[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boyz in Blue General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: TG_team_logo.png (197 KB, 600x652) Image search: [Google]
TG_team_logo.png
197 KB, 600x652
The second day of the (un)friendlies are upon us and /tg/ is up against /o/ in half an hour. Right now it's our bros /co/ vs. /vg/

>what is this
An online soccer tournament pitting the various 4chan boards against each other. Each team chooses 23 memes or bits of board culture as players, set up tactics and aesthetics, and play against each other with the AI controlling each team. Just unofficial matches today but the 2016 Winter Cup begins in a few weeks and /tg/ hopes to repeat its success and win again like in 2015
For more information check out the implyingrigged wiki

>why this thread
To get some board feedback heading into Winter. /tg/ is hoping to revamp its roster and get some more representation instead of having so many 40k players, and new ideas for kits or player models is always appreciated
So please let us know why the team sucks, why this thread is bad, and why we should all feel bad
>>
>>44959303
Where is the stream?
>>
File: tg logo.webm (1 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
tg logo.webm
1 MB, 512x512
>>44959303
Things are good. Everything is fine. There is no need to worry.

Less questshit pls.
>>
>>44959303
If we are going to add new players to our roster, I suggest Sarge from the All Guardsmen Party, he'd make a great midfielder

other than that, do we have Edgardo on the team? What about Crazy Hassan?
>>
Were those landschneckt kits ever put in?
>>
File: 1272807214849.jpg (549 KB, 1980x1350) Image search: [Google]
1272807214849.jpg
549 KB, 1980x1350
>>44960492

I second Crazy Hassan. He'd be a a solid keeper
>>
>>44959303
Stream plz?
>>
So, I was thinking if /tg/ could get a Blood Bowl rep. Maybe it's the release of BB2, or maybe relapse of GW suppsoed support, but game got quite a bit interest here and a leage was set up and concluded, with second installment approaching. So what do you think?
>>
>>44960697
You mean a progaming rep?
>>
>>44960492
Still runs into the problem of too many 40k characters. Problem is if you suggest much else people start reeing about tired memes and quests.
>>
>>44960720
Well, I honestly i wasn't really thinking who would fit, maybe just get a member from the winning team of the league or sth
>>
>>44960732
Having frequented multiple generals, there's not really much we can add from those, either, since the scope of the jokes are so goddamn limited.

'Shitty 5e Homebrew' isn't a good player name.
>>
>>44960759
I haven't been following the /tg/ league. Do we have videos of them? Jewtewbs?
>>
>>44960697
Seconding a BB reference
>>
>>44960870
I am almost sure there is a replay option on fumbbl, never used it myself. You can see stats for the league here
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view
>>
>>44960871
I think the most apt BB reference looking at the /tg/ threads would be "Lizards are OP"
>>
>>44960492
>Edgardo

Please die.
>>
>>44961204
Is he from that one long greentext story about a game that most likely doesnt exist?
>>
>>44961204
>Fuck Edgardo
>Old Man Henderson and Sir Bearington are fine tho
>>
>>44960545
Third. No objection.

As long as we have Tzeentch or a Changer of Ways on the field too.
>>
>>44961264
This.

Sir Bearington and especially Henderson definitely did not happen.
>>
>>44959303
>Bearington
>Henderson
>Too many 40K representatives
>Out of all of Magic, Jace

There's too many problems with this team. Whatever is the decision making process for picking players just isn't working.

I wouldn't be surprised if people tried to force Excuse Me and Forced Elf onto this team.
>>
/star wars general/ here. Here's some suggestions for new players:
- Kyle Katarn/Mandalore the Bearded
- >starfightersexual
- SHEEV Palpatine
- StealthPinook
>>
>>44961303
I have to agree, at least to some degree. There is just a huge discrepency between amount of reps and actual discussion about a subject. And huge amoutns of one-trick ponies, for no better name i can come upo with. One or two would be fine (i think bearington is the most well known, even outside of /tg/), but others... meh.
>>
>>44961376
SHEEV is already on /tv/, rightfully so imho.
>>
>>44961411
Okay Replace SHEEV with Baron Soontir "The People's Champion" Fel
>>
>>44961496
Well, you are not getting 4 reps anyway, that is for sure.
And speaking of which, I am really wondering - our roster currently has a LOT of reps that are references to one-time things, like Bearington and others that were already mentioned. Not that I think that is wrong per se (at least not for that reason, maybe for others), but other teams tend to lean towards references that are more relevant to current discussions. Again, not something I think is bad (if we went along with that, we would get a shitload of "Excuse me, commisar" and "Stat me - Large magical creature"), but certainly something to consider.
>>
>>44961563
Yeah I know i'm not getting all four. I'd be surprised if we got one in. Just throwing out ideas here
>>
>>44961563
Don't we HAVE Owlbear?
>>
>>44961563
Looking through, if I were to axe any of the 40k stuff, it'd probably be Cultist-Chan, and frankly I only see Crazy Hassan and DJ Phylactery brought up in reference to the 4cc team, so I question their relevance.
>>
>>44961733
I was going by the roster page, unless its out of date OR i stroked.
>>
>>44959303
If we need a new player, we must bring Auric Runeson of the new Geedubs gaydorf division
>>
>>44961790
I think I remember seeing one at some point, but idk what it's like now or when that was.

