[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help, oh god help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
File: prepare_the_seed.jpg (36 KB, 588x350) Image search: [Google]
prepare_the_seed.jpg
36 KB, 588x350
I'm running an 'impromptu' fantasy rpg in an hour. Hundreds of minds are better than one, throw ideas at my face!
>>
Just pull the standard bullshit.

>Start working on a dungeon crawl now. Draw the maps first.
>When the players arrive, stall them with storygame nonsense, like, "Tell me three "truths" about your character. These claims can be widely setting affecting."
>Largely ignore their prattling and pretend to take notes while you fill out your key.
>>
What game? (iow how easy is improv / reskinning, how much combat is expected etc.)
>>
File: Quest Hook.jpg (78 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
Quest Hook.jpg
78 KB, 620x330
>>44524190
>>
>>44524190
A guy you all knew died (have the players tell you how they knew him before hand, and how they know each other). He left you some shit in the will.

Oh yeah, he was murdered too.
>>
File: Plot Hook.png (18 KB, 673x85) Image search: [Google]
Plot Hook.png
18 KB, 673x85
>>44524351
>>
File: CRKZcOWU8AAUQij.jpg (134 KB, 600x899) Image search: [Google]
CRKZcOWU8AAUQij.jpg
134 KB, 600x899
>>44524271
Truth. Premises would be nice. I was thinking pirate ship leading into something worth exploring, but I don't want to hear bitching about "realistic ship sizes".

>>44524335
Dungeon world is my jam
>>
>>44524190
Steal a plot from a video game.
>>
File: Enemy level scaling with PCs.png (35 KB, 960x136) Image search: [Google]
Enemy level scaling with PCs.png
35 KB, 960x136
>>44524376
>>
File: sorry-im-so-boring.jpg (74 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
sorry-im-so-boring.jpg
74 KB, 600x558
>>44524190
All the PCs find themselves in a tavern. A mysterious man approaches them with a quest, and promises them a reward of gold if they succeed. The quest is to go get a thing from dangerous people in a dangerous environment outside of town. While exploring this environment, the players will fight the dangerous people then loot gold and magic items off of them before discovering the quest item on or near their "boss".
>>
>>44524351
>>44524376
Terrible.

I will try and incorporate them thank you.
>>
>>44524190

They're booking passage on a ship.
There's a handful of NPCs, the Captain, the First Mate and two, maybe three crew members they can talk to.
The others are:
- an archaeologist who can and will talk about anything with some authority, but is somehow incredibly boring
- a hitman who likes to show off his wealth and brag about his jobs in easily seen through code
- an old man who wants to look upon the Sea one last time before he dies

The Captain is pious but vulgar.
The first mate is wretched and evil, but loyal to the captain and crew.
The three crew members spend their time playing cards, somehow avoiding work and talking in puns.

The voyage is supposed to last two months.
The following happen:
- a stowaway is discovered when they're too far away from any shore to just drop them off
- the ship is becalmed for two weeks
- the hitman is assassinated
- merfolk and their Fey patron try to steal your stuff
- actual pirates show up, they want to buy your supplies for huge amounts of money, but they want it all and won't take no for an answer
- a very small island is found, upon it there is an ancient looking tower, somehow still standing.
- the three crew members have a fit and the sailors cordon them off, only the captain approaches with a look of fear on his face. He carries writing implements and paper, noting down what they whisper in their fits.
- a minor Sun God crashes into the sea at dusk next to you, he's shouting for help, since he can't swim

String these together anyway you like and it'll be ok.
>>
>>44524408
I actually did this with a group of 50/50 vets/newbies. The mysterious man was Kwihast Khivar who was actually just a lunatic and the dungeon was an absolute mess. We had a great time.
>>
File: 1400467331930.jpg (154 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
1400467331930.jpg
154 KB, 595x842
>>44524461
I...

I love you.
>>
>>44524190
your players just completed a heist. Dragon eggs, holy shit- BUT IT WAS A TRAP. The grand vizier of the strange arabian city in a desert of red sand has set the party up to in order to get revenge on one of the players (he hit on the viziers daughter or some stupid shit, whatever). Your party's only hope lies in a small getaway air ship they had ready on the other side of town. Either that or they can choose to confront the vizier and clear their names.
>>
File: 1451622492967.gif (72 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1451622492967.gif
72 KB, 450x600
You're all maids/butlers/servants for an extremely eccentric old lord who has gone missing while out doing eccentric things.
If the kingdom presumes he's dead they will have a new lord replace him since he has no heirs or successors.
So what do the PCs do? Go looking for the missing lord, pretend he's still around and rule the house by yourself, accept the new lord and his new policies (possibly being fired or replaced, making them homeless), strip naked and pillage nearby communities, or all of the above?
>>
Some kind of underground dwelling bullshitters (Drow, Duergar, whatever-the-Hell) are using gigantic non-sentient worm things to undermine surface villages and dump them into whatever realm, taking the survivors as slaves/sex slaves/food/whatever-the-Hell.

The party was thought dead when one such attack occurred at the trading outpost they had all coincidentally stopped in for the night.

Fuck the other villagers, they now have to escape through horror-infested tunnels.
>>
>>44524593
Proper maid will stop at nothing until the old master is confirmed for dead. And if that were the case, then not until those responsible are laid to waste. Or she finds a way to bring master back. Preferably both.
>>
>>44524386
Do what Mortal Kombat did and steal the plot to 'Enter the Dragon'.
Martial arts/magic/shooting/whatever competition on a privately owned island in international waters. Someone contracts the party to win the competition/kill the host/uncover evidence of his misdeeds for arrest.

Pick the solutions most applicable to your setting and characters.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.