[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cheat in Magic:The gathering?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 10
File: card.jpg (65 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
card.jpg
65 KB, 265x370
How do you cheat in Magic:The gathering?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>44567892
>>
How do you cheat in any card game?
Hide cards in your ass/screwshuffle opponent
>>
File: good.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
good.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Stacked shuffles, of course.
>>
>>44567892
The way with the most effect and lowest chance of being caught is when you shuffle your opponent's deck. You rifle shuffle and slightly look at the cards and pass good ones to the bottom. This way, even if cut, they have to go through half their deck for win conditions.

Some guy a while back got caught doing this at a pro tour(?) and got banned.

I don't advise doing this because it can get you banned forever at any store worth its weight.
>>
>>44567968
I do the same, except i stack my deck in a way that i know i won't be mana-screwed at the beginning of the game.
>>
If I'm playing the usual Three-way game with my group of buddies I usually draw a second card (hiding it when I draw so it looks like I only drew one) because I have the worst luck when it comes to being mana starved. You all do know how much it sucks to have 2 mana at the sixth turn of the game right?
>>
By having more money and better cards than the other guy
>>
>>44568609
For 95% of the Magic playing population this is probably the easiest way to "cheat".

At my store the vast majority of my wins are simply because I hit my opponent with my wallet.
>>
File: 1430611378712.jpg (74 KB, 498x467) Image search: [Google]
1430611378712.jpg
74 KB, 498x467
>>44567957
>>
>>44567892
Learn to be a magician.
>>
>>44567892
Be a pro-player who also writes about the game. Wait for Wizards to give you secret full previews of upcoming sets so you learn the tricks ahead of your competition.
>>
>>44567892
How do I cheat?
I don't.

How would I cheat?
Step 1: Make two half decks that win super consistently with under half a deck.
Step 2: Learn how to perfect riffle shuffle.
Step 3: practice a shuffle routine that retains deck order.
Step 4: Practice a shuffle routine that swaps the top and bottom halves of my deck while maintaining deck order.
>>
>>44567892
There's an easy way to get on a Pro Tour without qualifying. First, play Magic. Second, have a vagina.
>>
>>44567892
After I shuffle I ALWAYS mulligan. During this time I look at the top 20-30 and put all the mana I need at the front and the rest at the back. Then I shuffle only the back end. It looks like I'm doing a full shuffle when I'm not.
>>
>>44569048
Be a drug dealer and get convicted of a felony but convince wizards to put you in the hall of fame
>>
>>44572248
I would say the cheating in that situation was the other way around: Report your opponent to the DCI for spent convictions they were forced to plead guilty to after a rape accusation.
>>
people spend so much time looking at their hands and not paying attention to the other player, I would assume it would be very easy if you were that sort of person. When I started paying attention, I realized many people try drawing extra cards, or dropping extra land, and pass it off as 'a mistake'.
>>
>>44572369

have you actually caught people? or do you know people do that because you are the one who does it?
>>
>>44572418
Ive caught people. Every new store their is at least one person, and usually he is part of a group of 3-5 who want to 'b pro' and they all actively cheat. Usually friends with the store owner, and never punished. Its not just magic, every game with prizes on the line has had this. I travel often and have seen it many times.
>>
>>44572486
>tfw you've already disqualified players for drawing extra cards

Life is good.
>>
I am very adept at the "first draw and already have 8 cards in hand" cheat. People can't really tell the difference between 7 and 8 cards and I have NEVER been caught doing this.
>>
>>44572506
>tfw you've disqualified players for drawing extra cards when actually you skipped draws
>>
I mana weave all my decks but I properly shuffle them afterwards and do draw 0-land hands sometimes. I only play kitchen table though
>>
>>44572538
I saw someone do that, but I don't know if it was accidental, and I didn't call them out.
>>
>>44572538
uh, shouldn't you have 8 cards anyways after the first draw? Unless I'm misreading this?
>>
>>44573770
Your opening hand is seven. If you already have eight cards in your hand at the first draw, that means said first draw is #9
>>
>>44573984
ohh already having 8 before you take that draw, ok
>>
>>44567892
Shoot the guy across from you
>>
>>44572369
>people spend so much time looking at their hands and not paying attention to the other player, I would assume it would be very easy if you were that sort of person.

