[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golem and/or Fey Civ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 5
File: Pick-A-Civ.png (513 KB, 912x944) Image search: [Google]
Pick-A-Civ.png
513 KB, 912x944
Hey there /tg/

I had an idea for a civ quest, and want to give it a try.

Heres the deal, you got a pick between two either Golems, living atop and inside a large mountain
Or Fey living in the walls of a Castle

OR!
You could pick both, having them live together in a place of your own choosing!

3 votes wins.

For this civ, you will get 2 actions per turn, and I will roll for these 2 actions on my desk.

So, lets get the ball rolling.
>>
>>44507435
Hey guy. I would vote to play both bc it sounds good but if anyone feels like choosing I would go with fey
>>
>>44507435
Golems are more exciting IMO. Self replication through arcane arts and elements, fuck yeah.
>>
>>44507435
Golems, but only if we're explicitly Jewish.
>>
The Golems are the product of the God of the Forge, and are one of the oldest races on the planet. They are a relatively peaceful people unless pushed into war by an outside force. More often than not they just want to make stuff and research new technology.
They range from being 8 to 12 feet tall and can be made up of more or less anything. Most Golems are made of some type of stone, or metal. They do have 'gender' or a sorts. 'Male' Golems have a blue glow to their eyes, and 'Female' Golems have a pink glow to their eyes. New Golems are made when a 'Male' and 'Female' come together and forge a new Golem on a special forge.

Fey are a small, curious people that enjoy playing tricks on other races. They love sweets, and warm areas. The population of Fey is very uneven, with more females than males. Males tend to take on a Harem to keep the population up.
>>
>>44507975
>New Golems are made when a 'Male' and 'Female' come together and forge a new Golem on a special forge.
Dropped.
>>
Golems. Because faries.
>>
>>44508033
Wut? Golems because 'screw' fairies?
Golems n mountains.
>>
Golems it is then.
>>
>>44507975
>Males tend to take on a Harem to keep the population up.
Can't believe this failed to sell /tg/ on the Fey.
>>
File: Golem.png (2 MB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
Golem.png
2 MB, 1500x2000
The Golem people live atop a large mountain, with a forest at the bottom.

Your people have spent the better part of 10,000 years living in isolation beneath the ground, forging weapons and studying new technology. However, a large earth quake stuck recently and destroyed much of your home and killed many of your people.
There are about 100 of you left now. 75 Stone Golems and 25 Metal.
One Golem, the leader of your people (you may pick his name) is the Rune Golem, He is the one that makes new Power Cores required to make New Golems. He can take on apprentices to make more Power Cores.

You are free to divide up the Golems into jobs as you see fit.
The jobs consist of
Warrior (defend your home, and scout out new areas)
Gatherers (Collect new resources to work with)
Builders (Self explanatory. Build shit)
Miners (Collect metal and stone to make weapons, and Metal Golems.)
Creators (Make New Golems. How ever assigning people to this can upset the population, as they see the 'forced creation' as rather impersonal.)
Black Smiths (Creator weapons and tools)

You current resources consist of what you were able to loot from the storage of your old home before leaving.

100 Steel
100 Iron
300 Stone
5 Power Cores (needed to make New Golems)
5 Warhammers
5 Suits of Armor
3 Pick Axes
3 Axes
3 Tool Sets
2 Black Smith Tool Sets

What are your 2 actions?
>>
>>44508411
Equally divide Golems into Gatherers, Builders, Miners and Creators, for now.

Have the Gatherers pay special atention to our surroundings, looking for signs of other peoples as well as resources.

