[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
character creators what are some good video game character creators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: SOULCALIBUR_16.png (557 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
SOULCALIBUR_16.png
557 KB, 800x450
character creators

what are some good video game character creators that you have used to make your character with?

pic related I dm'd a game almost every important npc I made in the soul calibur 5 creator. Doesnt work for more exotic races but the customiation was pretty great
>>
>>45502039
anyone remember back in the pre-release of 4e they promised a digital token creator when you could have a vast number of pieces to select to make a damn good looking character?
>>
>>45502079
To be fair, that fell apart because shit went down with the company that was contracted for it.
>>
the ESO creation is pretty nice if you want to make a half orc who doesnt look like shit
>>
>>45502039
Really can't wait for the next SC game just for this reason. SC4 was my favorite for some of the armors that were in there, but SC5 was great for a character gen as well. Almost makes me wish they would put out the character gen online as a hack or something
>>
I think there is a character creator engine out there for Black Desert, that is free to download and not nearly as large an install as downloading the full game.
>>
>>45502931
Yeah but its an over hyped piece of garbage.
>>
>>45502079
>>45502193
There was also the promise of an online map tool, but that fell apart because a murder-suicide, I think.
>>
>>45503015
what isn't?
>>
EVE Online's is good for unaugmented sci fi humans (and fantasy/modern humies if you choose certain clothes) It's free, too.

Tip: Use a fake email for the 30-day subscription.
>>
>>45502039

Google image search and pirated Photoshop.
>>
File: Smugmotherfucker.jpg (63 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Smugmotherfucker.jpg
63 KB, 512x512
>>45504624
Came to say this
>>
>>45504624
>>45504819

It's won't become useless after 30 days?
>>
>>45504893
New email, new free trial
>>
File: coh-boss-create-5.jpg (1 MB, 1597x1157) Image search: [Google]
coh-boss-create-5.jpg
1 MB, 1597x1157
The graphics aren't quite up to par nowadays, but I still use the City of Heroes character generator every now and then.

It helps that I was able to find a torrent of just the character creator, so I don't have to fuss with trials like >>45504624... even though EVE's creator does look damn nice.
>>
>>45502039
> I dm'd a game almost every important npc I made in the soul calibur 5 creator.
I did the same thing for all my characters on a NWN roleplay server
>>
>>45502039
Black Desert character creator is very good in terms of facial details but otherwise poor choice of hairs and barely any clothes. Lots of skin tones and details like that. It's avaible as a standalone download too.

Now I'm wondering if one focused on creating a software mostly dedicated to character creation, if that would have a market.
>>
>>45505883
Hero forge should get a honorable mention here too.
>>
>>45505764
CoX's creation was fucking astounding for a lot of purposes. The character creator is still top notch for total options offered even if the graphics are old potato quality.
>>
I recall APB's character creator being pretty good for modern characters. Though you do have to unlock clothes and shit by actually playing the game, which I wouldn't recommend.
>>
CoX's spiritual successor, Champions Online is great, if a little cartoony.
>>
>>45505986
The gameplay was solid enough at its base level. Cops and robbers.

Problem was you'd be playing against people with shoestring connections and instant kill weapons.
>>
>>45506199
Not to mention that driving around was a bit, tasking at times given the generally dickery of people on the overworld.

Still. Great character customization.
>>
>>45505986
>everyone in game is Gangstuh
>all rides are tricked out and covered in decals and stuff
>play detective character in a suit with a leather shoulder holster
>drive dark grey ford crown victoria with a magnetic siren on top
>monologue nonstop
Man I forgot all about that game. Good times.
>>
>>45506074
Champions Online is solid, but the creator doesn't exist on its own.

Seriously, why don't more games get their creators ripped out as standalone programs?
>>
>>45502568

That would be pretty damn sweet.

I am still holding my breath that that free-to-play pay-to-win Lost Swords nonsense (who the fuck makes a fighting game with no multiplayer?) made Namco stop trying to kill Project Soul so they can bring out Soul Calibur 6.

And hopefully have their full production time, not "you'll do this in a year or you're all fired."
>>
File: spore-creature-creator-promo.png (136 KB, 450x197) Image search: [Google]
spore-creature-creator-promo.png
136 KB, 450x197
Objectively the best
>>
>>45507177
Y'know, for all its failings Spore did actually have some solid monster creation tools.
>>
>>45507382
Not as much as was promised. The E3 demo looked fucking STELLAR but they cut so many features and made it for young kids.
>>
>>45507518
Thats cause like, 90% through the development half the team decided, "You know what would be cool? If we made this awesome ass game into dumbed down kiddy shit." And EA, being EA, decided, that that was a FANTASTIC idea so they killed the underwater stage, most of the tribe and city stages, and dumbed down what DID suvive immensely
>>
>>45507577
Like, I can understand axing the underwater stage if they had time constraints, but the rest was fucking unforgiveable. I had such high hopes for that game. Now, not even the creature creator is as fleshed out as it was back then.
>>
>>45507614
They could have finished it with the time they were given if half the team didn't preform a coup d'etat with the express purpose of making the game objectively worse
They also ended up axing plans for an expansion based off flight. I'm sure someone has a screencap of a /v/ rage thread where they talked about this
>>
>>45502039
Neverwinter Nights
>>
>>45507668
Is there a way to bring Spore back from the dead? Back into its original form?
>>
>>45507753
Find someone who has built a time machine to go back in time to kill hitler, shank them, steal their keys, and go back in time and set right what once went wrong.
>>
>>45507753
Eh... Technology's advanced quite a deal in the... 10 years since it came out? It might be feasible for a determined group of indie devs to make spore like it was supposed to be made, hell you might even be able to get most of the original crew to do it if they made a kickstarter or something. Spore's main issue wasn't that it was an icarus who flew too close to the sun, it's that it was an icarus who almost made it to the sun, but then one of his wings shot the other and decided that instead of doing something amazing their time would be better spent shitting on rooftops and statues like a bird or the indian version of superman
>>
>>45507837
I'll be honest that if I got wings that worked, I'd shit on statues and cars.

