[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is 3.5€ already, is it time to bulk buy them and then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: oath_of_nissa[1].jpg (33 KB, 251x356) Image search: [Google]
oath_of_nissa[1].jpg
33 KB, 251x356
This is 3.5€ already, is it time to bulk buy them and then sell them when they cost 15€ or more?

How good is this card exactly? I don't want to fuck up here.
>>
It looks pretty cool.
>>
Let me tell you.

It's good.
>>
>>44541376
Well the ETB ability seems good. Filtering cantrip, kind of like a green Ponder.

The actual enchantment doesn't seem so great but hey, you already got your 1 mana worth and it might be handy sometimes.
>>
>>44541376
>I don't want to fuck up here.
Convert to judaism before bruh.
>>
>>44541376
This cycle of cards show how awesome MTG is now:
A somehow worse Compulsive Research, but rare instead of being a common, and a worse Ponder but in green and rare instead of being a common.
On top of that, these cards become better if you fill your deck with mythics!

Adquisition plan MTG will never cease to amaze us.
>>
File: 102.jpg (75 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
75 KB, 312x445
>>44541638
It's a library manipulation card with a small upside in green that fills the void of 1 mana drop in Standard. It being legendary is a non-issue as well. It's a good card.

But heh, continue screaming about your conspiracy.

Also,
>comparing this to Compulsive Research
u wot m8
>>
>>44541629
It's not an enchantment, it's a green Ponder that leaves behind an emblem.
>>
>>44541667
I wonder is there is any relation between Oath of Jace and Compulsive Research.
Or a similitude between Ponder and Oath of Nissa.

Nah, there must'n be any.
>>
File: NWOashit.jpg (49 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
NWOashit.jpg
49 KB, 265x370
>>44541667
He's comparing it to Oath of Jace.
>>
Seems like a pretty amazing card for green. I'd want it in several decks.
The possibility of dipping off color planeswalkers also sounds appealing. Playing Garruk, Apex Predator in a monogreen deck sounds appealing enough to me.
>>
>>44541697
I see. Yeah, this one is pretty shit.
>>
>>44541682
An emblem that gives 1 devotion to green :^)
>>
>>44541695
>Or a similitude between Ponder and Oath of Nissa.
Only in the vaguest of senses. But a cantrip that lets you manipulate your top in green is not something that you will see everyday. Not for 1 mana, and not for three different card types.
>>
>>44541376
The question becomes "Would green creature decks play Ponder if they could?".

If the format is Slow then yes because card selection is good.
If the format is Fast, then no because it's too slow for an early aggressive play, and late game you'll get wrecked by actual control.
>>
>>44541629
>Ponder
>>44541638
>Ponder
>>44541682
>Ponder
>>44541695
>Ponder
>>44541724
>Ponder
Did everybody just forget about anticipate or are the ignoring it because it's 2-mana trash?
>>
>>44541749
I think they forgot that Ponder lets you shuffle your deck if your 3 card dip was unsatisfactory.
i.e. that Ponder is a ridiculously good card for what it is.
>>
>>44541749
The latter.
Bad cards don't deserve mention.
>>
>>44541767
Pack up everything that isn't Black Lotus or Time Walk, MtG has been shit since Ice Age.
>>
>>44541767
I wish anticipate was one mana...
>>
>>44541667
reminder that new wizards sees compulsive research as being "too good" to print or reprint. And when you compare it to what they're printing now, it is.

I mean, think about it. we have coastal discovery (2 cards for 4 mana, possible upside) we have weave fate (2 cards for 4 mana, instant speed) and read the bones (2 cards for 3 mana and 2 life, get some card selection). We don't even have divination in standard anymore (2 cards for 3 mana straight up)
Compared to all of those, drawing 3 cards for 3 mana, even if you have to discard one afterwards, is a serious upgrade. And upgrading card draw spells means the dreaded combo and permission decks get more powerful, and in Creatures: The Tappening we can't have that because not playing creatures is bad wrong fun that must be stopped.
>>
reminder that
abloo bloo
bloo bloo
bloo bloo
bloo bloo
>>
>>44541376
I wouldn't be surprised to see this crack $20 easily. It's almost a guaranteed 4 of in any green deck. Considering you can put the top 2 cards on top then grab the 3rd most of the time, this card can honestly be compared to Preordain. In that regard, I wouldn't be surprised if legacy Elves started testing this card. The fact that it has an upside on top of being NotPreordain is just dumb.
>>
>>44542148
>Considering you can put the top 2 cards on top
on bottom.
>>
File: 1300826371829.png (118 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1300826371829.png
118 KB, 264x264
>>44542092
Yeah, yeah, they didn't pring DTT or TC, we know, we know.
>>
>>44541376
So its effectively Scry 3, draw 1 for Green