I do the "scry cheat" a lot, I've never been caught my friend group. Alternatively, they just don't say anything about it.

In LGS and whatnot, I still stack my shuffles but I don't do the scry cheat.
>>
>still no real cheats mentioned

lel u scrubs
>>
What if ... I always win my games at my LGS because no one dares to cheat against me because I'm, the judge?

sweat.jpg
>>
>>44574055
>scry cheat
wat
>>
>>44574161
Im assuming look at the top card of your deck when the other players arent looking. Or if hes like the guy in my group, he doesnt think we are looking when he does it. We just dont care to deal with his cheating. We just want to have fun.
>>
>>44574259
But that's the "Casual Multiplayer Scry 1", anon.
>>
>>44574354
No, theirs a difference from what im talking about. Having fun is fine. Looking at the top card of your deck just for shits and giggles is cheating. They are two different things.
>>
In the confusion of an EDH game, I sometimes tap for mana in ways that are impossible if I'm being mana screwed. Say, if I'm short a source of red for the first eight turns I'll just say something that will get people talking and not announce how I tap.
>>
>>44574490
My friend technically scry cheats, and so do I. But, this is only after we have gone 4+ turns and have either A. Become mana starved (less than 3 mana total) or B. Become creature starved (no creatures in play).
>>
>>44574490
>Looking at the top card of your deck just for shits and giggles is cheating.
My entire multiplayer group does this, and openly. Hell, we occasionally ask each other's permission to cheat even after that.
>guys, I looked at my next three cards and there's no mana coming. care if I shuffle?
>sure, go for it
>>
>>44574578
Thats also a bit different, and in some situations thats fine. If I go 5 turns without drawing a land im going to scry to see if ill get a land or ramp or anything and if not im just going to scoop at that point.
>>
>>44574545
I sometimes do that. The best way to do this is to tap your lands in a weird patter with some on top of each other so it's hard to tell at a glance. Should only do it like once a game or less though, lest people catch on.
>>
59 card deck,did it once only nobody noticed
>>
>>44574578
>Become creature starved (no creatures in play)
>play creatureless deck
>get free scry all game
Where can I join?
>>
>>44574595
If it's the accepted practice within the group then it's not really cheating is it?
>>
>>44574609
In any mono color deck, you can put all your basics in a big pile of its late in a game, and you can sometimes get some bonus mana for those last few cards in hand
>>
>>44574615
120 card deck. Hid half (60) under the table in my lap and switched the halves when my opponent dropped a card on the floor by accident. If they don't I usually cause a distraction by "accidentally" bumping a card off the table on his side or something to that degree.
>>
>>44574628
Quick survey:

1: Do you run an Oloro commander deck?

2: Do you run ad nauseam in any of your decks?

3: Is your favorite color blue?
>>
>>44568297
Dude, make a better deck. Just cut some stuff for more lands if that's really a problem.
>>
>>44568297
What format do you play?
>>
>>44574716
I have 27 lands In a 65 card deck. I still manage to be left with 3 lands by turn 6 half the time.
>>
>>44574801

>my luck is consistently worse than everybody else's i swear guys!
>must be an evil ghost haunting me or something
>>
>>44574685
>1: Do you run an Oloro commander deck?
>commander
We're off to a good start.
>2: Do you run ad nauseam in any of your decks?
Don't own any copies, no.
>3: Is your favorite color blue?
Green and blue, and honorable mention to black. But I wouldn't want to play with a group that gets upset over certain colors. If I'm going to play the game, I expect to play the full game, not 4/5ths.

