[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A feminist's perspective on Warhammer 40k!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB5PHxHxq-M

Ooohh boy Arch Warhammer is gonna be in big trouble

The article:

http://www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/
>>
>>44917490
>Ooohh boy Arch Warhammer is gonna be in big trouble
Let me break this down for you.
1) SJWS = Internet mob
2) GW = Internetless luddites
3) GW = Safe
4) You = In need of euthanization.
>>
>>44917490
We all know who the paying audience is anyway. If they start pushing their agenda they will simply lose the already established paying audience, people will just move to something else.

>>44917973
>easily accessible
What do you mean by this? You literally just buy the game and play it.
>>
>>44918055
Anon, you're talking to a plate of spaghetti.
>>
>>44917490
Ok.
>>
>>44917490
Your bait is stale.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/themarysue.com/type/op/
>>
>>44917490
Didn't this get posted a dozen times now?
>>
>>44918144
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/Kce8PJPtrszQ0zEx77Fahw/

>>44917973
>>
File: 1439647695541.jpg (17 KB, 211x211) Image search: [Google]
1439647695541.jpg
17 KB, 211x211
>>44917490
>GW
>giving a single shit about what feminists think
>>
>>44917490
Jesus fucking christ. I tried to watch it, but the simpleton voice of the introduction made me cringe and shiver. I can't watch it anymore.
>>
>>44918055
>We all know who the paying audience is anyway. If they start pushing their agenda they will simply lose the already established paying audience, people will just move to something else.

What many "believe" is the established paying audience is mostly just a vocal minority.
>>
>>44918159
well they might if they can figure out how to have feminists give them money

$200 lenseless resin casted problem glasses?
>>
Reason why this whole new feminism/sjw thingie sucks:

Reality/physics.
Women are simply shittier at combat. On average, sure there are a few women that would perform better than few men, but this is astronomically low percent.
Women, on average, have lesser lung capacity, lesser bone density, lesser muscle mass so whether its throwing grenades or carrying heavy machineguns or picking up wounded people and carrying them, its only reasonable to put men here.

Biology.
Women are simply far more precious then men, when it comes to birthrates. Lets say a tribe has 10 males and 10 females. Lets say you send all males in combat, and 9 dies. Big deal, 1 remaining male can still repopulate all remaining females and next generation is as numerable as if no one died.
Lets say you send 10 females and 9 die. Next generation has only ONE kid.

Now I am not going to list psychology because I am not certain about this one, but I am going to mention it. I dont know if this is something you are born with or how you were raised, so cant list it, but it just seems to me males are more suited for combat. At least in our current culture.
>>
>>44917490
I didn't watch the video, but I guess they're mad that the spess marines are all male alpha towers of meat, and that the most famous females, the Sororitas, are all bow down to the patriarchy of the emperor and the eclesiarchy. Yes?
>>
>>44918218
You make all women snipers. Bitches will love picking men one by one from a distance.
>>
>>44917490
Only things that I agree with is that the IG could use a few more female models and SoBs could use much more love from GW.

As for female spess muhreens... hell no!!! Do you have any idea how much of the fluff would have to change to accommodate female space marines? The only way to do it would be to have a complete reboot of the 40k universe.

Also, orks don't count as males even if you think they look like them. In that case, we may as well call the 'nids a female-dominated faction because the Norn-queens are female.
>>
>>44918218
>Realism
>40K

kek
>>
>>44918218
>repopulate
Dude, this is the 21 century. We don't need to repopulate. You can literally buy soldiers.
>>
To be honest 40k is pretty accomodating of gender equality. Space marines i feel are male only for all those young kids who idolise that manly, cool aspect. In the real world males are suited better to steroid use and hardcore training. It is 100x worse for a space marine recruit. Females couldnt make it.

Also why do feminists bitch about space marines being male only when sisters of battle are female only.

Im sick of the PC crap.
>>
>>44918315
They're females. Completely in trance and in love with the male dominance of the Emperor. Feminists hate these type of women more than they hate men.
>>
>>44918251
That's true. But I just meant something of a standard issue front line uniform. I meant those people who'se job is to wait for shells to explode over the enemy and then run in and bayonet everything.

Oh and I forgot one thing: sexual tension.
Imagine you are in a submarine. Imagine everyone is hot and sweaty all the time. Imagine minimal to no privacy. Imagine walking around without your shirt in super tight spaces. Imagine being stuck in these condition for 6 months.

Its simply an extremely bad idea to have males and females together in these conditions, it would serve no purpose, no reason, its just overall bad idea, and the fact its never done in real life compliments it even further.
>>
>>44918345
Yes. Men are the best cannon fodder. Women should be thankful for that. When you need people to just die, send more men. Soviet Russia knew better.
>>
>>44918345

I read a doujin with this premise. Except it was one dude.

His single job was to fuck the chicks on the sub and make noise so the enemy ships listening in on them would hear sex sounds and be all WTF into non-activity.

No, I don't know the source, because it was years ago. So don't ask.

>mfw you won't be the communal sextoy for a sub filled with sexy lady seamen
>mfw your ability to make women orgasm won't be the only thing to keep you and your crew alive
>mfw you won't die in 6 months of sexual exhaustion
>>
>>44917973
Completely ignoring the problem and name calling and personal insulting
Classic igonrance
>>
>>44917490
>http://www.themarysue.com/warhammer-40k-gender-representation/

I got as far as the first paragraph where he warned that he's assuming the models identify with their anatomy.

