[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this card exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Reflect__Child_of_Potential.jpg (85 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
Reflect__Child_of_Potential.jpg
85 KB, 500x349
Why does this card exist?
>>
>>44739524
To be fair it did just get nerfed.
>>
>>44739581

How so?
>>
>>44739602
http://fowtcg.com/pdf/errata_20160112.pdf

Reflects (0) can only be used on your turn now, not a huge set back but now Reflect can't start turn 2 with a counter unless you have more than one of his regalia on turn 1.
>>
>>44739524
Because weebs are easy marks.
>>
>>44739647

That is a goddamn blessing.
>>
>>44739915
Yeah it was pretty bullshit otherwise.
>>
>>44739915
Yeah other rulers are now viable again.
I'm thinking of running a Dark Alice or Sylvia aggro deck now myself.

Though me and my roomate have managed to pull two full art stamped R//R's so... I'm honestly not sure yet.
>>
>>44740307
I do dark Alice super discard, it's pretty fun. Spiral of Despair, Seth the Arbiter, Dark Alice's Scorn, Elisabeth, it's really fun.
>>
>>44740356
I have a player set of Cthuga, Rukhs Eggs, and Guinevere so I was thinking those and maybe Little Red (Since I have a play set as well) with Granny and Gwiber for some nice Granny Engine play. Sure I can only do it till September but I think the Sylvia deck has a lot of potential especially if I round it out a bit more.
Hell I could even Bahamut for a little bit if I really wanted to, I think red aggro just sounds like a load of fun, once it dies off I'd probably go over to Dark Alice though.
>>
>>44739524
What does the "J" in "J Ruler" even mean?
>>
>>44740625
Judgement.
When you Flip/Activate them the action is called a Judgement.
>>
>>44740659
Why is it called "Judgement"?
>>
>>44740727
Because it's cool
>>
>>44740745
Pretty much this. It's like an anime form change where they get stronger and have unique effects.
>>
>>44740745
Okay.
>>
So what's a fairly good deck for someone branching out from MtG? Stoneblade in Legacy and Astral Slide in casual.
>>
>>44740847
Un-Fairies. 4 color fairies maining white. Shit's hella good for newbz.

That or Heartless Win Man with the Oz suite and Little Red.
>>
>>44740847
Musketeers. Athos is basically SFM for auras.
>>
>>44739670
>this
>>
>>44739647
>functional errata.
So this card doesn't do what it says on the card that it does? Isn't it kinda confusing for people who want to pick-up and play, and then meet people who know of the errata.
one of the thing mtg does right is only having errata that don't change card functionality, i.e., you still do what it says on the card , the errata only cleans things a bit up.
>>
>>44746223
Better then having a broke ass card dominating the meta.
>>
>>44746223
Welcome to japanese TCGs. The gamedesign is shit and will only get worse from here on out.
>>
>>44746249
Except this game is designed with the US and Italy in mind. In fact it is probably more popular in Italy then Japan. They have people listening to what we say. Even that is more then WotC does.
>>
>>44746249

Magic is shit too sperg.
>>
>>44746272

Magic didn't disintegrate and burn the way Yugiyoh did when it finally couldn't keep up with its own power creep and crashed the meta with no survivors.
>>
File: 49.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
>>44746223
>one of the thing mtg does right is only having errata that don't change card functionality
No, these have still happened in MTG. Pic related, for example.
>>
>>44746268
They are already errataing the card texts and they completely banned an entire ability for being a complete clusterfuck. Once the typical powercreep hits, it'll go to shit in the blink of an eye.

>B-B-but MtG! P9! Fuckups in the early editions!
This isn 1992 anymore. At least man up and ban the card if it's degenerate, changing the fucking card text is idiotic.
>>
>>44746403
They fucked up there and forgot to print "Until EoT".
Yeah, that's a fuckup, undeniably. But the card wasn't designed that way, some retard just forgot to write the relevant card text.
>>
>>44746452
It's still a functional errata.

If you'd like more, go back and look at the power-level erratas. It's a practice they, thankfully, don't do anymore. But there was a time when WotC would intentionally change for a card would work to prevent interactions with other cards from warping formats. Time Vault notoriously received a lot of them.
>>
>>44746439
Life Break isn't banned, there is a format for it, it just isn't really supported. The powercreep came back in A0 and everything except this Ruler have been toned down. Hell, this errata won't really stop R/R from being extremely good and I still expect top 8s to have lots of them, but it gives others a chance. Also if they ban this card all the support cards for it would be useless.
>>
I still don't think the errata was necessary, or at least don't know THIS errata was necessary. Seems like kind of a lazy, crappy way of going about it when there were a lot of other ways they could have modified the card. Changing how the untap ability works, or making judgement cost 1, or even making his flip back ability cost 1 could have all helped without killing him as a combo facillitater, which is all I want out of a ruler at this point.
Also, the card wasn't unbeatable like so many people seem to claim, I know Vlad control still coulf kick the crap out of most incarnations of R/R, people just couldn't wrap their heads around how to play around the slew of abilities it has. And I'm in the camp that functional errata is a bad thing, especially for new players, or people who don't keep up with various groups and sites where the information is dispensed. It's confusing to people when cards do not do what they say they do, and that alienates people.
>>
>>44747144
Wrong. Aggro R/R could wipe the floor against Vlad. Vlad wants to go long and dies to hyper fast aggro like that. Also being able to filter on both turns ened up wasting a lot of time. At the first big tournament most people didn't even get to play 3 games because of it. Some didn't even get 2. I even watched two aggro R/R decks go to time at my locals. No other game has aggro decks that slow.
>>
>>44749643
Then people need to learn their decks before taking them to a major tournament. The reason games ran so bloody long at nats wasn't just because R/R has too many options, it was at least partly because people didn't know their decks well enough to play efficiently. If you want to know what card to filter, learn your deck better. Play test. Get used to what cards you need in what situation. Don't play some deck you know is good but don't have the experience with to play efficiently and effectively.
>>
>>44751330
Doesn't matter when both players are filtering every turn. Even pros went to time.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.