Thanks, but I'll pass.
>>
>>44574801
Bullshit. Either you are just refusing to shuffle or youre just a fucking idiot, because thats almost half your deck. I refuse to believe you run almost 30 lands in a 65 card deck and consistently only have 2 mana turn 6. That straight up goes against statistics.
>>
>>44567892
> Play multiplayer commander
> Cast cards you cant pay for
Nobody in my playgroup cares to check other peoples lands and shit to see if they can actually cast what they are trying to, so i frequently play cards or several cards im a bit short of paying for
>>
>>44574865
I'll just try the old "opponents shuffle each other's decks" rule when playing and see if that changes anything.
>>
>>44574888
Have a guy who used to do this in my group before we ditched him. He just left everything in a huge fucking pile so no one could tell what he was tapping, how much he was tapping, and what he was casting. He would just drop cards from his hand onto the battlefield. Guy was a total fucking scumbag, just constantly cheating and being a complete cunt. We kept count of the number of times he cheated in a day of playing. When it got above 30 we told him to get the fuck out.
>>
Wound reflection
>>
>>44574259
>Im assuming look at the top card of your deck when the other players arent looking.

Basically this, plus occasionally bottoming it if it's not what I want. Hence the "scry cheat"

But like this anon said, I figure my friends see me and don't care
>>
>>44575577
Yeah. One extra random card at the beginning hand, seeing the next card in the deck, and looking at the bottom card of the deck after a shuffle don't really do anything to the game as a whole.
>>
I check the top card of my deck when my opponent isn't looking.

Draw cards when my opponent isn't looking. Quickly put back cards I don't need.

Use card in Japanese or French and lie about what the do. Got caught doing this by a French Canadian once, but it was a casual game and he assumed it was just ignorance or my part.

Look at the bottom card my opponent's deck while shuffling for them (to make sure they aren't stacking their deck, lol) so I have an idea of what I'm playing against.

Play without sleeves and purposefully use a few lands with beat-up frayed edges so I can tell where the lands are.

Look at opponent's hand from reflection in their large shiny glasses. Only works if opponent has large shiny glasses.

Offer friends as many drinks as they want when they're over so when they get up everyone can look at the cards their hand while they're up taking a piss. This is standard procedure among my friends, we all do this to each other, and in games other than Magic.
>>
>>44575822
>Quickly put back cards I don't need.
This seems like it'd be the hardest part. I can manage to do a unnoticed QuickDraw but j don't think I can do a Quick-Return.
>>
>>44575822
I mean, I can sort of understand to cheat in a tournament. And I can sort of understand manaweaving or stuff like that in a casual game so you actually get to play.
But I'll never understand why you would hardcore cheat in a casual game, thats just low. You are apparently not even having fun when its just a game, then just stop.
>>
>>44569233
>opponent shuffles after you are done shuffling
>lose
>>
>>44575912
But it is fun. We are so casual, we all cheat. We don't even really cheat to win, we cheat to see how much we can get away with. It's not really about winning, it's about hanging with bros and making jokes. And occasionally making them get out their phone to see if my Japanese card is what I say it is, lol.
>>
>>44574679
>suddenly the opponent's deck goes from 40 cards to 60 again
How autistic do you have to be to think this would actually work?
>>
You faggots are the cancer killing magic. If I ever suspect my opponent is doing something shady with his deck, I will riffle shuffle the fuck out of it until I feel it's suitably randomized. And if you don't like it then tough shit, there's not a damn thing you can do without getting yourself DQd
>>
>>44575822
What is even the point of owning a foreign/full art card if you haven't completely memorized what it does? Your Canadian friend should have called you out, only cheating faggots do shit like that.
>>
>>44568297
>I have the worst luck
No such thing.
>>
>>44572313
>forced to plead guilty to

Because he did it...
>>
>>44577673
>be drunk
>have sex
>get prison sentence
>get DQ'd from tournament just when you're going to win
>get banned from Magic forever
Sounds fair.
>>
>>44577757

>be drunk
>find girl on toilet, unconscious
>brutally rape her in both holes
>get prison sentence
>get to leave during it to finish school
>get prison sentence reduced
>>get DQ'd from tournament just when you're going to win
>get banned from Magic forever
>post on /tg/ about how unfair it is
>>
>>44577812
>nobody can find extrajudicial justice unfair unless they're the evil MAN who dun did it
>>
>>44577628
Luck might not be real, but an unusually high amount of successful draws can definitely be real.
>>
>>44577938

Only thing I took issue with was the implication that he didn't rape her. Mildly disturbing that you'd downplay the brutal anal and vaginal rape of an unconscious girl in order to make getting banned from a card game seem more unfair.