Have the Builders use the stone to build some shelters and depots for the loot with the possibility of further expansion into workshops
>>
Granius Slab for our leaders name, have fifteen stone and metal golems train as warriors, have five golems from both groups learn to be Rune Golems. And I think that's all we can do this turn right?
>>
>>44508411
Metal golems train for combat.
Stone golems gather material.
1 metal, and 4 stone go study oonaking power cores.
>>
>>44508411
>>44508411
I would have all 25 metals to be warriors.
>>44508626
I like the name. Also, have 5 of the stones as apprentices
>>
>>44508786
Thanks, I willing to agree with Moe
>>
>>44508621
>>44508626

Granius Slab, the Mighty Golem Rune Mage, tells his people to split up into groups of 25.
25 Gatherers, Builders, Miners, and Creators.
How ever, with only 5 Power Cores at the ready, this is rather pointless. So, after a small bit of organization, the remaining 25 Golems are, consisting of about 12 Stone Golems and 13 Metal Golems, and divded up to do different things
Slab takes 5 Stone Golems to be his apprentices, the remaining 7 go to help gather resources
He orders the 13 metal Golems to take up arms and train.

The Builders get to work at creating housing and storage
(rolled, 10)
The Builders do well, not great, but well, and manage to get a large stone house build.
Many Golems say that this should house the Forge
The Metal Golems go about training.
(Rolled 19)
The Metal Golems very quickly pick up on their new job. Only 5 of them are armed, but a Metal Golems punch is enough to kill most anything.

Will post status next
>>
>>44508952

Warriors (13. All Metal)
Gatherers (32)
Miners (25)
Builders (25)
Rune Apprentices (5. All Stone)
>>
1 Large Stone House built (-25 Stone)

100 Steel
100 Iron
275 Stone

5 Power Cores (needed to make New Golems)
5 Warhammers
5 Suits of Armor
2 Black Smith Tool Sets

Pick Axes and Axes in use by Gatherers
Warhammers in use by Warriors
Tool Sets in use by Builders

What are you next two actions?
>>
Set up a forge in the stone house we built and get to work getting other materials by having our gatherers do their job.
>>
>>44509151
Focus on the Rune Apprentices. See if it would be useful for their training to magically enhance the stone house.

If the Metal warriors believe it won't affect their active duties, have them develop new martial techniques focusing on unarmed combat
>>
>>44509151
More gathering and build.
We are weak vs anything flying or ranged. Let's think about researching something to counter that.
>>
>>44509226
>focusing on unarmed combat
This. Fuck weapons and armor, those are the tools squishy and weak races use to compensate for nature not giving them powerful bodies.
>>
>>44509189
>>44509226

Slab orders the Builders to make a forge.
(Rolled 17)
They build a very nice forge in a short amount of time. (Black Smiting is now unlocked! Some of the Builders show interest in this job. there are 2 sets of Black Smiting Tools available)
-50 Stone
-10 Iron
-10 Steel

Slab him self focues on his apprentices, teaching them the ways of the Rune Mage.
(rolled 18. All 5 of the apprentices pick up on the art. With a little more training they can start making more Power Cores very easily.)

The Miners and Gatherers return

They have with them
400 Wood (They chopped down a lot of trees. They tore some of them right out of the ground and brought them back.)
100 Leafs. These are most use to make simple things. Like curtains. Or cloths. Some Golems like to do that, but its not something you have focus on making.

The Miners were lucky, and found a large Iron vain near your new home. They returned with 100 Iron

>>44509261
Golems are very strong, even the most poorly made of them can withstand the attacks of a dozen men. But Explosives and Lightening have been known to destroy Golems quickly.

Remaining resources
90 Steel
190 Iron
250 Stone
400 Wood
100 Leafs

32 Gatherers
25 Miners
25 Builders
Warriors 12 (All Metal)
5 Rune apprentices (all Stone. 90% done with Training)

As your Warriors go about patrols the your new home, they see figures on the path down to the forest at the base of the mountain. But they vanish before anyone can investigate.

What are you next two actions?

Also, for a little bit of Role playing, you can set your self up as a 'special' character. Just give me a name, type, and job.
>>
I think we should have watches around our home at all times.
>>
>>44509585
Stay on target with the apprentices training, but remind them that more than just breeding will be expected from them.

