[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #690: Hopes and Dreams Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>Last Thread
>>45296262
>>
>>45315021
40K Imperium jump.
Warhammer Fantasy.
Upcoming Black Crusade.
>>
So how effective is Darkslayer at replicating weapons? It says the copies are subpar unless you're familiar with a weapon or have trained in replicating them, so if you've trained in it and are very familiar with, say, Excalibur, how powerful would the copies be?
>>
File: hamon coca-cola.gif (887 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hamon coca-cola.gif
887 KB, 500x281
>>45315253
Tell me about your beverage of choice, /jc/.
>>
>>45315253
but nobody came
>>
>>45315344
You still drink?
>>
I hereby solemnly swear that tomorrow I will get very drunk and work on my jump.
>>
>>45315522
You better fucking do it, Anon who I have no idea about who is nor what jump they're talking about.
>>
>>45315344

Diet Coke and tart Apple cider.
Spicy old fashioneds are also nice.
>>
>>45315344
I have several unlimited beverage perks, but I tend to tire of the limited permutations of Red Gush, Duncan Hills Coffee various normal sodas, or Slurm mixed with all the various alcohols.
>>
Threadly reminder that snek a shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olfLJe8v-kA
>>
>>45315344
I enjoy water.
Yeah it's boring but I like it, fuck you.
>>
>>45315344
Orange pop.

On that topic, are there any jumps where I can get an infinite supply of orange pop?
>>
>>45315785
The Keenan and Kel jump.
>>
File: godness_by_molybdenumgp03.jpg (519 KB, 750x1113) Image search: [Google]
godness_by_molybdenumgp03.jpg
519 KB, 750x1113
Hypothetically speaking, if I've had a really bad jump, bad enough to make me want to create a plague to kill every evil person on the planet, what jumps would help me go about creating a disease that can discern a person's morality?
>>
File: wholovesorangesoda.jpg (34 KB, 503x383) Image search: [Google]
wholovesorangesoda.jpg
34 KB, 503x383
>>45315793
I want it, anon. You have no idea.
>>
>>45315785
Carnival Phantasm.
>050: Drinking Fountain: You have a drink dispenser in your warehouse now, loaded up with an infinite supply of ice and one mundane beverage of your choosing. So no potions or drugs, but anything from soda to coffee to booze basically.
>>
>>45315834
Can viruses be given Detect Evil as a spell-like ability? I think so.
>>
>>45315834
I'm not really sure. I mean making a disease is easy enough with geneforge and resident evil, but to discern a person's morality? No clue, unless you could actually find a basis for their morality in their genetics, then there is a perk in geneforge that would have you covered. Might want to go an entirely different direction and get some nanomachines, likely from Gunnm, and then using crimson saint from Maoyuu make a technological variant of the detect alignment spell from a D&D jump.
>>
File: planescape.jpg (52 KB, 448x419) Image search: [Google]
planescape.jpg
52 KB, 448x419
>>45315793
>>45315843
God I can hear them saying it in my head. The whole fucking catchphrase. What the HELL. It's been twenty years!
>>
>>45315834
Resident Evil viruses can scan mental states, you could use that to make them kill people with a set of personality traits that you consider evil.
>>
>>45315785
F.E.A.R. has an infinite soda machine.
>>
Is there any perk I could combine with Attitude from Power Rangers to switch between different personalities on the fly?
>>
>>45316053
Take a look at the SAO perk Roleplay, see if that's good enough. As to your combo? No idea. Sorry.
>>
>>45315344
Rum and tonic. Probably the most delicious drink I've had.
>>
>See Career Model jump
>See Photographer choice
>Suddenly, Warzone Journalist build
>>
>>45315344
The cheapest rum I can find. The closer it tastes to death, the better.

>>45316122
The tabloid reporter origin for Hollywood is also pretty useful for that.
>>
>>45316122
>dat pic
Daaang, one sharp gust and that helo's eating a building.
>>
File: Yozerker.jpg (153 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Yozerker.jpg
153 KB, 700x700
What is your greatest mundane skill?
>>
>>45316380
Shitposting.
>>
>>45315834

Might be better to create an unstoppable drone enforcement swarm, that enforces the laws and has enough intelligence to do so benevolently.

You'd still be a world-conquering dictator, but it's less dubious than thinking evil is a thing.
>>
Hey, /jc/ it's been an eternity. I feel like I've made every build ever. Anyone have any novel rules/limitations/themes to throw at me before I start a new one?
>>
>>45316854
No perks, only items.
>>
>>45316854
How about a rule of avoiding things to help you keep a stable mind, and a theme of building neurosis?
>>
>>45316870
No perks, one to three companions, items only, only 10 items total. Supernatural abilities that aren't possible with a normal human body cannot be learned, and all others must be paid for, representing the Jumper paying for the opportunity to learn them.

To make it interesting, every time you beat a 600+ or higher Drawback, you can use the CP to buy any perk normally, violating the rules above but not any of the rules set by the Jump or Jumpchain itself.
>>
>>45315253
Tell me about the turning points of your chain, /jc/.

Tell me about the moments where your very nature was changed.

One of mine was when I used the Annex Program from Code Lyoko to upload myself into a Dyson I yoinked from HALO.
At that moment I became something of an Archailect.
>>
Does Synchronicity Event from F.E.A.R. let you impart any of your psychic abilities to others or only psychic abilities gained in the F.E.A.R. jump?
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>45315344
We brew our own. One part cider brewed from the golden apples frist cultivated by Iounn. Two parts ambrosia juice, and one part liquor distilled from the peaches of immortality. Served with a twist of Philosopher's Stone enchanted with the Sixth Imaginary Factor, and steeped in the distilled belief of humanity.

We call it Soma. It's best served stirred, not shaken.

>>45316380
It's probably a tie between cooking and golf, although neither can be really described as mundane when one was honed in Toriko and the other is primary used to manipulate space-time anomalies.

>>45316952
Any of 'em, as long as they're psychic.
>>
So what's your beast form in bloody roar jumpers?
And what is a perk or item besides the one in search for eden that can uplift a species to sapience quickly.
>>
So in the drawback where your stuck with retail in the trash can with rita in the power rangers jumpis talking and fucking around all you can do ?
>>
>>45317128
Keep a book in your pocket or enter hibernation.
>>
>>45317140
Super Lawyer time is confirmed a go the book of law if the the only book I've kept on myself at all times.
>>
>>45317181
>AFTER 10000 YEARS, I'M FREE!
>TIME TO INSITUTE SWEEPING LEGAL REFORM!
>>
What's a good starting point for a holy/paladin build?
>>
File: antispiralinterrupt.png (2 MB, 1276x720) Image search: [Google]
antispiralinterrupt.png
2 MB, 1276x720
>>45317108
Why ever would we soil our hands in the fighting pits like some sort of undereducated brute?

Nah, we just sat in the shadows dicking around with conspiracies.

>>45316918
Uh. Geeze, we're gonna be here all day if we start listing them ALL man. Whether going from a baryonic state to a pseudo-fermion sea suspended in Bose-Einstein condensate or converting supercomputers into nanotech or using a Knight of Hell and modified Soul Shards to create a supply of Cambion souls aligned with our own aspect, suffice to say that our very nature has been fundamentally aligned with that of our cosmic principle.

Heck, because of our very nature Fallen London alone counts due to the tiny star-spore in our incarnation there getting supersaturated by the multiversal reserves of spiritual energy in our world-self. Suffice to say it was very awkward trying to hide around in the Neath as a nascent Judgement suffering from gigantism.

Currently, we're looking into using Guru and certain properties of the First and Olympian flames in order to bud the star spore within ourself in a process akin to metaphysical nuclear fusion, so that we may sprout entire constellations of Judgements within ourself.
>>
>>45317251
Ravenloft.

More seriously, it depends a bit on what kind of holy/paladin you want to focus on. Order of the Stick/Neverwinter Nights has the D&D approach to Paladining, Warcraft and World of Warcraft have the Warcraft approach(es) to it, and the Fate/(Extra) jumps can let you take the warrior of Charlemagne approach to it (though the Nasu part of that approach means trap and flatchest built into it).
As for the holy part, again, that can be anything from the Warhammer jumps with human options, the Warcraft jumps, D&D for cleric or favoured soul or the like, Okami/GoW/Smite/etc for more literally being holy...
>>
>>45317358
Fighting is a good stress reliever.
>>
>>45317366
>warrior of Charlemagne approach to it (though the Nasu part of that approach means trap and flatchest built into it)
I don't think all of them were traps just the one.

