[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG MODERN GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: modern-masters-second-wave.jpg (16 KB, 400x258) Image search: [Google]
modern-masters-second-wave.jpg
16 KB, 400x258
>Official post ban deck tiers, as of right now.

>Tier 1
RG Tron
Bogles
Infect
Scapeshift
Grishoalbrand

Tier 2
Burn
Merfolk
Jund
Kiki Jiki combo (Chord, Coco and adjusted 'Twin' lists).
Mono Green Stompy
B/x Eldrazi
W/G Hatebears

>Tier 3 and below
Everything else
>>
Based on what?
>>
Modern is officially solved.

The result is: dead
>>
>>44835625
>burn tier 2
>in a meta full of Tron
>scapeshift tier 1
>glass-cannonbrand tier 1
>>
>>44835625
That is one damn ugly format.
>>
File: 1380347308212.gif (612 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1380347308212.gif
612 KB, 245x245
>>44835625
>Tier 2
>Burn
>>
>>44835625
>affinity nowhere to be seen.
Are you srsly putting it in t3?
>>
Nivmagus Elemental is going to be t1.

You read it here first.
>>
>>44835625
You are fucking terrible at making tier lists.
>>
I play owling mine.
I'm thinking of retooling it to something like
2x anger of the gods
1x pyroclasm
3x blood moon
4x simian spirit guide
3x repeal
4x exhaustion
4x remand
4x boomerang
4x eye of nowhere
4x Owl
4x Mine
4x runeflare trap

sb
4 young pyromancer
4 ensnaring bridge
4 spell snare
3 who gives a fuck

and just go 1-3 at every modern event from now til eternity.
>>
>>44835625
JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>44835625
>bogles tier 1
>monoG stompy above tier 3
forty keks.
>>
>>44839161
Come to think of it I want to fit crumble to dust and bolt in there as well. I also want the fourth blood moon in the side.
Fuck me.
19 lands, two of them being mikokoro. This is not looking particularly good for me. Fuck I should never have sold my nourishing shoal tech.
>>
So with Twin dead, are the new go-to combo decks Grishoalbrand and Nauseam?

Captcha: eggs
Fuck you we don't want that deck back
>>
File: Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg (81 KB, 513x444) Image search: [Google]
Fried_egg,_sunny_side_up.jpg
81 KB, 513x444
>>44839283
Second Sunrise unban when?
>>
How fast would

Sorcery
Draw a card

be broken?
>>
>>44839283
what about living end? of collected kiki chord?
>>
>>44839283
Ad Nauseam isn't consistent enough to be good
Grishoalbrand is unplayable in any meta where mainboard Relic of Progenitus and Scrabbling Claws is a thing
>>
>>44835625
Can you tell us the name(s) of your LGS(s) now ? So we can avoid them like the plague
>>
>>44839341
It would instantly go in every Storm deck in all formats
>>
>>44839312
Wizards would rather reprint Black Lotus as a 7th land type than unban Sunrise.
>>
>>44839341
Gitaxian Probe is already a thing.
>>
>>44839118
NewsFlash:
Archbound ravager banned
Mox Opal banned
>>
>>44839283
Fuck that, it's time to take Modern by Storm
>>
>>44839383
Yeah, and at least that one costs two life, anon is literally retarded.

>b-b-but you don't get to see their hand
You know full well that"s not the reason people play Probe, it's more of a nice bonus at that point.
>>
>>44835625
>all of tier 1 is linear noninteractive aggro and midrange
JUST FUCK MY FORMAT UP SENPAI
>>
>>44839375
Which shows how retarded the ban is, thank you.
>>
>>44839405
Any deck can beat affinity, if they wanted to, so I don't think they'll ban anything from it.
>>
File: bath2.gif (11 KB, 485x312) Image search: [Google]
bath2.gif
11 KB, 485x312
>>44839417
Gitaxian probe has another effect?
>>
>>44839436

Do you remember every tournament you played Eggs in, when Game 3 went to turns and everyone in the round stood around and watched as you spent 20+ minutes jerking off on your playmat?

Thats why Eggs was banned, Im sorry you're too autistic to understand that literally every contestant was negatively affected by that deck existing in the bracket.
>>
>>44839417
Seeing their hand is pretty crucial, it lets you see if it's safe to drop a creature or go for a combo kill, in legacy it lets you land a T1 cabal therapy for whatever you want.
>>
File: file.jpg (25 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
25 KB, 312x445
What's the likelihood of making a liveable income solely as a pro mtg player?

My dumb fuck of a friend, who's only been playing for 2 years, wants to do this and nothing else. I'm trying to convince him he's making a huge mistake but he's too lost in his ego to listen to me. So I'm wondering if it's even possible to do what he wants to do.

BTW he only works retail and has no desire to go to college. All he does is watch anime, browse reddit and twitter, and learns as much as he can about mtg.
>>
>>44839341
I see.

So you want to make a $30 common?
>>
>>44839508
Every professional Magic player has a day job. There are no Mew2King players in pro Magic; it simply doesn't pay enough.
>>
>>44839508
>What's the likelihood of making a liveable income solely as a pro mtg player?
Probably similar to winning a gp, maybe even less so.
>>
>>44839508
You would literally have to top 8 every pro tour and grand prix you went to, just to break even. I remember reading somewhere that even the best of the best only make around 50k per year.
>>
>>44839508
>8 bears
>not 16/16

Do you even bear, faggot?
>>
>>44839508
I know Mike Malone, the guy who won that GP with Elves.
He made more money delivering pizzas that summer than he did at the GP.
>>
>>44839533
The only place that you can make a career out of playing games is in professional ASSFAGGOTS imo. Even fighting games usually pay around the same as Magic events, except that there are more Fighting game events of course.
>>
What deck will be better after the tron ban? Infect or the Eldrazi deck?
>>
>>44839500
True, but it could just draw you a card for 2 life and it still would be played.

My point mostly was that drawing a card for free is probably a bit too oppressive.