Owlbear seems like a fairly reasonable and iconic admission though.
That or Fell of Fell's Five could represent D&D.
>>
>>44961964
I was suggesting it by a metric of being brought up all the time, even if it is more or less shitposting.
>>
stream where?
>>
Jamhorn glittergold!!!!y
>>
Link please>?
>>
Question to mauled - are you ever going to remove abandoned teams from the group? Curious, nothing more.
>>
Bit of a bump; the team management has seen the discussion here.
>>
File: Supporters.jpg (798 KB, 731x991) Image search: [Google]
Supporters.jpg
798 KB, 731x991
For those of you wondering what this is or where the link to watch it is: google implying rigged. We're using the Twitch channel for these friendlies. Today's ones are over, but a bunch of the other boards will still have games on sunday.
We have another friendly next week.

For the others here:
We are indeed looking at updating the roster a bit before the Winter cup. In fact, a few of the generals have already discussed options for a rep already. If one you frequent has not, feel free to start discussion and link the resulting discussion somewhere we can find it, like the /tg/ talk page on the wiki.
If we get things in order, we'll have a poll up next weekend, when we'll be having our second friendly.

All in all, we want your suggestions for players to add/remove.
Keep in mind that we don't want an overrepresentation of one or two communities; even if the 10 most popular player ideas are all 40k, we won't have all of those on the team; only the most popular few.
Once we have these suggestions, we'll use that to set up the poll, so please send us this before next weekend.

If you want to help out the team by testing or making aesthetics, feel free to contact the management.
Contact details can be found on the contacts page on the wiki.
>>
File: Current Model.jpg (109 KB, 453x856) Image search: [Google]
Current Model.jpg
109 KB, 453x856
>>44960532
Not yet, /tg/'s run in Summer was cut a bit short and they never saw the light of day
They'll be in for Winter along with (hopefully) a lot of other alt kits

The landsknecht kits in particular are on loan to /his/ until they make their own, so you can see them next weekend
>>
>>44970450
That looks fucking awesome.
>>
File: solstrike saetos.jpg (38 KB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
solstrike saetos.jpg
38 KB, 320x218
Captain Anode (Maverick Hunter Quest)

Blacksmith's Daughter (that thread where the OP accidentally posted a hentai image)

>>44970450
>that codpiece
>>
>>44959303
maybe put in a few more planeswalkers let jace take a season or 2 off to let chandra have a go she has been seeing a lot of discusion lately

although if we are aiming to adjust the balence of 40k/not 40k maybe just add in chandra and take in somebody else

maybe look back on some former team members could bring back lelf

although unlike chandra nobody talks about lelf anymore so i guess its a poor choice.
>>
>>44961376
i feel like /tv/ has more right to the star wars stuff

or are those specific ones /tg/ memes more then general star wars memes
>>
>>44972846
>maybe look back on some former team members could bring back lelf

You're an awful person.
>>
>>44961563
i dont think excuse me would be that bad to have.
>>
>>44961745
your probably right about phylactery but i see hassan mentioned all the time
>>
>>44972942
Whenever I see that word, I'm reminded of how that shitty Valvrave anime had a character named L-Elf.
>>
>>44959303
When's the survey coming out?
>>
>Logo poll tied
I call bullshit on this.
>>
>>44972972
>>44972940
>>44972846
>>44973057
Dear guy who can't capitalize and has really terrible ideas,

Get off of /tg/. Are you twelve? You're not allowed to post here.
>>
>>44972942
>>44972846
lelf got voted out and hard last time, he's not coming back I'm afraid
but I'd totally do it if I could get away with it
>>
I seem to recall that /tg/ Chess only barely survived the roster poll last time. Maybe we could switch him out for something Game Design related or roll20 related?
>>
>>44959303
I say bring the whizard back.
>>
>>44973259
Just how thoroughly did he get voted out?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.