Though it'd be funny if Charlemagne is a girl with her own harem order of paladin traps.
>>
>>45317219
You thought you could save yourselves from my common sense and good law making!! But im baaack better pony up zordan or your ass is going to jail
>>
>>45317366
Neat, thanks! I think I'll go for a D&D approach first. So, let's say if I'm making a party of jumpers based on Tabletop Archetypes... Bard?
>>
File: .jpg (112 KB, 736x1114) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
112 KB, 736x1114
>>45317251
Hellsing
>>
>>45317358
Implying my sweet megalodon and hydra forms can be used for ducking around during in an office.
>>
File: 1360859-tonberry_ta2.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1360859-tonberry_ta2.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>45317108
Pic related,Combined with a chainsaw demon weapon form and the ability to partially manifest It the conspiracy didn't have a chance.
>>
>>45317429
Your form to destroy the conspiracy was a small jelly bean man in a burlap sack ?
>>
>>45317429
Sorry I was thinking of killing bites,. I was a Peacebringer In bloody roar, It was actually pick related. Nice set of abilities Isn't it?
>>
>>45317452
You know what a tonberry Can do with a knife right? always learn how to cast butcher knife, It'll save you a lot of trouble!
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.600.34315.jpg (72 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.600.34315.jpg
72 KB, 424x600
>>45315344
I'm rather partial to Thunder Brew from Okami, actually. But I also enjoy just about any soft drink. The vending machine from Raildex provides a pretty great variety!

>>45316380
Probably either sleeping or drinking.

I can fall asleep anywhere, in any position, for any length of time, long or short, and my time spent is hypercompressed to the point that even a half hour is a substantial rest for me.
I can also wake up on command, and there's some additional supernatural weirdness, but for all intents and purposes I am just really awesome at sleeping.
It's nice to dream, since I'm so shit at it in real life.

As for drinking, well. I have literally ever Alcohol Tolerance perk in the entirety of jumpchain, as well as several toughness and endurance perks, and a bottomless stomach.
Anyone thinking to challenge me to a contest just because I'm a tiny girl is in for a rude awakening...
... the next day, when they wake up naked in a bathtub after blacking the fuck out.

>>45317128
I asked 'Dog about this once. Apparently you can drag in bought items, within reason...? It's still inescapable, warehouse access is blocked, and the dumpster is a finite space so you should probably try not to crush yourself, but if you bought an item that you think will pass the time and it'll fit, it's allowed.

I brought in the Old TV from Courage and my videogame collection from Megas, along with some food items. Goldar kept hoarding the snack cakes.

Fucking Goldar.
>>
>>45317412
Bard does have a number of options to make it more religion-focused. Complete Divine has a fair number of them, and the SRD has one of the variants.
>>
31. Futurama
Identity: Delivery Boy, Age: 23
Perks: Do the Hustle, No Delta Brainwave (-300), Sweet Sweet Candy (-300)
Crew (-500)
Drawbacks: Hhuuuwha? (+100)

Chimmy: Captain, Genetic Engineering, Pilot, Sweet Sweet Candy (-300)
Falco: Delivery Boy, Do The Hustle, No Delta Brainwave (-300)
Roberta: Delivery Boy, Do The Hustle, No Delta Brainwave (-300)
Lexington: Professor, Genetic Engineering, Pilot (-100), Mathematics, Rocket Science (-200)
Ko'el: Robot, Bending, Holophoner (-50), Spacecraft (-250)
Sisters of Battle: Delivery Boy, Do The Hustle, No Delta Brainwave (-300)

>You have a somewhat lax grasp on reality and have periods of absentmindedness.
And nothing changed.

Most of my companions stayed in their native forms, because this is the kind of universe where being a talking pile of rocks doesn't stop you from getting dates. We'd all seen the show at various points in our travels, and I thought'd be fun to be the dickass rivals to Planet Express. We got extra-universal business visas and just made a habit of hassling them whenever we could. Stealing business, guiding Fry into terrible situations, helping him and Leela have a long and happy marriage, placing Bender's hard drive into a highly magnetized body, and minimizing Hermes' workload were all on the table. We even continually bested them at dance-offs, until the Professor invented super-dancing exo-skeletons for them. I mean, they took it too far, but that was fun to watch.

So, we also got most of the party immunity to mind control. Chimmy is happy at being captain of a ship of sexy dancers. Ko'el now has a personal space-vessel and doesn't need to borrow any of the ships on the Light of Terra.
>>
>>45317509
How do you think rita is as a roommate?
>>
>>45317729
I remember my time in the can, she was,Bossy, shrill , too lazy to do anything herself and those minions of hers are complete jerks, Except Finster he was halfway decent.
>>
>>45317729
It's not JUST Rita. It's Rita and ALL her henchman. So that's including Finster, Goldar, Squat & Baboo, as well as Rita Repulsa herself.
They're all prone to random declarations and fidgety hand gestures for the sake of them, like most Power Rangers villains. As for Rita herself, she's got the voice of a trash compactor set to whine, is both convinced of her own self-importance and a chronic complainer, and gets frequent headaches. She also basically has no volume setting on her voice. So to answer your question: not great.

Although by the time our time there was done, I'd introduced her to the wonderful world of drinking. So her catchphrase had changed from "I've got a headache" to "I need a drink."
The resultant opening season was a little more PG-13 than the kids might remember as a result.

Anyway, I hope you like yelling.
>>
>>45317820
>>45317838
It's a good thing I keep earphones and a board game on me at all times.
>>
>>45317887
I thought you had no powers or outside items in the can. If you can bring stuff Im going to cram in some travel games.
>>
>>45317996
I was just told you can get some things along as their on you ?
>>
>>45316918
>your very nature was changed.
Well, I took a jump with a drawback where an idiotic power hungry bitch decided to harass me and my companions plenty. Between them and monsters, I got fed up enough that we declared war on a bunch of criminals that were her underlings.

My longtime partner took an interest in one of the criminals, another of the criminals really annoyed me, so I decided to do something I hadn't done before and probed him with mind worms. I needed information anyways, and after he had gotten in the way for the seventh time or so I got fed up and dismembered him before using him as a warning to other criminals.

Strangely enough it the sight of their colleague as a dismembered scarecrow didn't seem to affect the other criminals, so we took things to another level. From the point we realized that these idiots weren't going to give up, well we stopped treating them as just criminals and decided they were multiverse level threats and responded accordingly.

It was a major defensive overreaction if anything, but that was probably the turning point where we started focusing exclusively on ensuring that we were safe as a group over anything else.
>>
Do purity seals work outside of 40k?
What kinds of enchanting do we have? Im looking to make a wall stronger.
>>
>>45318040
Mantic Energy from Bastion is great at building super-strong walls. It's kind of its specialty. Just like the Ura are great at digging holes.
>>
File: konata_by_ayusakura.jpg (116 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
konata_by_ayusakura.jpg
116 KB, 1024x640
>>45317996
>>45318020

Yeah, as I said previously, I asked stupid_dog back when the jump was made.
He was very clear that there's no way to escape (it is a drawback, after all), and warehouse access is blocked. The dumpster is also quite cramped, and it's going to build up quite the stench during your time there.

But you're allowed to drag in items that you bought in previous jumps or that you can smuggle in on your person, provided you realize that they're still taking up space and you don't really have a lot of that.
Also, you're probably going to get bored of whatever you brought during the hundred years you're stuck there, but it's really better than nothing.