>>44839495
Easy dude, keep your own autism in check first, I was just being semantic to mess with you.
I fully realise the problem with the SS deck, I played eggs and totally agree with the banning of that card. Doesn't mean I don't kind of miss it sometimes, though.
>>
>>44839581
>post-tron ban
Infect loses its best matchup but if Eldrazi becomes the new Tron, Infect gets better. It goldfishes way faster.
>>
>>44839581
Eldrazi takes over, its literally Tron 2.0 but without worrying about Tron pieces.
>>
>>44839508
The Channel Fireball and SCG teams are (correct me if I'm wrong) employees of the respective companies, and they get sponsored with cards and resources.
That seems like the best way to do it. Get a job for a games company, get them to back you to play at a high level.
Otherwise you're spending most of your money on cards to keep you at the top level, you're playing the mtg stockmarket all the fucking time, and your winnings barely keep you above water. I've got a friend who's reasonably professional, and he can only do it because he got hit by a bus and gets disability.
>>
>>44839357
Not really. Lethal storm count is easy to achieve, being able to know what you have to play around is a tangible upside
>>
>>44839597
>Eldrazi becomes the new Tron
hahahahahaahahaha
>>
So, if merfolk has been described for the entirety of last year as "the best tier 2 deck", and now Twin and Bloom are now down to tier 2 (assuming players are willing to sub in kikki-jikki and azusa, respectively), would Merfolk not rise to being tier one? If not, why is merfolk going to be forever be "the best tier two deck" and never be tier one? Having 4 spreading seas main keeps Tron from going out of control, 4 hurkyls and counter-magic in the board deals with most everything else....
>>
>>44839508
Basically impossible

If he's desperate to work for cardgames, its basically just being a columnist for CFB or something. Join the pro circuit, make a name for yourself in the community, transition that into people paying you to write about decks
>>
>>44839594
Street wraith isn't playable
>>
>>44839594
>could just draw you a card for 2 life and it still would be played
It would be a Street Wraith that you can counter
People really overestimate the value of trading a card in your hand for the top card of your deck. Those 4 slots could just be good cards instead.
>>
>>44839608
You're still most likely gonna have to consistently perform well at tournaments or otherwise build up interest for the game through draft or constructed videos, and you also most likely don't get to keep much if any of the money you actually win at tournaments.

Also, I'm not sure every or even most pro players even get cards for free from their sponsors or even get their travel expenses paid.
>>
>>44839631
The only reason merfolk was even relevant was because of its favorable twin matchup. Now that nobody will play that, it will just be a slow aggro deck.
>>
>>44839679
A street wraith that triggers prowess and pyromancer

And let's face it whatever those 4 cards are, they're gonna be worse than the other 56.
>>
>>44839572

CS:GO players earn enough to live on too

In fact the top players in that game are grossly overpaid due to the current e-sports goldrush
>>
>>44839620
I didn't say it would replace Probe
>>
>>44839693
That's the kicker. Two bad seasons and you're either in debt, or they've kicked you off the sponsored team.
I don't think it's impossible. Run a small trader online card store as a job, do draft and unboxing videos and articles to try and get dem sweet youtube dollars or whatever. Grind fnms for boosters or whatever. It would be extremely hard work for not much reward, but I think it's possible to do.
>>
>>44839656
>>44839656
Tell that to ML dredge.
Also, SW doesn't up your storm count, or trigger prowess, or trigger Young Pyro, or doesnt [fill in other relevant trigger of your choice], which is relevant for the decks who would play a card like that in the first place.

>>People really overestimate the value of trading a card in your hand for the top card of your deck. Those 4 slots could just be good cards instead.

Well, duh, I'm talking about combo/storm/dredge decks that abuse the free draw effects, not monogreen stompy or something.

My point is pretty much that the impact of free cards that replace themselves are always difficult to predict on formats, and the way anon proposed the card didn't seem well thought out at all.
>>
>>44839631
It depends on the metagame. Tron and Affinity is still not a great matchup for the deck, and I'm not sure what the Eldrazi matchup is like
>>
>>44839730
What slot would it replace? Drawing a random card isn't worth a card
>>
>>44839743
That is unless your precense on the team means good PR in itself. Someone like LSV could probably perform poorly for years and still bring in revenue to ChannelFireball through his draft videos.
>>
>>44839795
Something ELSE do I look like a storm player to you GOD
>>
>>44839775
In manaless dredge and belcher, yes you need those effects because the rest of your cards are pretty redundant. Storm combo doesn't need a spell that just cycles. Pyromancer delver might care, but a hand that's 2 fetches, 3 probe effects 2 disruption effects is already unkeepable. Having perfect information is a tangible upside, being able to pitch to force of will is an upside. "It draws you a random card from your deck" is only a tangible upside in doomsday. Triggering pyro/mentor is alright, but outside of that it's a do nothing card
>>
>>44839795
if you only want to play the 20 good cards in your deck it just means you play 56 cards
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 223x310
>>44839341
We already sort of have that, you daft nigger.
>>
>>44839848
I am a storm player. I'm telling you, i would not cut anything to play a do nothing cantrip.
>>
>>44839886
well you daft doublenigger that draws you a card NEXT turn doesn't it
>>
>>44839884
So yeah great in belcher, manaless and oops. Or any random tier2 deck.
>>
>>44839887
Same here, probe lets me know if it's safe to drop an Electromancer and go off the next turn or if I need to go off in response to removal via a ritual. It also lets me see hate cards and most importantly Spell Snare, since it hit's all of my gas and engines.
>>
So is the general consensus here that there is no hope for the Modern format?

If Control going to be land destruct + pillowfort to beat tier 1 blitz aggro and urzatron decks, seems kinda ironic to me. Wizards is so dead-set on killing blue because it's not a "fun" color that control players are getting shoehorned into running prison decks.
>>
>>44835625

>scapeshift tier 1

why? doesn't it lose to uninteractive fast decks like burn, infect and affinity, who just lost a tough matchup in Twin? If anything, Scapeshift feels like it'll be weaker than before.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 400x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 400x369
>>44839909
That's why I said "sort of."

