[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campaign Premise, one sentence max.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_nswqc7ZBQS1u1lwwuo1_1280.jpg (571 KB, 903x1239) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nswqc7ZBQS1u1lwwuo1_1280.jpg
571 KB, 903x1239
Describe a premise for a campaign in one sentence.

I just spent an ungodly amount of time writing out minute details of a campaign, custom items, etc. Got all my players to make characters with detailed setting appropriate backstories, only to realize I kind of hate my setting and running games for it is going to be horrible.

So help me get some creative juices flowing for an idea that doesn't suck /tg/, you're my only hope.

Sci-fi or Fantasy, anything goes.

>The players become trapped in a one day time loop that continually ends in their deaths, courtesy of a cult they were sent to investigate in a small town.
>>
The player characters are monsters and mercenaries defending the villain's dungeon from adventurers.
>>
You are travelers from a distant star and find yourself stranded on modern day earth.
>>
>>45697760
Shadowrun concept I might run soonish for some friends.

Smokin' Aces in Miami, forever.
>>
>>45697760

Muscle Wizards have begun bullying all other adventurers in the royal capital, you have to stop them.
>>
The players must defeat an evil wizard and his army of undead unicorns.
>>
Druids are agents of chaos rather than nature, and an ancient ex-elven reincarnation druid has a hate-boner for civilization.
>>
>>45697760

A military squad during the WWII gets ahold of animal masks that raise their abilities to superhuman levels in exchange for making them lose control of themselves.

Frontline Miami.
>>
>>45697760

New group of adventurers arrives in town, ready to do earn a living by helping solve troubles in the region.
>>
The mechanical Dyson sphere lifeboat, ruled over by a Caligula-esque caste of its creators descendants, is breaking down.
>>
There is a 100-floor underground library and the adventurers must defeat the cultists hiding deep inside it.
>>
>>45697760
The world is a vampire.
>>
File: 1456012189672.jpg (531 KB, 2048x1658) Image search: [Google]
1456012189672.jpg
531 KB, 2048x1658
The historical evil empire if beast men rises up against the alliance of elves, dwarves and men; are you bad enough dudes to save the world?
>>
The world's entire modern history has been arranged in a millenia long plan to take eternal power by the least malevolent lich.
>>
>>45697760
Near the start of the Roman Republic's beginning, 40 scholars traveled to China, discovered the secret of black powder, improved upon it and 1 of them returned with guns and bombs in tow to hasten the spreading of Rome's territories with fire and thunder.
>>
The gods and their magic are returning to the world and everyone is trying to secure or kill their new prophets to influence how things go down.
>>
Generic fantasy world with an Iron Chef ripoff arena; players develop their cooking skills and collect their ingredients throughout the land, culminating in a cooking battle against the chef of their choice.
>>
File: 1455507133546.jpg (288 KB, 1280x1214) Image search: [Google]
1455507133546.jpg
288 KB, 1280x1214
>>45700339
>Premise for my romantic industrial revolution
GET OUT OF MY BRAIN CHARLES
>>
>>45697760
Legendary Copper Dragon's practical jokes get out of hand.
>>
>>45700339
Steam power would be more impactful.
>>
Star Wars but replace lightsabers with chainsaws and the force being replaced by cocaine.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-28-10-39-27.png (924 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-28-10-39-27.png
924 KB, 1080x1920
>>45700506
GURPS agrees
>>
A madman supposedly working for good crashes through the multiverse gathering knowledge and ruining lives seeking a version of reality where he saved his family.
>>
Shadowrun concept.

Shiawase corp is cloning/engineering Tamamo no Mae to use her nearly Dragonlike levels of magical power as a reactor/weapon, and the Runner's Johnson accidentally gave them the wrong convoy to snatch and grab, netting them a young and naive Fox Goddess clone who only gets stronger with time.

Suggestions of fun things to do with this would be appreciated. I got my own stuff, but more is always better.
>>
>>45697760
Party is in sentient self modifying dungeon.
>>
A lich has destroyed the world by using gigantic gas bombs, the lich was defeated, but the entire world is poisoned and dying.
>>
The story is set in fantasy land much like the ones Tolkien wrote but with many twists which can herein be described, such as the fact that humans, one of the many races which can be found in this world along with elves, dwarves, hobbits, half-elves, orcs, beast men, and stranger things beside, have long ears just like elves but they eat a lot more so that makes them all fat, which is a problem in this world which has many problems with heart disease and hobbit cancer, a strange and magical malady that only afflicts hobbits if they don't write overly long sentences that must be read by elves who have a magical condition that forces them to read overly long sentences while fighting orcs who can only be killed by overly long sentences of the sort which is being applied here, known as the Orc Slayer, or the fact that half-elves become fatter the more they read, speak, or write so needless to say they are all very learned if they take after their human parents because the humans are fat or they are extremely thin like elves because of their elven lineage if they are stupid and cannot read, speak, or write, but some might speculate that because the humans have long ears and are otherwise indistinguishable they probably just elves that learned to read, speak, and write, thus making them grossly overweight and excellent orc slayers; appropriate considering that all human children are required to learn the Orc Slayer sentence at a young age at which point they are indistinguishable from hobbits who don't have hobbit cancer, as hobbit cancer also causes hair feet (so hobbits without the cancer are really quite indistinguishable from human children), and once they have learned the Orc Slayer sentence they are bestowed with a magical power that makes them grow taller and fatter, basically the same as humans, and if they fail to learn the Orc Slayer sentence they still grow taller but they become much thinner, like elves, which becomes makes for a rather confusing situation.
>>
>>45700959
I think I had a stroke from reading this.
>>
File: CUUUUBBBEEE.png (1 MB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
CUUUUBBBEEE.png
1 MB, 1280x688
>>45700647
CUBE?!
>>45700959
turbokek
>>
A princess is captured by a dragon, the PCs are hired by a rival kingdom to assassinate the princess.

