[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a group of low level, bright eyed adventurers knock on your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 672x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 672x1000
>a group of low level, bright eyed adventurers knock on your pcs door, want to turn your home into a church for the paladin who chose not to return from heaven, and ask you if you have any errands you need run
>>
>>44557621
My PC would be concerned at how some scrubs not only manged to find her door, but how are they knocking on the door of an airship a thousand miles in the air.
>>
>>44557693
Gryphons
>>
>>44557621
Jokes on them, I did come back. I just didn't tell anybody because I need some fucking R&R
>>
>>44557621
>want to turn your home into a church
Fuck off and find your own.
>>
>>44557693
>tfw your character lives in his own personal demi-plane inside of the negative energy plane with his PC waifu
>>
File: Nah.jpg (20 KB, 147x309) Image search: [Google]
Nah.jpg
20 KB, 147x309
>>44557621
>want to turn your home into a church for the paladin who chose not to return from heaven

but I live here.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 381x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 381x403
>>44557724
>>b-but pelor inspired me to write this new chapter of scripture about when the Paladin's ghost visited me in the night!
>>
>>44557621
direct them to a good location to build one instead

then go head off to visit this paliden he is probably not yet far enough up the mountain to have forgeten much yet and it might be a fun conversation.
>>
File: book-of-mormon.jpg (44 KB, 395x542) Image search: [Google]
book-of-mormon.jpg
44 KB, 395x542
>>44557621
I tell them there is already a strong faith in this house, and I hand each of them one of these.
>>
>>44557751
>ghost
the paladin would have wanted you to cleave and smite what you have become.
>>
>>44557621
They could shovel the snow out of the driveway, that counts as a quest right?
>>
>>44557786
>I took power attack... Cleave is next
>>
>>44557751
Good for you. Do it somewhere else.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 236x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 236x191
>>44557924
> we came all this way... Give us something to do
>>
ROLL FOR INITIATIVE!
>>
>>44557959
Can you do housecleaning?
>>
>>44557959
I need a fetch Quest done. Go get me a few Zesian Fleaworts and Aprica Wood, and perhaps you'll find what your looking for on the way.
>>
>>44557959
There's an abandoned fort along the river front about 3 leagues north of here. Good defenses, though the engine tower collapsed years ago. Bandit calls hisself Up-Tuck has taken to using it as his base to launch attacks on tradeboats going to and from town. You kill him and rout his boys and nobody round here will be cross about it. You fix it up and use it to police the river pirates in the area and people might even start to talk about you.
Oh, but before you go, you should know this. Up-Tuck's an Ogre and will most likely eat you if you should fail.
Well, good luck and get off my lawn.
>>
>>44557621
>invite them in for some drink and snack while they explain in detail
>Dole out some big laundry list as they help themselves to the spread
>They go unconscious because I laced that shit with fantasy roofies
>Summon my skelebutlers to take them down to the carnevil for some fun and games
Next time you want to build a church don't ask the evil warlock to evict himself from his own lair.
>>
But what if the PC already lives in a church?
>>
>>44557621
We can draw up some papers if they're willing to pay market value or higher
>>
>>44557621

Tell them that they're in the local chapterhouse of the Order of Valiant Heart, and that while I cannot allow my order's local HQ to be modified into a church, I'll be more than happy to either find them a suitable location or have the noble Paladin buried amongst our own honoured dead.
>>
File: 1430232859385.jpg (94 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
1430232859385.jpg
94 KB, 500x657
>>44557621
A quest I have for thee, though the road is fraught with danger!

1) Seek ye wood, nails, and other sundry supplies and tools.

2) Get ye to the hall of the local magistrate. Use thy cunning and wisdom to grant me- I should say, thee- that lovely patch of land across town, the one beside the lake.

3) Construct a fair and lovely abode thereupon. Forget not to lay a strong foundation, nor to neglect the importation of exotic foreign furnishings.

4) Once these things have come to pass, I shall allow you the use of my hovel for your august faith, whilst I shall dwell in the modest manor thou hast just constructed.
>>
File: 1447476570102.jpg (217 KB, 900x1150) Image search: [Google]
1447476570102.jpg
217 KB, 900x1150
>>44557621
>paladin picks up copy of his holy scrip by the door
>reverse-door preaching technique!
Have you heard of our divine lord and saviour, the platinum dragon Bahamut?
...also I don't own this place. Ask the landlord, but I somehow doubt it. Oh and I guess you could return some library books.
>>
>Go get my groceries, if you can clean I'll feed you.
>>
>>44558265
>reverse-door preaching technique
This, its an excellent way of getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses. My bookshelf has a section dedicated to different religious texts, so I can grab one of those and use it to my pleasure.

So far the Book of Mormon gets the best reactions from people.
>>
File: 1390617999116.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1390617999116.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>I live in the Nine Hells, in a palace on the 2nd layer after I usurped the guy there

I think you guys have the wrong address. Also, get ready for devil rape.
>>
File: image.jpg (311 KB, 1510x1510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311 KB, 1510x1510
We're in a sealed elemental planes of fluffy clouds. How the hell did you even get here?!
>>
>>44557621
>Kids, paladins choose not to return from heaven all the time. A real fuckaround, too. Diamonds are expensive.
>Anyway, your paladin is nothing special and I see no reason to let you turn my house into a church.
>Oh, your paladin saved the world? Well whoopdi-ding-dong-doo, he was a paladin, that's what paladins do.
>If you insist on doing errands for random people, then pick a direction and start walking. Tell me what you find at the end of it.
>And no stopping just because of a measly ocean or mountain, either!
>>
>>44558476
>Not using Atlas Shrugged
>Not spouting Galt's speech
>>
>>44557621
>low level adventurers
>knocking on the door of my house
>my house
>in the shadowfell
>low level

Clearly they are githzeri spies, so I do my best to turn them all to ash and abscond to a new plane.
>>
>>44557959
>bust out the brooms and rags
Well, since you must be blind, this is a tavern. Go put on something that'll make the peasants drool and help me get ready for tonight.
>>
>>44558744
So...if you fall off, do you eventually fall back onto it, or is it just clouds, all the way down?
>>
>>44557621
If you bring me four thousand gold, the house will be all yours.
>>
>>44557621
This is a public library. Yes. Surely your god would not want you to demolish such an institution. But we can arrange, we can make way. Say, I have a list of things to do, yes. For the good of the... library, you see. Information to find, books to obtain, that sort of thing. And I know a few things to help you as well, oh yes. What say you? You scratch my back, I stab yours?
>>
>>44559570
Clouds. Its my vacation home.
>>
>>44557621
"OK you're creeping me out, mainly because my cave doesn't have a door. Did you build it yourself? Why?"
>>
>>44557621
I tell them that while my accomodations are modest, they are more than welcome to praise their deity in my home, delivering sermons and gathering tithes and so forth.

Then I steal the collection plate at the end of the day and make off to a different safehouse before the real owner of the place shows up.
>>
>>44557786
fuck i mean what he has become
>>
>>44558142
an excellent quest lets go folks.
>>
>>44559570
solid metal floor

if you cut through that you fall back to the roof above the clouds
>>
no i live here
go away
>>
>>44557621
Ask DnD kids to leave my property
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.