You can have the extrajudicial justice conversation, but you didn't seem interested in having it before.
>>
>>44567892
Play Amulet Bloom >>44577673
He actually was never convicted of rape
>>
Take advantage of English grammar and insist that all "you"s in card text are plural. For instance, "highest attack value among monsters you control" means "highest attack value among monsters any of you control."
>>
>>44578096
Excuse me? The extrajudicial justice was the principle thing I mentioned and prominently features in your greentext ad hominem.
>>
>>44578195

>forced to plead guilty to
>a rape accusation.

You a different guy? Word, figured >>44572313
to be you.

>>44578147
He plead guilty to aggravated sexual assault a part of a plea deal. It still occurred.
>>
>>44578289
You said rape >>44577812
>>
I cheated to win a FNM draft at a store once. I used Natural Connection to search through my library, then 'dropped' a few of my cards, and while I was picking them up, I slid the key cards I needed to win on the top of my library and in about the middle.

When my opponent cut the deck, he happened to put the key card I needed on the top (Kalastria healer) so next turn , I drew it.

I feel scummy about it, and I don't think I'd try it again. I probably would have won the event regardless, but now I won't know.
>>
>>44574595

If it's so common as to be accepted, maybe you should re-evaluate how many lands you run?
>>
>>44567914
So if I'm reading that card correctly, in a multiplayer game I can coordinate for an opponent to catch me but let me keep it, and then the other players can't call me on it?
>>
>>44567892
by being a massive fucking cheating fagot
>>
>>44577812
he did not rape her it was agravated sexual assault and he payed his dues
>>
>>44578289
In order for a plea deal to happen, you have to say you're guilty.
Not knowing anything about the case, he could have decided he was going to be convicted regardless (even if not guilty or if there was more to it than 'he is guilty and she is the victim') and went that way because he didn't want to chance getting an even harsher sentence.
>>
>use a proxy deck
>>
>>44567968
Someone did it at GP Stockholm. I would shuffle the decks in front of him and move all good cards in his opponent's deck down to the bottom. Though, why the first few people he did this to didn't eiher call a judge or a tell him he can't look at the deck as he shuffles it is beyond me.
>>
>>44575822
>Look at opponent's hand from reflection in their large shiny glasses. Only works if opponent has large shiny glasses.
>as many drinks as they want

this isn't even cheating desu
>>
>>44578096

he was never convicted of rape, she probably wasn't unconscious, there are worse people playing games that don't get picked on by SJWs
>>
It doesn't matter whether or not he did or didn't rape the woman.

According to how our society works he served his time and therefore by the rules of our society has served his penitence. If you think he should burn in prison then that's a problem you have with our goddamn legal system and not him and maybe that is what the discussion should be because this bullshit isn't going to solve anything. Yes, Wizards has all the right in the world to ban anybody they goddamn wish from a tournament - they can outright make up something and ban a person for something as stupid as bringing an apple into the tournament area if they really wanted to, that is their right as tournament organizers. So banning a guy for a history of sexual assault, even if he served his time, is well within their right, but it is also a very shitty thing to do.

This is not to mention that the person who went on the witch hunt to find the background on this guy did a fairly shitty thing himself. You don't fucking Tweet to the rest of the world that somebody, who remember served his time, is the scum of the universe, you inform Wizards privately and let them deal with it because that's just the professional thing to do.

This was all handled wrong. And at the end we haven't learned a fucking thing or agreed whether or not our legal system is fucked or working as planned.
>>
>>44579967
pretty much.
>>
>>44577976
That's just a red herring. Anon said his "luck" justifies his cheating. Unusual draws can happen to anybody.
>>
>>44579967
hell he dident even have any real concerns the guy was just a sore loser.
>>
This shit is why I play MTGO
That and ruling arguments
>>
>>44567892
Mana weaving by double nickel shuffling
>>
>>44567892
It doesn't even look like any of the cheating on this thread is OMGMUSTWIN just that you get sick of chance screwing you constantly. I expected this thread would rustle my rhondas, but it really just calls out how piss-poorly designed magic is with all its chance.

I bring my competitive nature when I play White Wizard's game EPIC and never feel screwed or even the temptation to cheat. TCGs need to start stepping it up if they want to stay a viable market. Bad rule design, bad card design, bad math.

