[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAGIC: The Gathering Standard General. B/W life gain edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 17
File: 151.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
What decks are you building? What do you think the meta will look like now that Oath of the Gatewatch is in play? What's your favorite card out of the new set?
>>
File: 161196-Strobe-Slasher-02[1].jpg (334 KB, 1200x1634) Image search: [Google]
161196-Strobe-Slasher-02[1].jpg
334 KB, 1200x1634
>>45051802

Okay so I got this idea for a deck based around Eldrazi Displacer and similar re-enter enablers.
The only other decks I've found with Displacer has been that stupid infinite combo so this is 100% homebrewed at the moment.

Could I get some comments/suggestions? Keep in mind this is a budget deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blinking-2/
>>
>>45052524
You could probably do some interesting combat tricks with some of the ally cards. Blinking lantern scout can turn your dudes into lifelinkers, and that one kor can make your dudes first strikers
>>
Im currently working on a eldrazi midrange deck, full playset of strangler, sifter, though-not, and reality smasher. Also lots of control options main decked and in the sideboard.

Cureently playtesting and making frequent changes, but pro players with similar lists seem to really enjoy bearer of silence. Im thinking about mainboarding 2, and maybe putting 1 or 2 more in the SB against oujitai or eldrazi ramp decks.
>>
>>45052524
>Stupid infinite combo
Fuck you too sempai.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-eldrabzan-combo/
>>
How do I go about selling cards? My friend took me to the last prerelease and I only play online, and I just noticed that the Kozilek's Return I purchased is worth like 20 dollars.
>>
>>45053310
I'm in a similar issue. I'm thinking of just trying out selling on eBay but I've had some shit experiences with the post and have had things get lost.
>>
File: 20160125_190310.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160125_190310.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Rub my roast, Anon.
>>
>>45053454
You may sell it to your LGS, which will get less value back but it is much safer than eBay especially pricey cards.
>>
>>45052524
Or you can just blink Meme Rhinos over and over.
>>
>>45051802
>Building
B/W Lifegain Allies precisely.

>Future of Standard
Both BW Lifegain and Eldrazi Ramp will get big after Standard rotates and SoI comes, maybe a vampire tribal deck will pop up too, there were a lot of good ones in this block and there will certainly be more in SoI.

Also graveyard interaction. With possible mechanics such as Undying, Morbid and the fact that Rot Shambler, Zulaport Cutthroat, Baloth Null, Altar's Reap and Vampiric Rites exist might lead to a fairly powerful B/G deck that could do well against Eldrazi Ramp if removal like Tragic Slip is reprinted. Also there might be an Abzan variant using stuff like Cliffhaven Vampire, Drana's emissary and the like. Reunited Company will see a lot of use in it since creatures will be fairly cheap.

Finally I predict an R/B burn deck could appear, focused on playing dem Burn spells and then reuse them by casting Inverter of Truth as a wincon. Maybe there'll be some blue in it for extra draw, but I don't think so since black has nice draw in Read the Bones.

>Favorite OGW card
Probably Matter Reshaper, though I also really like Deceiver of Form and Inverter of Truth, I think they are cool and pretty innovative.
>>
>>45054232

But where's the blue in that?

Blue being synonymous with fun as we all know.
>>
>>45054419
Also, Landecks might become a thing.

They'll run Noyan Dalar, Wall of resurgence, Cyclone Sire, an assortment of Awaken Instants and Sorceries (including powerful wipes such as Planar Outburst), Surge spells such as Containment Membrane to create elementals and then support with stuff such as Relief Captain, Halimar Tidecaller, Steppe Glider, Relief Captain + Eldrazi Displacer and etc.

They'll probably splash for Green to play spells that allow them to play as many lands as possible with Blighted Woodland, Swell of Growth, Explossive Vegetation and the like, which they'll combine with Landfall triggers of powerful creatures like Undergrowth Champion and Embodiment of Insight that also have a good synergy with the rest of the deck. The Manlands could be real stars in here too.