The PCs must quest for compatible genes to revive the dying empire of clones.
>>
>Dieselpunk monster hunting tank units are the adventuring party of this world
>>
All-bard party forms a rock band in Planescape setting, band manager is actually an overly-lawful angel tricked into signing a contract to work for Mestipholes' record company.
>>
>>45701192
Found the orc.
>>
Players are a group of robots in a lifeless city looking for clues to the past.
>>
>>45697976

To make the name fit, you could expand this to say that this special squad retires to Florida, but their unit is disbanded and it's all hush-hush and there's no oversight, so they get to keep their masks.

Only after they return home do they realize there's a whole other war that needs fighting!!

Can they save the cuban escapees and retirees of their beloved droopy penis state before they fall prey to whatever DaRk MaGiCkS inhabit the masks?

FRONTLINE: Miami
>>
>>45699964

Sent to drai-ee-ai-ee-ain!
>>
>>45700579

Doctor Who?
>>
Survival in the last days of an ancient and dying high fantasy empire.
>>
>>45697976
To be fair, you could do this even without animal magical masks. Something like... Inglorious Basterds?
>>
>>45697760
Spaceship repo men fall afoul of Space CIA after mistaking one of their spy ships for a defaulters'.

Party is kidnapped by aliens and must struggle to survive and find a way home in the bowels of an ancient megastructure.

Party are awakened from cryosleep on a vast generation ship mid-flight, with only scraps of memory and their former skills remaining and their only sane? contact being the voice of the ship's AI in their radio.

Party finds themselves the leaders of a ragged band of survivors in the immediate aftermath of a brutal nuclear/chemical/biological war.

Party is a squadron of powerful war cyborgs, awakened centuries after the war they were meant to fight had ended.
>>
>>45700506
The Romans had already invented Steam Power, but had no use for it.

Or was it another power source I'm thinking of?
>>
>>45697760
There are ticking bombs in your heads, planted by some corporate bastards to make you do their dirty work, but they lied, 'cause they're not gonna disarm those things.
Get you revenge. Clock. Is. Ticking!
>>
>>45701634
The didn't think they had a use for it. They had the initial concept and had never refined it into anything productive because they had no reason to, because slavery fucks up your economic incentives. But something like a railroad would be much more of a paradigm shift than a handcannon for them.
>>
>>45700563

best post in thread so far.

little kids exploring an abandoned (?) mansion discover that every door leads to a different universe.
>>
>>45697760
Hero and company return home and have to run the Clerics chocolate shop for income in a world that nobody else knows they saved - and none of them kows how - meanwhile fantasy Nestlé is muscling in on the town.
>>
>When I say megadungeon I don't quite think you understand the scale we're working with here.
>>
>>45697760
Protect your centepede waifu at all costs.
>>
>>45700959
Hey fatty, how's your blood pressure doing?
>>
The players are private criminal investigators employed in a corruption scandal in Pompeii, AD 79
>>
>>45701508

They weren't superhuman, just rutheless partisans that preyed on rear-echelon German troops.
>>
File: Pillar Men.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pillar Men.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>45697760
>The nonmagical, but highly evolved, progenitor race of a high magic setting, who were put to sleep by the invention of magic, are waking up, and they're not happy.
>>
God of Nightmares brings eternal night upon the land, drives most people insane and takes the rest into his cult, PCs have to ally with the barely-functional Resistance to save everything.
>>
A megacorporation has created a virtual world based of the nightmares of a traumatized child that saw her family murdered, they are using this virtual nightmare to torture and dehumanize uploaded human minds and turn them into servitors which they are selling as suspiciously cheap AI.
>>
>>45697760
PCs are intelligence operatives in a Renaissance fantasy Cold-War with epic-casters instead of nukes.
>>
>>45700563
So it's WH40k?
>>
Every city in the setting makes Mordheim look like a lovely, rural beach resort.
>>
File: 17nh4qtkcks5njpg.jpg (59 KB, 363x513) Image search: [Google]
17nh4qtkcks5njpg.jpg
59 KB, 363x513
>>45701784
>what couldn't go wrong?

Humans are tiny ants scurrying for survival in a world of titanic mile long/high skyscraper monsters.
>>
File: 1454607872654.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454607872654.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1200
>>45697760
The PC's play as Garden Gnome's, who fight the forces of darkness atop their noble steeds (rabbits).
>>
>>45697760
Shadowrun set during the historical guilded age of America.
>>
>>45709778
Fuck, Gilded*
Dang it, thats just embarassing.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.