[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Take Ghazzy >Your army has permanent fearless >Warlord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: Heck o.jpg (107 KB, 960x700) Image search: [Google]
Heck o.jpg
107 KB, 960x700
>Take Ghazzy
>Your army has permanent fearless
>Warlord has permanent 2+ Invuln
>Meganobs can run every turn

I think it's pretty good
>>
File: heck p.jpg (103 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
heck p.jpg
103 KB, 960x678
>>45553282
>>
>>45553353
lazy as shit.

>"should we make a new formation for Lootaz, Tankbustas and all the units that don't have a formation?"
>"Nah, we're lazy as shit and get payed incredibly shit wages, we don't have to aspire to create anything good :^)"

Evil Sunz exist and there isn't a formation for bike units/ buggies...
>>
>>45553282
>>Your army has permanent fearless
>>Warlord has permanent 2+ Invuln
>>Meganobs can run every turn
>I 2
>BS 2
it's average at best
>>
>>45553416
>>Your army has permanent fearless
>>Warlord has permanent 2+ Invuln
>>Meganobs can run every turn
Wish people would stop peddling this retardation.

In order to get this you need to spend like 600-800 points on a single deathstar unit that is fucking awful.

That is ON TOP of core formation.

You can't afford meganobz if you take it.

You could already get fearless meganobz with the formation in the supplement before - it was one of the few viable ork formations and it probably hasn't changed.

If you actually want Meganobz who can run every turn, all you will have in your army is Ghazkgull formation + Core + Meganob formation and it will probably cost you 2k points minimum.
>>
Turn 1 charges errywhere
>>
>no green tide
Am I blind or is it gone?
>>
>2++ save
Don't play Orkz. Explain?
>>
>>45553762
Ghazgkull gets a 2++ on his waaagh! you can Waaagh Every turn
>>
>>45553762
a ++save indicates an invulnerable save.

like a space marine Chaplain would have a 3+ save and 4++ save
>>
>>45553781
>>45553844
Cheers guys. If you throw a pain boy into Ghazzy's mob, he could tank hits for the unit, couldn't he?
>>
>>45554001
Already has it from Grotsnik; the Council of Waaagh! forms a single unit which no-one can ever leave.
And yes, he can tank like a bastard, but that doesn't change the fact that this unit is quite shit overall.
>>
It's too many points in one place. Death Star units are just a bad idea in general
>>
>>45553722
If it is I'm pissed.

The main bonus of it seems to be incorporated into the decurion so it's possible they removed it.
>>
Ignore the council and take just the Waaagh!-Band as Core and have that warboss be your Warlord for unlimited waaaghs?

you loose a great tanker but you dont have to drop a lot of points into the deffstar
>>
File: 1436185470450.jpg (200 KB, 1311x984) Image search: [Google]
1436185470450.jpg
200 KB, 1311x984
>>45554196

It would be a shame if the green tide vanished, if only because its one of THE fluffiest formations GW has ever written and as a super mob its pretty tricky to deal with.

Then again people simply wanted ghazzy in the green tide because that would be all kinds of hilarious.
>>
>>45554275
Yeah, sure, except Fearless during Waaagh is also part of Ghazghul's kit (arguably the most important one), so you just lost a whole bunch of utility.
>>
File: hmmm.png (11 KB, 470x454) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
11 KB, 470x454
Megaboss with lucky stikk in council of waaagh?
>>
>>45554275
>>45554407
the Min-Maxed formation + Core add up to like 1750~ points.

All you have left is room for 3-4 Mek Gunz.

It's shit.

This 8 model deathstar costs 759 points. If you want to add any more models, tough shit, you have to add in regular Nobz.

Also, if you want to add in more models, you have to sacrifice adding in ANYTHING other than the core + command (along with a single battlewagon which luckily counts as your auxiliary choice.)
>>
>>45554433
Doesn't stack with mandatory Waaaagh banner
>>
>>45554465

You're better off not taking the banner on the nobz as they exist just to eat bullets.
>>
>>45554477
Key word being "mandatory"...
>>
>>45553401
>>45553353
Speed Freeks
>>
Ork players won't be happy until they can deploy their units in base contact with every enemy unit on the board.
>>
>>45554636
I just want rules that help me go dakka rather than choppy. Both are valid for orks fluffwise, but GW rules writers seem to think Orks are only about running at the enemy.
>>
>>45554580

Unless i'm going blind (which is possible) i'm not seeing where you are forced to take a waagh banner.
>>
File: xl.png (504 KB, 1014x683) Image search: [Google]
xl.png
504 KB, 1014x683
>>45554685
Look under restrictions.
>>
>>45554720

How does that even fucking work? You get a waaagh banner (+1WS), then if he is alive you get +1WS and then warbosses also get +1WS for merely existing. Nowhere does the banner of the great waaagh technically say it doesn't stack with the rules for the vanilla waagh banner.
>>
>>45554776
basically all units in the formation get +2WS, Warbosses get +3WS

Ghazzy himself has WS9.

But as Lucky Stikk doesn't stack with Waaagh Banner, you can't get an extra +1WS from taking it.
>>
>>45555041

That still seems somewhat convulted given GW has gone to great pains in the past to stop the waaagh banner stacking with other bonuses and now suddenly boom, +2WS.
>>
>>45555190
boom, +2WS, for a 750 point formation.

