[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DMing my first episodic (each session is a self-contained story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: GMing.gif (475 KB, 290x199) Image search: [Google]
GMing.gif
475 KB, 290x199
DMing my first episodic (each session is a self-contained story with no real relation to each other) campaign. How does one properly end such a campaign?
>>
Death or an epilogue with the players inputs.
>>
>go on exotic vacation
>spend entire vacation worrying how you're going to describe it to your friends when you get home
>don't actually have any fun on your exotic vacation because you're too worried about how you're going to describe it to your friends when you get home

This is you OP
>>
We do that with our Cthulhu games when everyone cant make it. We just end the session and the players get an epilogue of the effects of their choices which carry over to the next episode.
>>
Forget about making them completely self contained, and have a myth arc.

Good examples of shows that pulled this off:

Justice League Unlimited S1
X-Files

Actually, the JLU is a perfect set up for an episodic campaign, with players dropping in and out at will.

Each monster of the week that they have to deal with should help point them in the direction of the myth arc, and give them knew knowledge. Meanwhile, all players are briefed regardless of participation, because they're in the same organization.
>>
File: 1450893819527.jpg (47 KB, 600x329) Image search: [Google]
1450893819527.jpg
47 KB, 600x329
>>44688307
A box with 4 buttons on that do different coloured explosions.

That is all.
>>
>>44688322
"Bang."
>>
>>44688357
Get out of here, Mac Walters.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B9PAIMvce8
>>
File: SkeletorFag.jpg (31 KB, 371x290) Image search: [Google]
SkeletorFag.jpg
31 KB, 371x290
>>44688342
>OP asks a a question.
>You assume OP is obsessing over it.
>>
File: Spare Track.jpg (235 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
Spare Track.jpg
235 KB, 1600x899
>>44688307
I don't think that scene will ever get old.
>>
>>44689513
Never ever.
>>
>>44688307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAOVxqg49DQ
>>
>>44688307

A letter from the Network, informing the cast and crew that they won't be renewed for another season.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.