[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is warps spasm? How does it work? What it does?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: SLAINE-SCARS-GN-EXTRA-PETE).jpg (630 KB, 1228x1600) Image search: [Google]
SLAINE-SCARS-GN-EXTRA-PETE).jpg
630 KB, 1228x1600
What exactly is warps spasm? How does it work? What it does?
>>
>>44738113
It's his super form.
>>
File: 2257440-warp_spasm_1.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2257440-warp_spasm_1.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
>>44738132
Is it like rage or what?
>>
>>44738318
It's just something that happens when he goes hard.
>>
>>44738113

"Warp spasm" or "riastrad" is the name given to CĂș Chulainn's famed battle frenzy, which was said to be so powerful that it would twist and warp his flesh with rage, and transform him into a monster who couldn't even recognize his own friends.

Thomas Kinsella translated the following description of the transformation:

"The first warp-spasm seized CĂșchulainn, and made him into a monstrous thing, hideous and shapeless, unheard of. His shanks and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in the flood or a reed in the stream. His body made a furious twist inside his skin, so that his feet and shins switched to the rear and his heels and calves switched to the front... On his head the temple-sinews stretched to the nape of his neck, each mighty, immense, measureless knob as big as the head of a month-old child... he sucked one eye so deep into his head that a wild crane couldn't probe it onto his cheek out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out along his cheek. His mouth weirdly distorted: his cheek peeled back from his jaws until the gullet appeared, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece reached his mouth from his throat... The hair of his head twisted like the tangle of a red thornbush stuck in a gap; if a royal apple tree with all its kingly fruit were shaken above him, scarce an apple would reach the ground but each would be spiked on a bristle of his hair as it stood up on his scalp with rage."

>>44738318

Pretty much, yeah.
>>
File: Lancer2.png (129 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Lancer2.png
129 KB, 500x281
>>44738503
Its like Super Saiyan meets John Carpenter's The Thing. What the fuck Ireland?

And why the FUCK did they leave that out of Fate Stay Night?
>>
>>44738592
He wasn't summoned as Berserker.
>>
>>44738621
...fair enough. Also that would be fucking terrifying.
>>
>>44738592
Because he wasn't summoned as a Berserker, though he does qualify for the Class.
Which of a Heroic Spirit's abilities and gear they get is dependant on their Class, and Cu Chulainn qualifies for EVERY class except Assassin and Archer.
>>
File: 1443328588592.jpg (1 MB, 1700x2338) Image search: [Google]
1443328588592.jpg
1 MB, 1700x2338
>>44738113
The warp is the warp (as opposed to the weft) of a loom. I get the idea of muscles bulging and contracting, displacing bones and tearing sinews.

It is basically Gaelic Hulking out, like a berserk monster mode.

Even if all bones are broken, a hero in warp spasm is a death machine - see Cuculainn's death in the Tain Bo Culaigne.
>>
>>44738672
Does he ever throw Gae Bolg with his foot?
>>
>>44738718
Sadly, no.
In the nasuverse Gae Bolg functions by reversing causality. Essentially, when it is used to its full capabilities, the outcome of "you get stabbed in your fucking heart" causes the event of "he stabs your ass", rather than the traditional arrangement of event leading to outcome. The ONLY way to survive it is with incredible Luck.
>>
>>44738672
Should I bother to play through this h-shit? I like the powers and classes thing.
>>
>>44739053
If you lack the patience, the animes are pretty good. Not fantastic, but definitely worth your time.
>>
>>44739053
There's, if memory serves, three sex scenes over the entire length of the VN. One per route. And they're completely fade-to-blackable. Actually I think there's a patch that does exactly that. I'd kinda recommend it, because Nasu cannot write sex scenes to save his life, though "pounding Tohsaka's defenseless anus" is really fucking funny.
>>
>>44739162

As opposed to a heavily-fortified anus?
>>
>>44739210
Y-you guys don't fortify your anuses?
>>
>>44739210
Kind of why it's funny, bro.
Admittedly, I think Nasu has a thing for anal. Best Girl in Turkeyhandle? Likes anal almost as much as she likes curry. Best Girl in Fate/Stay Night? Likes anal.
>>
>>44739259
Whats more amusing is that she is a virgin, while her sister is the one that fucks like an educated prostitute and the crustiest of fishing harbors
>>
so uhh if I really like the concept and shit, what should I read or watch first? not really too keen on the VNs desu
>>
>>44739328
Well if YOU'D spent that long in that wormpit as Wormslut had...
>>
>>44739381
Honestly?
While I greatly enjoyed the UBW anime, it basically assumes you've read the VN already.
And the older anime was pretty terrible.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.