Have the builders us the wood to build a crude palisade around the settlement. Leave room for a look out tower.
>>
>>44509585
Teach mages fire magic and burn the whole forest.
Start learning alchemy, to turn stone golems into steel, this would help to tank explosions better. Also, as steel has great conductivity, maybe golems can learn to use the power of electricity to their advantage instead of it being a weakness.
>>
No assigning black smiths, then?
>>
>>44509865
Have them help the builders by making better tools or materials
>>
Wait assign some blacksmiths to make more weapons
>>
How much bone wpuld we need to construct the firat bone golem? Could we mix bones of different races? Would they look like the skeleton of a single creature, or more like heaping hulk made of bones?
>>
>>44509865
Yes, asign 5 blacksmiths but have them build tools and prepare materials for contruction
>>
I'll agree with the Apprentice instead of weapons
>>
>>44509679
>>44509778
>>44509787
>>44509889
>>44509890

Slab creates a sort of Inner countcil, taking his more promising Rune Apprentice and head of the Warriors.
Special Characters: Granius Slab (Chief Golem), Basalt Turve (Warrior Captain), Moebiuzz (First Apprentice)

Fuck it, two actions isn't enough. I'll just roll for what you guys pitch. Just don't over do it.

Two Gatherers step up and become black smiths. They set about forging new weapons and tools. Blacking Smiting is something all Golems are good at.
(Rolled 10)
The Blacksmith Golems manage to make several sets of building tools out of Iron.
-25 Iron
+10 Tool Sets
However, they fail to deliver any weapons for our warriors

Our warriors work on a new hand to hand to make up for their lack of weapons
(Rolled 16)
The Warriors develop a powerful Hand-To-Hand form of combat. They are defiantly can hold their own in combat. Should the need come.

The Builders set about using the large amount of wood to build a wall around our new home.
(Rolled 18)
Golems are really good at building. With the wood they got, they manage to build a very defensible wall. How ever, they use all the wood in the process. Watch Towers will need to be build with metal. Wood will not support Golems.

Slab teaches his apprentices the ways of the Rune mage
(Rolled 6)
The Apprentices seem to have gotten a bit cocky, after the last session went so well. How ever, Slab manages to instill the rest of the Way of The Rune Mage into them.
Training complete. Rune Mages can study new types of magic if you want them to.

>>44510069
A Golem can be made of anything. Even bone, how ever, to build such a thing you would need hundreds, maybe even thousands, of bones.

cont.
>>
>>44510190

The Gatherers set out once again
(Rolled 1. Oops)
The Gatherers fail to bring anything back due to a rain storm that made visibility terrible.

The Miners return to the Iron vain (Rolled to see if they found any new vains. They did not)
(Rolled 8 for mining)
They have a better time than the Gatherers. But not by much. They return home with 80 Iron.

Remaining resources
80 Steel
245 Iron
250 Stone
0 Wood
0 Leafs (Some of the Golems made clothes for themselves out of leafs. Hey, what ever makes them happy.)

30 Gatherers
25 Miners
25 Builders
Warriors 12 (All Metal)
5 Rune Mages (All Stone)

Builders have 13 Tool Sets
Blacksmiths have 2 Blacksmith Tool Sets
Warriors have 5 Warhammers and 5 suits of armor.
>>
What do you do next anons?
>>
>>44510190
>>44510304

The rune mages should atune themselves with the ground and use their power to prospect for useful ores. Finding a coal vein should be useful for eventually developing steel.

Get the forgers to confer with the builders and start building mechanisms to use either as siege engines, trebuchets and the like or as building tools.

>>44510190
>Fuck it, two actions isn't enough. I'll just roll for what you guys pitch. Just don't over do it.