To answer your original question it would be busted af
>>
>>44839350

>avoid them like the plague

dude, i'd love to play at those lgs. seems like it'd be real easy to win tournaments with a nice speedy deck.
>>
>>44840017

>WotC originally banned scapeshift but let Twin be legal
>now it's the opposite

do they have any idea what they're doing?
>>
>>44840017
OP is a moron, and therefore can be safely ignored.
>>
>>44839867
>storm doesn't need a card that draws and increases storm count without costing mana

Uh... What?
>>
>>44839341

>Gitaxian Probe
>>
>>44840193
reed tha thrad
>>
>>44839341
Makes every deck in the game a 56 card deck. A buff to any deck with snapcaster mages. Would promptly be banned from all formats for similar reasons mental misstep was.
>>
>>44840184
Lethal storm count is not a limiting factor, not getting enough mana is
>>
>>44840229
MM was banned because it was the best answer to itself. 0 mana draw a card is just card velocity, not really similar at all
>>
>>44835625

>3 of the "tier 1" decks fold to LE
>Le isn't tier 2 at least
>>
>>44839656

>played by 2 legacy decks and a modern one
>not playable
>>
>>44840406
Being able to play 56 cards in your deck is not negligible. However, I'm still not certain that every deck would choose to play it. After all, not every deck plays Street Wraith and Gitaxian Probe, and that's not only because they cost life, but also because they make it much harder to evaluate your start hands. If your start hand consist of one land, two three drops, two four drops, and two free cantrips, do you keep it?
>>
>reprint splinter twin in modern masters 2
>ban it half a year later
>>
>>44840516
2 life isn't negligible, I would take a 0 life cantrip starter over a 2 life cantrip starter
>>
so what decks are in good position to slay the coming RG Tron / Eldrazi / Infect overlords
>>
>>44840593
Twin

o shit wait uhh Puresteel Cheeri0s storm
>>
File: 083893763363.jpg (35 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
083893763363.jpg
35 KB, 200x285
>>44840593

le red deck wins
>>
>>44840593
Eldrazi will not be anyone's overlord. It's just going to be a decent tier 2 deck.
>>
>>44840390
Then a card that draws you toward more action without costing any mana sounds like a perfect solution to that problem, doesn't it?
>>
>>44840665
Only the times that it draws you into rituals.
>>
>>44840639
Kind of like Merfolk, huh?
>>
>>44840624
I played against one of those on Xmage the other day.
I just IoK'd his Paladins away and he did nothing for the rest of the game.
>>
>>44840788
that's how it goes

sometimes you can get a reasonably big myth realized or some glint hawk beatdown in
>>
>>44840593
The deck with the best Waifu
>>
Has anyone tried making an eldrazi deck with Urza lands?
>>
>>44840932
Why would you do that? If you're playing the Urza lands you might just as well play Tron finishers like Karn. The upside of the Eldrazi deck is that it has lands that acts like City of Traitor and Mishra's Workshop without having to assemble a set of them beforehand.
>>
I'm just going to keep playing Kiki Combo. I've been playing the deck so long that even though the ban definitely hurts I think I can still make it work just as well. Only about 40% of my wins were from the combo anyway. The ban just makes me have to play a bit better. Probably add an extra Cryptic Command to my list.
>>
>>44840932
When you aren't depending on stuff like Eldrazi Temple for ramp why limit yourself to one tribe and not just use the best cards available.
In other words you would be better off playing GR Tron.
>>
>>44840732
And by effectively making your deck 4 cards smaller, you're statistically more likely to do so.
>>
>>44840920
UR Delver?
>>
File: 1446892642557.jpg (144 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1446892642557.jpg
144 KB, 682x600
>>44839886
>>44839909
Kek
Mfw this exchange
>>
Does this deck save us from GR Tron? Should I make the entire sideboard dedicated to stopping aggro?

4 Fulminator Mage
4 Stone Rain
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Molten Rain
4 Boom // Bust
4 Crumble to Dust
4 Sowing Salt
4 Desperate Ritual
1 Pyretic Ritual
4 Snapcaster Mage
4 Steam Vents
4 Scalding Tarn
3 Island
4 Ghost Quarter
8 Mountain
>>
>>44841253
just play infect
>>
>>44841253
>>44841266
Or burn
>>
Honestly I'm going to continue playing Twin with Kiki and just dedicate more sideboard to my bad matchups and more sideboard against tron and burn.
Flashfreeze, Anger of the Gods, Sowing Salt, Molten Rain
>>
>>44841253
Boom/Bust with Ghost Quarter is enough to shut down tron's first plan. Now you have to figure out how to kill them before they can just fairly cast karn.
>>
>>44841326

Cheer up Twin and Bloom players, here's a specisalt decklist just for both of you:

Creature (24)
4x Basalt Golem
4x Salt Road Ambushers
4x Salt Road Patrol
4x Salt Road Quartermasters
4x Saltfield Recluse
4x Saltskitter

Land (28)
14x Salt Flats
14x Saltcrusted Steppe

Sorcery (4)
4x Saltblast

Artifact (4)
4x Basalt Monolith
>>
>>44841447
Pretty funny. It'll be even funnier this time next year when I can offer this to Tron players.
>>
>>44841417
Just use Boom // Bust in Goblins
>>
Hey guys

Complete newbie here and got a couple of questions.

I'm trying to get into magic through xmage. what format should a beginner like me be playing? kind of confused with all these formats.

Also, what is the absolute easiest deck for a beginner like me to learn how to play with?
>>
I think this eldrazi deck style will only top at tier 1.5 and that's if it gets some more love in Shadows over Innistrad.
>>
>>44841417
Its simple, cast land destruction every turn until they run out of lands and then they lose to mill because of crumble and salt.
>>
NOT A SINGLE CARD THAT SPIKED IN PRICE RECENTLY IS PLAYED IN TWIN OR AMULET BLOOM
>>
>>44841570
Standard is overly expensive and will rotate out fairly fast, modern requires a bit more knowledge of interaction and game play.