Sound rather shit if you ask me.

Also I got it wrong, Ghazzy is WS8, not 9.
>>
>>45555210
>>45555190
It's not as if weapon skill is even that useful past a certain point.
>>
>>45555210

It makes the unit useful at pulverisng other deathstars - especially with ghaz stepping up and tanking for the team.
>>
>>45555326
He can't tank for the team in melee though, only at ranged.

A single Dreadnought could charge this 750 point formation and, if it got lucky (not even that lucky), could kill 2 of the Warbosses and Grotsnikk with its 6 attacks.
>>
>>45555424

Unless the formation is seriously spread out the council would have ghazzy in base contact with the dread, in which case ork player simply declare ghaz the closest model and tank the dread.
>>
This new Ork Decurion is actually exactly the same as before.

Nearly everything in the Decurion you could run with the EXACT same special rules as before the update.

Ork Horde formation already gave the Waaagh every turn bonus - you could already take any formations you wanted outside of this and they'd still benefit - none of the formations seem to have changed at all in their special rules.

This has literally just suggested that you take the Ork Horde formation from the codex with the other formations from the supplement.

The only difference is that units with 10 or more models (A.K.A only Ork Boyz) get HoW which is pretty much the same as before.

And the new Ghazkgull fearless list.

And goff-mob, but we don't actually know what it does yet.
>>
>>45554613
That isn't a formation, it just lets you pick a unit from the list. They don't get any special bonuses or anything.
>>
>>45554162
Tell that to the Thunderwolves with storm shields and a biker rune priest for a chance at eternal warrior and 4 fnp.
>>
>>45554636
What is skyhammer.
>>
>>45557129
Difference being that the TWC deathstar is actually vey mobile, individually tough and packs a lot of punch. Unlike this overcosted, bloated mess.
>>
>>45557369
And the independent characters can splinter off to hit other things if there are targets that they can solo.
>>
>>45553282
>>45553353
Would this be better is ghazgull and his squad weren't such a point sink?
>>
>>45558155
>0-5 Command choices for each core
>Ghazkull can be taken as a single command choice

There, Orkurion fixed.
>>
>>45553282
>>45553353

Is this a fucking joke? i refuse to believe this lazy as fuck hackjob is real.

They literally just redid the Ghazz book didn't they? shoved all the existing shit into a 'decurion' and said fuck it, charge full price.

Orks are too good for this shit game
>>
>>45557160

> Marine players won't be happy until they can deploy their Hating, Shredding, Hammering units in base contact with enemies who cannot Overwatch and have already been hit with 3D6-Pinning Grav-Cannons
> Oh wait, they already have that
> Orks are being needy
>>
So does the new book really have 3 brand new ork formations?

Any idea's what they are? The Waaagh!-band is new isn't it?
>>
>>45553639
>Implying 594 points for a 2++ 4 wounds eternal warrior and a retinue is that bad
>>
>>45560076
I think its the aircraft based ones.
>>
>>45561408
I think you're right. the 3 jets 2 bombers already existed.

Fuck me this might be the shittest codex release ever.

Why does GW consistently shit on Orks?
>>
The waagh!curion seems kind of mediocre. Anyone concerned that all future ones will be equally so?
>>
>>45561475
They just got ultra fucking lazy. some of the most effortless work from GW in a long time.

Tyranids and such have hope because GW has no shit to just copy and paste.

As if just giving us fucking Grukk again wasn't a slap in the face enough
>>
>>45560076
I shit you not. It's 3 fucking flyer formations. They are all of them garbage.
>>
File: really now.png (242 KB, 437x338) Image search: [Google]
really now.png
242 KB, 437x338
>>45561450
>Play Sisters and tomb kings.
>"Why does GW consistently shit on Orks?"
>>
>>45562629
The Sisters codex is relatively strong, & they have a huge allies pool. Orks aren't battle-brothers with a goddamned thing, have TWICE NOW gotten copy-pasted dogshit in place of inspired/competent rules, & still aren't viable, when GW had the fucking chance to make new stuff like they did for the fucking imperials.

It sucks for Tomb Kings, but they still have an army book to play; Sisters need a plastic release, but have a naturally stronger codex, because none of their rules are a fucking liability or intentional hamstring or overcosted or ineffective or obviously nerfed when it should be a superheavy or arbitrarily harmed by increased cost AND a nerf rule.

Orks are the whole reason I got into this shit fucking game, & now a literal retard could write better rules for my army than GW. My CLOSE COMBAT army has no bonus to Initiative like we used to, fucking NO INVULNERABLE SAVES, only 2 sources of EW, fucking LOST the ability to assault from Deepstrike, and costs so goddamned much that it's literally impossible to run the army effectively as a horde army WHEN IT'S A FUCKING HORDE ARMY.
>>
>>45561519
GW could always just fit the Shield of Baal releases in the old 'dex, half-ass a decurion-style meta formation and put the new thing out there alongside a standalone release of the Spawn of Cryptus.
Same with Orks, and kinda similar to SW and Tau: Barely changed previous dex with new shit thrown in there. Not comparing the levels of power here, mind you...
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.