[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCG creation resources
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: empcharger.png (2 KB, 179x249) Image search: [Google]
empcharger.png
2 KB, 179x249
Hey /tg/, I like to make CCGs as a hobby and I enjoy exploring different themes and mechanics.
However, when I want to prototype a game, I spend a lot of time mocking up frames in GIMP because I'm terrible at image manipulation. I wondered if some kind anon had a library of generic CCG card frames that I could use. I'm just looking for a grey or single colour bar at the top for a name, and a text box at the bottom with a typeline. Does any kind anon have something like that?
Pic related is what I've been using because it's all I'm capable of making. Looks like ass.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>44610070
You want something that works in Magic Set Editor?
>>
>>44612090
No, just something that looks decent with a transparency window that I can put art behind and that's not actually copyrighted material.
>>
>>44612462
I know but, why you dont use MSE?
I think is ok if you use a template for a game made by yourself
>>
>>44612552
I think he's asking where he could find such a template.
>>
>>44612552
>>44612684
I'm looking for something more generic, so if I show it to people they won't go "Why did you recolour a Magic card?" Also, I generally experiment with resource systems so I need more flexibility in terms of presentation of resource mechanics, ie, the Magic card typeline doesn't work as well when your mana system isn't as basic as the colours.
>>
File: card.png (358 KB, 532x722) Image search: [Google]
card.png
358 KB, 532x722
>>44610070
Like this? I made it with PowerPoint and googled images.
You can create templates of your game in MSE that may not be of magic
>>
>>44613357
Do you have a link to a good tutorial on making these templates?
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 535x725) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9 KB, 535x725
>>44613528
I dont. Just download images of what you think would fit in the card. Then put all together with Powerpoint.
This is the card without the images based in your card
>>
>>44613528
I either have a tutoral of MSE template, you may try luck in the forum or read the documentation

http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/forum
>>
>>44610070

That's probably a little too complex for what you want, but:

http://www.cgjennings.ca/eons/index.html
>>
>>44610070

Also, for reference:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/991506/resources-card-game-makers
>>
File: Untitled.png (146 KB, 532x722) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
146 KB, 532x722
You want some of the images that I use?

Alternative card
>>
You may use something like a progress bar instead of bottons
>>
File: download (1).jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>44610070

Ask here, maybe someone can help you?

>>>/gd/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.