To Magics credit I think Roseshitter said he is working on mulligans though. It won't help because land cards are terribly implemented. Hell, I was undefeated in my last tournament till I got land screwed so hard in my last match that I had to mulligan to 3 (auto loss) twice in a row.
>>
>>44574865
Used to think my gf was cursed, nope just left handed. When she riffled, she stripped the cards backward (away from her palm) which was undoing her shuffle. When you riffle or mash, cards interleave, shifting down away from your palm. If you take chunks of the deck and drop them also away from your palm they just move instead of randomize. It requires a recursive reset after, meaning strip toward your palm. If you shuffle wrong like this, your deck barely changes much.

Had her fix this and instantly her "bad luck" disappeared
>>
File: playing a land for the turn.png (95 KB, 446x620) Image search: [Google]
playing a land for the turn.png
95 KB, 446x620
>>44567892
>>44567914
First, you play blue
>>
Sometime when I got to mulligan with a 1 or two land hand I take a tiny peek at the top card as I pick my deck up if the opponent is distracted and keep the hand if it's a land.
I'm trying to stop myself doing it, but it's a shame that the resources system is so poor that it's even a thing I need to do.
>>
>>44581648
in Summoner Wars we often check the bottom card in the library and if it's some valuable piece we shuffle the whole deck

in casual magic we sometimes let someone take some extra friendly mulligans if that person can't draw anything good while mulling to like 3
>>
>>44579967

tl;dr Literally everyone is a shitty asshole. News at 11.
>>
What's a mulligan?
>>
>>44582074
it's when you draw you starting hand but don't want to keep it so you shuffle it and draw 1 less card
>>
Put Islands in your deck. They're the most powerful card in the game and Wizards seems to think it's perfectly fine to have as many as you want in a deck. Absolutely absurd game balance.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 750x1334
Why the fuck is this card so valuable?
>>
>>44582922

>Le fetchlands are bad meme
>What even are promotional printings?
>>
>>44581648

Have you tried building better decks?
>>
>>44582074
A terrible mechanic that overly punishes you for being a statistical outlier.

>>44583105
Stop defending this shitty game. Most people run at least 23 land with decks often searching or thinning. This is a universal thing. Even in groups with pro tour and PTQ attendees, it is a huge problem.
>>
>>44579967
So what you're saying is ban Drew Levin
>>
>>44583171

Have you tried chess? I hear it's completely free of the badwrong randomness that is getting in the way of your elite gaming skill. I suppose you hate draft because it's ~"all just bullshit luck" too, huh?
>>
>>44579828
Apparently he was VERY skilled with sleight of hand - there were a few comments from street magicians who were impressed with his ability to force cards up or down so fluidly given they were in sleeves.

IIRC the only reason he got caught was he did it during a feature match - with a camera directly overhead.

>>44583320
Not that anon, but Levin absolutely should be banned for his smear campaign and others like it. (Calling Jesse a rapist is defamation, he was never convicted of rape. No matter what you think of what did go down, he is not a convicted rapist)

Now that I think about it Zach Jesse is applying for the Virgina Bar - he should absolutely know the 4-prong test for defamation, and could probably sue Levin for a whole lot of money. And if that case falls in his favor, he can then appeal to wizards to unban him, or at least return his MTGO account.
>>
>>44578096
>Mildly disturbing that you'd downplay the brutal anal and vaginal rape of an unconscious girl

Source: My Ass
>>
>>44583630

But anon, you're forgetting to LISTEN and BELIEVE. I'm calling the feminist police on you.