I'd recommend doing some drafts cause they are fairly cheap and moderately fun, however if you want to build a modern deck, cheap and easy should be what you are looking for, try infect.
>>
>>44841447
Honestly I'm not even upset about the ban. I could switch to Scapeshift if I wanted for like $150 or just sub in Kiki and continue playing Twin. It's really not that big of a hit to the deck because I only combod off about 40% of the time and turn 4 combod only about 25% of the time.
>>
>>44841570
You'll want to start with a small card pool, e.g., draft. Modern's card pool is very, very big. It's a more expensive but non-rotating format; cards you use never go out of style unless they get banned.

Go here for the current modern lists.
mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Watch videos online a deck you're interested in. Since you're new, pick up Infect or Burn. The latter is harder to master.
>>
>>44839508
There's not enough money in mtg unfortunately except the way that >>44839608 said. Your mate would be better of playing Hearthstone or some other streamable eSports title.
>>
>>44841641
Unless you happen to have a lot of Modern staples from previous drafts or Standard seasons, or have just made a good amount of money from trading those away.

When I decided to get into Modern I realized that I already had already pulled playsets of all the most expensive cards in drafts.
>>
Should I buy Ad Nauseam? Please respond
>>
>>44841727
Yes.

I hope it turns out to be a terrible investment so that you learn to not ask others for financial advice.
>>
>Tron and B/x Eldrazi are emerging threats in the format
>Blood Moon will become a very important sideboard card
>Any other non R/x deck will be hated out by proxy

So I should just build fucking burn then, shouldn't I?
>>
>>44841611
This.
>>
>>44841780
wew lad i have a job
should have asked what are the good/bad matchups other than of course infect

other option is to build the epic skillful memedeck that is burn
>>
>>44839775
ML dredge (or non-vintage dredge) isn't a deck. So "good for you".
>>
>>44841782
You could build affinity.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (16 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
16 KB, 223x311
Brb making this format gr8 again
>>
>>44841727
Its an underrated deck. Can easily 4-0 an FNM with it if you play it well.

Its best matchups are twin (rip), tron, most blue control decks, and aggressive decks besides affinity and infect. Worst matchups are black green midrange decks and infect. Anything else is 50/50 or very close to it.
>>
>>44841995
thanks senpai
>>
Whelp, ordered most of the stuff I need for Junk, finally making the switch over. Missing a few of the fetches and a Twilight Mire though, I'll wait for a reprint to get them. Prefer Jund but Junk is better right now and I can't play Twin

>>44841727
Yes its a decent tier 2/3 deck and if you don't see it coming it'll eat you
>>
File: magic bait 2.jpg (29 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
magic bait 2.jpg
29 KB, 375x523
>>44841855
>epic skillful memedeck that is burn
I'm not gonna bite
>>
>>44841875
Okay buddy.
>>
now that the pressure is off to be able to win or stabilize before T4 do you think wildfire can be a deck? ramp up to 6 with mana rocks and drop wildfire ~T3-4 to set opp back and fuck face with prime time or something else with 5+ toughness that can survive a 2nd wildfire
>>
File: eye_reasonably_small_400x400.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
eye_reasonably_small_400x400.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>>44841611
>>
So what do we think is the DCI's plan going forward when the PT ends up being a shit show?

Besides emergency unbanning Twin or banning Tron, how are they realistically going to react to blue outright not appearing and graveyard decks being rapidly hated out?
>>
File: ayyyyyy.jpg (432 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyy.jpg
432 KB, 2048x1152
What kinda deck u want?
Just meme my shit up senpai
>>
>>44842251
I wonder more how you will react when your doomsaying turns out to be completely wrong.
>>
>>44841963

Just ordered mine a couple of days ago, along with blue staples like Serum visions and the like. I primarily just really wanted to play a combo deck that's completely under the radar, but I just realized that uninteractive decks that will thrive in a post-twin environment
>>
>>44842241
YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT THOUGH

SPLINTER TWIN, CRYPTIC, SNAPCASTER, AMULET, PRIME TIME, SUMMER BLOOM, PACTS, HIVE MIND, NONE OF THESE CARDS ROSE IN PRICE WHILE THE REST OF THE FORMAT WAS EXPLODING
>>
File: oranguta.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
oranguta.gif
2 MB, 250x188
Should I add any of these to the Vicious Cycle intro deck?
>World Breaker
>Birthing Hulk
>Kozilek's Shrieker
>Havoc Sower
>Elbrus the Binding Blade
>MORE Blisterpods
>>
>>44842288

Interesting deck. I was thinking of going with this or loam pox.

How do you fight against GY hate?
>>
>>44842375
physically batter the other player, get DQd and banned.
>>
File: DD20153012_icon.jpg (153 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
DD20153012_icon.jpg
153 KB, 768x432
So how about Loam Pox? Can it be viable now? It always looked fun to play.
>>
>The pair of M15 Urborgs I had lying around are now $22 each

Yup, it's time to leave this game.
>>
>>44842478
If you want to play Loam, pick up Legacy Dredge. Faster, more powerful, and it's in a better format for only $500 max.
>>
>>44842478

It's in a tough position if Bx Eldrazi really catches up
>>
>>44842478
Eldrazi maindecks 4 Relic of Progenitus and 2 Scrabbling Claws or Nihil Spellbomb. You might have a bad time.
>>
>>44842508
Ghost Quarter and Pox their shit, dont bother with the Loam Engine if there's a relic out?

>>44842501
Or just play Legacy Loampox?
>>
>>44842501
>>44842478
Or legacy loam pox. Dark Depths/Thespian stage is bretty gud.
>>
File: e0874e7851[1].jpg (62 KB, 770x364) Image search: [Google]
e0874e7851[1].jpg
62 KB, 770x364
at least you can enjoy the drops in price of lands for a bit
>>
>>44842501
>>44842539
>>44842593
Not everywhere has a Legacy scene. Even without counterfeits most players are too stupid to access them whether by willful ignorance, sloth, or simply lack of a credit card.

