[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: Icon - M2E.png (200 KB, 216x217) Image search: [Google]
Icon - M2E.png
200 KB, 216x217
Malifaux general, here are some useful links,

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Does anyone actually play the RPG?!

Also has anyone tried the shifting loyalties campaign system? I want to get one going around here using Rusty Alyce + Obliteration things to make a Tara crew.
>>
I actually just started a Shifting loyalties campaign.

So far I'd call it good since I lucked into slapping pneumatic legs on Taelor.

I'm at an impasse as to what to add for next week though.

So far my crew is
Taelor (leader)
Aionus
Void Wretch x2

I'm debating between Friekorps Trapper or Hans.

My master I'm going to add at week 4 will probably be Von Schill.
>>
>>44759218
I'm looking to run the rpg.
That being said the fate masters almanac is pretty lacking when it comes to comprehensive lore. As someone who only has the barest touches from the tabletop game this is an issue. I don't know anything at all about the cult of December or Lucius for instance. I'd be worried about running a game for folks on here in fear of disappointing then with fluff inconsistencies.

From my understanding the fluff is quite dispersed, right? Fiction in magazines and such? The wikis I've run into are just tactics also. Any collected source where I can just read everything about everything (such as the lexicanum for warhammer)?
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (302 KB, 1200x1249) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
302 KB, 1200x1249
>>
So the Snowstorm comes out this month, how is it for general Arcanists use?
>>
>>44764425
Awesome for Rasputina, really underwhelming compared to similar options for most other masters.

If you have a bunch of Frozen Heart, especially models like Acolytes or Rasputina herself who don't want to be engaged, Ice Tornado is ridiculous. If you just want a model to beat guys up, though, there are better options.
>>
>>44764425
For most masters it's hard to justify that 11 soulstones on snowstorm as just a beater when the faction has stuff like H. Langston. Mind you Bullet proof 3 with the Bullet Proof 1 aura can be a massive pita against the right list, and is generally strong versus Guild.

As part of a cult of december crew his extra movement utility swings it and he pulls major weight. T1 alone he can give around 4 friendly models on the start line a 5-8 inch push up with with his ice tornado then wk himself up 6 and teleport a high value model (like the Wk 3 Rasputina) into B2B.
>>
Can anyone offer advice on playing Bag of Props Collodi? I'm having trouble seeing the bigger picture.
>>
>>44764846
>>44764895
Hmm, I'll have to pick it up if I ever pick Raspy.
>>
>>44765638
I guess you're paying 1SS for the benefit of turning several spare AP on a cheap minions into Focus or Defensive +1 on Collodi. Seems legit to give Pull the strings nuke a positive attack flip with all those -1AP triggers and a double positive dmg flip to boot. Better value summons late game with his Extra thread seems like just gravy honestly. But I guess don't load up on the effigies so you can actually summon one.
>>
>>44766222
My guess is its to turn Collodi into a more offensive master. On the plusside, effigies you don't have to hire means more points into Stitched Togethers.
>>
>>44763052
Ye the fluff is chopped up and spread around. As a new player I had big troubles getting any kind of bigger picture. Just from 2nd edition you have 3 books which all contain piecemeal fluff bits AND roughly 20 issues of their magazine with several stories involving major masters spread out inbetween them.

And this is before you realise you need alot of the 1st edition fluff from the 1st ed rulebooks to properly understand what's going on. I think their podcast (which can be found somewhere on their website) is dedicated to reading the old fluff. I can't stand listening to someone else reading though so I guess I'm fucked
>>
Anyone know how teng are game wise?
>>
>>44767570
Tengu
>>
>>44767588
Kind of like TT molemen. They can do the scheme marker hopscotch thing (at Wk 5 with flight), but since their jump is automatic and shorter ranged it's less flexible otherwise.

They've got weak regen instead of armor, which is a point against them, but they can also nuke enemy markers which is a pretty big deal for a scheme runner.
>>
>>44768572
Pretty interesting any good synergy with any TT bosses? Specifically brewmaster?
>>
>>44768766

I can't speak for brewie, but they have synergy with Lynch due to their discard requirement. Load up your hand with aces and recycle them for days!
>>
>>44768809
Interesting, thanks for the replies.
>>
One more question though anyone had any good results with Jack daw? If so what was your load out and crew?
>>
>>44769438
I've heard people speak very highly of Jack Daw, apperently he's (supposedly) one of the stronger masters in the game.

Never seen him or played him though but I'd guess Rusty Alyce (who in this case you should make Tormented and push her into rapid fire range) and rat+wretch activation control are great... like with all outcast masters.
>>
>>44771201
Thanks
>>
>>44769438
I've run him once and it was pretty great. I just took the box with a Convict Gunslinger, Nurse, and a Papa Loco against a Hoffman crew. The gunslinger got tormented and I moved him into rapid fire range where he proceeded to shoot 4 times and RJ damage on the Peacekeeper. JD himself flew up and slapped Hoffman with drowning injustice and Peacekeeper with firing squad, shutting them down.