Once a criminal, always a criminal. Rehabilitation is a lie! Trial by media! There's no such thing as an authoritarian left!
>>
>>44575822
>not bringing cards to the bathroom
>>
>>44567892
Last game I won on a faked Rebound. Guy exiled my Profound Journey with Daxos, and I cast it from exile on my upkeep (despite never casting it from my hand) to get back Talrand. Ended up crapping out tokens and winning on a full swing to kill the whole table
>>
>>44583630
>And if that case falls in his favor, he can then appeal to wizards to unban him, or at least return his MTGO account.
Why? Wizards are a rule unto themselves. He has a bad rep with the feminists, he gets banned, simple as that.
>>
>>44585234
He could also just quick MTGO and play mtg at untap.in for free.
>>
Ways to "cheat" without really cheating. (At least, I've never been called out for it)
>Shuffle your deck well, use all your time shuffling, learn good shuffling techniques.
>Only shuffle your opponent's deck well if you see them trying something cheeky. Most likely they don't know how to shuffle and will end up with clumps of lands, so shuffling poorly helps you.
>Gather information about opponent's decks, there's nothing stopping you from looking down the table to see what other people are playing.
>Do little things that distract your opponent. Tryhard players work best, taking a little too long on your turn (don't timestall idiot), asking stupid obvious questions, and using the wrong term (using cast instead of play for lands is a favourite of mine) all make tryhards extra mad, which makes them play worse.
>>
>>44586006
What are good shuffling techniques?
I like to pile shuffle at the beginning and then mash 3 times and cut in half then just keep mashing and cutting. I feel like it works pretty good.
>>
>>44567914
Allegedly you shove this guy in the sleeve behind the actual card. So he's already on the field when you take him out of the sleeve and suddenly you have a fuckton of 2/2s
>>
>>44586147
Mash? Is that When you just throw all your cards in a pile and move them around? I would reccomend you shuffle your cards by lightly grabbing the sides with one hand, while holding the deck with the other, and then pulling out random cards. Then put them on either top and bottom. Repeat X11 and then put the bottom half on top.
>>
>>44586147
Pile shuffling once is nice to get rid of clumps. I like a 5 pile shuffle followed by riffle then cut until I run out of time. really the trick is to fit in as much as you can in what little time you have between matches. Doing the pile shuffle quickly saves you the most time, it's also your chance to count your cards. The riffle is giving you the most randomization, which is also the best way to tell others you aren't stacking your deck. Sleeves matter most here, and while I won't suggest a particular brand I will say tight fitting sleeves work best.
>>
>>44586474
Where can I usually find card sleeves that aren't online? I wonder if Walmart contains generic sleeves.
>>
>>44586519
Walmart normally has ultrapros. They're cheapish and do work. I prefer the non-mattes to the mattes, the mattes have a non reflective front that desaturates the card a bit. I get most of my card sleeves from my LGS.
>>
>>44586519
Yeah, if you go to the card section at most Walmarts they typically have generic UltraPro sleeves.
>>
>>44586558
Great! I don't live anywhere near a FLGS and I found some old cards in the attic I'd like to preserve but don't feel like ordering them online.
>>
>>44586469
PSA: Overhand shuffling is ineffective at randomization. Considering this is a thread about cheating, I should also say it's an easy way to cheat.

>>44586614
I don't know how humid it is where you live, but I put some silicon gel packs in with cards I'm storing.
>>
>>44578096

How do you know that he was guilty?
>>
>>44574055
>I do the "scry cheat" a lot, I've never been caught my friend group
>playing with friends
>cheating

fucking why?
>>
>>44578289
What's with the libelous false rape accusation, feminazi?
>>
>>44586765
Nice. I'll look into that when I can. Found one of the mox's when looking through them all.
>>
>>44586857

Why not?

Surely there's a lot more pride on the line when playing with friends than when you're just playing with random goobers
>>
>>44568079
Any non-shit opponent will see this and call you out. And they'll certainly shuffle your deck forever so that its randomized
>>
>>44567892
I dont and this thread is really bumming me out.
>>
>>44568297
You are horseshit at magic then

Put more lands in your deck and mulligan for once, faggot

>>44568609
>>44568691
>thinking magic is pay to win

>>44571224
Just shuffle correctly the first time so that you have a chance at a decent 7

>>44574685
No, yes, no

>>44574801
Since you're new, I'll help you: play EXACTLY 60 cards, with EXACTLY 24 of them being lands and SHUFFLE PROPERLY. Like really good shuffling. Mash or riffle, not that useless slide shuffling.