Gaming for me also doubled as a training regime, since I have a couple perks that cause that. But still, I was pretty done with that shit by the time we got out.
>>
>>45315834
Who's in the pic?
>>
>>45318740
Kali. Goddess of war

http://molybdenumgp03.deviantart.com/art/Goddess-140677339
>>
>>45318772
I knew it was Kali, I meant is that fan art of a certain series or something?
>>
So how about that libriomancer jump?
>>
>>45318800
don't think so.
>>
>>45318813
I know of no such jump. Nor do I think that making such a jump would be a good idea. It's not worth the amount of people applying the no limits fallacy to it and grabbing ridiculously OP things out of books.
>>
>>45318859
Or better/worse yet, writing Jumpchain into a book

And then pulling out the Benefactor like a Pokemon.
>>
>>45318875
>>45318859
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ddz_ncBpiFllRjv6AQEZmG_iX-5b2AgZtiiOfvx_Z-c/mobilebasic

It's still a WIP.
>>
>>45318893
>>45318813
Leave spacebattles where it is and dont bring it here.
>>
>>45318893
Yeaaaaah no. This is really just not going to work out and you will honestly regret trying to force the issue. There are other communities that will accept this, you are REALLY better off going to them. Seriously.
>>
>>45318893
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ddz_ncBpiFllRjv6AQEZmG_iX-5b2AgZtiiOfvx_Z-c/mobilebasic

I'm still unconvinced even with those limitations that over 2000 years you couldn't, say, write a story about The Omnipotent God-Apple That Will Make The Man Who Wrote This Book Win At Everything Forever and then use it.

So-yeah. Some settings only work as regular CYOAs, not jumps.
>>
>>45318929
Getting a companion or even someone in setting to write it for you seems to get around most of the limitations put in place.
>>
>>45318893
No thanks. Spacebattles can stay there, we don't want any of this here.
>>
>>45318950
>>45318903
Maybe I'm missing something but how can you tell the maker's from spacebattles and now just having a monumentally bad idea?

>>45318937
I didn't even think of that. I was thinking more of a hypothetical murderhobo spree while blasting anti-magic at the seals until they're weak enough to start using Libriomancy without the restrictions
>>
>>45318997
*not
>>
>>45318997
I checked.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-cyoa-thread.315809/page-538#post-20814348

It's both actually.
>>
>>45318929

Honestly even without that it's overpowered. There's several forms of sci-fi tech from books that's both high end jumper level bullshit and small enough to fit though the page.

There are also a few mythological and religious texts with some bullshit overpowered stuff.

Hell there are a few sci-fi stories where you can read about the big bang when it was still really tiny.
>>
>>45319021
>>45319044

Oh, dear.

The sad thing is-the perks actually look pretty neat. The issue really is that the casting system is fundamentally borked.

If the guy who worked on it is still around-for what it's worth, I do think it would make for a pretty good regular CYOA. It's just not something that really works in the wider context of the chain.
>>
>>45319044
>>45318997
Shit, just pay some schuck to write the most OP thing he can think of, ending up with something along the lines of that awful suggsverse and use a few perks or good/obscene amounts of marketing to get assloads of people to read it.
>>
File: DEMONBREAD.png (372 KB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
DEMONBREAD.png
372 KB, 896x504
Haha, I just had a look at the tail end of that thread and:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-cyoa-thread.315809/page-540

>As for Infinicon it's a jump nobody talks about by a guy who's a complete pariah (a good 90% of the thread has him on ignore and the rest are constantly yelling at him for being a moron)
>Bancho, right?

SB only just finding out about Bancho amuses me.

It's like watching a bunch of kids turn over a stone without knowing about the gross nest of worms underneath it.
>>
File: u093201048.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
u093201048.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>45319098
Beautiful.
>>
>>45319098
Eh, both of the people in that conversation are regulars here. Granted, most of the rest of the thread probably doesn't know about Bancho, but they probably both have for a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1100x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1100x385
>>45316122
Kiowa pilots are pretty insane.
>>
>>45318893
I read Libriomancer, and it wouldn't work at all. It's basically "Magpie Jumper: The Jump."
>>
>>45319340
>It's basically Jump-Chan: The Jump

FTFY
>>
>>45319098
>As for Infinicon it's a jump nobody talks about
I remember when it first got made, there was confusion about whether or not it was suitable as a jump setting. Now a year later when we have even more ridiculous settings that have decent jumps made out of them, I actually care a lot less... ... but I still think it would be better served by someone who isn't tera.
>>
>>45319363
There are still enough limits that you can't literally become Jump-Chan, but there's basically no need to ever buy an item again with it, because you have all of them. Forever.
>>
>>45319365
My main disagreement stems from it being more open-ended than, say, the Wheel of Time being a vaguely put together /tg/ homebrew and therefore providing more lattitude for what can be wanked out of it. The way con-magic or whatever it is that makes its' weird shit happen isn't explained very well in the jump, but I doubt it's any more clear in the original "setting".

That said, I agree Tera/Bancho was the worst possible choice for doing anything.
>>
>>45319073
The setting itself has it controlled by Gutenberg's banhammer from what I gather. Which is why my major recommendation is to keep it in effect. Admittedly would still be ridiculously potent, but would prevent stuff like a One Punch Man novelization being used.

Although yeah, this might just be a setting that shouldn't get a jump due to working poorly in context of the Chain.
>>
>>45319425
The thing that frustrates me is that Immersion can be treated as actual reality warping or it can be treated as a shared hallucination where Consec has to convince people they're not dead afterwards. Or it doesn't even have to be a big part of the setting, which can be played as sort of a darkly humorous blend between nerd culture and real world territorial disputes. But naturally, he goes for the batshit interpretation.

It's like a Paranoia Jump that only offered Zap.
>>
>>45316380
Cooking. Hands down. No question.
>>
>>45319073

Each item draws on the caster's magic.

If you make yourself a God or invoke any permanent/super-long-term magical transformation, it would burn out all your power in the process. This is what happens to vampires and werewolves.
>>
>>45319476
OPM wouldn't be an issue, because only matter. But the Infinity Gauntlet would be a real issue, for example. Or the Cosmic Cube. Or TARDIS Coral. Or the Lance of Longinus.
>>
>>45319513
Exactly, My impression was that the people brainstorming it never got round to deliberately laying down a canon interpretation either way, which makes it difficult to ascertain exactly what kind of feats stuff from there can do-which isn't helped by Bancho naturally deciding it means reality warping for everyone.

It does sound a little bit like Unknown Armies. Which if it were a jump, would probably boast an all-time record for people going Drop-In to avoid the fact that you have to literally go insane in a specific way to use the setting's magicks.
>>
With some superscience, how hard would it be to transfer full Conduit powers as opposed to the bastardized versions that the DUP and Vermaak 88 got?
>>
>>45319044
>There's several forms of sci-fi tech from books that's both high end jumper level bullshit and small enough to fit though the page.

Anything made with Libriomancy is a magical construct - it has no moving parts or useful data stores.

>>45318929
>I'm still unconvinced even with those limitations that over 2000 years you couldn't, say, write a story about The Omnipotent God-Apple That Will Make The Man Who Wrote This Book Win At Everything Forever and then use it.

In 2000 years, if you cannot break a magic system over your knee you aren't even trying.
>>
>>45319600
Write a book about a super efficient magic channeling/use item. Repeat.
>>
>>45319558
I thought the jump says supernautral beings can't do libriomancy?

>>45319566
Wait-TARDISes are made of coral? I thought they were weird eldritch hyperdimensional lifeforms

>>45319583
Reverse engineer the Ray Sphere/10

>>45319600
The thing is-breaking magic systems doesn't usually result in literal omnipotence.

And "magical construct" still provides massive leeway for abuse. See: The Omnipotent God-Apple.
>>
>>45319632
Wait, I've a better idea: Write a book about the normal limitations of libriomancy being erased and redefined as whatever Jumper wants, and write it well enough to be a bestseller
>>
>>45319633
>The thing is-breaking magic systems doesn't usually result in literal omnipotence.

Omnipotence is infinite power.

You're free to pull the GODHEAD out of a book, but you would die instantly and possibly explode.

>>45319632

Doesn't really work like that - generally those items would only work for their own magic system, and maybe not even then. It's why scrying devices and tricorders tend to be useless.
>>
Aren't there multiple perks and items in this jump that loosen or remove a lot of the limitations of libriomancy on top of what OP stuff is already there? Some pen and one of the capstones
>>
>>45319566
You know it's benchmarked at the colt revolver from supernatural right?
>>45319568
It's not reality warping, it's YOU-warping, then the character If that And that's only because you lose yourself to the Character. It's not something a rational Reasonable person would do.
>>
>>45319633
>Reverse engineer the Ray Sphere/10
Nah, I just want to be Captain Planet, not a discount Doctor Manhattan.
>>
>>45319655
No no efficiency for libromancy power. And if that doesn't work? Make items that are literally just storage containers for libromancy to use, repeat until bullshit.