DROPPED
>>
>>44917490
I am not even a minute into that video, and holy shit that guy is a faggot.

I am morbidly curious how he managed to spend FORTY minutes on that article.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>44917490

>In the video, he dismisses the article as femanist propaganda that will contain no true knowledge or expertise about what it's talking about.
>roughly 30 seconds later, he reveals he doesn't know what Age of Sigmar is.
>this is between 1:30 and 2:00 of the video, pretty much right at the beginning.

Well, that's enough for me. Done with all of this.
>>
>>44917490
Is this still the same shit from last week?
Why are we still talking about it?
>>
>>44918703
its a meme you dip
>>
>>44917490
>In the Grim Darkness of Warhammer 40k‘s Far Future, There Are Only Men, and It’s Terrible
They do realize this is because Warhammer 40k's primary audience is ten-year-old boys who still think girls are icky, right?
>>
>>44917490
So having read the first half of the article it's actually pretty reasonable so far.
>Recognizes that Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar, and IG are all mixed-gender armies
>Doesn't even bitch about female Dark Eldar units looking ridiculous and sexualized because the same is true of the males
>SoBs are cool and need more support

His argument so far boils down to "There's one all-male army type and one all-female army type, but the all-male one is the flagship and is one of the best supported and cheapest/easiest to get into, while the all-female one is hideously expensive and almost completely unsupported. Please make SoB armies more accessible. Also, please throw more female torsos and heads into IG unit boxes so that they better fit their fluff about the Imperium having no problems throwing female soldiers into the meatgrinder along with the men."

I actually agree with all of this so far.
>>
>>44918218
>Reality/physics.
>Women are simply shittier at combat. On average, sure there are a few women that would perform better than few men, but this is astronomically low percent.
>Women, on average, have lesser lung capacity, lesser bone density, lesser muscle mass so whether its throwing grenades or carrying heavy machineguns or picking up wounded people and carrying them, its only reasonable to put men here.
40K has absolutely never cared about realism and physics when it comes to what sorts of weapons people can carry around, how quickly people get tired, etc. Anything that gets in the way of cool spacefuture fights is ignored.

>Women are simply far more precious then men, when it comes to birthrates. Lets say a tribe has 10 males and 10 females. Lets say you send all males in combat, and 9 dies. Big deal, 1 remaining male can still repopulate all remaining females and next generation is as numerable as if no one died.
>Lets say you send 10 females and 9 die. Next generation has only ONE kid.
This is 40K. One of the biggest, most consistent pieces of Imperium fluff is "The one resource the Imperium isn't running short on, and never will run short on, is humans."
>>
>>44918936
His article would have a lot warmer welcome if not the:
>Obviously, it’s possible that your entire Space Marines Chapter identifies as women, but since we can’t ask the models how they identify, we have to base it on what the model looks like, and how the background is written
>>
>>44918936
>>44918963
Still more reasonable than Smuggy McVideo
>>
>>44918554
>I got as far as the first paragraph where he warned that he's assuming the models identify with their anatomy.
>DROPPED
That's because he's writing for the Mary Sue and is trying to head his audience off at the pass. The rest of it is pretty reasonable argumentation so far?
>>
File: 1450767278656.jpg (74 KB, 600x915) Image search: [Google]
1450767278656.jpg
74 KB, 600x915
>>44918734
Because it involves feminazi's and that guarantees replies.
>>
>>44918963
That's because this is a ridiculous feminist website that's publishing the article and he's trying to cut off the stupid comments before he gets them so he can get to his actual argument.
>>
>>44918345
>Imagine walking around without your shirt.
I've went to school on a mixed gender ship. Berthing spaces were segregated. Not having your shirt on outside of your berthing space was serious business. On a school ship for merchant sailors. On an IG ship, you'd just be blammed.
>>
>>44918963
>>44918998
What he said, but also, that's a joke.
>>
>>44917490
I just want a Sisters update
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (391 KB, 1039x2157) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
391 KB, 1039x2157
>>44918157
Screencap is more engaging than text link.
>>
>>44920702
I'm content to wait for Raging Heroes at this point. Sisters of Eternal mercy will work perfectly for models and is practically garunteed to come out sooner than GW does anything.
>>
>>44920757
>User was banned for this post
Perhaps there is some hope left in men
>>
SJWs can't do squat with GW.

They gonna twitter mob them? GW ain't got a twitter

They gonna facebook harass them? GW ain't got a facebook

Angry youtube comments? GW has disabled comments on a hidden youtube channel

GW are outdated stubborn assholes. They're the Donald Trump of nerddom. SJWs are out of their league.
>>
File: 235235256.jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
235235256.jpg
7 KB, 225x224
>video narrator says Grey Knights aren't Space Marines in his rant about how the SJWs dunno what they're talking about in 40k.

wtf.
>>
>>44918315
>>44918339
But females play Nids, DE or Tau in my experience.
>>
>>44918198
The thing is, they know how to get their fans to give them more money. They ignore that too. GW is ridiculously out of touch.
>>
File: oh_look_its_this_thread_again.png (197 KB, 425x251) Image search: [Google]
oh_look_its_this_thread_again.png
197 KB, 425x251
>>44917490
This must be the third time I've seen someone shilling this shitty website.
>>
Alright lads, we all had a chuckle when the article was first linked. We all know that male feminists are total cucks. It's time to pack it in. Sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>44918846

