[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /tg/, what can you do when the GM forces a subplot out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 7776.jpg (136 KB, 850x755) Image search: [Google]
7776.jpg
136 KB, 850x755
Tell me /tg/, what can you do when the GM forces a subplot out of nowhere, even when it is completely irrelevant to the story and the feel of the game?

Last night we had our first game of the year so were just sandboxing a bit. Then our female fighter went to have a beer at a shady looking tavern when she notices a guy cloaked in black standing next to her, and much to her shock is the BBEG, an absurdly powerful vampire lord.

The BBEG tells her to not be afraid even if she is scared as fuck, and commends her on stopping his plot to kidnap a princess and turn her into his thrall, which we did 2-3 games ago. Then he leaves, but first says he has something for her, gently takes her hand and slips a ring on her finger. When she is out of her shock she notices is a wedding ring.

So, now there is going to be a dumbass romance plot even if the fighter isn't even girly and is even confused for a man when she her face covered and doesn't speak. I told the other play what I thought and the worse of all is that they weren't only okay with it, but said it was "honestly kind of hot".

Romance in games never works, and more so when it is with the fucking villain of the story. I mean, what the fuck is with the GM?

pic unrelated.
>>
>>44552953

>"honestly kind of hot".

I agree.
>>
>>44552953
Dunno, man. Sounds like a pretty good plot hook. Defeated villain returns with a personal interest in one of the players.

I'd say let the player who got proposed to make the decision on how to react to it.
>>
So let me get this straight:

>DM drops a plot twist out of nowhere
>Other players are fine with it
>YOU have a problem with it and do not want this to happen, even though it's not your character.
>So you make a thread calling this "out of nowhere" and "completely irrelevant", expecting us to agree with you that it's somehow wrong and not good.

Sounds like the problem here is you, OP.
>>
>>44552998

Imagine a dating mechanics added to a Dark Souls game.

Then you would understand how out of place this is.
>>
>>44553015
Your game is not "Dark Souls".

And the rest of the group is fine with it.

You are the problem.
>>
>BBEG romancing a PC
>irrelevant to the story
>>
>>44552953
Post your character sheets to prove this isn't fake.

Oh, you can't because of reasons?
>>
File: fuck_you8.jpg (45 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you8.jpg
45 KB, 300x190
>>44552953

>Romance in games never works,

Okay.
How about "no",
and also "fuck you"?
>>
You're assuming the vampire isn't playing the long con and try to dismantle your party with kindness, which is silly because vampire lords love that kind of tricksy shit.

Assuming that route he's already succeeded. Either he's going to romance the fighter away from the rest of the party and gain a powerful new minion, or cause you guys to turn on each other. It's pretty win-win for him.
>>
The only way this wouldn't work is if the GM tries to force girl-fighter into the romance.
This is just OP being "hurr durr, don't want no faggy emotions interrupting muh boulder-smashing."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.