Goddamn
>>
>>44542355
no, no it isn't
>>
>>44542273
Two mistakes that they are sure won't happen again.
>>
>>44542446
It sort of is senpai. You get to look at some top cards, bottom some and put one in your hand. There's valid comparisons to Preordain to be made. Sure you don't have free choice to take whatever you like, but then again Preordain is banned in Modern for that reason.

>>44542503
They said that after Snapcaster Mage and Deathrite Shaman. This card is blatantly pushed as fuck.
>>
>>44542534
>being this bad at magic
This is closer to anticipate than Preordain
>>
>>44542664
If Anticipate was one mana and a sorcery it'd be banned along with Preordain too. The problem with cantrips is that unless they're one mana, they're generally too clunky. But this thing is one mana.
>>
>>44541376
It's green ponder with almost no downside in the NWO. Let me tell you: Creatures, Lands, and Planeswalkers aren't going anywhere. They're hear to stay, and they're going to keep getting better.

It's also good EDH b8. Everyone and their mother has some sort of super quirky and original superfriends list that's exactly the same as every other superfriends list. This card literally belongs in all of them.
>>
>>44542534
Not that guy, but it isnt. This lets you get 1 card out of 3, and then it's done. In the best case scenario, scry 3 draw one gets you 1 card and your next 2 draws are cards you want. On top of being able to bottom dead cards, keep good cards on top, and letting you dig 4 deep instead of 3. The fact that it doesn't scry is a huge difference.
>>
>>44542681
the difference between Oath of Nissa and any cantrip is that they are guaranteed to replace itself while Oath can miss.
>>
>>44542702
What kind of green deck doesn't have creatures or lands?

Sure, if it hits three lands that's mostly a miss. But you were going to draw those lands anyway, and now two are on the bottom.
>>
File: 1415101198630.jpg (122 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1415101198630.jpg
122 KB, 500x374
>>44542698
thank you for having a brain
>>
It's going to be good in Standard, might see at least some play in Modern or Legacy and is going to be crammed into every EDH Superfriends as fast as possible.
Just EDH alone can drive a card's price up to ridiculous levels, this is probably a safe investment.
>>
Mfw all this bitching about this card when elvish mystic would take the slot over it any day in this standard.
>>
>>44542721
>top 3 cards are an instant, sorcery, and enchantment
anon plz
>>
>>44542730
Elvish Mystic? And then what, Ancestral Recall?
That is too powerful for Standard.
Play some rhinos instead.
>>
>>44542702
The chances of Oath missing are very, very low. Like, if you're running 15 cards it can't hit, that's a ~0.25^3 chance of whiffing. Literally a 1.5% chance. And this has an upside on top of that. And for the people talking about this card in standard, this thing could very well see play beyond standard. Late game Abzan/Jund would happily pay G to put a creature in their hand and ignore those lands.
>>
>>44542734
>Putting Oath of Nissa in a deck with enchantments other than Oath
Why? You're not serriously suggesting this goes in Bogles are you?
>>
>>44542757
yeah, its a low chance, but still possible. I'm not saying this isn't a powerful effect, but these comparisons to preordain are so wrong it hurts
>>
File: 1450518595388.jpg (15 KB, 464x351) Image search: [Google]
1450518595388.jpg
15 KB, 464x351
>>44542774
are you suggesting you only run a singleton oath? See, I can say retarded shit too.
>>
>>44542789
Yes, you can say retarded shit, and you have been. >>44542734
>>
>>44542808
lol k senpai
>>
>>44542789
>are you suggesting you only run a singleton oath?
No, I clearly said "enchantments other than Oath".