All in all it'll be decent, probably a tier 2 deck that you'll see memeisters play. Won't make a ProTour though.
>>
I still have this idea for using Eldrazi Scions, Stone Haven Outfitter, and 1mana equips like Ghost blade and Bone Saw. Sac token, draw, equip token, sac token, draw, ect. I have no idea how to go about doing it, though.
>>
>>45054419
>reuse them by casting Inverter of Truth as a wincon
seems risky desu with eldrazi displacer meme decks running around
>>
In the last thread I posted a blue/black eldrazi ingest deck I was putting together, but decided the ramp wasn't doing me anything. I stream-lined the deck somewhat but still want opinions.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldrazi-ingest-blackblue/?cat=type

I've got a kozilek's return, 3 matter reshapers, an oblivion sower, 2 deciever of forms, and a silence bearer I'm gonna sell to my LGS soon, so I might go for 2-3 more thought-knot seers to replace the thought harvesters.
>>
Rally and U/R Prowess have turned standard into some weird Modern-esque format, but only for those two decks, everyone else plays like normal.

its very, very fucking unfun.

neither KILLS you on turn 4, but they essentially start the train of value by that point that is unavoidable, unless I want to play either of those decks, or Ramp, i'm just shit outa luck.

New-4 Color Rally may be the strongest deck in standard since Mono-B.
>>
>>45057922
Maybe, it'll definitely depend on just how big Displacer becomes in Standard, but it could be viable.

A 6/6 flier on T4 is a very powerful play, specially if by that time you have a couple spells in your graveyard. You could easily end games in a single turn.

I think Inverter might be actually better in extended or Modern even.
>>
>>45060091
son, no one's going to play it for its stats in modern.
>>
>>45060192
Of course not, they'll use it for the graveyard effect.

I'm imagining a Modern deck would work like this:

>T1: Mountain, Bolt
>T2: Swamp, Bolt
>T3: Mountain, Forked Bolt, Monastery Seiftspear
>T4: Swamp, Inverter of truth

From there onwards you go to town easily.
>>
>>45060040
I'd really like to work with U/R once Khans rotates out, Stormchaser Mage is pretty awesome and the new Surge mechanic seems like it could be excellent for triggering Prowess multiple times in a row. Plus, Rebound will still be in the format after SoI and it could lead to VERY interesting decks using the three mechanics to stack Prowess triggers. Specially considering how Rebound basically means free Surge.
>>
>>45062200
Nevermind, there are no decent Rebound cards in Standard.

>Artful Maneuver
>Center Soul
>Ojutai's Breath
>Sight Beyond Sight
>Taigam's Strike

Guess you could splash for White, since only the first two of those five are actually usable, but hey, there's Distortion Strike, Prey's Revenge and Emerge Unscathed from Rise of the Eldrazi, so the deck might be a thing in some other format.
>>
>>45054419
>BG Graveyard interaction
There's also Exploit to work with, if that was ever relevant.

Guess extra draw in Vulturous Aven could be nice?

... Qarsi Sadist?, Minister of Pain?, Raksasha Gravecaller?, Sidisi?...

... Maybe?
>>
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but are there any cards across all generations of mtg that slowly wear away at the opponent every turn? Like a poison that takes away just a couple of health every turn but is hard to avoid/mitigate?

I kind of want to build a deck based around the idea that Pestilence is playing and wants to really wear away at the opponent over time.
>>
>>45063190
Also look into:
>creatures that can tap for 1 damage like Goblin Fireslinger or even better Zhur-Taa Druid if you want to produce G
>anything that multiplies damage such as Quest for Pure Flame and Curse of Bloodletting
>maybe even comboing Contaminated Ground with land destruction
>>
File: 138.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>45063190
Forgot pic.
>>
>>45063190
8rack generally has hard to avoid damage. Either that or some form of wheels deck. Liliana's Caress or Megrim and Burning Inquiry make fun.
>>
gonna play me some jeskai ascendancy with mentors and bushwhackers and new cantrip bullshit. should be some intredasting games
>>
KMC Hyper mattes or Dragon Shield Mattes?
>>
>>45065188
Ultra Pro Mattes.
>>
>>45065188
I'd really only suggest those for like modern or edh

Ultra pro matte should be fine for standard

I haven't tried any kmc sleeves other than perfect fit
>>
>>45063694
>>45063709
idk why but im a little surprised these cards are red and not black
>>
Would now be a good time to get into MTGO and start drafting?
>>
>>45068891
no. you should never use mtgo for any reason.
>>
>>45069219
In the half hour I rethought my decision and I won't be investing into it.
>>
>>45053289
Why no siege rhino?
>>
>>45051802
>Building
Already built a budget blue standard,
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-01-16-ixl-mono-blue-control/

Considering running america control when funds become available.