What we are saying is dear god do not leave it top open. Do like soft cap where past a certain point progress is slowed the farther you go.
>>
>>45319657

The items remove the "physical caloric drain" and "damages the book" limits, but not the "personal magical drain" or "magical crack cocaine" ones.

Gutenberg's ban is also a so-so thing. Mostly he locks the books that would be stupid to draw from. RPG books aren't too bad - unless you have a copy of Strike Legion...
>>
>>45319655
Well, let's say you want a big quantity of a rare resource like the Hourai Elixier or the Chousin's gems or any cool metal you see in another jump. Is there anything stopping you from just sort of snagging all the rarest of rare treasures just by describing them well enough and resting up before pulling them from a book?

>>45319674
I don't see that benchmark in the jump. Regardless, my primary objection lies in my considering that the setting isn't well defined enough to have canon interpretations and hard limits for what things from it can do, and therefore not suitable for making a jump out of.
>>
>>45319702
>Well, let's say you want a big quantity of a rare resource like the Hourai Elixier or the Chousin's gems or any cool metal you see in another jump. Is there anything stopping you from just sort of snagging all the rarest of rare treasures just by describing them well enough and resting up before pulling them from a book?

Not really. Some kind of Fancy Diamond of Swag is noted to have been replicated dozens of times.

But what comes out isn't the "real deal". It's always a magical simulacrum of it - limited by a combination of your power and the "mass faith" involved - so the Hourai Elixir might work... until someone hit you with a Dispel Magic or the effect was overloaded, and the transformation involved would probably burn out your Libriomancy anyway.
>>
>>45319693
I still thinking the cheatiest way would just be to print a series called How to Remove the Normal Limits of Spellcasting For Dummies: Volumes 1-9001 and keep distributing them as bestsellers until you can just pull out whatever you want.

>>45319675
You're out of luck, then. It's more or less confirmed the initial manner "full Conduit powers" were gained relates to the Ray Sphere's explosion, and people further away from it than John/The Beast getting hit by its' radiation. Heck, in Infamous 2 Nix got her powers from having the right genes and being near the blast radius that turned Bertrand into a gross roach kaiju.

And they don't really explain how they came back in Second Son after Cole did the planetary EMP.
>>
>>45319702
desu, I just want to spend my ten years bro-I got it up with my companions at a big ass convention.

But if immersion is going to be a thing, then
FUCK
THAT
>>
>>45319733
>I still thinking the cheatiest way would just be to print a series called How to Remove the Normal Limits of Spellcasting For Dummies: Volumes 1-9001 and keep distributing them as bestsellers until you can just pull out whatever you want.

What would you remove from the book?
How would it work?
How much power would it take to rewrite the universal magical law?
>>
>>45319702
1.It's part of the description,The colt, Suit of iron Man armor,Some of the Weirder utility Things like moving into a body pillow picture.
2.It seemed to me that in the original threads . The setting was open to several different interpretations depending on what kind of power Level you wanted,I went with a higher power level,There Was A anonymous who Wanted to do A low powered supplement,And I approved it., but so far nothing is forthcoming.
>>45319743
But here's the thing. You don't have to pick immersion, it's perfectly possible to cosplay without becoming a character. Just shower at the end of the day and maintain relationships/jobs etc. as yourself.
>>
>>45319727
The crux of my argument is the sheer breadth of what you can replicate seems overly meta to me even by the standards of jumpchain-espeically when it comes to world-changing macguffins or priceless artifacts. This isn't like Nasuverse Projection where even Shirou, who has an RM spec'd for the job, can't replicate Ea.

>>45319754
>What would you remove from the books

A candelabra that allows me to cheat the laws of Libriomancy

>How would it work

Magic. As long as I hold on to it, I can take out whatever I want.

>How much power

Actually I don't know, I've never read the Libiomancer books. But I did write in the books I issued out that the Candelabra of Calamity specifically allows people to cheat libiomancy limits by its' very nature.
>>
>>45319733
The point of that wasn't that it was broken, it was that it could not be stopped. Its too simple. If it cannot be accomplished, then how can anything with the magic system?

Your plan does involve doing a whole lot, through 9001 steps I presume, but infinity/9001 is still a lot. Even if my setup doesn't reach infinity, its still an escalating level of power. Especially once you throw in perks that remove the need for food/sleep and can start rapid casting it.
>>
>>45319792
This argument is kind of just bullshit, though if you are trying to highlight the issues with others arguements I understand. Remember he has said that if you try and break the limits of what you can do you end up burned out, so you might get your candelabra but be unable to use it, which is of course solved by having a companion do it. But just pointing out the flaw in your plan.
>>
File: idonteven.jpg (52 KB, 583x405) Image search: [Google]
idonteven.jpg
52 KB, 583x405
>>45319770
1. I found the example items. The Colt isn't mentioned at all.

>the wellspring of immersion that is the under con doesn't just effect living things, if someone reaches
complete immersion there props and accessories cross over with them, and those who imagine themselves as wizards and techno-geniuses can gain the ability to create their own marvels. You've managed to find such a wonder, whether it's a functioning replica of the sword of omens, instructions for entering the 2-D world and interacting the characters on body pillows physically the characters on, a functional set of iron Man model 33 armor keyed to your biometrics, anything up in this range can be yours . Of course such things are precious beyond measure and bring as much trouble as they solve, reality really doesn't like it when the line between what is and is not is crossed to this degree.

Some of these things' value seem arbitrary. Entering the 2D world is much more advanced than Iron Man armour

>I went for a higher power level

Bancho, this in a nutshell is why nobody trusts you with a setting they care about, and you're blithely missing my point

The fact that there ARE several interpretations of how the fundamental powers of the setting work is why I think this setting DOES NOT work as a jump at all.

>>45319802
...I'm sorry, I've completely missed the point you're trying to make, I might just be too tired to understand you.

All I'm saying is that the whole system seems broken as hell because you can just write about whatever you want.

>>45319832
And that's fair enough-that is, in fact, all I'm trying to do-as mentioned above even taking those limits into account I just think the whole system is abusable in a meta sense.
>>
>>45319792
>The crux of my argument is the sheer breadth of what you can replicate seems overly meta to me even by the standards of jumpchain-espeically when it comes to world-changing macguffins or priceless artifacts. This isn't like Nasuverse Projection where even Shirou, who has an RM spec'd for the job, can't replicate Ea.

Except it kindof is.

You can't generate infinities.
Anything that uses power uses YOUR power and permanently locks it up until you destroy the item.
Any items that are "too good to be true" are like a genie's wishes.
You can't create knowledge either.

If we just want to compare magic systems - DnD can easily provide Unlimited Free Wishes. Many of the others have similarly potent things, that aren't even that hard to acquire.

I agree that flavour-wise it's a bit superfluous, but as long as the jump is internally consistent and balanced, I don't think this is any more OP than any other open-ended magic system - and actually the books spend a lot more time defining limits than many series, even if they break some of the lesser ones along the way.
>>
>>45318893
I like this.

Sympathetic magic I thought I would have to wait for a "kingkiller chronicle" jump and is so damn useful. Especially since canny use geta rid of pesky g forces on turns, making speedsters faster than ever.

Hive mind is the perk I have dreamed of, which does make me question if it should exist, but look it over and make sure its balanced with the others.

As for libromancy limitations, include the jumpchan fiat that libromancy cannot affect libromancy. If this is already a part of the books then make it very loud and clear. As its already stated you cannot both Be magic and Have magic, if libromancy made items cannot directly affect libromancy, most of the bullshit in thread goes away.
>>
>>45319600

>Anything made with Libriomancy is a magical construct - it has no moving parts or useful data stores.

I was thinking less 'get tech data' and more stuff like a Xeelee Star Breaker which is a device small enough to be hand held that as it's name implies breaks stars.

>>45319633

>Wait-TARDISes are made of coral? I thought they were weird eldritch hyperdimensional lifeforms.

While TARDIS coral was once mentioned I think it's less literal coral and more 'this is what a still developing TARDIS is called'.

Although if I remember correctly TARDIS are made of reality warping math.
>>
>>45319733
That's because the Ray Sphere radiation awoke powers in people who had the Conduit Gene. And apparently the planetary EMP killed the active ones and gave other people with the gene the ability to manifest powers in stressful situations.