B-but I'm a grown man and girls *are* icky, anon
>>
>>44917490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ThHHOxlck
>>
>>44921229
The people who start an SoB army are very few. Now more then ever, even their transport tank is gone, and there is the strong suspicion, that army will cease to exist, unlike Tau, Nids Dark eldar or Space marines, making the models pretty useless.
Not to mention they are expensive as hell and the army weights a ton because its all metal
>>
>>44917490
You're just as annoying as the SJW, if not more. Why can not you ignore it?
>>
>>44917490
You're a fucking retard. How you havent died from forgetting to breathe is a goddamn miracle. But seriously, know that you are exceptionally stupid. Im sure you dont see it, but trust me.
>>
File: 1440126030132.jpg (17 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1440126030132.jpg
17 KB, 284x284
>>44917490
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>44921663
They get no support because they have no sales, and they get no sales because they have no support. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>44921827
Yeah. Its another episode of GW ignoring their customers wishes. Just like people have been crying for bigger greater demons, more Harlequin and admech for a decade.
Now they actually managed to make a new bloodthirster, some more harly than the single elite choice, and one (err two) Admech min-armies and *poof* guess whats on the top selling kits list?
>>
>>44918962
>One of the biggest, most consistent pieces of Imperium fluff is "The one resource the Imperium isn't running short on, and never will run short on, is humans."

The Imperium as a whole, yes. But the individual societies that make up said Imperium are entirely different matters.
>>
>>44918218
>Biology
And then you have more posibilities of consanguinity.
While instead you simply take 5 and 5 and makes and the womans have 2 kids instead of one so you have 10 kids.
My grandma gave birth to 9 childrens and thats what after spanish civil war. Baby booms does that kind of thing.
>Reality/physics
Well you dont know what a gauss bell is..
Men in general are stronger that women but that doesnt mean that some women can make to the minimun that takes being a marine while a man doesnt necesary have to reach that minimun by being a man.

Also i think that is stupid to have half of the population in a brain dead activity for the sake of natality its fucking bad for economics for example.

Ju
>>
>>44917490
>No pastebin
THEY ARE LITERALLY SHILLING THEIR BLOG.
MODS, DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE.
>>
>>44918345
Look up the US navy's first integrated female/male ship. It got the nickname "the love boat" because apparently navy sailors in the early 90's didn't know what condoms were and they had to air lift some of the pregnant female crewman. The double shits everyone else had to pull as a result thought them the importance of safe sex fast (not to mention the std's that ship was breeding).
>>
>>44923787
Shifts not shits, there is some imagery for you.
>>
>>44922798
>Men in general are stronger that women but that doesnt mean that some women can make to the minimun that takes being a marine while a man doesnt necesary have to reach that minimun by being a man.

Marine recruits are drawn from exceptional men, not the populace at large. There is some overlap between the low end of men and the upper end of women, but Spess marines aren't interested in some skinnyfat hikikomori losers.

While some percent of women will be generally fit enough to fill the role of basic conscript shitter, it's very likely that zero women in the entire galaxy are /fit/ enough to meet spess marine specs, for the same reason that women can't come close to matching male performance in most sports.
>>
Read the article.

Disagree with all of these arguments as they don't seem to take into account that 40k is a DYSTOPIAAAAAN universe.

In the real life, we work towards utopia. The fact that we want gender equality doesn't mean the fucked up souls of this made up far future do.

Some of his points aren't bad though. Some female models in IG kits and an update for sisters are thing most players wouldn't mind at all.

Article is basically a sisters player appealing to SJW because his army still hasn't gotten an update.
>>
>>44921663
I'm still annoyed with GW over Sisters. I fell in love with the army when I got assigned a squad of them during one of the weekly silly MegaBattle demonstration events they did and proceeded to wreck face, and then I found out they're pretty much impossible to actually collect an army of.

I eventually sucked it up and bought an army of Space Marines, because that's what GW clearly wants everyone to buy.
>>
>>44924299
Also don't forget that even those exceptional men can die from the gene seed transplantation process or have their body reject it.
>>
>>44917490
Why do you keep posting this?
Why do you keep posting this without a pastebin?
I'm not giving you a hit you dirty shill.
>>
>>44918198
No not bowing to social justice is the one thing games workshop can be commended on
>>
>>44921422
Shhhh...
No tears. /d/ will accept your homosexuality, anon.
>>
>>44917490
Nice clickbait, fag.
>>
>Females in any serious military engagement
You'd need to dig entire new pits at bascamp for the tanks where we store their tears when they get raped every other day.
>>
Wanna know why these people target nerd hobbies, as opposed to say, Hip-hop? It's because white nerds will roll over every time for them, and just let these idiots walk all over them, due to a combination of low self-esteem, and a desperate desire for any female attention.

