[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Modded 3.pf > Only one class with really basic abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: pepeltded.jpg (115 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
pepeltded.jpg
115 KB, 499x618
> Modded 3.pf
> Only one class with really basic abilities
> 50 disciplines
> Manoeuvres that refresh manoeuvres from their own discipline for added variety
> All disciplines require a feat/skills to get started
> No supernatural abilities below lv.10
> All disciplines have non-combat stuff
> Humans are the only major race
> All supernatural beings are just advanced power-users
> No alignment system

Would you play it, /tg/? Would you dm it?
>>
>have you tried not playing D&D.jpg
>>
>>44665979
Why are you even bothering to play 3.pf at that point?
>>
>>44665999
Dat num tho

>>44666026
It's a nice system which is well-established and well thought-out, stifled by caster supremacy. Get rid of that by removing casters without removing the potential for their abilities, and you might have something quite nice.
>>
>>44666071
Yeah, but you're barely using the rule set at all at that point. Plus, there's probably already a system out there that does exactly what you want without all of the work homebrewing it.

You're forcing a system to do something it was never intended to do, and that never works out well.
>>
File: the-time-for-talking-is-over.png (408 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
the-time-for-talking-is-over.png
408 KB, 800x585
>>44666071
>It's a nice system which is well-established and well thought-out
Seriously. Stop. Just play another game. Play a better game. The d20 system is a poorly thought out hash made from the smashed up pieces of legacy D&D games but devoid of all the context and glue that held them together. It is a house made by a man who has chopped apart a perfectly good home and wishes to build a bigger one via only a picture of what a house should look like and his own astonishingly poor understanding of electricity and plumbing.
>>
>>44666985
Also, note that nobody ever goes "I WANT TO MOD SONG OF SWORDS TO BE ABOUT CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE THINGS WHAT IT'S A GOOD SYSTEM."
>>
>>44666026
>>44666985

I'll admit to making a D20 homebrew, using bits and bobs of other compatible games (like using the Thieve's World Massive Damage rules and Reputation, with some of the Black Company's classes, crafting and Sanity rules, alongside E6), and part of the fun is seeing just how you can Frankenstein that shit together.

Its kinda like modding cars - sure, you could go out and buy a sports car, but some people like taking a VW Beetle and ramming a Porsche engine and a spoiler on it, and seeing how fast they can make their own piece of shit.
>>
>>44666071
>"It's a good system if you change everything about it!"
>>
>>44665979
Can we get a pdf?
>>
>>44665979
>> Modded 3.pf
no
>>
>>44667502
>Its kinda like modding cars - sure, you could go out and buy a sports car, but some people like taking a VW Beetle and ramming a Porsche engine and a spoiler on it, and seeing how fast they can make their own piece of shit.
There's nothing wrong with modding cars or modding RPG systems for that matter. By all means, create. If you think you can take a good mechanic from the d20 system and adapt it then by all means, feel accomplished. The point being made is that the d20 system is, itself, a hack job. It is a car that has been taken apart and reassembled by people with only a passing knowledge of what a car looks like. To continue the car analogy, 3e is not a VW Beetle with a fancy engine under the hood. 3e is a vintage Camaro with the engine rusted solid from lack of care and with holes cut in the floor so that you can propel the car with your feet Fred Flinstone style. That people attempt to take this car and "mod" it back to something driveable defies all reason and sense, perhaps it can be done but why?

Play something better. Mod something better. Design your own car/rule system. You'll probably fail and make a piece of junk, but why would you START with a piece of junk and work from there?
>>
>>44665979

Mind if I save that Pepe?
>>
>>44665979
>Would you play it, /tg/? Would you dm it?
I'd give it a try, but, honestly, you get a better result by just using PF, substituting most shit with DSP and substituting the magic system with Spheres of Power.
>>
>>44665979
d20 = nope
>>
File: applause.gif (85 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
applause.gif
85 KB, 320x240
>>44665979
>No alignment system
>>
>>44665979
>no supernatural abilities below 10th
>humans only
>all supernatural beings are just advanced power users

Not on your fucking life. I would run 1000 games before ever being put through this shit by another gm.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.