The guilty and montressor didn't impress, but JD was a blast.
>>
Montressor's pretty terrible.
>>
Dilemma: I want Nurses for Zoraida and Jack, but I'm not hugely interested in Ressers. It's probably still a better deal to grab McMourning's crew, but then I'd feel like I should play him rather than let him gather dust....
>>
Quick question anybody know how somer works?
>>
>>44776386
If it makes you feel better, The flesh construct can be a useful anchor for Leve, and the canine remains can be used by Leve and and Hamlin (through a Nix upgrade)
>>
>>44779198

What about him?
>>
>>44780766
Basically I've heard and seen that he's a heavy summoner boss and I was wondering if there was other ways to run him
>>
>>44779198
>>44781273

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Som'er+Teeth+Jones

Check this out.
>>
>>44776386
And now you see the evil of dual faction and out of faction hires.
>>
>>44782247

I do!
>>
Completely new to curew creation. Have no idea I should prioritise. Just sort of went for models I liked. Anyone wanna give me a crash course?

Guild Crew - 35 - Dustup

Lucius -- 4 Pool

The Scribe [2]
Captain Dashel [9]
Guild Guard [4]
Guild Guard [4]
Guild Lawyer [6]
Guild Rifleman [5]
Guild Rifleman [5]
>>
>>44784086
I ran this list once, it runs plenty well actually. Good numbers for objectives, and none are too valuable so losses aren't tragic.
>>
>>44766222
I would still atleast get the guild one, his healong ability are important to keep colledi in balance.
>>
>>44784086
Try this and afterwards try this with a guild guard less and but upgrades on lucius.
>>
>>44771551
I wouldn't take more than one or two Guilty. They're okay scheme runners with their push, and one is nice so Jack can copy its Share Guilt action to make your favorite beater tormented, but after that there's better stuff.
>>
>>44786804
Notably on the scheme runner front, both Greed and Pride from the Crossroads 7 are pretty good. They've got Wk 6 and their Df triggers and once-per-turn abilities (and Greed's aura) are really punishing against other scheme runners, since those will often be low cost models that might not be worth losing stones or cards to save.
>>
>>44785318
Why would that be better? Isn't lucius best with a bunch of lackies? What upgrades would you suggest and why? Not questioning your judgement. Just wanna understand.
>>
>>44787181
Lucius' sniper upgrade is ace as I recall
>>
>>44787181
Lucius likes a lot of minions but he is still limited by his AP.
I want you to first start with minions giving you a good handle on their abilities without being overwhelmed with too much stuff.
Furthermore most of Lucius abilities make more sense when you played your first game, as you'll learn how important objective are.
When you have played your first game (do read the focus rules and it's interaction with rifleman beforehand), go ahead and add Legalese and Secret Asset to Lucius and Expert Sleuth to Darshel providing more actions, 0 actions and some tricks with objectives.
Upgrades are usually worthwhile to look at granting new playstyle and more abilities.
Lucius Upgrades.
Legalese Is a upgrade focused around the obectives and giving him some immunities.
Secret Asset gives you a ranged attack with grows stronger through scheme marker.
Secret Objectives would give you a melee but does requires a lot of scheme marker.
Suprisingly Loyal is a fun upgrade giving you access to more models ranges and a fun trigger but not recommend yet, unless you have frame for murder on the table and want to pull something fun off.
Useless Duplications might be good if you get shoot or charged off the table too fast.
Watch My Back is good for hitting hard but not required for your crew.
I'll talk about the general upgrades later.
>>
So the dreamer and lord chompy bits box set after getting it what else do you guys think I should get for the crew. Besides teddy
>>
>>44767437
They do have the old books as PDFs for something like 5 or 7$ apiece at drivethruRPG. But yes, release the fluff bible already, Wyrd!
>>
>>44776386
You could try sourcng the metal nurses if you don't mind their goofier, more sexy appearance.
>>
>>44788079
The Dreamer can be played two ways (or more accurate can be focused two ways; as a summoner he might still use the Lord). Either you play him as a support summoner, summoning shit, healing them and fasten them and paralyzing Targets. Or as a fighter making use of Lord Chompy Bites, messing with other models and a stronger focus on paralyzing. (Widow Weaver goes good with him with her WP decrease)
His playstyle focus around mobility, support through healing, buffs or summoning and paralyzing with some opportunity to release Lord Chompy.
For thematic Expansion I'll recommend Widow Weaver for WP decrease and the Teddy for beatstick and another summoning option, otherwise Lelu and Lilu or Insidious Madness are also thematic.
Now to your question.The summoner dreamer can summon Nightmare models which you in this case don't have hired so he works well with rando.
In the other case you might be inclined to hire Nightmare but his support Action which can target minion and Nightmare, cost 1 AP so he'll can max only support three times per turn while his awesome heal heals anyone.
Expansionwise he supports most things good with his abilities but he and his thematic crew focuses on Nightmare and minions.
Get a Teddy/Widow Weaver (Lelu and Lilu/Madness if you prefer them) and play some games at 35 points usually with some experience you'll know what you enjoy
>>
>>44788842
Thank you really appreciate the input
>>
>>44788954
>>44788842
My way of talking gone to shit due alcohol so excuse that
>>
>>44788842
>>44788954
And don't forget Stitched Together! Gamble Your Life is a great attack, and their Hard to Wound + Reactivate combo can be really mean when Dreamer is providing healing.
>>
>>44789467
Yeah they are great but as they haven't received a plastic model yet, I excluded some.
>>
>>44789467
>>44789478
Sounds pretty great. Though that's my one complaint with wyrd games. Their release schedule could be better.
>>
>>44789668
I have a feeling they (misstakenly or not) feel that spacing out their releases makes it much easier to keep people's interest for longer while at the same time not overwhelming the player base.