Seriously, rap music is probably the most misogynistic medium of entertainment in existence, but rappers will just tell these women to go fuck themselves, and forget about them within 5 minutes. Nerds will sit there and try and debate them, as if they really expect to change their mind, and when that doesn't work, the just apologize and give in.
>>
>>44926990
Same reason internet atheists never shit on islam, probably the most fucked up religion out there.
>>
>>44926990
No, it because rap is a nigger habitat. SJWs are only interested in trashing traditionally white hobbies.
>>
>>44921422
Sure there icky but they have other quality's that make them great
>>
>>44922131
>Yeah. Its another episode of GW ignoring their customers wishes. Just like people have been crying for bigger greater demons, more Harlequin and admech for a decade.
>Now they actually managed to make a new bloodthirster, some more harly than the single elite choice, and one (err two) Admech min-armies and *poof* guess whats on the top selling kits list?

Space Marines?
>>
>>44927099

Except Richard Fucking Dawkins, because the man gives zero fucks about anyone's feelings.
>>
>>44928692
>Except Richard Fucking Dawkins, because the man gives zero fucks about anyone's feelings.

It's not a matter of people's feelings, it's a composite issue.
1. Outspoken Atheists are generally raised in Christian dominated society, so the Relgion they have to interact with the most is Christianity.
2. If you insult Islam you will be branded a racist by everyone and being a rascist pretty much makes you on par with the devil nowadays
>>
>>44929234
Being "racist", "sexist" or "privileged" nowadays is almost as bad as being a heretic in 40k. And people like that 40k is grimdark. Just look at real life, it's plenty of grimdark.
>>
>>44917490
Thank the lord GW has almost no internet foot print so the usual SJW tactics to get what they want, like twitter and facebook and shit work.
And if they decide to nottingham to protest the most that will come of it is GW trying to sue them because they stole the idea that bigger==better and more important from the orks.
>>
>>44918345
>Oh and I forgot one thing: sexual tension.
>Imagine you are in a submarine. Imagine everyone is hot and sweaty all the time. Imagine minimal to no privacy. Imagine walking around without your shirt in super tight spaces. Imagine being stuck in these condition for 6 months.
>Its simply an extremely bad idea to have males and females together in these conditions, it would serve no purpose, no reason, its just overall bad idea, and the fact its never done in real life compliments it even further.

Australia and their mixed gender submarines begs to differ, son.
>>
>>44932742
>necromancing this thread

What the fuck is wrong with you,
>>
>>44929724
That's an interesting theory for why games workshop doesn't bow to social justice warriors
>>
>>44918218
>Reason why this whole new feminism/sjw thingie sucks:
>Women are simply shittier at combat
What?
>>
>>44926990
>Seriously, rap music is probably the most misogynistic medium of entertainment in existence
This is what you say.

What I read:
>Let me just shit on something I don't like from a cursory glance and hearsay.
>>
>>44927099
It's because shitting on Islam is actually fucking dangerous.
>tfw being an apostate
>>
>>44929646
Not really, no.
>>
>>44932857
>Thinking responding after a three hour gap is necromancing.

Welcome to /tg/, Newfag. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>44921074
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
>>
>>44933228
Your analogy is stupid. It's more akin to a fortress where diplomats can enter. Whether the guard is on their case or not depends on your critical thinking.
>>
>>44933305

Point taken, but (>>44933228) is quoting a popular saying from 40k.
>>
>>44933349
Oh, it was a joke. Haha, shit.
>>
>>44933144
no, rap really does have a large number of 'treat-women-like-a-bitch' lyrics...

some have more, some have less...
>>
>>44917551
>3) GW = Safe

You don't understand how this goes, do you? Normies now infest and will ruin your hobby like everything else.
>>
>>44933065
He's a neckbeard who's never used a real weapon in his life.

Just let him have his opinion.
>>
>>44933446
It's a give-and-take. There are those and there are others. Then there are female rappers, who do a whole lot of other things differently.

>>44933498
It's not that, it's just non-sequitur.
>>
>>44932742
>australia
>submarines
just why do they need subs anyway? if a war breaks out they will hide behind the burgers, and they can sink the pinoy boats with planes.
>>
>>44933694
>just why do they need subs anyway?

Because they've got a coastline of about 26,000km and any serious invasion of Australia could be defended using a strong navy at strategic locations.

>if a war breaks out they will hide behind the burgers,

Do you mean the Yanks?

If a serious war broke out, Australia is more likely to join the Chinese.
>>
File: 1452817698479.gif (7 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
1452817698479.gif
7 KB, 220x229
>>44917490
>In the Grim darkness of the 41st millenium there are only men
Did this person not know about banshees? Sisters of battle? Shadowsun? The general egalitarian nature of IG or Tau recruitment?

How about the fact that Orks reproduce asexually and have no gender, neither do Tyranids or C'tan

How about the myriad of daemons of both genders from Slaanesh?

Jeebus its as if they just complain about shit they know nothing about.
>>
>>44922769
Dude, that's dumb and wrong. Seriously, there are a billion things wrong with the logistics and logic of the Imperium in 40k. I absolutely guarantee that you don't have to worry about those population issues in 40k, for the same reason you don't need to worry about the Eldar dying off or Space Marines running out of artificer gear- because those things are not grimdark spacefights.