So shouldn't it be possible to transfer the genetic component in a more complete manner than the other examples and then activate the powers?
>>
>>45319924
>I was thinking less 'get tech data' and more stuff like a Xeelee Star Breaker which is a device small enough to be hand held that as it's name implies breaks stars.

Yeah, I don't know how that would work out. They'd be under the Ban, in-jump, outside of it I guess it would depend - if it needs crazy energy to work, it's not so bad. If it's some physics hax, it could be energetic or some Ice-9 bullshit.

Ice-9 would be a bad idea.

Actually, it might be insanely dangerous to just pull it out - you probably won't know how the magic will interpret it or the energy cost to make it if you don't have any level of understanding of it.

Leaving the ban in place - or perhaps making it adjust to you, "nothing more advanced than you are already capable of creating" - is probably the best option. It can be a post-spark option to unlock it.

Otherwise, more extensive notes about what might happen and that magical experimentation with Libriomancy is insanely dangerous would be needed.
>>
>>45319924
>TARDISes are made of reality warping math

Oh shit, I remember that now but not in the context of building/birthing TARDISes. It makes about as much sense as anything related to TARDISes though.

>>45319950
Maybe?

We're heading deep into fanwank territory here. "Apparently" isn't a very solid basis to found a science project on when the burst was supposed to kill everyone with the Conduit gene; there was a cutscene about how potential conduit children/babies were wiped out too, meaning there shouldn't have been any surviving humans left with the ability. On the balance of probabilities it seems to me the answer remains unclear.

As for transfering the genetic component-there's a built by Bertrand that Cole uses to take powers from Kuo or Nyx. This is a very big maybe, though. Especially if you're looking into "full Conduit powers".

>>45319898
Is there any kind of limit on affecting limits for other magic systems?

"Pride and Prejudice 2: Get Your True Magic Here Boogaloo"

"Dante's Guide To Abolishing Vancian Time Limits on D&D Casting"

"Touma Hates Him! Find Out How This Magician Got Rid Of All The Downsides Of Imagine Breaker While Keeping The Benefits!"
>>
>>45320045
>duplicating protag bullshit loopholes in magic
Oh god why.
>>
>>45320006
Eh. The fact that we'd have to go thisin-depth to set arbitrary limits on what it can do just tells me the whole thing would work better as a standalone CYOA than a regular jump to prevent people from giving entirely civilisations Xeelee Star Breakers after spending most of Civ Jump practicing.
>>
>>45320045
>Is there any kind of limit on affecting limits for other magic systems?
>"Pride and Prejudice 2: Get Your True Magic Here Boogaloo"
>"Dante's Guide To Abolishing Vancian Time Limits on D&D Casting"
>"Touma Hates Him! Find Out How This Magician Got Rid Of All The Downsides Of Imagine Breaker While Keeping The Benefits!"

I have no idea.

Personally I'd say it probably just doesn't work, or it only works with other items from a book that think they use the same system, or it takes exactly as much power and energy as it would if you did it with that system (i.e. you have no idea - and they're generally black box effects), or they're nonfunctional because they're made of Libriomancy but think they're made of Other System.

Still, that's what experimentation is for. I'm pretty sure Gutenberg did something like it to hack his way into being more powerful than even the sorcerous elite, but it clearly wasn't an infinite loop of magical gains.

In the end it comes down to "maybe it works - what would be interesting for me?".
>>
>>45319633
>Wait-TARDISes are made of coral? I thought they were weird eldritch hyperdimensional lifeforms
They are.
They're also made of coral. Or the Gallifreyan equivalent. Coral is alive, you know.
>>
>>45320045
>there was a cutscene about how potential conduit children/babies were wiped out too
Was there? I vaguely remember that, but I haven't played 2 in a long time.

I remember reading a theory somewhere that only a certain type of unactivated Conduit survived, because all of the currently living ones have an ability that relates to the absorption and manipulation of matter and energy, where before there were conduits with more varied abilities (Bertand, Alden, etc.).
>>
>>45320150
As I've mentioned earlier, I've never read the books so I may be a little biased simply because of the premise of "turn anything you write real" seeming very, very broken. I haven't heard anything to really dissuade me of that notion though, especially when the answer to this particular line of inquiry boils down to nobody knowing enough.

Oh, god. Write up Index's Grungnir. Then write a copy of "How to be a Majin 101". Boom. Literal I Win button.

What's the most impressive feat anyone pulled off with this stuff in-universe?

>>45320199
Yep. Ending cutscene.

>I remember reading a theory

Never trust theories. There were also theories the Riddler would be the main villain in TDKR before it came out.
>>
>>45320252
Not taking the theory as WoG or anything. Just thought it was interesting.
>>
>>45320093

Eh, perhaps. Libriomancy needed lots of caveats and limits in place in the series itself just to stop it being crazy as all fuck.

I think as long as there's a good explanation of how it works, the usual limits and that you cannot escape the energy costs or side-effects, then it would come back down to interpretation.

From the FR jump, for the easiest example, you can *technically* get free wishes and use those to get unlimited quickened wishes. You could even go back in time and learn 10th-12th level spells, and without Mystra around to enforce her ban, argue somewhat reasonably that you should be able to cast them.

I think it's actually kind of interesting - what if you did try to pull out a star killer?

Would it work, or wouldn't it? If you don't think it should be possible - then you can imagine testing it, grabbing the box, feeling it begin to leave the book, and then being hammered by an incredible powerdrain, feeling the words begin to move and the scene to play out, char rippling around your hand as you finally manage to pull free and release it.

Or the box comes out, but it's inert without certain local physical properties that don't actually work IRL... and you end up using it as a rather risky paperweight.

Etc.
>>
>>45320252

https://forums.spacebattles.com/posts/13330064/

A bit of a better explanation of the limits is there.

The best feat, was probably pulling the Holy Grail out of the bible, with all its purported powers circa 1400 intact, which Gutenberg used to become some kind of immortal without losing his magic.

He also made anti-magic teleporting golems made of words and angels. Been a while since I've read it actually.

The least impressive feat:
In Unbound, the Porters release a fake Harry Potter sequel, thinking millions of people will read it and thus give power to the artifact they wrote about to use against the Big Bad. What actually happens is that people scream fake on the internet and are too busy arguing to actually finish the book.
>>
>>45320284
Y'know, when you put it like that-at the very least it is an interesting thought experiment. These things are all magical constructs, right? If you have magic contingent on certain locations would more advanced ones only work if you cast them on a Type-Moon Territory? Would they just sort of all apart from ambient magic energy currents if you tried bringing them into the Warp or the Hedge?

Or for that matter, what happens when you put a libriomancy created item that cancels magic into an anti-magic field?

For that matter, writing a Holy Grail would be interesting since the reality where the Root is has been locked off, and the cup depends on the Root to grant wishes IIRC. At best, you get a shiny up. At worst, you get a magic artifact that tries to tunnel up to the ultimate source of existence in a given setting-which depending on where you are could seriously annoy Ao, give Tenchi an inexplicable sense of being watched or just return to you a 404 error because you're living in a mundane setting.

Or-a fragment of a Big Bang. So yes, a risky paperwait.

As for wishes-my only consolation there is, IIRC, wishing for anything more ambitious than a select list opens the wisher to unforeseen consequences on the level of GM fiat. Given the benefactor is at least nigh-omnipotent, bored and therefore the closest thing to there being a cosmic GM, the risk-reward ratio here seems too great to stake your life on.
>>
>>45320433
Doesn't type moon magic get weaker the more people know about it?
>>
>>45320477
Maybe. It's not gone into much detail, it's just something a few paranoid mages of the Clocktower are superstitious about.

If it does, it's only modern magecraft. HSDW and other Age of the Gods-era more or less run on divine bullshit, and True Magics are essentially cheat codes to reality.
>>
>>45320427
This just raised another issue. It trivialises the Gear section of many jumps. If you can just pull out, say, a Neutrino 2000 out of Artemis Fowl, an Apple of Life out of Narnia, or a Time Turner out of Harry Potter, why bother even buying them with CP in the first place when you can just visit this jump to get them all for free?
>>
>>45320477
>>45320502

From what I remember it's less 'knowing about it' and more 'knowing how it works and/or using it'.

Meanwhile paradoxically most magic foundations are connected to belief systems.

