[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Crusade General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
So any of you fuckers taking part in the play testing/early access/whatever ? If yes then what are your impressions ?
>>
>>44587637
My first impression is nothing but fucking space marines, and I don't need to play it to know that.
>>
>>44587672
>durr marines in a 40k game
>didn't play
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>44587637
Kill it with fucking fire.
>>
File: Eternal Crusade Staff.png (80 KB, 161x198) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Crusade Staff.png
80 KB, 161x198
>>44587637
>The framerate is so bad because it isn't optimised
>It's not optimised because it's in alpha

Overall it's too early to give a definite good/bad verdict. Personally I don't think it's that fun, it lacks the 40k aspect and feels like an early prototype of Spacemarine. I suppose that's only because they are trying to make the melee system not pants-on-head retarded. Once Orks or Eldar start coming in I feel like it may seem more interesting.
>>
As someone who plays, right now they've only got Marines vs Chaos Marines, it's pretty fun! There's nothing quite like rescuing a comrade who's crawling on the ground, or being rescued, or hiding behind a wall, combat knife and bolt pistol at the ready, waiting to pounce on the first enemy asshole who tries to cap your point.

Squad mechanics could use some work, though.
>>
>>44587981

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Too early to tell, although it's off to a good start according to me.
>>
>>44588067
Looking forward too the pve missions, Tyranids ho!
>>
>>44588035
Sounds like it's basically Gears of War. Not that it was a bad game but they will need to do much more.
>>
>>44587737
I think he was referring to the game, Space Marine. Which he's right, the devs modeled the gameplay after it.

Not that that's a bad thing, the game was fun as hell, despite its issues. But I'm waiting some sign of progress with the Orks to show up before I get excited about the game.
>>
>>44588035
I know right!? Here, look at this video I made with my streamer-licensed account!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8qW2HL8Q1Q
>>
>>44587637
Shit currently. The TTK is way too low currently and it feels more like a modern COD run-n-gun style shooter than 40K. You can kill people with a couple bursts of fire. It feels utterly wrong and caters to a more poorly skilled audience. Would be better if they jacked up the TTK and maybe even made movement more fluid
>>
>>44587637
I'm not interested in the early access because there are no xenos. I'm waiting for when the game shows something finished with xenos and/or for when there're only a few days before the basic founder pack offert expires in case I might reconsider getting in early and getting the game for a bit less.

I'm quite optimistic on the whole project honestly, nails down the type of game I might enjoy in almost every aspect, even if my desire for playable tyranids would make me say otherwise, at least they're in as enemies and there're orks, the future too might hold a few changes, who know?

My only concerns are for the exclusive gameplay items and the possible disasters the most whining and egocentric of founders may cause for the game's stores.
>>
>>44588446
>TTK is way too low currently and it feels more like a modern COD run-n-gun style shooter than 40K
this
>>
>>44588883
Didn't they already drop the idea of side-grades and now they're just really expensive model skins?
>>
It definitely has potential. Optimization is an issue, but it's an alpha so big fucking surprise there. It' still feels solid tegsrdless and the guns feel nice and meaty. Lascannon is shit but it's really fun to throw yourself at a predator and stick two bombs on it. Like I said the potential is there but it needs time.
>>
>>44588940
It didn't seem so to me last time I checked, but I don't visit those forums often, the news are scattered and the cancer presents itself often with the posters; if that's the case I must have not seen the actual info for that.
>>
Still confused as to why they've decided to try and build the game from the ground up and didn't just take Space Marine and work from there.
>>
>>44589477
maybe they can't for properties issues of the data or they prefer to do everything themselves for internal coherence.
>>
>>44587637>

Game is fun enough. Even though I'm not happy they stopped it from being open world, I think that instanced battles can work.

However, they need to matches to feel like WARHAMMER 40k BATTLES (armies clashing against each other) and not some random shooter (with everyone running around alone)
>>
>>44589514
huh.

btw have they announced a possible release date for it?
>>
>>44589528
of course, this statement is based on the assumption the whole "game looks like ass" aspect is fixed when it gets out of alpha
>>
>>44589528
>However, they need to matches to feel like WARHAMMER 40k BATTLES (armies clashing against each other) and not some random shooter (with everyone running around alone)

So much this. Planetside 2 kinda has the feeling that i'd want from Eternal Crusade, shit tons of players blowing eachother the fuck out and hell you could even add in a bunch of AI dudes to add more carnage to it.