In other words, just make some female guardsmen models, fuck, literally who fucking cares. It will be fine.
>>
>>44933880
I will say that the one point I think they're right on is that the IG recruiting policy is not reflected in WYSIWYG. There are no normal guardsmen who are female, or actually any I can think of besides non-guard like assassins. Same with Mechanius, actually, though maybe it's hard to tell with them, what with the metal bits.
I totally get if you want to not have chicks in Tallarn units or something, I guess, but it is kind of strange that there are none in, say, Cadian or Vostroyan units when a bunch of canon characters are female and, like you said, they generally recruit in an egalitarian fashion.
>>
File: chopper-hold-up-a-minute.png (227 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
chopper-hold-up-a-minute.png
227 KB, 500x495
This bait has been posted multiple times a day for like two weeks now. Why?
>>
>>44933880
>Did this person not know about Sisters of battle?

Does GW?
>>
>>44934001
because /tg/ is a slow board.
if it were /v/ OP would be gargling cocks.
>>
>>44933880
If you read more than just the title you would know that he is aware of all of those things. The title is click-bait.

He does manage to raise some points about the IG and the SoB in the article. However, suggesting that adding female space marines is easy, and counting orcs as males because they "look like males" are pretty shit arguments.

>>44934009
Kek. Well played.
>>
>>44933986
If there is one thing the Imperium has a surplus of, its humans.
So they don't need to worry about population due to half of what the guard does for hive cities is population control.

I'd would imagine a good chunk of the IG would wind up being female and they would just get sterilized before getting deployed.

What would you rather have? 50 humans with lasguns, or 100 humans with lasguns?
>>
>>44934027
>counting orcs as males because they "look like males"
isn't that trans-phobic?
>>
>>44934027
>suggesting that adding female space marines is easy

How isn't it? It's as simple as retconning it.
>>
File: 1323376326988.jpg (47 KB, 221x259) Image search: [Google]
1323376326988.jpg
47 KB, 221x259
>>44934009
Nice
>>
>>44934044
No, he's not disputing the ork's professed outward expression of gender identity.

His full argument was something to the effect of "they look, act, and refer to each other as male."
>>
>>44934056
There are more sisters of battle than there are SPESS MUHREENS
That and they get magic through sheer willpower and sexual frustration.
>>
>>44934076
Ok then, but how does that make adding female space marines a difficult matter? All they have to do is say that women can be space marines.
>>
>>44934096
and why would they overturn their fluff just for that?
I mean, atleast wait for the inevitable age of ultramar
>>
>>44934096
I wouldn't mind honestly.
>>
>>44934096
Adding a female chapter of the space marines could be done in a cannon friendly way

just say some of the lost primarchs were the emperors daughters, and pass the gene seed to only women

done
>>
>>44934056
Nope, it's not. Space marines are present in almost every 40k story created and they have always been male. In this case, GW would have to retcon almost every single 40k story. Only by rebooting the 40k universe can they do such a thing properly.

>>44934076
There technically are more of them, but their presence in the story is much less important and they barely get updates in the tabletop.

They also only one army when compared to the many armies of the space marines. Though, that is mostly a space marine over-representation problem that screws over every other faction really.
>>
>>44934127
But that would be immediately considered HERESY! The imperium does not ever allow for change.

If the female primarchs were discovered, they would be deemed criminal and not true primarchs. Heck, even if the emperor was reborn as the star child, the imperium wouldn't believe it and would try to kill him.
>>
>>44934112
>and why would they overturn their fluff just for that?

That's irrelevant to the question. You said it would be difficult to add female space marines, when adding female space marines would be as simple as a quiet retcon.
>>
>>44934035
>sterilized

Why bother? It would be much cheaper and easier to just mass-produce condoms.
>>
>>44934132
>Nope, it's not. Space marines are present in almost every 40k story created and they have always been male. In this case, GW would have to retcon almost every single 40k story. Only by rebooting the 40k universe can they do such a thing properly.

Ok, here's how you do it properly: they say that women can be space marines, and then carry on with their business. The only thing that would occur would be fanboy shitstorms, which would have no impact on business.

Remember: this is the same intellectual property in which an entire faction that had a noteworthy lore presence was taken out without mention, and a completely new faction was added in without prior mention.
>>
>>44934159
accidents happen, or it would be cheaper to mass produce IUDs
It basically has to be a passive form of birth control so no one has to actively use it.
>>
>>44934150
no, it would mean overturning the entire fluff surrounding space marines that has been around since the universe was made.
it wouldn't be a quiet retcon, it would be the loudest possible retcon ever you could do about space marines. then the entire thing about the questing knights in space persona comes crashing down.
>>
>>44934186
This solution isn't even necessary. If the SoB got as much attention as they deserved and the space marines got less attention it would all be fine. It's only a problem because the guys at GW get their panties wet over the spess muhreens.
>>
>>44934035
>imperium has a surplus of humans
>imperium thus has a good amount of autists
>said autists work on supply lines and fix the system
>the imperium wins.
>>
>>44934056

>retconning the most iconic, popular army of your setting to appease the people who need to add tits to their inhuman demigods of war

Not even GW is that stupid and they approved Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>44918265
>Dude, this is the 21 century. We don't need to repopulate. You can literally buy soldiers.

Dude this is the ninth century since the foundation of Rome. We don't need to repopulate. You can literally buy soldiers.
>>
>>44934254
Dude the barbarians are coming, they are gonna squat in our cities and pull us back into a second dark age.
>>
>>44934216
It would be overturning a minor, retarded, footnote in space marine fluff, and from this quiet retcon, new fluff could grow in no conflict with old fluff. The lack of presence of female marines could be as simple as they weren't previously mentioned, or just ignored, as the squats were for over a decade.