Only thing the power is good for, other than getting shot by people who are jealous of you.
>>
>>45507878
Go back to india and learn to shit in a toilet you fucking savage
>>
>>45507927
I don't see how I implied that I didn't know how to shit in a toilet.

I'm just stating that the only use that having the power of flight and only the power of flight is just to shit on things and getting shot.
>>
>>45507927
If somebody wants to learn how to shit in a toilet, I'm not sure India is the best place to go.
>>
>>45507957
what about being a stunt guy? you could do some STUPID jumps that no one else could do sine you were in 0 danger
>>
>>45508047
Depends on how you fly, as you could still easily be in danger and they may have edit out your wings.
>>
Heromachine is the one I use.
>>
File: Solaire_Model_Viewer.jpg (98 KB, 930x518) Image search: [Google]
Solaire_Model_Viewer.jpg
98 KB, 930x518
No mention of WoWModelViewer?
It's free, it decently designed, and has millions of items you can equip your character with.
>>
>>45502568
SC5 was mostly shit though, even if it did have a better character creator.
>>
File: malini zhalosky.png (2 MB, 1400x987) Image search: [Google]
malini zhalosky.png
2 MB, 1400x987
Second Life
>>
>>45507837
>Technology's advanced quite a deal in the10 years since it came out
But video games have degraded considerably, if it was re-released now it would be even further dumbed down and unrelated to the original idea.
>>
>>45502193
>>45503778

4e's development really sounds like some evil wizard put a curse on it.
>>
>>45509774
3.5 achieved lichdom by cursing it's successor.
>>
>>45508828
Except that every single one of them looks like shit, and the art style is eye cancer.

If someone came to my table with a character portrait from WoW, they'd be laughed out of the room.
>>
>>45508992
yes and shill out tons of money for products made by other community members and sexual deviants, oh wait that last part was redundant
>>
>>45509764
>two dozen genders
>only hair colour is blue
>>
>>45506199
I'd be totally willing to drop fifteen bucks a month fo a non-pay2win version of APB.
>>
I made over 30 PCs and NPCs in XCOM 2.
>>
>>45503778
>murder-suicide

what
>>
>>45510700

The guy in charge of some of the online tabletop stuff died in a murder-suicide. Not even kidding.

That's why 4e had a lot less of the online tools than it was supposed to. It was going to have an online tabletop system designed FOR playing 4e.
>>
>>45509947
Yeah. And the phylactery created by the sacrifice is the OGL.
>>
>>45502039
I'm probably gonna try to use Black Desert, seeing as the creator is really cool, and it recently got released for free.
>>
>>45510717

The OGL was a cursed object in the first place.

While it seemed a good idea at the time it's caused nothing but pain in the end for Wizards. It made them unable to protect their market share when Paizo made Pathfinder while also causing severe backlash with it's removal. It's very understandable why they didn't want it for later editions as it gave them almost no real control over their own product.
>>
>>45510735
That's what I mean. It's the perfect analogy for a phylactery. It prolongs ones life unnaturally, damning it to a cursed, but potentially infinite, existence, while creating pain and suffering for everyone.

3.5 won't die till the OGL exists. And destroying the OGL is impossible.
>>
>>45510717
>>45510735
>>45510754

Wizards is also pretty good example of what happens when you try and toy with copyleft without adapting your business practices to better profit from it.
>>
>>45503015
You don't have to play, thankfully.
>>
>>45503015
Yeah but he wasn't talking about the game itself.
>>
The random adventurer generator for Dwarf Fortress is pretty great for generating personalities on the fly.
>>
>>45510258
Did someone get bootyblasted by a Blood DK last night?
>>
>>45511163
>>45511140
It has nothing to do with the game. The character creation tool is extremely disappointing.
>>
File: 2016-01-27_269833972.jpg (207 KB, 1914x1051) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-27_269833972.jpg
207 KB, 1914x1051
>>45511327
It makes average gooks with meme hair pretty well
>>
>>45502039
Phantasy Star Online 2 puts out some really nice face results and has a standalone creator.
>>
Dragon's Dogma is pretty awesome for creating humans, elves, and dwarves.

Too bad they're always nekkid and you have to play for a while to get any good clothes.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.