[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11
File: Fallout_PnP.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3176) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_PnP.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3176
Is there a Fallout PnP? I'd love to do something set in the setting, and from what I remember of Fallout 3/NV it wouldn't be too hard to convert it based on the game. VATS is kind of bust at least afaik, but the stats/skills are easy to make sense of. Does any anon have a homebrewed system? Also Fallout General Thread.
>>
There is, I had it years ago back when 3 first came out. I don't think it's official though so you'll have to do some digging around to find it.
>>
>>44513123
whatever happened to that war game we were working on, it was fun sharing the delusion that there was an actual fallout war game while one was actually worked on
>>
>>44515342
Hell if I know, but it'd be cool. I have some thoughts on it, but most of them depend on the scale of the game, aka squad to platoon level 28mm or company sized 15mm.
>>
File: 1428510433595.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1428510433595.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>44515400
think we were looking at skirmish level stuff just to get something out
>>
>>44515598
Give everyone an accuracy score, armor, and morale score. Weapons are divided into classes like rifle, pistol, melee, and heavy, the given traits like automatic or scoped, and then assigned a damage type. Class determines their range, trait modifies their rate of fire and accuracy among other things, and damage type determines what armor roll the target uses.

For example, Brotherhood Knight has an accuracy of 4, armor of 4 Solid/3 Energy/4 Rad, and a morale of 3. This means he has to roll under these numbers to pass the relevant test. His weapon is an Automatic Laser Rifle, which does Energy damage and shoots 3 times with a range of lets say 18". So against another Knight he'd roll 3 times and hit on anything 4 or less. Then the Knight targeted would have to roll a 3 or less to survive.

Depending on how deadly the game is, we could say that either he's wiped right there, or has to make a morale test to get back up. Getting hit multiple times reduces the target's morale TN by 1, so if you get smoked you're just fucking dead. If we're more deadly, he's just dead an people within command range of him have to make a morale test or hit the dirt/run for it.
>>
File: IMG_6548.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6548.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2044
>>
File: IMG_6551.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6551.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2044
>>
File: IMG_6699.jpg (979 KB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6699.jpg
979 KB, 1536x2044
>>44515966
>>
File: IMG_6700.jpg (849 KB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6700.jpg
849 KB, 1536x2044
>>44516046
>>
>>44515966
So that's the basic conflict system. Lets say we're going less deadly, and the unit can take multiple hits. Then since we don't want to take a long time, we work with warbands for squad sized skirmish games. A warband has a leader or hero unit, then warband members, then support units. Each faction/list will have certain require units minimum, and the rest are choices. So lets say we have a big book of Brotherhood of Steel. Within them are various warband lists to represent the different kind of forces they send out for stuff. Within them, lets say there's the purge warband, the recovery warband, and the recon warband. The recon warband requires a Paladin as your leader unit, and at least one Knight and field scribe. From there you can pick certain units up to a max based on your warband, and then support units available to your faction. Support stuff are things like static turrets, or vertibird air support.

This hypothetical recon patrol would have 1 Paladin, 4 Knights, 1 Knight Sergeant, 2 Field Scribes and 1 Vertibird for support. No turrets, because they're recon and thus have no use for static support.

Something from a raider book would be a raider camp force, something that attacks passing caravans. They'd have a Raider Psycho as their leader, 5 Raiders, 2 Raider Conscripts, and 3 Turrets. They've got lower accuracy and armor because they're scrapped together, but higher morale because they're high as fuck and don't feel pain or fear.
>>
File: Exodus.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Exodus.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
Was discussing what the mutated fauna of different areas of the US would be. Came up with some for my home state

Fallout: Arizona
>Giant Quail hunting in raptor packs
>Terrorbird Roadrunners, possibly tamable mounts
>Javelina/Peccaries replace the Brahmin as the local pack animal
>Deadstrikers, giant multi-headed rattlesnakes
>Antlion sandpits
>Gila Dragons, giant venom spewing gila monsters
>Cactacae, mobile semi-intelligent predatory cactus. roots feed on blood of corpses
>Packhunting dog-sized jumping spiders
>Mountain Lion sized Tarantulas
also throw in some New Vegas fauna like Cazadores, Bighorners, Geckos
>>
File: fALLOUT pnp.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
fALLOUT pnp.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44513123
multiple systems for it.

Play the original games you mook.
>>
File: Fallout Gurps 4th Ed.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout Gurps 4th Ed.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44519081
>>
File: Fallout NM.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout NM.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44519092
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.