Like AI Gaurdsmen platoons or ork bands running around fucking shit up.
>>
>>44587637
It's fine, I have fun hopping in every now and then.
>>
>>44589545
I think to remember they were going for the last quarter of 2016.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it up the first quarter of 2017.
>>
File: eternal fail.jpg (57 KB, 1001x455) Image search: [Google]
eternal fail.jpg
57 KB, 1001x455
Obligatory post.
>>
>>44587637
Kinda disappointed how many of the cooler features they're cutting, like the open world and free-to-WAAAGH. Gameplay is really nothing to write home about.
>>
>>44589886
Did they cut free-to-WAAAAGH? I thought they were just delaying it.
>>
>>44588446
I was watching the angry joe stream
>inb4 HURR DURR ANGRYJOE
Pretty much every fight was two or three shots then dead. Thats really boring considering you still have to foot slog your way to the fight for a good while. Healing is done through dedicated healing classes, and you are fucking space marines. I can imagine how flimsy Orks will be, will they die to 1 shot? Then Eldar, will they just die if you look at them?

Honestly twitch shooters bore the piss out of me, I really hope they pad the damage a bit and extend firefights.
>>
already overran by shittalking guilds claiming "muh skillz" when really its 8 organized guys vs 8 rambos. Then when someone complains about them curb stomping and suggests something inteligent like seperate ques for groups and solos on launch for instanced battlegrounds only, they flip their collective shit because then they wouldnt be able to farm themselves up the best gear in 3 days.

Guaranteed Replies
>>
>>44589927
Yep they postponed it shortly after launch, anon>>44589886 is either misinformed or jumping to conclusions.
Not that they might not cut it definitely in the end, but for now it's not confirmed to be completely out.
>>
>>44589886
got links to any of this? I'm not finding anything that isn't from 2014
>>
>>44589886
Yeah. I don't reallu care that they cut F2P orks, considering that I had only seen it causing balance issues, but the loss of an open world is devastating. Open world 40k battles are the entire reason anyone was paying attention to this game in the first place, and reeks of corporate interference
>>
>>44589934
>Healing is done through dedicated healing classes
This really irked me the first time I saw it, makes almost impossible for even a skilled guy to go on a rampage without needing to be a healer class or to find all his adversaries unarmed; also reduces the point of a cover system a bit.
>>
>>44589927
Sounds like a euphemism to me.
>We're totally not cutting it guys, we're just delaying it to a undetermined point somewhere in the future while simultaneously firing tons of people and dropping the original concept
>>
>>44590128
They were aiming too high and didn't have the resources for it, as blander as it can be, istanced battlezones makes for sense for the type of game they're making for release.

We'll see if they hold up to the promises and actually try to reintroduce a bigger world when the time is right or if they decide to shelter in continuing to cash on the minimum they already did.
>>
>>44587637
I dunno, but as a captain of the PS3 chapter of the space wolves(or yiffZ xxxxxDDD if you're a 12 year old jap girl) I've already committed to buying it regardless of quality.
>>
>>44590228
>Entire development cycle is based on making a gazzillion dollars off preorders then cutting promised features to save dev bux
>Thinking they'll bother adding major features after the final cash-in on release

Anon don't be silly.
>>
>>44590228
We'll see if they hold up to the promises and actually try to reintroduce a bigger world when the time is right or if they decide to shelter in continuing to cash on the minimum they already did.
Gee, I wonder which one it will be.
>>
>>44590390
...sometimes I like to think people actually try to be nice and focus on creating something other than income, I'm bad at real life, I guess.
>>
DESU cutting free to waagh was dumb. It will really mess up balance for orks as SM will have a TON more players
>>
>>44590559
aren't the number of players on a map limited?
I mean, there can be problems in balancing the campaign map as a whole, but the single engagements should go fine, I think.
Tyranids are supposed to do the rest in terms of handling inbalance in populations.
>>
>>44590670
They are limited, but the sheer population ratios means that orks will still be lagging in numbers. Lets say each match supports 100 people, Orks could not sustain that for more then a few territories.

Also desu i'm not sure how well tyranids will work, so far they are 5 man encounters, and at the rate the devs have been cutting things.

It's weird, with all this I still really support the game tho.
>>
>>44590276
>PS3
I thought it's coming out for PC and PS4.
>>
>>44590544
This is what indie devs do. Corporate devs might -want- to make a great game, but if their evil overlords decree that they'd rather make a shit game that's likely to make more money, then their word is law.
>>
I liked the combat mechanics, and hope that they will continue to build the game to be good.

Honestly, if it ends up even as many problems as Space Marine, I'll still have fun running with a few friends, killing 'nids and RPing.
>>
>>44589528
From what I read they still plan to implement an open world they just won't be able to by launch

In addition to implementing all the other factions
>>
>>44591490
So something to cancel later on.
>>
>>44589934
More games need to copy the old school golden age shooters like Quake or Unreal Tournament. It should be a pain in the fucking ass to nail the enemy, requiring a lot of skill and practice to get good, and ensuring that firefights last for a while.
>>
File: file.jpg (8 KB, 196x195) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
8 KB, 196x195
>>44592324

Agreed.
>>
>>44591490
I really doubt that they will be able to introduce many other factions. The major issue isn't simply a lack of resources, but that it will spread players even more thinly.

If they do want to make all factions have some presence, they will probably make most of them sub-factions to already existing ones.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.