>run 4 oaths and no other enchantments
>play an oath
>hit all three other oaths
and if you get luck like that, no deck building can save you.
>>
>>44542503
??? No? They don't have the money or time to test for eternals - they're fine in standard, so they're perfectly fine cards. This'll keep happening as more and more cards have interactions with each other that are broken as long as those interactions don't happen in draft or standard.
>>
>looks at 3 cards
Cause that's all ponder did?
>>
this allows a super friends deck to be possible.

getting to play Sarkhan Unbroken solely off of this card is great, you can even pay for the fucking Walkers with straight up colorless mana.

shitting out a planeswalker every turn is huge, and always being able to cast them due to Oath of Nissa is fucking great.

this is a 15 dollar rare for sure, scoop them up boys.
>>
>>44541376
What's Red get?
>>
>>44543000
This is really the problem of all non-vidya games: lack of beta-testing.

Small board games companies can't afford it.
GW just doesn't care.
WotC could test with pros, but don't want to give up forcing players to figure out the meta-game, since it's one of the few things keeping long term players in.
>>
>>44542503
they will happen again unto infinity.
>>
>>44542724
This is not even close to legacy playable
>>
>>44543072
not spoiled yet. there should be a red and white one.
>>
>>44543062
Okay, so which walkers do we put in an "all planeswalkers all the time" standard deck? Thay've got to be cheap so you can actually play them on a curve without dying.

>flip-Jace obviously
>flip-Nissa
>Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
>Ugin maybe?

What does getting access to more colours give you? Flip-Chandra and Sarkhan Unbroken? Are those worth it?
>>
File: $_35.jpg (21 KB, 216x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
21 KB, 216x300
>>44542092
Yeah this kind of standard is the kind everyone loves?
>>
>>44543258
babywalkers are creatures when cast, not planeswalkers.
>>
>>44543258
Unbroken is a massively powerful Walker in shit colors.

taking away "shit colors" makes him fucking top-tier.

in Super Friends you get access to

Gideon
Flip Jace
new Nissa (better in this than old nissa)
new Chandra
Ob Nixxy the Gideon Drowner

this is basically toolbox at this point, a walker for any situation and a Tutor the deck can run to get any of them.

combine it with cards like Monastary mentor and you have Walker-Value.dek
>>
>>44543559
The problem with "toolbox" walkers is that they arent toolbox cards. There's no null rod walker, there's no disenchant walker, they're value cards not toolbox cards
>>
>>44541764
And Preordain was almost better as it didn't force you to keep bad cards to get the one you actually wanted. The only thing it had going against it was that Ponder digged deeper.
>>
>>44543926
Ponder plus fetchland is almost always better than preordain
>>
>>44543019
Ponder doesn't make it easier to cast planeswalkers ;^)

And seriously, when you're comparing a card to the 2nd best cantrip ever printed to try and make it sound bad, you're doing it all so very wrong.
>>
>>44544383
What? I was saying that Ponder is way better than bulk-mythic-in-a-month because it does so much more
>>
>>44541376
Would bogles run this?
>>
>>44544536
Whether it does more or not is debatable. Does Ponder make it easier to cast planeswalkers? Can you cast Ponder when you aren't running blue? I'm not saying it's as good as Ponder because that'd be dumb, but I certainly don't think it's a bulk rare.
>>
>>44544658
If you're building a planeswalker based deck that needs this for mana fixing, then you have bad mana. I just can't see the deck that this fits into being all that good, the support just isn't there
>>
>>44544953
Well this lets you cast Liliana of the Veil off 3 Wastelands so who knows.
>>
>>44545023
It does, but I can't think of a deck that wants to cast liliana, doesn't have good mana and wants to play a worse card filter spell
>>
>>44541376
Considering how most green decks have no T1 play right now other than maybe Warden of the First Tree, I'd say it's gonna be a format staple for Green.
>>
this card is probably overhyped. it's basically a 1 mana green anticipate except anticipate is instant speed and can find answers.
looking through three cards isn't really consistent enough as a toolbox engine either. at best, this card enables 5-color planeswalker bullshit (which will probably still never be any good) or it facilitates slightly more consistent curves for proactive decks so this is a decent card for the opening hand of an abzan midrange type deck. It's actually pretty lame for the typical 5-color planeswalker control deck since it doesn't really help you find the kind of thing that helps you really stabilize.
>>
>>44545220
This sounds correct for standard, but I don't play standard.
Is mana fixing in standard so awful that you can't cast planeswalkers? Is that mana fixing such a huge upside? In bigger formats I think the cmc of most planeswalkers determines if they're playable rather than off-color.
So is the maybe-cantrip worth it?
>>
>>44545419
In Modern D&T, which isn't a great deck but one I play anyway, it finds you relevant bears or Ghost Quarters. Granted it does so for 1G with Thalia, but most decks I see nowadays only play 2 of her anyway and in an ideal world you've got a Vial online so your mana is freed up.