Basically to use an analogy magecraft is like a forum, and the decline is lag and nobody knowing how to update things.
>>
>>45320526
Precisely, there isn't a reason. Hence why I'm against it being made a jump even with energy limits against the Banana of Absolute Hyperdeath in place, and taking into account how charring makes books degrade after usage; you can always write a new one after all.

>>45320539
That sounds about right although from what I recall I don't think the thing about more people knowing how to use it was ever definitely confirmed or denied, just speculated about.

The existence of the Church does seem to count as evidence against it, though.
>>
>>45320526

Indeed, and it is an issue.

At the very least, you can't - I think - get away from the permanent magic drain and mental side-effects of overuse. So you'd probably have a few things - the Book of Swords items in the spacebattles link above would be a good starter set - and otherwise not rely on it too much.

Many CP items are improved over their canon versions of course, though not always - and if so then in-jump you can usually acquire whatever you want anyway. Any created item would also be vulnerable to antimagic.

>>45320561

IIRC, charring hits *every* copy of the book. It's basically a unique Sympathetic Magic trick - it's also why you can't make a giant copy of a book to pull out a tank.
>>
>>45320593
>permanent magic drain

Sorry - that came out wrong. It's a constant chunk of your magic being bound up in the item for as long as it exists.
>>
>>45320593
The thought occurs the mental side effects could easily be circumnavigated by jumping origins where the species doesn't have a brain to be hurt by. The bit about magic being bound up is, I admit, a point in its' favor though.

Of course there's nothing stopping you from writing many, many different books about the same topic. It does make the process a lot more time consuming though.
>>
>>45319832
In the book a wizard made a fake new harry potter book with which he planned on pulling a mcguffin called the goblin staff out of. It was a magic item that would have destroyed all magic ever.

It was accepted in book that this thing would totally have worked.
>>
File: God hitler.jpg (171 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
God hitler.jpg
171 KB, 800x600
How could you replicate God Anime Hitler?

I was thinking that being a Hellsing's True Vampire with Dark Binding would be a great start, but I think I still missing some heavy conceptual attack bullshit.
>>
>>45320782
Give him fma alchemy for some terrain altering, maybe biokinesis for bodymods, and mario world painting to make his own worlds.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
Speaking of mystical books: If you're out there Clover, a few more questions about Fallen London occur:

Suppose you were to reverse engineer the Truthbreaker Turbine. Exactly how good an Enigma would you need for it to count as Searing to be fed inton the machine-or would you say it only works for the specific Enigmas uncovered from the Forgotten Quarters? For that matter, how does one quantify Sudden Insights for the machine; is it just a measure of difficulty for your intelligence?

And assuming you pull it off-what can you use Impossible Theorems for? According to the wiki you will eventually be able to colonise Parabola with them somehow, but what do they actually do?

Also, just to confirm: The Liberation of Night appears to work through gathering a lot of Ray-Drenched Cinders and detonating them all at once, right? It's more or less a bomb made of eldritch radiations that can disrupt the unnatural lifeforce of the Bazaar and Mountain right?

How does one forge weapons enchanted with "active" Wax-Wind apart from earning them in games of PVP (also known as Knife-and-Candle)?

>>45320782
Head to Akagi. Acquire supernatural mahjong skill.
>>
File: 1453417456275.gif (2 MB, 540x230) Image search: [Google]
1453417456275.gif
2 MB, 540x230
>>45320782
> How could you replicate God Anime Hitler?
>>
File: Super hitler.jpg (202 KB, 674x1041) Image search: [Google]
Super hitler.jpg
202 KB, 674x1041
>>45320870
I've got the certain death attacks, but I'm still lacking the unavoidable attack.

For the reference: http://fictionalcharacterbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Reinhard_Heydrich

>>45321012
Would that be enough to reveal the hidden power of the Super Aryan?
>>
Why are we literally Hitler?

/jc/ have you ever been just another face in the crowd? Not the protaganist, not the antagonist; just someone living their life?
>>
File: homospacebats.png (56 KB, 632x148) Image search: [Google]
homospacebats.png
56 KB, 632x148
On the subject of Fallen London, the Feast of the Exceptional Rose aka Valentine's Day is currently under way. One of several traditions is the giving of gifts and...

Mr Iron is a grumpy Master who only likes violence, especially knife-related violence. His snow golem simulacrum appreciates it if you give him a certain kind of knife during Christmas.

The Bazaar is really, really hungry for love stories. Apparently both as actual sustenance as well as its' mission.

Make of this what you will.
>>
>>45320526
Remember, you can get most items for free by being a bloody magpie. Most items you buy from Jumps compensate for that somehow - e.g., they repair if broken, they have a special trick, or something like that.
>>
>>45321308
All the time. Not a lot a Jumps where I want to be the MC.
>>
>>45320751

And it didn't because everyone thought it was a fake book. Destroying all magical beings is also easier in principle than boosting their power.
>>
>>45321308
Do you mean "I don't try to steal the role of the protagonist," or "I don't do things worthy of being called a protagonist"? Because I rarely try to fuck with a Jump's ongoing story unless the Jump leaves me no choice (e.g., Harry Potter). On the other hand, most of the time I'm off being the hero of another story instead.
>>
>>45321339
Even bloody magpies have to regift the gear before they use it. Or paint it red.
>>
>>45321325

>using the dagger in a crime of passion is a sign of premeditation
>therefore it isn't a crime of passion
>>
>>45321361
Actually it didn't because the wizard got killed first, it doesn't matter if the book is fake hell the mc pulls glasses that translate anything from an old magazine. What matters is the amount of people reading it.
>>
>>45321346
>>45321364
What specifically do you do then? This is an underrepresented side of /jc/
>>
>>45321375
The item's actual text makes it even better

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Key-to-Heart_Dagger

>I love you, kill me
>here is the key to my heart
>you wound me

Apparently the Bazaar approves of yanderes.
>>
>>45321422
I go on my own adventures. There's generally an entire world out there, and the hero only sees a small part of it. So for Dresden Files, I didn't interact with Harry at all - instead I went on a global monster-hunting adventure, thwacking big nasties all across the world about the head and face until they agreed to place nice, and making life a little better for humanity.

Seriously, do you have any idea how LARGE the typical world is? Going by Pokemon's "expand out regions until they're actual regions" mechanic, they're a lot bigger than their media suggests. Unless there's a worldwide threat, you could spend ten years in nearly any Jump and never bump into anyone directly affected by the hero.
>>
>>45317838
>her catchphrase had changed from "I've got a headache" to "I need a drink."
I kind of want to see this version of the show. I've got no doubt that Rita drinking led to absolutely NO bad decisions about the sort of monsters she was going to throw at them.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>45321308
Oh yeah, loads of times. When the conflict is beneath our notice. When events will naturall come to a resolution we find satisfactory. When there's more interesting things to do

>>45321422
Well, in Pandora? We spent most of our time exploring the rest of the planet and talking to it, after giving the humans enough terraforming and perpetual energy to sustain their civilisation-as long as they stop trying to advance once they returned to Earth. There's a magical geas that will turn the tech they gain from us to dust if they use it to go beyond the tech limitations we mandated. But otherwise, most of that decade was spent just doing other stuff.

Likewise, we more or less spent all of HP learning about magic. Just. All of it. As hard as possible. Left the country briefly when the Death Eaters took over.

There's quite a few like Bloody Roar where we spend all the time playing a game of shadows, manipulating conspiracies for sociological research purposes without ever really meeting the heroes in person. We never technically met Sherlock Holmes; he did uncover a lot of our lairs though.

Oh, and we just kinda walked the Earth in Negima. Just rode the rails and contemplated life, hobo-style. Seemed way safer than going to Mars, at least-it was an early jump.
>>
>>45321308
>Why are we literally Hitler?
I'm not.

Why are you so worried about that that you feel the need to project all over everyone else's face?
>>
I remember seeing an item somewhere that was basically a long code that could hack any device if you input it. Can someone help?
>>
>>45321693
SCP Foundation. one of the Anomalous Items.
>>
>>45321693
Arrowverse
X axis bi numeric code
>>
>>45321308
My general rule is that I only fuck with the protagonist if he or she needs to be fucked with. Protagonists who are just stupid get sidelined or removed. Protagonists who mean well but make painful mistakes get mentoring and assistance.

