[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't intelligent magical beasts in D&D use magic items?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Why don't intelligent magical beasts in D&D use magic items?
>>
There are magic items for dragons in 3.5's Draconomicon, with stuff like claw-gauntlets and stabilizing flight fins and whatever.

I don't think there's any art of a dragon actually kitted out like that outside of the individual little art pieces in that equipment section, though.
>>
>>44509760
I've seen a variant where dragon is connected to his hoard and is considered to have all the magical items from it on him. It night've actually been in Draconomicon.
>>
>>44509595
... They do? As with all magical items it is an option.
>>
>>44509826
>dragon is connected to his hoard and is considered to have all the magical items from it on him.
That's varying levels of terrifying
>>
They do. Did you need Mike Mearls to fly to your house and have a beholder zap you with a wand before you can use even the slightest bit of imagination on your own?
>>
>>44509826
>I've seen a variant where dragon is connected to his hoard and is considered to have all the magical items from it on him. It night've actually been in Draconomicon.
Holy shit balls. That gives dragons a whole new level of deadly.
>Flying after getting injured by a adventurer with a huge sword?
Just use that wand of cure serious wounds every round you're in the air along with stone skin, haste, Bulls strength, mirror image, dimension door, etc
>>
>>44509595
They do in my setting.
A relatively common magical item is a collar that allows it's wearer to cast Unseen Servant at will.
>>
File: Tchazzar.jpg (122 KB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
Tchazzar.jpg
122 KB, 400x255
>>44509595
It messes up the WBL when they're killed and looted.
>>
If a dog wore magic pants, how would he wear them?
>>
>>44509960
>not having a dragon with a clan of obedient kobolds living in its flesh like those guys in Naruto with bugs in their bodies
>>
>>44510025
That would be fucking unbearable with a bunch of scaly dudes running around your skin. Besides most dragons in my settings aren't the size of mountains, but the size of elephants or larger.
>>
>>44509595
>dog becomes magically sapient and intelligent
>gets super self conscious about it's nudity
>tries to wear human pants to cover it's shame
>>
>>44509760
Now I want to play a dragon paladin with the world's biggest suit of plate armor.
>>
>>44510019
On its hind legs like with any other type of pants?
>>
>>44510058
Okay, the dragon keeps a clan of pixies in its body
>>
>>44512968
>Breath Weapon: Pixie Swarm
>>
>>44513040
>>44512968
I can get behind this, it'd be similar to the hive dragons that have bee swarm breath-weapons.
>>
>>44509882

Potentially pretty easy to deal with though. Lure it out and then have someone put a couple cartloads of wholesale cursed items on the pile while you're fighting it.
>>
>>44513088
Are those based on that Simpsons episode?
>>
>>44510018
>playing 3.5
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.