Maybe just make harder for a roll to suceed so it doesn't get too long.
>>
>>44510360
>>44510304
I agree with Apprentice, one thing I'll add is that I'll have take the warriors to watch for any odd happenings.
>>
>>44510304
I shall gather. Rummage. Dig. Gather. The pack rat golem. Who knows what we could use.

I vote we gather more material
>>
>>44510190
>>44510304
Focusing on magic, a skill we are not naturally talented at, could prove to be a fatal mistake this early on. Should we continue on this path, it will be more efficient to specialize on a single branch we find less troublesome to develop.
Nature has brought us many calamities lately, and we aren't paying enough attention to developing a strong foundation for our new settlement. Most of our people don't even have a roof under their heads now that the great mountain has shown us her rage.
>>
>>44510623
>>44510531
Well shelter is more important for our people if need be me and my men can provide protection for gathering
>>
>>44510531
I amend my vote.
A cart/wagon to carry more material would be great.
Build transport things.
Gather more stuff.
>>
>>44510749
>Gather more stuff
Please let this be your catchphrase
>>
File: Iron_Rune_Golem.jpg (188 KB, 720x704) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Rune_Golem.jpg
188 KB, 720x704
>>44510623
We have a long tradition of dealing with nature in ways commoners may feel unnatural. Despite most of our knowledge and experts having been lost, we are still impressively tuned with the magic of this mountain, and owe it to ourselves to use it to improve our standing in this world.
>>
>>44507435
Why not have the fairies live IN the golems?

Each golem could house a fairy family or two if constructed right. Like walking townhouses.
>>
>>44510793
You know it.
>>
>>44510813
>>44510623
Why not focus our magically inclined brethren on their own bodies at first?
>>
>>44510873
Good idea.
I will gather stuff to aid in that.
>>
>>44510873
Although it does sound selfish to a degree, it could prove useful to develop enhancing the materials that constitute us through magic.
But I do believe we are still far from achieving anything too radical, or immediatel useful to our civilization. Not only have we very recently been able to understand the very basics of rune cores, but we should set our minds to actually make more of these cores in a time not so far from now.
>>
>>44510973
And I am of the same mind Mage I just wish to find a medium for you and the advisor as they're both good ideas
>>
>>44510813
Our magic relies on the support of our great mother, the mountain, but we are losing her favor. It has been growing weak for centuries.
Our great ancestors could even use their magic to tame disasters of the same magnitude of the ones that pushed us to this desperate situation, yet we were powerless to do anything but run like humans do when faced with the power of mother nature.

It will take hard work and a lot of time to restore our dominion over the ethereal arts, and time is a resource we don't have at the moment. Being pushed to the outside world means we're running on the same clock as the flesh creatures, and we've already felt the presence of an ominous shadow lurking in the woods.
Times like these demand us to focus our efforts in helping our people pull through, not pursuing our discipline's particular goals.
>>
>>44510531
>>44510623
>>44510421
>>44510726
>>44510360
Two more are brought onto the Council. Tink, named the officially unofficial head of the Gatherer Golems, and Corundum The Unclouded, a Blacksmith who offers Slab wise advice.

Your Gatherers head out once more.
(rolled 18)
The Golems are much luckier this time.
They return home with
1,000 Wood! (I roll a d10 to see how much wood they get lol)
along with 100 stone! They found a Quarry with some very nicely formed Stone while they were out. Taking all this back took almost a whole day, and the Gathering left a very large clearing.
The Warriors guarded them the entire time. More figures watched the Golems as they worked. Several broken arrows were found. Apperently who ever is spying on you took pot shots at the Golems. Unaware that men of Stone and Steel are unaffected by such trivially weapons. One of your Warriors says she believes that your 'attackers' are elves, and we are destroying their forest.

The Builders go about building houses out of stone
(Rolled 17)
The Builders manage to erect 3 more stone houses. They are very nice houses. One is dubbed 'Town Hall', where the Council meets, the other is a storage shed, and the last one will be used as the first house of the town.
-150 Stone

The Smiths work once more.
(rolled 14)
The Smiths churn out a enough Warhammer for all the warriors, and 3 sets of Black Smiths tools. 3 Miners become Blacksmiths.