>Meta?

Anything blue will probably SB horribly awry, MVP against the meme rhino.
Mostly like burn/midrange decks will be the majority of decks.

>New Fav?
Crush of tentacles hits me right in the Timmy.
>>
URb Prowess; it'll be a lot cheaper; Jori En.

On a side note, does anyone else here double sleeve their standard decks?
>>
>>45064148
8rack is fuckin fun
>>
>>45069555
I might. I've double sleeved all my edh decks but that's because there's a few foils in those decks. It's become habit at this point
>>
File: 20160127_173624.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160127_173624.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Got this yesterday. Mucked about with some guys at lunch and Red-White is feeling really good with her.

What do y'all think of her?
>>
>>45070478

The only 'good' chandra, still a heavycost for red but can be useful.
>>
File: Sylvan Advocate_OGW.jpg (55 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Sylvan Advocate_OGW.jpg
55 KB, 312x445
Does anyone else think Sylvan advocate will boost up abzan aggro?
>>
>>45063694
>Those cards
>In Standard
Srry m8. Mite be kool for a Modern / Extended deck tho.
>>
>>45070593
I think it'll work better on Bant midrange / control. Its a really good card on stats alone, but it'll be much more popular on Awaken decks with mana accel and in combo with Halimar Tidecaller, Embodiment of Insight and Noyan Dar.

How would it be used in Abzan Aggro?, I can't imagine it making sufficient use of land creatures to justify running Advocate.
>>
>>45071211
Not that guy but it's a 2/3 vigilance for 1g, which is threatening enough to keep up pressure and can block anything that isn't a Swiftspear. By the time you hit lands it's an efficient threat on par with Goyf.
Acceptable early, good mid-late, might be run as a 2-3 of. I can't see it being run as a 4x in an aggro list as they appear currently.
>>
>>45062200
You lose your amazing one drop in Swiftspear. Seems bad for a prowess themed deck.
>>
Anyone here tried buying one of those random assortment of cards on Amazon. I imagine the cards worth real money are filtered out but anything interesting otherwise?
>>
>>45070593
>only gets +2/+2 after 6 lands
>agro
>>
File: 134457515026.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
134457515026.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>playing jeskai tokens with the new cantrips and bushwhackers

DIS GON B GUD
>>
>>45071627
Yeah, it actually might see modern play.
>>
>>45072263
I hope it does I've got a dozen copies.
>>
http://deckstats.net/deck-8980477-4d2c27cc9254fe4890c9a7b26b0f249f.html
Help.
>>
>>45071032
It's a good thing he wasn't asking for cards in Standard then.
>>
>>45070593

it's a mindrange tool.
>>
hello /tg/.

i played mtg when i was a kid and had fun, then quit because money.
recently i got interested in online card games and found out that mtg is still a couple of light years ahead in complexity, card number and strategy than other online card games.
i watched players playing cube phantom drafts on the MTG online client on twitchTV and i think i might have fun for an eternity playing that, even without ever touching constructed formats.

how much do the jews want from me for playing those drafts?
>>
>>45072930
Plenty, you can be sure of that.

Take account that a normal, 6 boosters draft is 20.5€ on everyone and you can see just how taxing would be to do it on a regular basis. I don't know how much playing cube draft is, but yeah, its gonna cost ya'.
>>
>>45073857
ouch. still it would be cheaper than drugs, cinema or buying a prostitute, but holy hell.
>>
>>45070593

It's already seeing play in Aggro. As a 2 drop it falls somewhere between the 'balls to the wall aggro' of Snapping Gnarlid and the 'grind you out' factor of Hangarback Walker. Early on it's not too impressive, but will provide some additional percentage points against Atarka Red, where this thing gets good is in the late game (obviously) as it's a better top deck than something like Gnarlid, and conveniently if you are at six mana you can cast him and still have enough mana to activate a manland.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-01-16-KuZ-jund/