>>44586147
Pile shuffling does literal nothing other than count your cards. I do it at the start of each match once. After that, mash shuffling at least 7 times is sufficient. I probably do it around 10 times
>>
>>44587744

but anon if you're playing for pride, of all things, how can you cheat?

what's there to be proud of if you didnt win fairly? proud of your sneakiness, i guess?

the only time it makes sense to cheat is if you are going to win something valuable outside of the match itself, still fucked up but at least your motivations are consistent

cheating in a game to win bragging rights over your friends seems like the apex of self-defeating behavior
>>
>>44581403
>Run a token generation deck, all of the token cards you bring are cheateyfaces with stickers on them.
>As soon as you get lethal on the board you remove the stickers and swing.
>>
>>44586347
The issue there is that you
1. Having 60 copies of a non-land in your deck
2. Are drawing twice as many cards as you should be.

When cheating it's best do so in a way that you won't immediately be called out on.
>>
>>44567892
What about that girl who played extra lands at a PT and got off scot free?
>>
>>44590459
Melissa DeTora.
>>
Anyone else keep cards in their pockets? I always play with a hoodie and have a few staples in there.
>>
>>44581403
What is this .png sorcery?
>>
>>44592583
>seeing an Island
>not expecting trickery
>>
>>44592605
I think its more that he was expecting an instant.
>>
>>44592605
Well, yeah of course, never trust somebody with blue in their deck. But I'm seeing this 'image within an image' thing an awful lot, and I'm kinda wondering how it's done.
>>
>>44592519
Nah. I'm too afraid I would bend he cards. Also, I will try that out now with one colorless artifact I own that would fit with every deck I own.
>>
>>44592670
Then just do it with basic lands.
>>
>>44574685
no, yes, yes.
>>
>>44592772
That's, actually a good idea. Mana starvation will not be a problem now.
>>
>>44592772
No man. You gotta do it with >>44567914.
Gotta stick with the purpose of the card.
>>
>>44567914
Holy shit. This is an actual card. I NEED IT NOW.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 750x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 750x827
>>44593636
You better hurry. I just bought one of the last 3 left. If those two are gone the next cheapest one is a 18$ foil.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
You use this card and remind people that it's actually real.
>>
Magic is for nubs. Pokemon is for winners.
>>
>>44594208
Bill and Professor Oak are gamebreaking. The game has no balance.
>>
>>44594269
That's like complaining that Magic sucks because Black Lotus is OP.
>>
>>44593717
Since the card is removed forever does that mean you can't play it in that deck anymore ?
>>
>>44594303
Well at least black lotus is a $3,000 card. Bill and Professor Oak can be found online for $2 each.
>>
By putting more than 4 copies of something in your deck?
>>
>>44594387
>>44594303
Okay, since you missed the point, let me rephrase that. It's like saying Standard Magic sucks, because Black Lotus is OP.

Also they've been errata'd to be much less powerful.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 223x310
>>44594337
I think it means that any "return card from the removed from play" effects won't work since its in a different pile. Are there any other fun magic cards like this? I know there's the "Our Market Research Shows That Players Like Really Long Card Names So We Made this Card to Have the Absolute Longest Card Name Ever Elemental".
>>
File: 1434493297593.jpg (9 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1434493297593.jpg
9 KB, 250x188
>>44594208
>liking Pokemon after they printed Pyroar in Flashfire
>liking Pokemon after Big Basics, Plasma, and Deluge Blastoise got castrated
>liking Pokemon after they started pushing Megas
Nothing was fun after that Genesect ditto at Worlds. Once Plasma hit the tank I packed up shop and I haven't looked back.

Fuck the Pokemon TCG.
>>
>>44577812

I'm unsure if americans are familiar with it, but within the definition of rechtsstaat there is a concept where, once you have done your time and suffered your punishment, your crime is considered compensated and you can re-enter the society and operate as part of the society again.

Perhaps it tells of something, when I cannot think of an English translation for the word rechtsstaat.
>>
>>44594440
There were two UN- sets. Those were full of silly cards,
>>
>>44594786
Link? If they seem funny enough and cheap enough I'll try to make a shits and giggles deck out of them.
>>
>>44594821
>cheap enough
They aren't.
>>
>>44594835
AWOL is 30 cents.
>>
>>44594821
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/un-derhanded/
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.