It's discussions like these that make me think that old "you're not supposed to take 40k seriously" defence doesn't hold a lot of water.
>>
>>44934127

There is a reason beyond genetics for why the Emperor made his space marines only male. They are a stopgap, just as the Thunder Warriors were by on a larger scale.

Big E's plan was a race of him, super powerful psychic golden gods. The Primarchs were close but nowhere near what his final plans were.

Why would he add women to his stopgap? Its insanity. The Space Marines are their own species, the first rule of creating a disposable super warrior race is you do NOT allow them any chance to create a breedable population.

They are the sword of humanity, they are not the replacements of humanity.
>>
>>44934293

The Primarchs were close and yet nowhere near*
>>
>>44934127
>Adding a female chapter of the space marines could be done in a cannon friendly way

Or they could do it the Age of Sigmar way and kill off the current 40k universe in a series of disappointing and rushed out books, with most of the Imperium being killed off screen. Then release a new game with shallow, lackluster fluff and stupid, unplayable rules. Then we can jack up the prices by almost double the amount they normally were.

Age of Guilliman, I guess we can call it.
>>
File: 1449992569196.jpg (253 KB, 1181x1671) Image search: [Google]
1449992569196.jpg
253 KB, 1181x1671
>>44934075
>they look, act, and refer to each other as male
Aren't they just a fungus without a gender? Isn't that sexist to assume that they would have to act female to be female? I always assumed boyz jsut was like mates, or guys, just a term that is either generic or male,.used in the generic.

It wouldn't make sense to have breasted female orks. Maybe more of a midway between the grots and orks, but isn't that just a kid ork?

As for Tau, I'd imagine the selective genetics would minimize fat tissue like breasts, making them nearly identical to their male counterparts.

I just find it funny that a hobby that people comp[lain that a traditionally marketed towards men is marketed that way. While I do like the represenation eldar gives women, its just a boobplate. and I liked the idea of male banshees wearing the standard armor by tradition. Why shouldn't females of other aspects just wear the male looking ones?

Pretty sure I'm overthinking this though.
>>
>>44934311
>not calling it the age of salamander
>>
>>44934230
Because the Marines are the mascot race and they sell more kits than all the other factions put together.
>>
>>44934393
wait, so how does GW diversify their kit sales?
>>
>>44929724

This.

GW doesn't even listen to it's customers, why would it listen to some mook off the street who doesn't even throw money at them?
>>
>>44925285
organ rejection doesen't have shit to do with physical conditioning, the only issue relating to sexal dimorphism that would affect it would be normal hormones levels of one gender being preferred.
>>
>>44917490
Reported for commercial advertising
>>
>>44917490
If GW doesn't even listen to their own customers what makes you think they'll listen to people NOT already giving them inordinate amounts of cash?
>>
>>44934393
Of course they sell more. If you market the shit out of something and make more products for it, it will sell the most. This is like a self-fulfilling prophesy.
>>
>>44918345
>Russian
Well there's your problem. Russians aren't human, they're vodka fueled removal machines
>>
When GW began to offer its IP to more devs I knew this would happen.

You know why anime has remained bulletproof while, say, video games have become riddled with self censorship out of fear of the regressive hordes? because the casuals that make up the regressive audience cant get past the unapologetic lewdness and focus on young girls. It creeps them out too much, so they rewatch cowboy bebop or attack on titan for the 50th time and keep the fuck out.

All the fantasy and 40k games being released has exposed more and more people to a setting that was fenced off by the cost and the patience/hand eye coordination required for painting. Now they have another avenue to get in, and they can scream about whatever they want despite the fact they get their 40k lore from eternal crusade.

Welcome to what happens to every good thing /tg/. Its the exact same process that happens at music festivals.
>>
>>44934566
>if you market
The reason why they've been marketed and have had more products made for them is because they started out popular.

Space marines are cool. They're what set 40k apart from Fantasy. That's why they sold so well from the word go, when everyone was on even footing.
>>
>>44934602
>The reason why they've been marketed and have had more products made for them is because they started out popular.

True, but as more types of people start getting into hobbies that used to be "nerdy", you have to make an effort to diversify your product. That is if you want to maximize the amount of sales. But maybe GW is content with their current market and don't care about expanding, what do I know?
>>
I miss Jack Thompson and his ilk. At least most people knew they were insane, somehow these fucks have dodged that examination.
>>
File: 1438883466807.jpg (387 KB, 1628x890) Image search: [Google]
1438883466807.jpg
387 KB, 1628x890
>>44934282
>any kind of novel that deals with SM recruits mentions the only male part
>HH would need a massive retcon
>changing the lore in a massive way just so you can validate your special snowflakes
>drastically change the feel of SM and SoB
>all this for people that are not their target audience in the slightest
>validating ND instead of helping him kill himself

M8 play female SM all you fucking want. Nobody is stopping you from taking the piss on 40k lore. But don't bitch at GW when your opponent tells you to fuck off because you're most likely a fetishist, SJW or a weeb with an ultra special snowflake army.
>>
>>44934035
>posting porn
Enjoy the vacation, brah
>>
>>44934361
Female ork's were in the early fluff, but got retconned out. and honest even as a feminist i'm glad they're gone, they looked so bad.