After after a couple of weeks of tweaking this i'm fairly satisfied with this build. Magmatic insight is great after drawing so many lands with painful truths. Worried about lifegain but feed the clan is around for a little longer.
>>
>>45068578
Everything was a bit black in Innistrad.
>>
>>45075183
And once you go black, your risk of contracting HIV rises considerably
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 200x285
>What decks are you building?
I've built Abzan Company, 4C Rally, and Esper Dragons.
What do you think the meta will look like now that Oath of the Gatewatch is in play?
For a while, things will remain pretty much the same. Professionals will test 1's and 2's here and there, but the decks are out there and we shouldn't be surprised. I spoke with Caleb Scherer about U/R Prowess. They're working out some kinks with the deck, so expect to see more of it (just refined).
>What's your favorite card out of the new set?
Hard to say. Sylvan Advocate is a great card, Flaying Tendrils is sweet because it gives Esper a better Drown in Sorrow. Kozilek's Return can be crazy good. But, I'd have to say Matter Reshaper is the most busted card in the set. It's incredibly good, not Vryn's Prodigy good, but it's up there.

I've got two byes going into GP Houston (Channel Fireball). Right now it looks like I'll be playing Esper Dragons. It is without a doubt the most underrated deck in the format and while it didn't necessarily gain anything from Oath, it's the prime time to start playing it. It's definitely a deck that can sweep if your competition is not ready for it at an event and best of all it runs what I consider the best two cards in Standard: Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and Dig Through Time. Just be wary of Crackling Doom on your big Dragons.
>>
File: JeskaiWeenies.png (28 KB, 614x284) Image search: [Google]
JeskaiWeenies.png
28 KB, 614x284
Update on my deck that I'm bringing to FNM, I think Myth Realized is going to be a really good addition, especially with the rise of these Virulent Plague shitlords.
>>
>>45073889
>Cheaper than drugs
Dude, I don't know you but I smoke weed like a motherfucker and I don't spend in a whole month on it what I spend in a week on Magic.

Just give up and go do heroin instead.
>>
>>45071740
A 2/3 Vigilance for G1 is still pretty good.
>>
I want to run Boros Rally in Standard, any tips?
Currently my wincon is to drop Lantern Scout, Makindi Patrol and Hero of Goma fada to attack without fear and gain so much life that I wouldn't need to worry about blocking. Munda and Gideon to provide rally every turn, center soul, make a stand and Allied Encampment to provide protection.
And Finnaly Angelic Captain to deal the finishing blow.

Usually I have a hard time dealing with heavy removal decks.
>>
R8 my deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-01-16-bant-turns/
Still need to get a few cards but this is my end plan
>>
>>45075792
>Esper Dragons
>underrated in standard

You mean the most used deck in worlds?
>>
>>45077049
If possible splash black for Kalastria Healer, which drains and gains for 1 every time you play an ally, March from the Tomb, and Zulaport Cuttrhoat.
Particularly March because it says "fuck you" to non-exile removal.
>>
>>45077153
This sounds pretty great. Mardu Allies.
Adding Drana would be very interesting as well, I'm actually running a Munda's Vanguard to provide counters to survive Languish, but 3CMC is way better than 5CMC.
>>
>>45060937
Unless somehow the 99% chance of them killing you before then has somehow beaten the 1% chance that they wouldn't. Kek.
>>
>>45051802
Building Rakdos Devoid Eldrazi whatever the fuck it's called
>>
File: unnamed (6).jpg (68 KB, 448x329) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (6).jpg
68 KB, 448x329
Which are the best U/R cards to trigger Prowess? Expedite and Slip Through Space are 10/10
>>
>>45071627
On par with Goyf................. Bahahahahaha! Soz M8. No. Goyf is only you know, more powerful in practically all games by a much earlier turn. No. Not on par with Goyf. Sorry lad
>>
>>45078297
Titan's Strength.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 216x233
1 month and some change until all these retarded ass decks all rotate out.

Then it will be time for rampdrazi
>>
>>45076994
You know who's very good too?, Ayli. I mean, 2/3 Deathtouch with two relevant abilities for just WB is very imposing no matter the format.

It makes me wanna play around with Untamed Hunger in block constructed. Deathtouch + Menace is GOAT. Iona's Blessing is also a possibility if you like durdling (like I do).

I can already imagine it, T2 summon Ayli > T3 Iona's Blessing > T4 Untamed Hunger and bam, you are sitting with a 6/6 menace deathtouch that can block two creatures. That's just savage AND outside the reach of prime removal such as Final Price or Grasp of Darkness.
>>
>>45078297
There's also Shoulder to Shoulder in case you want to play Jeskai. It + Expedite + Slip Through Space gives you tons of draw and actually does boost your creatures quite a bit.