If there's no world ending threat, though, and the protagonists are meh to okay? Yeah, I do my own thing. Sometimes it's a low key life. Though I have to admit the more power I get the more I like to play Benefactor myself; I give individuals, or small groups, power that they wouldn't have otherwise and help them improve their lives.

Or sometimes I just watch and see. Its interesting to see who really believes in equality and who just mouths it.
>>
>>45321714
Thank you. I think that's exactly what I thought I remembered. Pity it only works on online services, though.

>>45321726
Thanks, that works too. Better off picking that up in-jump, though.
>>
>>45321848
>Protagonists who are just stupid get sidelined or removed.
So. . . shounen protagonists?
>>
>>45321872
Depends on what he considers stupid.
>>
>>45321872
Not necessarily. You can be an idiot and still do some really great stuff. Look at Goku, who, despite his below average intellect, is a driving force for good.
>>
>>45321872
With a few notable exceptions, yes. Jojo, Fairy Tale, and maybe Gurren Lagann. Kenshin would get a pass, easily, if we had that jump. But most of the big name shounen, the mangas that go on for eternity, their protagonists are destined for the fire.

>>45321895
>>45321904
Less raw reasoning power and scholastic aptitude, more painfully shitty decision making and lack of awareness, self and otherwise.
>>
>>45321971
>Fairy Tale
Listen, if you're accepting of Natsu, I don't see why you wouldn't be accepting of people like Naruto or Ichigo.
>>
>>45321971
>>45322001
Yeah, I mean, Naruto is a dumbfuck, but the kid's morality is pretty solid for the most part.
>>
>>45322001
>>45322025
Meh, that's fair. Naruto is irritating as shit, but he doesn't belong on the pile with the likes of the protagonists of OP, Bleach, and DBZ.
>>
>>45322001
Wasn't Lucy the actual protagonist?
>>
>>45321375
Unless you buy it and it's used on you.
>>
>>45322057

Do note the Goku seems to have gotten dumber as he got older. So you might want to see if the local stuff misses accumulated brain damage if you take the Dragon Ball end jump.
>>
File: dancing aigis.gif (2 MB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
dancing aigis.gif
2 MB, 450x270
>>45322062
She's the Point of View character, the one through whose eyes we see everything - but otherwise Lucy is rarely anything approaching "relevant," never mind "the actual protagonist."
>>
>>45322057
Oi. Luffy is pretty damn insightful. He just doesn't give a shit to be serious about his every day life.
>>
>>45322101
I dunno. She's gotten a fair bit more relevant nowadays, what with her being the reason why people got out of the walls of Tartarus, and the whole history of her family.
>>
>>45322057
I can't speak about Luffy or Ichigo, but you're going a tad hard on Goku. He's literally brain damaged and a pure-blooded Saiyan, so learning anything that doesn't relate to combat is out of the cards. The bigger problem is that he always sees the best of his enemies due to how pure he is, but for the most part, he doesn't have Therapy/Talk no Jutsu to convert people to his side.
>>
>>45322057
Why single out Ichigo of all people? From what I remember he's actually fairly intelligent compared to most shounen protagonists.
>>
>>45322169
People tend to conflate "A clusterfuck of stupid ideas." and "Bad writing." with "Bad person."
>>
>>45322162
Hey, he's 3 for 5, I think that Goku did a pretty damn good job of converting major villains.
>>
File: witnessed.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>45322152
Good point.
>>
>>45322203
Let's see. Piccolo was because of Gohan, Vegeta was just being himself and "Sayan pride!", Frieza wasn't converted, Cell wasn't converted, and Fat Buu was a good guy all along.
>>
>>45322246
>Fat Buu
Nah, he wasn't a good guy, he just wasn't initially willfully malicious. He still killed people, he just didn't think much of it or go out of his way.

On the other hand, it was Mr. Satan who redeemed Buu, not Goku.
>>
>>45322246
>>45322265
Their point wasn't about him personally converting them, but seeing that they COULD change.
>>
>>45322203
>>45322295
>a pretty damn good job of converting major villains.
>converting major villains.
>converting
>>
>>45322357
Oh I was refering to>>45322162
since the first part of his post does refute that, yall are right on the second part though.
>>
>>45322203
>>45322246
>>45322265
>>45322295

To be fair a lot of the early Dragon Ball characters were basically villians that turned good after meeting Goku and Bulma (and later maybe Krillian).
The list of former villains includes Oolong (the pig), Yamcha, Puar(the cat), Tien, Chotzu, and maybe a few others I forgot.

Yet oddly Kid Goku seemed a lot more violent as well.
>>
>>45322474
That makes me wonder if 17 and 18 ever met big brother Eighter.
>>
How radical are you?
>>
For Monstrous Biology in Gun. Court, do you have to determine the nature of your biology when you select the perk or can you shift it around as needed?
>>
>>45323176
On selection.
>>
>>45323202
The writeup says the more aspects you take, the less powerful they are. If you took multiple aspects from a single creature would you still get that same minimized effect?
>>
>>45323260
It should be whatever is beyond the normal for the creature, but the base physical form should be fine, like a human body, the cost and splitup downgrade comes if you try and add more supernatural aspects to your biology, and if you don't take anything I assume it would just be a general boost across everything.
>>
File: Antispiralelectronica.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralelectronica.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
...slight change of plans re: Chrono Trigger. Probably safer to have a time machine around to deal with time anomalies right off the bat.

Drawbacks: Crimson Echoes, But The Future Refused To Change (1600)

Enlightened One, Age 20, Genius (1450)

Home Era: Antiquity

Element: Light

Ending: The Dream Project

Combination Attack (Free)
Jumper's Theme (Free)
Leave It To Me (1400)
You Repaired Me (1300)
Precision (1200)
Guru of Fate (900)
Lathe of Heaven (600)
Dreams Are For Sleepers (500)
Wings of Time (0)
>>
>>45323321
Got it. Thanks.
>>
>>45323390
Glad to help.
>>
File: goatdad.png (774 KB, 860x896) Image search: [Google]
goatdad.png
774 KB, 860x896
32. Undertale
Origin: Drop-In, Race: Monster, Age: 18
Perks: Justice, Spare (-200), Megalovania (-300)
Magic: Bullet Patterns, Motion Magic Blue (-50), Motion Magic Orange (-50), Healing Magic (-100), Magnifying Magic (-300)
Items: Echo Flower Seeds (-100). Golden Flower Seeds (-200)
Asriel Dreemurr get
Drawbacks: Anime is Real, The Taste is Indescribable (+100), Lost Souls (+200)

I'm Santa's helper. What I do is go around and meet everyone so I can learn what presents they want, and do my best to befriend them in the process. Even Jerry. I kept track of them by befriending them on social media, seriously, fuck jerry and his useless ass spammy posts . It took a few years to get everything just right, but the perks I picked up in Santa jump really helped. Asgore would deliver whatever I made to his people, so it seemed like Santa was always watching, and Alphys was the only one who knew. So, I make toys for everybody, and even recruited my companions to help in their manufacture. They were actually the hardest people to befriend, but that's what happens when you Know Too Much about someone and come across as slightly in love with them. It can be very offputting.

My bullet patterns were toy-themed. There were bouncing balls and toy soldiers, but my favorite was the train tracks. Orange tracks and blue trains floating around the battlefield. Or blue tracks and orange trains. I didn't really keep track. I even got a battle with Frisk, though I had to heal them with green presents a few times. I made Frisk promise to help me save the King's son, and used the cuteness perks from Generic Sugarbowl to help Chara come around. The promise was turned into a fairy pledge to help guarantee things went right.

Frisk and I saved Asriel, and he was the only present I ever gave Asgore. Asriel agreed to come with me, and the goodbyes were sad all around. He'll come back as an adult, so his parents won't have to die.
>>
File: HeavyQuinn.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2153) Image search: [Google]
HeavyQuinn.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2153
Jumpers!

What have you done when your back was against the wall? Tell me your tales of necessity and dread consequence, of fell deeds done for the narrow victory and the fallout therefrom.
>>
>>45322101
She's the secondary protagonist, along with Erza & Grey. They're the ones that have had most power boosts, most history shown, and where the spot light shines most the time. Grey is the balance to Natsu, and Erza is the balance to Lucy. Happy is there as well, but he's the joke character.
>>
>>45323541
That's Harley Quinn? When did she get jacked?
>>
>>45323607
Comics Harley is trash and should be disregarded.
>>
>>45323607
A little digging mentioned something about Venom.
I'm not familiar with any comic books though.
>>
>>45323612
Really? She was GOAT in the DCAU.
>>
>>45323681
Not him, but the operative word here is "DCAU" because she played her role just fine in the animated series.