I don't know how we can justify suggesting people play Legacy or even Modern to anybody else. You'd have to be completely retarded to pick up either of those formats in the past two years what with the way prices have been and the flagrant no-fucks-given by Wizards.
>>
>>44842375
the only deck that reliably packs graveyard hate in modern is tron, and I need to get lucky to beat them anyway so it's a nonissue

100% vs affinity in games 2 and 3
highly favored vs burn because of extra sb gnaws
golgari charm and slaughter games from sideboard are also powerful

give it a spin, it's a ton of fun.
feedback appreciated
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 252x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 252x354
Which Gatewatch cards are expected to make an impact on Modern? I'm eager to give this baby a shot as a one-of seventeenth land in my affinity deck.
>>
>>44842629
holy shit I joked to myself that tarns would drop in price and then laughed at my own joke
>>
>>44842655
All of the people I play with regularly treat the game equally much as an investment as a game. They spend a great deal of time learning and understanding the metagame of formats and use that knowledge to predict which cards will rise in value in the future.
>>
>>44842655
Legacy on MTGO is probably the best place to play. It's cheaper too.
>>
Hi, I want to get into modern one day. Could someone tell me the pros and cons of a deck like Jacob Wilson's Wilted Abzan deck from PTFRF? I know its not T1, but none of the decks I like are.
>>
>>44841611
>>44842337
>what is Scalding Tarn?
>>
>>44842754
A land that was guaranteed to go up no matter what happened.
>>
>>44842739
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern/developing-competitive-modern/596576-abzan-liege-wilted-abzan-liege-rhino
>>
File: sphere-of-safety[1].jpg (86 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
sphere-of-safety[1].jpg
86 KB, 620x400
How's this for a deck?

2x Blind Obedience
2x Celestial Colonnade
2x Detention Sphere
2x Flooded Strand
2x Ghost Quarter
4x Ghostly Prison (CHK)
2x Greater Auramancy
4x Hallowed Fountain
4x Island
2x Leyline of Sanctity
2x Luminarch Ascension
2x Mana Leak
2x Narset Transcendent
2x Cryptic Command
2x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
2x Path to Exile
6x Plains
3x Runed Halo
2x Serum Visions
1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
3x Sphere of Safety
1x Sphinx's Revelation
1x Starfield of Nyx
2x Supreme Verdict
1x Teferi's Moat
2x Wall of Omens

Sideboard:
2x Leyline of Sanctity
1x Chalice of the Void
2x Mana Leak
2x Nevermore
2x Stony Silence
3x Suppression Field
2x Supreme Verdict
1x Teferi's Moat
>>
>>44842802
prison is bad just play fish or something
>>
>>44842725
why not try it, it seems that has potential
>>
>>44842739
>good against discard (wilt-leaf leige and smiter)
>lingering souls is really good
>gavony township is good
>best colors for sideboarding
>decent clock (probably T5 or 6 on a good draw idk for sure tho)
>easy to play
>>
>>44842629
You are aware of the ridiculousness of saying that the price of a card, which has been somewhere in the range of $100+ dropping to whatever the fuck it is now, perhaps actually $100, is indicative of a reprieve?

And paying $40 for a digital game piece on a broken piece of software is hardly any different.

>>44842735
I personally just think it's disgusting that we need to do that for a game - metagaming the price of our game pieces. As much as I love doing shit like that I don't like how shitty it makes all of us. I hate that it is actually an inhibitor to playing games and that we can't have something as simple as ease of access and have to resort to counterfeits.

I mean, nothing else that I do has this fucking barrier to access something. If I need gloves, I can go buy them because their value is fair for the outdoor activity I will use them for. If I need trekking poles I'll just buy them.

But when I want to buy some cards, I see they're $60 a piece and it does not translate into sufficient entertainment value. Like, it blows my mind seeing people with dozens of EDH decks. They only play them a couple times yet they contain thousands of dollars spent.
>>
>>44842786
And that dropped right after the bannings.
>>
>>44842850
oh, forgot to mention that non-tier 1/2 strategies get a huge benefit by not having dedicated sideboard hate for your deck most of the time.
>>
>>44842725
>Reality Smasher
>Thought Knot Seer
>Matter Reshaper
Bx eldrazi is looking berty gerd
>>
>>44842851
>I don't like how shitty it makes all of us
Making a profit from something you enjoy does not make you shitty.

>have to resort to counterfeits.
We don't.

>it does not translate into sufficient entertainment value
So just don't play the game then?
>>
>>44842795
Thanks anon.
Why was this deck never called Siege Liege? Thats seems like the obvious name to me.
>>
>>44842885
>Thought-Knot Seer already at $15
>Kozi's Return at $24
>Nissa will stay around $20 due to Standard
>Reality Smasher and Matter Reshaper going up as we speak

Actually considering to buy a Fat Pack or Box due to the increased EV of this set now.
>>
>>44842987
I'm not convinced on Nissa. She's like a way shittier Gideon for one less mana.
>>
>>44842987
>3 mana Pyroclasm with little to no upside for $24

Just fuck my game up, familia.
>>
>>44843033
>Little to no upside
>Instant speed

Thats a fuckton of upside.

Consider the fact that it also triggers once you cast Ulamog. Its as if the card was made for Tron.
>>
>>44842795
Thanks anon.
Why was this deck never called Siege Liege? Thats seems like the obvious name to me.
>>
File: 157[1].jpg (86 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
157[1].jpg
86 KB, 312x445
>>44843051
Being instant speed is only an upside if you have a choice between that spell or another when it matters most. Tron is a deck that casts big dumb things at sorcery speed. It has zero use for an instant unless it's good when played at sorcery speed. My fucking god the average Modern player doesn't even know why instants are so good.