I recommend you run cards like Center Soul, Artful Maneuver and Containment Membrane, seeing how Rebound basically means free Surge and thus extra prowess triggers and helps you saving your cantrips for exactly the right time.

Be sure to run Jori En and Goblin Dark Dwellers. Flashback on a Rebound card means it'll end in your yard after it rebounds rather than be exiled, which means you can flashback it yet again.

How would you do that?, Easy, splash anus and flicker dem goblins with Eldrazi Displacer, which not only gives you unlimited Flashback, but also is above curve, even more so if you happen to run Ruins of Oran-Rief. You can also run Sea Gate Wreckage for extra draw, seeing how you'll be playing several spells most turns.

Honestly, If you don't buy Jeskai I just might do it in your stead. It just sounds so good.
>>
>>45078825

Rebound doesn't work with flashback actually
>>
What do Q4 2016 and Q2 2016 mean on whatsinstandard . com? Can a nigga get approximate dates?
>>
>>45051802
Alright guys, I'm building a R/W Weenie pitchforks deck. Need suggestions for sideboard, currently testing with 3 possible cards for the top end of the curve and my finisher: Archangel of Tithes, Sentinal of the eternal watch, and Hero of Goma Fada.

Decklist:

Creatures

4 stonehaven outfitter
4 weapons trainer
3 kor bladewhirl
3 firemantle mage
3 Archangel of tithes OR 3 sentinal of the eternal watch OR 3 hero of goma fada

Equipment

4 bone saw
2 spidersilk net
3 captain's claws

Spells

4 firey impulse
4 exquisite firecraft
4 stasis snare
2 artful maneuver

Lands

3 battlefield forge
3 wind-scarred crag
3 needle spires
2 crumbling vestige
4 mountains
5 plains

I still don't know if tithes can work well, seeing as later in the game they'll be able to pay the tax anyway. I thought sentinal might work better in the long run, because I can just tap out whatever big threat they have on the board and try and get rid of the rest.
Hero was and idea I had... probably wouldn't work, even with Captain's Claws. I'll test it anyway.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (124 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
124 KB, 223x311
>>45079660
Sideboard this and Pathway Arrows to insert your dick on Eldrazi Ramp
>>
>>45079800
If ramp plays it's eldrazi, you've already lost.

No card in ramp loses to removal. Every big creature has a cast effect that blows you out besides thought knot, and even it has an ETB effect
>>
Always been interested in Magic, but always been scared away by the insane amount of cards, and the level of money-sinkage.

Are there any good, free, online sims? And how should I go about learning the game?
>>
File: 100235.jpg (23 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
100235.jpg
23 KB, 200x285
u/b Demonic Pact control starring Crush of Tentacles. Fun-filled interactions include casting Dark Petition at 7 mana (which is the perfect fit for a turn 4 Pact) to both find Crush and trigger surge. Downside is that the deck is slow and everyone has a bunch of main deck answers to a 8/8 token.
>>
>>45080030
I would honestly suggest one of the Duels of the Planeswalker games to start off with. If you want something completely free there's always cockatrice.
>>
>>45079929
Kozilek, Void Winnower and Oblivion Sower are removed by initiative deathtouch. Ulamog is troublesome but Aligned Hedron Network (works well in weenie) and Stasis Snare can reduce the pain to get two permanents exiled.
Ugin tho. Fuck Ugin, seriously.
>>
>>45080239
Where can I find that? All I'm finding is a site with a ton of servers fro different games, and a site with a C&D.
>>
>>45080773
http://www.woogerworks.com/index.php/client-downloads

2 seconds of google fu
>>
Building UR prowess off of the guy who placed 6th in Atlanta. Seems like a lot of fun to play, and having a tempo deck that curves out at 2 mana (save for treasure cruise) seems entertaining as hell.
>>
>>45080812
So it was the first site. Alright, just making sure. Thanks.
>>
>>45051802

Meh. That's not a bad legend, but I'd rather have Oloro and use Ayli In my deck.
>>
>>45078825
Creatures:
>Stormchaser Mage x4
>Jori En, Ruin Diver x2
>Abbot of Keral Keep x4
>Goblin Dark-Dwellers x3
>Eldrazi Displacer x3

Other Spells:
>Artful Maneuver x4
>Slip Through Space x4
>Expedite x4
>Shoulder to Shoulder x4
>Containment Membrane x4

Lands
>Sea Gate Wreckage x4
>Battlefield Forge x4
>Shivan Reef x4
>Plains x4
>Island x4
>Mountain x4

Would this work?, Its pretty cheap, quite effective and doesn't have any cards that will rotate out come SoI.
>>
>>45081089
why no titan strength?
>>
>>45081089
replace shoulder to shoulder with titan's strength.
Shoulder sucks ass.
>>
>>45051802
I forgot this board existed

I'm starting magic with a friend of mine, and getting rid of like 90% of my 3ds library at gamestop. should I take the store credit offer and buy booster packs there or take the cash and buy singles online?