I personally feel the sweetspot is somewhere between wyrds and gws schedule.
>>
>>44790409
i actually feel the release schedule is not planned by marketing but rather due because they have different people working on different things at the same time.
Another reason for this is actually the wide range of different models they put in each book.
>>
>>44790409
>>44790512
I agree with you both really I mean I can only imagine how many teams they have to have work on the different factions . As well as models focused on the rpg it's definitely a big undertaking. So yeah now that I look at it, it does make sense why wyrd takes a bit.
>>
So anyone got any interesting pieces of lore? Have hints been dropped about who Daw is looking for? Have the guild figured out doc mcmourning messes with corpses?
>>
>>44787635
Holy shit dude, sorry for not responding sooner. I just woke up. Thank you so much. This is very helpful .
>>
Anyone have any advice in relation to this? I'm pretty new and basically winging it.

>>44761407
>>
>>44792822
Trapper is probably a better investment than Hans early on because A: he's cheaper, and B: he can shoot at enemy masters without the enemy being able to just say "nah".

You've got kind of a strange build path though. You picked two henchmen that don't really support each other to build into a master they don't have any real synergy with. If it was me, I'd look at the Viks or Tara to build out of that crew, because that's synergy you've already got (Aionus to Tara, Taelor to Viks). Von Schill wants a crew full of dudes with the Freikorps characteristic, and you'll have at most one of those going into Master week.
>>
>>44792893
Master week is going to be week 4, We just finished up week 1 and are going into 2.

I do have enough scrip to hire a Trapper and a Friekorpsman at the start of week 2.

My build path is strange in part due to necessity, and the other part due to ignorance. I only have Viktorias and Von Schill boxes, plus Vanessa, Convict Gunslingers, Void Wretches, Aionus, Hans, and Desperate Mercs
>>
>>44793085
I'd go Viks with that spread, personally. You have a lot more easy support built in to your existing lists, and Freikorps can fit in anywhere. Von Schill really needs a list built just for him, while the Viks really just want Student of Conflict and Vanessa to do their murder thing.
>>
>>44793128
I'm assuming stick with the Trapper for week 2 though?

I learned the hard way that this list needs some kind of ranged attack.
>>
>>44793405
Trapper is good, yeah. Like I said, you can stick Freikorps in almost any list because they're solid and pretty independent.
>>
File: 1408054755170-2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1408054755170-2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44792391
Reposting best stories.
Also who is the judge? For a while i thought the governor was the judge due to an one-off remark.
What happend in the old book?
My personal list:
Attached is the Event fluff which led to Tara being Outcast/Ressers
Start with 9 and Pretty or all of Issue 12 (inside here is also Barbaros).
I recommend 11 with Bayou Bash, 6 with Formaldehyde Night or 14 with Boozed In The Bayou for a laugh
For more serious stuff 12 with letters of the Breach.
Something about Molly in 7 is also top.
Issue 5. Assassin's Ball is quite good too and Features Lucius and guild politics.
If you like Bittersweet and cliches Issue 11 with the Nature of Souls is also good.
Added Issue 13 has Storm Garden, a cool Ten Thunder Story and a cool guide to painting Dawn Serpent
Issue 5 has a great tutorial for Misaki. Check it out.
Lastly th valentine issue has a great lovestory.
>>44792767
Well I took my sweet time to respond.
If you have any question go ahead and ask, even though I am drunk I'll try to respond within the next two hours.
>>
>>44793808
*new book
Due to military service I haven't gotten it yet.
>>
>>44793808

The Judge is just a competent Death Marshal. Don't think there's anything else to him or his backstory.
>>
>>44794615
Isn't it implied in at least on story that there is a romantic relationship between the judge and Lady J?
>>
>>44795284

Maybe. I haven't read everything as of yet.

Still though, the Judge is a pretty minor character in the grand scheme of things.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.