Mabye one clan with their weird boyz models haveing a hag theme and mabye a hero unit thats a wrinkled witch looking ork whose a small time warboss/mage could approch it with out seeming like they were pandering.
>>
>>44934361
>I liked the idea of male banshees wearing the standard armor
Trapfags are scum.
>>
>>44934686
>or a weeb
He said he wants female space marines, not loli space marines. Don't just throw around words meaninglessly
>>
>>44934719
>female ork's were in the early fluff, but got retconned out
Wrong. Orks uses to be hermaphrodites with kangaroo pouches for their young. I'd post the snippet if I was at my computer
>>
Time to summon Bloodbowl Orc Cheerleaders.
>>
>>44934770
I was speaking in general terms on who would field female SM.
>>
>>44934589
>Welcome to what happens to every good thing /tg/. Its the exact same process that happens at music festivals
Except to Anime apparently.
>>
>>44934908
>female SM
>remotely related to "weebs"
Again, unless you're referring to a chapter of lolis or a chapter based off of Saber or some shit, I have no idea where weaboo come into play
>>
>>44934935
>who is NiceDeamonette
>>
>>44934293
>Why would he add women to his stopgap?

So he can draw from twice as many recruits?
>>
>>44934686
Again, it would be as simple as changing a few lines of text. They don't need to mention past lore, they outright erased a faction without mention, which is a vastly larger change than making it so that there can be female SM.

I don't want to field squat, I think 40k is a fucking idiotic setting down to its core, and I don't want them to change squat either (I'm actually fairly ambivalent to the prospect), I'm just pointing out that the change would be pretty close to effortless on GW's part, and the only people who would be offended would be lore-spergs.
>>
>>44934917

Anime is special. But it will fall one day as well. You noticed the extra spotlight being put on Japan recently?
>>
>>44920872
>using non GW models

Have fun playing nothing.
>>
>>44935013

He already had more than enough recruits. The problem with the marines at that time wasnt that there were too few potential recruits, it was a supply problem. Theres a reason why marines used bolters and not volkite weapons.

Marines were mass produced without any problem when just restricted to men. He didnt need women.
>>
>>44935066
>volkite weapons.

What are those?
>>
>>44935101

Think thermal death ray. They were powerful as fuck and safe but as the great crusade spread they couldnt keep up with the demand for their supply so the bolter replaced them as the bolter was cheaper and easy to make.
>>
>>44935013
Actually, makes sense that Emps. wouldn't.

He wanted to create a weapon, not a race.

If Space Marines could breed, it would create a segregated humanity.

That said, I can't see any reason why Emps couldn't have female spess mehreens and just have them all (male and female) be canonically sterilised.

That said, the whole argument is shit.

I have yet to see an argument FOR female space marines that didn't discount SoB for not being popular.

>>44935023
>effortless on GW's part

It would have been, before people made an issue of it. If GW thought 'Hey, we can make a profit if we come out with a Female head sprue for players'.

Shit, they could do it now no issue. I'm pretty sure there's a fairly solid market for it too.

But if they come out and say 'Okay, there are female space marines' it's essentially the same as saying 'the terrorists won'.
>>
>>44935118
So... a meltagun?
>>
>>44935132
Considering the nature of the gene-seed, how the candidates are surgically altered rather than actually mutated, Marines' children would just be ordinary humans. No need to even sterilize them, because their sexual drive is already suppressed by their hypnotherapy training.
>>
>>44935143

Yeah kinda.
>>
>>44935171
All true, but candidates are still chosen for being a little bit physically superior. It wouldn't be unlikely for their offspring to be similarly gifted.

You'd get a situation where Space Marines became a hereditary position, or where being the children of Space Marines gave you some sort of special social standing.
>>
>>44935242
Gee, it's almost like the feudal, ass-backwards Imperium is being feudal and ass-backwards.
>>
>>44935295
True. But this was back in the golden days of the Imperium where the Big E was still in charge and not making dumbass decisions.

Really, if feminists wanted better gender equality in 40k they should be getting GW to promote SoB - not asking for a lore change to cater to their wants.
>>
>>44935295

The point is under the Emperor, you know when this entire policy was fucking MADE, the Imperium wasnt feudal and ass backwards.
>>
Question:

If GW just made a plastic female head sprue and said that Sisters of Battle could be represented using a female head and a space marine body, would that shut feminists up?
>>
File: laughing star gods.png (28 KB, 443x395) Image search: [Google]
laughing star gods.png
28 KB, 443x395
>>44935422

>feminists
>ever shutting up

As soon as you admit guilt or wrongdoing they pounce on you like hungry tigers. Thats why the best way to deal with them is to ignore them or just completely own the criticism

>you're a sexist!
>yeah so?
>>
File: 64739050.jpg (132 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
64739050.jpg
132 KB, 400x400
>>44917490
>>
>>44935422

I support this idea.
>>
>>44918251
Ivan go home
>>
>>44918345
>women in the russian army
you do realize that they were all playthings for their officers and were not much more than fucktoys, right?
>>
>>44935242
>>44935132

But nothing in current fluff is preventing Space Marines from establishing segregated Marine breeding worlds.