I bought a 1k card pack of bulk, 300 lands, and 150 rares already, but those are all randoms to bolster my collection.

What are major differences between booster packs? it's not like yugioh where thy came out with new mechanics every three years, is it?

is there a sticky or a pastebin for newfags? that probably should have been my first question but fuck it :^)
>>
>>45081487
also I'd replace artful maneuver with some exquisite firecrafts to get some rhino removal and reach. then you can stop splashing white and make your deck more consistent.
>>
>>45081560
take cash buy single. It's the fastest way to build a good deck.
And it's exactly what you think, somewhat new mechanic every year
>>
>>45081560
Budget?
What formats does your LGS support?
By the way there are different formats. Standard is the last two sets released, Modern is 2003 onward, Legacy is all cards. Those are the major 3. Magic cards have actually decreased in power level, unlike Yu-gi-oh where it is constantly going up. New mechanics are introduced, but it isn't anything crazy like Pendulum or XYZ.
mtgtop8 allows you to view the top decks from various tournaments to help you understand what the meta looks like.
You can always play kitchen table with your friend, but I'm assuming you will go to FNMs.
>>
>>45081751
i'd set my starting budget at ~100
no local game store, just 10/20 people on my campus. no idea what their formats are
>>
>>45081869
Oh well you'll be fine. I'd build a deck that you like in your budget from singles. There's a lot of cards, but as long as you have a general idea and run with it the deck should be competent. There's also intro decks, but they just aren't as fun as a custom deck.
>>
File: full virgin.png (73 KB, 510x434) Image search: [Google]
full virgin.png
73 KB, 510x434
>>45081917
what are the chances of anything useful being in this

what sites usually have the best values for cards?
>>
>>45081952
<1% chance that anything is useful in those things you listed
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (243 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
243 KB, 1024x682
>found older bros modest magic collection
>tfw have no one to play with
>temptation to buy booster packs rising despite having no intention of going to FNM at LGS
>dont even know whats changed in magic since the 7th Edition
>just want to relive the excitement of opening up a first gen Pokemon booster pack all over again
>the smell of freshly opened cards
>the rifling through the cards for foils and rares
>the wasted years, growing older wishing for death during sleep
>>
Hey guys, I'm very new to mtg (2 games played) and I want to make just a basic, fun deck to play on occasion with my friends who are aficionados.

I'm happy for it not to be in any way competitive, I just want to make a fun muck-around deck with lots of high risk gamechanging stuff or gimmicks or whatever. Advice would be very welcome.

So far I have a casual scum tier free starter white deck, plus also I bought a red card i liked the concept of (burning of Xinye), but I don't have any red cards to support it yet.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>45077118
I think you need to check the statistics. Esper might be the most used control deck in big events, but it's far from the most used deck period.

Just won me a box with it, but I guess everyone should've known it so well by now.
>>
>>45079660
Get rid of Firemantle Mage for Chasm Guide and add some Chitanous Cloak's for menace
>>
It looks like almost all the big time ramp decks don't run more than 6 or 7 fatties. How do they deal with spells like infinite obliteration?

I lost my only games last week because some jagoff obliterated both atarka and ulamog 3 games in a row.
>>
File: jeskai tokens.png (663 KB, 1583x894) Image search: [Google]
jeskai tokens.png
663 KB, 1583x894
i almost want to run jeskai green and play rattleclaws to really fuckin' go off with ascendancy and cantrips.

i'm also hotly debating with myself whether i want to have a real sideboard or a full sphinx's tutleage package for maximum memes.
>>
>>45057831
Go W/G for scion ramp (call the scions, from beyond) and Eldrazi Displacer. Specifically with Brood Monitor. A lot of tokens at your command there
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.