session we were just confused people running around a forest
>meet two wizards
>ones a blind dwarf, the other is a half giant who can't speak
>they make it there responsibility to teach us the ways of the world
>three in game months later we are now functional level one characters
>except me, i'm still shit.

At this point the fact that we are playing ourselves has no impact outside of roleplaying. But the roleplaying is always super chill because nobody has a role they feel like they need to fill. It's really nice actually.
>>
>>45750426
>Dokapon Kingdom

YOU FOOL! MERELY BY SPEAKING THAT NAME, YOU HAVE SUMMONED THE DARKLING.
>>
>>45750686
If you want to lose all of your friends, switch to a mobile Risk clone.
>>
>>45751615
What's it called?
>>
>>45742707
Nah, DMs always demand point buy, I wouldn't be able to get my stats high enough.
>>
>>45751066
Link to online quiz?
>>
>>45752563
http://www.easydamus.com/character.html

This is the one we used. I don't actually recommend using it for what we used it for because it's easy for a powergamer to inflate there stats.

Mostly it's just fun seeing what alignment and class it gives you.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.