I haven't even read the comics but apparently they're tying to revamp Harley as this edgy red and blue psycho for some reason.
>>
>>45323681
comicbook writers can't handle her right, same as Mr. Freeze.
>>
>>45323753
Never read many comics with him in it. What's the problem?
>>
>>45323753
So, two of the best things to come out of the DCAU get fucked up horribly by DC's comics writers.

Way to go guys.

>Mr. Freeze
Has anyone tried to help that guy out? He's sympathetic as all hell, and it seems like a mid-late jumper should be able to fix him up easy-peasy.
>>
>>45323753

Why was the last time western comics did anything right?
>>
>>45323841
Late 90's and early 00's. Civil War deserves the hype it gets and JMS's Rising Stars was fantastic.

Lock and Key was good, too, but that was a good 7 or 8 years ago that I read that and I don't know if its still running.
>>
>>45323841
2006, when Lucifer ended
>>
>>45323867
>Late 90's and early 00's

Western comics more or less peaked at The Sandman.
>>
>>45323824
They made him a random crazy stalker who Nora never even knew.
>>
>>45323837
I would have, but I didn't go to the DCAU.

Maybe if there's a Batman Beyond jump, it's a bit late to fix everything but I could help him move on.
>>
I'm curious: anyone ever discussed a Young Justice junp?
>>
>>45323896
Some good stuff came out after that, but I can pretty much agree that The Sandman is the high water mark for western comics.
>>
>>45323607
>>45323672
I think that Harley is from an Elseworlds story where she got hooked on Venom. Venom being the super-steroid Bane uses to go from jacked mexican to superhuman.
>>
>>45324246
How addictive is Venom?
Would a single dose get you hooked?
Also what are the downsides?
>>
>>45324414
It would be very painful.
>>
>>45319950
>Ray Sphere radiation awoke powers in people who had the Conduit Gene. And apparently the planetary EMP killed the active ones

Does this mean Jumpers who've done Conduit can be OHKO'd via similar methods?
>>
>>45323541
So I Occasionally Interpret things so that if I take an enemy as a drawback. They are at least comparable in power to me. so I've got the brides of Dracula chasing me down, and One of them is about to bite me, LoT trapped by vampire ladies ,LoT. Long story short, there A crater instead of Transylvania in Van Helsing Now, first time I ever used One of my " you do not lose the chain If you die" perks, Some nights I still wake up Screaming to Guilt fueled nightmares of the ashes.
>>
>>45324414
>How addictive is Venom?
Yes

>Would a single dose get you hooked?
YES

>Also what are the downsides?
You turn into a thoughtless rage monster. The only person who has kept any form of rational thought while using it has been Bane. Everyone else who takes it turns into the Hulk on the rag.
>>
>>45324459
Did I mention that this is the first two times I used those perks? . Yeah , had to bust up the cloud cover And all structures so that they,Dracula and vampire me would get hit by the rays of the sun.
>>
>>45324450
It's a type of radiation that killed every active Conduit with the gene. You're unlikely to run into that specific problem outside of the Jump, but similar things could happen whether you're a Conduit or not. Can't hurt to have a counter to it.
>>
>>45324488
Iirc even Bans sometimes does. And the boost isn't even that impressive anyway.
>>
>>45324450
Depends on how long they've been jumping. Nobody knows what the blazes a Ray Sphere EMP would do against a vampire, or a dragon, or a shoggoth. Or for that matter someone with stupid durability/regen or conceptual regeneration defences like Avalon.

It certainly wouldnt' do jack shit to someone who's modified their base form to the point of having no genes to zap.
>>
File: [evil].gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
[evil].gif
1 MB, 540x540
Progress report!

>Will probably have most Eldar Jump drawbacks ready for preview tonight, but you can have the first sentence of one right now!
>Toying Around [+0] – Perhaps you believed this was a game of some sort? O Child of Asuryan, O scion of the Craftworld, O once and future master of the galaxy, I am happy to oblige.
>STILL having issues with wargear, throwing prices on where I can, debating folding all the Aspect Wargear into a single purchase for Aspect Warriors (you'd get the gear for your Aspect) to save space and save myself headaches - however, this would leave fewer explanations of what the Wargear /does/ and I'm not so sure you want that.

>Tempted to do a Fairy Tail update and just set the start time earlier so it ends after the Tartaros arc, because honestly this is getting nuts and it doesn't look like the manga will E.N.D. anytime soon.
>On that note, tempted to add a +600 Acnologia Hates You Drawback
>Also, Maguilty Sense for S-Class Table? Maybe even A-Class?

>Waiting for Bravely Second to reach NA
>>
>>45319950
>Ray Sphere radiation awoke powers in people who had the Conduit Gene. And apparently the planetary EMP killed the active ones

Does this mean Jumpers who've done Conduit can be OHKO'd via similar methods?
>>
>>45324488
>The only person who has kept any form of rational thought while using it has been Bane

Is this like Captain America and his shield, or is it just because everyone who isn't an idiot is either smart enough to give it a wide berth or powerful enough in their own right to not need it?

>>45324547
Godsdammit Eldrad. Continuity drawback with LoT, perhaps? It'd just be like the elfy dick to remember your face from that time you were powerless and human
>>
>>45324547
>Eldar Jump
I am so excited for this. Thank you for working on it.
>>
>>45324569
Oh, no, Eldrad and continuity are separate Drawbacks from this.

Continuity will also render Imperium and Commoragh canon if you've been there, for one thing.
>>
>>45324569
>everyone who isn't an idiot is either smart enough to give it a wide berth or powerful enough in their own right to not need it?
There's something to be said for that.

However, if I remember right even regular folks when injected with it go full RAEG. Like said, Bane is the only one who has been able to get the buff and keep his senses. Also, see: >>45324523
>>
>>45324583
Technically speaking, I didn't start this - I just picked it up when it was dropped and quickly found that I've had uneven levels of productivity on it. Some days I can expand it and Age of Empires III DLC/Scenario with ease, other days I can barely see the point.
>>
What are some patrons you guys picked for the DF Job Offer after the jump?

I went with Amaterasu from Okami for the rest of my chain. I just like brush techniques and she's not a douchebag so yeah.
>>
>>45324598
>spoiler
Oh. Huh.

Why, WHY, WHY DID I TAKE LOVE CAN BLOOM? WHY DID I MAX OUT THOSE DRAWBACKS? DAAAAAAMNITTTTTTT.
>>
>>45324674
>spoiler
Because you are a masochist anon.
>>
>>45324639
I know you just picked up the ball, but I needed an Eldar jump for completion sake.

The funny thing is, outside of /jc/ I'm not a big 40k fan. I've tried reading the novels and it just didn't appeal to me, and I'm not in a position to collect the mini's right now.

But 40k has become such a huge part of my run that if I didn't have this Eldar jump it would have felt really out of place.
>>
>>45324674
>spoiler
Agreed, you went full masochist there. What'd you expect?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 320x233
>>45324547
The Wargear was my biggest headache before I gave the jump up. The fact that your gear so heavily depends on your Path. That unlike the Dark Eldar they really don't have a too wide assortment of gear goodies.

If you want my advice. Put it all as a single item "Wargear", make the first one free related to your Aspect. Discounted for every purchase after. I would put It at 400cp, so you can cover the base of it not being too expensive for non-aspects Warriors & it being too cheap for Aspect Warriors.

Considering you get decent armor, a good weapon, and maybe other gear depending on the Aspect. Which is pretty good for 400cp.
>>
>>45324691
>>45324728
I-I didn't even need the points, it just made sense for the narrative.

That fucking build and storyline is going to be so fucked.
>>
>>45324764
Huh. Thanks!

>>45324720
Funny you should mention minis. Have you ever wondered what it's like to be 28 milimeters tall?
>>
>>45324793
Again you are a masochist.
>>
>>45324827
I swear I just wanted to tell a good story!
>>
>>45324793
So who was the object of your affection?

Was it a Tau? An Eldar?
>>
>>45324849
A Tyranid most likely.
>>
>>45324840
We get it, you're a masochist.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.