Or perhaps you think 3 mana Pyroclasms at instant speed are a new thing.
>>
>>44843051
>>44843033
Also it's colorless, meaning it can be found with Ancient Stirrings and can kill Etched Champion.
>>
>>44842906
There is no profit. People think there is profit but not for the time invested.

You have to sit there, research shit, negotiating trades with people, buying tonnes of shit online, picking that stuff up from the post office, sorting it, packaging it and selling it back to people online if local demand is non-existant, so on and so forth. All this, gets in the way of playing the game, especially when you have to sit there and haggle with fucking people. See, people don't carry what they want on a list, which means the people with the cards have to sit there and watch as they browse your offerings. If people made it easy and carried around a fucking list of what they wanted and/or what they have, then it would be a quick and easy thing to make an exchange.

The moment someone wanted me to throw in a sweetener to balance the inequality of $2 in my favor on a trade worth over $100 I just said, fuck it. I'm all for the fairness of a deal but I'm not going to get my balls in a twist over two fucking dollars; I don't give a fuck if those two dollars add up over time, it isn't worth my time to watch you pick out two dollars worth of shit.

For a stock all I have to typically do is read up on some shit. This is why counterfeits are awesome, you pay a reasonable price, and you get your product and immediately get to playing.
>>
>>44842987
What's the value for Eldrazi Displacer? I got a promo and I'm curious what it might be worth.
>>
>>44843102
How about finding Karn, Ugin, Wurmcoil, Oblivion Stone, or what the fuck ever Tron runs too. EVERYTHING in that deck can kill Etched Champion.
>>
>>44843157
No shit, but those aren't 2-3 mana sweepers. You're the one who made the Pyroclasm comparison, I'm pointing out how Return is better than that for Tron.
>>
>>44843114
>All this, gets in the way of playing the game
It really doesn't. The trading part is something you do inbetween rounds or after the event. If you're trading to build an actual deck then it's a long term project, not something you do right before the tournament you're about to attending. That's a doomed prospect.

>the inequality of $2 in my favor on a trade worth over $100
Don't trade with people like that. It's really that simple.
>>
>>44839137
I hope so, got my elemental combo deck all together
>>
>>44843209
Please stop acting like mana costs are relevant when talking about Tron. You can cast Karn off the same number of land you can cast Kozilek's Return off. And you don't NEED to kill the fucking Etched Champion right here and now. A turn 2 Pyroclasm will do much more for you than a turn 3 Pyroclasm because it'll get his creature count down faster. Affinity can kill on turn 3. If he's on the play, you can be dead before you can cast Kozilek's Return. Meanwhile Pyroclasm could've saved your black ass the turn before.
>>
>>44843142
About $4-5 at the moment. Might rise in prize in the future if it sees play in Standard, which it might very well do, especially when the last parts of Tarkir block rotates.
>>
>>44841538
>>44841665
No hard feelings, it's really just a salty joke, I very much rather had to deal with Twin than freackin Tron with Karn on a high horse exiling my stuff and now Newlamog Fuuuck my life
>>
>>44843276
Mana costs are relevant in Tron though not in a concentional sense. Karn is a great card in Tron because 7 mana is exactly what you have access to after accessing Tron. Ugin is not quite as excellent as 8 is a very awkward spot on Tron's curve, though the card itself is very strong.
>>
>>44843276
Karn could kill the champion, and then just sit there while the rest of the artifact creatures attack for the win. A guy I play with all the time plays highly tuned GR tron and he sides ou the Karns against affinity because single target removal is so bad.
Mana costs actually are relevant sometimes. It may be hard to believe, but tron doesn't always go T1 mine T2 plant T3 tower. If you knew you were against affinity and didn't have natural tron in your opening hand, Return/Pyroclasm looks a lot better than Wurmcoil or Ugin.
>>
>>44843280
According to TCG mid though, foils are going for around $15-20. So I'm wondering what this means for promo foils?
>>
>>44843219
Building a deck should not be a long-term project. The reality that it's often a long-term project is because you can't just buy the stuff because you rationally don't want to pay a billion dollars for cardboard.

If I decided tomorrow that I wanted to be a mountain biker I can go to any retailer online or brick and mortar and rig myself up for much less than it costs for a Modern deck and I'll be ready to go in a timely manner. The "long-term" aspect of it is actually practicing riding the bike. This is true of pretty much everything; except Magic. I can put in an order for counterfeits and get them in 2-3 weeks. It's timely, affordable, and I can get started on getting good just like a regular activity.

When I go out to play Magic, I want to be playing Magic between rounds of playing Magic or bullshitting about Magic. I don't want to be negotiating the price of a tire pump with people in the middle of a mountain biking trip.
>>
>>44843413
Promo foils are generally worth less than regular foils. People don't like the date stamps.
>>
File: scapeshift.jpg (91 KB, 963x378) Image search: [Google]
scapeshift.jpg
91 KB, 963x378
>>44842629
>Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom
>>
>>44843443
>People don't like the date stamps

What kind of faggots are these?
>>
>>44843376
>Karn could kill the champion, and then just sit there while the rest of the artifact creatures attack for the win
Well lucky for you that turn 2 you can cycle a star to cast Pyroclasm before dropping Karn turn 3.
>>
>>44843437
>Building a deck should not be a long-term project.
That is exactly what it's supposed to be. The idea that you spend years perfecting your list because you need to find the people who have the cards you need and are willing to trade for them is far closer to Garfield's initial vision of the game than you simply buying your entire list from SCG or CF.
>>
File: 635032485515996994.jpg (75 KB, 540x385) Image search: [Google]
635032485515996994.jpg
75 KB, 540x385
Nettle sentinel looks like an owl on a branch
>>
>>44843486
thats kinda unsettling
>>
File: tumblr_njgu8cNyAK1txw5huo1_1280.jpg (156 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njgu8cNyAK1txw5huo1_1280.jpg
156 KB, 640x640
>>44843458
They're pretty ugly in my opinion with the date obscuring part of the art work, there's zero added value to those promos for me.