I can also see Flickerwisp targeting this off an Aether Vial being a viable line of play. So yes, it's overhyped, but I'll be playing around with it anyway.
>>
>>44545419
>urzatron superfriends
>Sylvan scrying
>ancient stirring
>Oath of Nissa
>Ugin
>Karn
>Apex Predator Garruk
>Mentor of Heroes Ajani
>Elspeth, Sun Champion
>The Chained Veil
>>
>>44546152
that seems kind of color-intensive for tron
i know the eggs help, but I cant imagine it wouldnt be awkward
>>
>>44546152
What is a deck that can't cast half of its spells without one card?
>>
>>44545735
Not currently, but post-rotation the fetchlands that give a large dose of our mana fixing are gone, so I can see this helping for planeswalker focused decks.
>>
>>44541376
>Bulk buying a preorder

Actually retarded
>>
>>44546201
I don't like that build, but it seems like a silly GW build with Elspeth and Yosei could exist.
>>
>>44542273
Wizards underestimated its players. Most of the time they're right about average player intelligence (the {C} debacle proves that) but sometimes they miss, and miss badly. Draw 3 for EIGHT MANA is flat-out terrible, and they never expected people to be able to fill up graveyards enough to make it Draw 3 for ONE mana, let alone do it more than once. And as >>44543000 pointed out, they don't test new cards for modern or legacy, where you have access to all the one- and two-mana spells that would never see the light of day in the New and Improved MTG Experience.

>>44543260
Not quite, because that rewards players who run FEWER creatures, and everyone needs to be playing MORE creatures.
>>
>>44546735
Oath of druids makes creature decks unplayable. "Creatures the tappening" is more fun then "turn one unmask, dark rit, necro gg."
>>
Bant control planeswalkers in modern?
>>
>>44543249
Implying there won't be a black Ob Nixilis non-oath.
> "For my own sake, I will fuck your watch."
>>
>>44547187
3B when ~ etb, target opponent sacs a creature
each upkeep drain x where x is the number of planeswalkers you control
>>
>>44547466
>x is the number of planeswalkers your opponents control
Seems more lore appropriate.
>>
>>44542092
But market research shows new players like creatures and attacking with creatures. How else is Wizards supposed to sucker new players in to fill the gap of players who leave? How is Mark Rosewater supposed to wipe his ass with $100 bills if they don't turn Magic into a big shiny spectacle to distracted people while they bleed them dry? Do you want Mark to have to wipe his ass with $20s? Do you know how passed around and filthy $20 bills are? Who's the real monster here, anon?
>>
>>44547187
>oath of the gatewatch
>ob nixilis of the black oath
something about rhyming pots
>>
>>44547187
If Oath of Ob Nixilis doesn't kill a planeswalker when it enters play and fuck over opposing planeswalkers in some way, I'll be very disappointed.
>>
>>44547685
What's wrong with marketing? Is logic new playera like creature decks, if spells would still being as unbalanced as in legacy/vintage, any deck must be obligated to play force of will to not lose on t1

The fact is, new people finds more easy to play creature decks, advanced playera like combo, but they have to give preferente to the new players cuz advanced only buy singles while new players buy all the rest of shit products
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.