Even if Marines themselves don't reproduce, they can start similar programs with the human lineages that produced suitable Space Marine recruits.
>>
>>44935901
>they can start similar programs with the human lineages that produced suitable Space Marine recruits.

And thus begins the issue of Eugenics, which is something I believe the Emperor opposed.
>>
>>44935893
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_Russian_and_Soviet_military#Land_forces

try again m'senpai ; )
>>
>>44935932

Emprah did all sorts of experiments on humans. Perhaps he did not want competition for himself and the Primarchs/Space Marines.

The anti-eugenic stance might have been for propaganda purposes too, at least one of the Terran warlords (Cardinal Tang) practiced eugenics and extermination of unsuitables and nominal opposition to such practices would help in turning the oppressed among his subjects to Imperial cause.
>>
File: trashed.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
trashed.gif
1 MB, 294x329
>actually replying to bait threads
>>
>>44934686
>being a female gamer is tough
God, that was ridiculous
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 230x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 230x216
>>44917490
>responding to clickbait journalism
>>
>>44918218
40k was never realistic. It's very much the setting that is only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>44935023
>outright erased a faction without mention

Squat never had an army list or a codex. A fan made army list was published in a WD magazine.

GW stopped updating a model range as they were not popular and the creators felt they did not blend well with other factions.
>>
>>44936074
>Being the sort of newfag that doesn't appreciate /tg/'s capacity to turn even the faggotiest of bait threads into something constructive.

>>44936023
True, but the Emprah still wouldn't promote widespread eugenics, especially for promoting a warrior class.
>>
Im sick of feminists. They arent fighting for equality they want to push down men. Why can they push for women space marines but when i try and join a woman only gym im a pervert
>>
>>44936817
That's not feminists, that's misandrists.
>>
>>44934992
Not a weeb. He hates lolis and despises most anime
>>
>>44933215
Yes. That is what necromancing on /tg/ is. That's actually the exact definition.

/tg/ has a thread turnover rate of 3 hours. In the afternoon, it drops to 2, and in the early morning it stretches to 4 or even 5, but 3 hours is just about the average.

If you see someone make a stupid pointless post, and the difference between it and the post above it is three hours, you can basically assume 7/10 that the person made that post to save that thread from disappearing into the archive, with that chance increasing based on how stupid that post was.
>>
>>44936878

Eh. I'd say intent holds a factor more than timing. Three hours isn't a long time to go between posts in the modern world, especially since places where the term 'thread necromancing' started were talking about responding to posts after months - not mere hours.

And given that the anons in question seem to be discussing Australian Naval policy and it's connection with Men and Women being able to work in tight, hostile conditions together, I'd say it was just a slow response.
>>
>>44927099
>Internet atheists
>Not shitting on Islam
>Not specifically using Islam as the crux of their arguments as to why all theists should be forced to become atheist/lined up and shot
>>
>>44933461
Have you been paying attention to tabletop games? "Normies" of both the "not a socially crippled mental defect" and the "crazed ultra-progressive" varieties have already been in tabletop for a while. Its just now that the latter thinks they've eaten enough red meat to take on the big boys.
>>
>>44936910
This is a dumb bait thread, you are a dumb troll, and your efforts only help cement that fact.
>>
>>44934147
>Imperium don't allow for change.
What are graviton guns, new chapters, IG tank development, expansion further into the Segmentum Ultima?
>>
>>44934237
What do you think the Administratum's savants are? A bunch of obsessive number-crunching autists.
>>
>>44934361
The Tau didn't breed away tits. Their species are aliens whose evolutionary tree doesn't map onto ours at all, so probably, their species never had breasts. For all we know, they might lay eggs or something.
>>
>>44935023
If you don't fucking like the setting, why do you even care? Does it make you tremble in neurotic fear that someone, somewhere, is enjoying themselves in a way you don't like?
>>
>>44935143
Less powerful and armor-punching, but capable of making people explode to kill the guy next to him.
>>
>>44936663

He thought himself and the Primarchs perfect and allowed them to do whatever they wished and make marines of whomever they wished (Luther, Kor Phaeron etc. Also Typhus if the 3e background of him having Barbarus xeno blood holds still).

He also allowed non-marines to have breeding programs as long as they served him http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Geno_Five-Two_Chiliad

More and more it looks like Emperor really was anti-eugenics only when his enemies were concerned.
>>
>>44936836
They can be the same thing, you know.
>>
>>44918251

You do realize that snipers or sharpshooters have to be in peak condition and the job requires tons of endurance?
>>
>>44937130
And kor phaeron is not a full marine. His stat line is mostly 3's, and his terminator armor is a life support suit.
>>
>>44937017
>what are graviton guns

Been around since the great crusade, retard

>new chapters

Sanctioned usually by the High Lords of Terra and ONLY during foundings, other chapters are made from founding chapters without the consent of the wider imperium, retard.

>IG tank development

Most, if not all of IG tanks are based off the original chasis of either the chimera, leman russ or baneblade. They aren't going full out change, they're just adding or taking away from something, retard.

>Expanding further into a region of space is somehow "change"

jesus christ you really are a retard
>>
>>44937401

Yes but he isn't a full marine because he was too old for the complete process, not because Emps or Lorgar didn't want to make him one.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.