Then again, I usually only take promo foils if they feature alternate art. That way, they feel more special to me.

But to each his own, I guess.
>>
>>44843481
If that's your idea then we'll agree I think that is a shit vision/reality and you think that's a fine vision/reality.
>>
>>44843481
This'd be great if the game hadn't been around for 20+ years. I don't think Garfield expected lots of people to have $1000+ decks.

As is trying to play anything remotely competitive is a pain, especially if you live in a remote area. I mean sure one could simply not play the game, but it's a fair critique and something I really wish WotC would address moreso.
>>
File: Good Goyim.jpg (120 KB, 829x881) Image search: [Google]
Good Goyim.jpg
120 KB, 829x881
Hope you've already built your modern decks.
>>
File: 1452703857563.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452703857563.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>44842929
Because in todays world of serious Magic, everything has to be clinically analyzed, meta'd and labelled to death. Let alone having room for inventive deck names such as:
>Abzan Midrange
>Dark Jeskai
>Naya Aggro

I wish for the days of names like Coco Puffs, Catfish or The Rock.
>>
>>44843590
Dropping this game so hard.
>>
>>44843540
As much as I like the alternate art of some of the older FNM promos I can't bring myself to playing them because of that stupid FNM stamp in the text box.
>>
File: shushhhh.jpg (43 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
shushhhh.jpg
43 KB, 323x450
>>44843540
Shiniest promo coming through
>>
>>44843593
>dark Jeskai

"Azban midrange" is boring, but shit like this pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>44843584
>I don't think Garfield expected lots of people to have $1000+ decks
He didn't. He thought that people would buy maybe one starter and a few boosters and that would be it. This was why he included cards that he knew were completely broken because he expected there to be maybe one of them in a group of fifteen players so to most people their existence would be a myth.

He's also said that he did see it as a remote possibility, though not very likely, that people would buy hundreds of boxes in an attempt to open those broken cards but that he didn't mind that happening either as that would mean that he would have made a lot of money from his card game.
>>
>>44843593
Collected Company elf deck should have been "You go Elf CoCo". But thats just me being a normie
>>
>>44835625
>put Splinter Twin in Modern Masters as a mythic
>then ban it
Nothing really changed back from back then, when it was acceptable.

Also, I dislike them banning two combo decks. They really do only want midrange and aggro decks in this format. Fuck them.
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 265x370
>>44843638
It's because "Jeskai Black" may be seen as disparaging against African Americans simply for including the word black. It's like the astrophysicist who was called racist for lecturing on black holes because he couldn't answer why there aren't also "white holes."

Wizards needs you to think of the empowered qomyn and minorities who are the new target focus of the game. They would like you to check your privilege, you patriarchal oppressor.
>>
File: 13979799987187.gif (534 KB, 500x573) Image search: [Google]
13979799987187.gif
534 KB, 500x573
>>44843593
>The Rock
Back in the day this was THE DECK I wanted to build above all other decks.

Then we hit the Memerhino Summer followed by Twinfag Winter and Amulet Bloom buyouts. My asshole is still recovering from the pounding.
>>
>>44843590
> mfw traded my Champions Kiki-Jiki a week ago for a Thoughtseize
>>
>>44843784
but it wasn't a mythic
>>
>>44843593
Naya Aggro is always just Burn with different colors, and if it runs creatures then just call it Zoo.

Or how about Naya Deck Wins?
>>
>>44843820
Just opened a Kiki-Jiki in a Champions draft. Feels good.
>>
>>44843590
>Urborg
>Academy Ruins
Fucking hell, I paid $0.50 for those when they came out.

Oblivion stone was like $5.

Ravager was the most expensive at $10.
>>
>>44843799
> [citation needed]
>>
>>44839547
I think it's going off how the art of Grizzly Bears has two bears on it. If anything you should be upset that Grizzly Bears isn't:

2GG

Creature - Bear

When Grizzly Bears enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 green bear token onto the battlefield.

2/2
>>
>>44843590
> tfw I have 3 Oblivion Stones opened from packs
> no clue what they were worth until someone pointed it out to me
>>
>>44843593
I'm just going to call the Eldrazi Processor decks "INS". They exile (deport) cards (mexicans) and then process only a few back (allow a few to immigrate back).

Abzan should be Safari Zone, since you're killing rhinos

>>44843590

>Eye of Ugin is 40
>bought it when it was 20 and felt ripped off
>Inkmoth at 30
>bought it at 8
>Ravager is 50
>bought it at 18
>Thoughtseize is budget IoK
>Ancient stirrings is a $5 common
>>
File: 8.99 each.png (6 KB, 479x193) Image search: [Google]
8.99 each.png
6 KB, 479x193
>>44842488
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 312x445
Hey guys so I heard this dude is a big deal now?
>>
>>44844622
No, when we say Karn we mean this one.
>>
So I played mono red goblins on Friday in my first modern tournament and I got beat out in round one, 3 to 5. So ive splashed in some blue and ive won a bunch of casual games in the last couple days. But id appreciate some suggestions or advice on improvements.
Land:
1 looming spires
1 radiant fountain
1 skyline cascade
2 shivan reef
2 swiftwater cliffs
2 islands
11 mountains

Creatures:
2 goblin arsonist
2 goblin bushwhacker
4 foundry street denizen
2 goblin piledriver
1 krenko mob boss
2 goblin chieftain
2 legion loyalist

Spells:
2 lava spike
2 dragon fodder
2 hordeling outburst
2 krenkos command
4 goblin grenade
4 lightning bolts
1 essence backlash
1 dispel
1 index
2 hydrosurge
1 curse of the bloody tome
1 ice cage
1 talent of the telepath
1 clutch of currents
1 disperse
1 turn/burn

Artifact:
Dragons claw
>>
>>44844802
Hi, this is what goblins usually looks like in modern, no need for blue

Creatures (26)
2 Frenzied Goblin
2 Goblin Piledriver
3 Mogg Fanatic
3 Mogg War Marshal
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Guide
4 Legion Loyalist

Instants (7)
3 Atarka’s Command
4 Lightning Bolt

Sorceries (8)
2 Dragon Fodder
2 Krenko’s Command
4 Goblin Grenade

Lands (19)
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Stomping Ground
4 Copperline Gorge
4 Wooded Foothills
7 Mountain
Sideboard (15)
1 Mogg Fanatic
1 Goblin Piledriver
1 Tin Street Hooligan
1 Atarka’s Command
3 Destructive Revelry
1 Rending Volley
1 Dismember
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Grafdigger’s Cage
2 Blood Moon
>>
>>44843590
The price in modern decks compared to last year increased fucking hard. I just got forced to finished my goblin guide set. Smh senpai. Will they ever reprint these things? ;-;
>>
>>44844840
I cant afford a lot of those cards, kinda hence the blue spells to clear the way for a bunch of goiblins to swing at once
>>
>>44844922
I expected a GG reprint in MM2 and BFZ.

Instead both BFZ and OGW had shit support for goblins, in a Standard format that Goblin Piledriver currently exists in. The best goblin printed in either set isn't even made for a Goblin strategy.
>>
>>44844954

> cant afford a lot of those cards

Welcome to Modern, enjoy your stay
>>
>>44844922
You should have bought them when they were $20. For a playset. A Foil playset.
>>
File: Goblin HOLY SHIT.jpg (45 KB, 540x379) Image search: [Google]
Goblin HOLY SHIT.jpg
45 KB, 540x379
>>44845118
Well apparently there was one point in time last week that a foil set was worth as much as an entire Twin deck.
>>
>>44843590
>Tooth and Nail at $25
>Auriok Champion at $38
I understand the rest, but why these two? Tooth and Nail isn't played in anything and Champion was really good against Twin but gets destroyed by Kozilek's Return.
>>
>>44845084
Thanks for the help chief
>>
Hey fags r8 my newest Affinity build:

Lands (17):
1x Island
4x Blinkmoth
4x Inkmoth
4x Darksteel Citadel
3x Glimmervoid
1x Sea Gate Wreckage

Creatures (24):
4x Ornithopter
3x Memnite
1x Frogmite
4x Signal Pest
4x Vault Skirge
4x Arcbound Ravager
2x Etched Champion
2x Master of Etherium

Artifacts (12):
4x Mox Opal
1x Welding Jar
3x Springleaf Drum
4x Cranial Plating

Spells (7):
4x Galvanic Blast
1x Serum Visions
2x Thoughtcast

Sideboard:
1x Tormod's Crypt
1x Welding Jar
1x Dispatch
2x Thoughtseize
2x Spell Pierce
2x Natural State
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Whipflare
1x Spellskite
1x Blood Moon
>>
>>44845267
Auriok Champion is played in Soul Sisters, but that is like Tier 2.5. I don't play EDH but I bet it's a white staple there. Only explanation.
>>
>>44843894
>denial is not just a river in Africa
>>
File: 1450735104745.png (217 KB, 447x547) Image search: [Google]
1450735104745.png
217 KB, 447x547
>Standard babbies realize theyre being milked harder than ever with the new 2-set rotation
>move to Modern for greener pastures
>prices skyrocket along with panic buying and hype mongering

JUST
>>
>tfw bought Scapeshifts and foil Valakuts years ago
>>
>>44844802
Are you the guy I gave that entire buylist to? What are you doing man?
>>
>>44845431
It's played in B/W Tokens.
>>
>>44845431
BW Tokens went to top 8 in an SCG Open not too long ago. Then speculation started and Champion started going up.

I guess people are trying to hype it up again but Tokens has a terrible matchup against Tron.
>>
>>44842725
Bx eldrazi will always have cards in hand because or legendary lands
>>
>>44845497
Ya man thats me. My lgs is sold out of damb near errythang you suggested for me so i bought what i could and just tried to improvise the rest. Ive got a few more from your list on order but im just trying this with blue in the meantime
>>
>>44845267
T&N is an EDH staple. when I say staple I don't meant "fancy expensive gud spell do much big wow" like 99% of other overcosted jank, I mean a resolved T&N often wins the game.

In modern, there's been some silly speculation about tooth and nail becoming a viable deck. it can consistent goldfish T4 wins, but it folds to literally any interaction at all, including lightning bolt, so the deck is pretty shit, but some numbnuts think that it can replace the T4 combo slot twin left behind. Twin had the resilience to win without it's combo though, so anyone who thinks T&N is a remotely decent replacement is literally retarded
>>
Wtf is a deck that won't break the bank and is under the radar?
>>
>>44845723
U-TRON ALL DAY EVERY DAY
>>
>>44845723

Collected company elves. Your only worries are Cavern of Souls and Heritage Druid
>>
I'm pretty new to the game I want to get into modern. I was looking at twin but that is out of question now probably. What's some deck that's skill intensive? I don't mind if it's tier2 but I want something I can have fun with learning how to play. Just something good enough for fnm.
>>
File: 1448651745008.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448651745008.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>44845738
Isn't that deck a meme?
>>
>>44845723
KIKI Chord.
>>
>>44845766

Grixis Delver
>>
>>44845775
Pretty much. It hovers between T2 and T3
>>
>>44845782
Not that guy, but how is UR delver compared to Grixis for buying in? I wanna upgrade to URx later but leaning W currently, and delver seems fun in the meantime.
>>
>>44845838

Black gives you more options. Grants you some real undercoated threats in Tasigur and Angler, grants you access to Terminate and Murderous Cut, as well as Countersquall from the SB. It's a lot more solid than simple UR
>>
>>44845723
>>44845766
Be a man and play Puresteel Cheerios.
>>
>>44845838
>>44845875
Grixis Delver is so much fun. Plus turn two tasigur is just the best thing ever. Soft against burn though, so be weary of that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.