The Miners search for more Ore (rolled 16)
The Miners find a large steel vain not far from the Iron vain.
The lack of tools make it difficult to bring much back, but they bring back 50 Steel and 50 Iron each.

The Rune Mages argue over what magic they should study but don't come to much a conclusion.

How ever, with some free time, Slab manages to make 4 Power Cores out of the Metal the Miners brought back.

80 Steel
245 Iron
150 Stone
1,000 Wood

30 Gatherers
22 Miners
25 Builders
Warriors 12 (All Metal)
5 Rune Mages (All Stone)
5 Blacksmiths
>>
Well friends what should we do with these 'Elves' then? I don't believe we're ready for a full scale war as of yet and the thought of our men using guerilla tactics is hilarious at best.
>>
File: Town Map.png (22 KB, 912x944) Image search: [Google]
Town Map.png
22 KB, 912x944
Your village consists of
A large, well built Wooden Wall
A Forge
A Town Hall
A Large Storage Shed
and a House

I even went ahead and made the shittiest map I could for you guy!
>>
>>44510817
best idea, shame it didn't win
>>
>>44511182
The Rune Mages will focus on ways to fuse available weapons to the warriors, enhancing them.

Based on his now frequent success, I'd also like to ask Tink to keep an eye out for precious gems that could unlock more of our power. It is known that some of them are related to specific magic elements we could make use of. If the gatheres feel they need help, we'd be happy to set our Rune Magic into prospecting the mountain
>>
>>44511304
Find some Fey
Offer them protection.
Its a win-win
>>
>>44511182
That's how you gather stuff!
Any chance of getting a sled/cart to carry more stuff?
Our carrying strength is good, but our pull strength is better.

My action next turn: gather more stuff.
Any particular stuff you all are looking for?
>>
>>44511266
Ignore them for now? Unless they interfere with the gathering of stuff. Look at their little arms..they probably can't gather or carry for shit.
>>
>>44511354
>>44511321
The Warriors will continue to guard our precious gatherers, I like that idea.
>>
>>44511182
It seems like wood is the predominant resource in this area. We've never tried this before, but now that that we can create Power Cores, it would be an enormous breakthrough if we could create new members of our species by using that wood as their foundation.

>>44511266
To elves, that only know about us from heavily distorted legends, we would likely appear to be mindless and dangerous beasts. Trying to communicate with them could be hard.
We should find an intermediary to approach them, maybe a member of other race, or perhaps a new form of golem...
>>
>>44511464
I keep forgetting to put the name
>>
>>44511464
I'll leave those ideas to the Blacksmiths and Mages but a nonviolent option sounds best for now.
>>
>>44511321
We shall attempt to gather gem stuff.
>>
>>44511543
Honestly? Fuck Elves. They are vile, two-faced, tree-hugging cannibals that do not craft with true stone. If needed, I'm sure Basalt can lead a Raid on them eventually, but in the meantime, we should either ignore them or finding out where they hide at, at the most.
>>
>>44511733
They have not interfered with gathering stuff so far.

I say ignore them. Or if the military wants we can go gather them.
>>
>>44511733
Such venom mage we've yet to even meet these creatures in any sort of meaningful way. Though I will admit the enjoyment of trees so much that they'd harm others in their defense is stupid.
>>
>>44511321
How about a rune that aids in gathering? Helps me spot metals and gems and better stuff? Or let's me carry more? Bad idea, good idea?
>>
No mineral should be sullied with the blood of the organics. Attacking those creatures is beyond us, as long as they do not bring harm to our great land.
>>
>>44511837
Well Smith I'd wager an arrow knocked against us is an arrow knocked against our land.
>>
>>44511829
Absolutely, I'd love to be able to equip you with runes that make you glow when near a given ore.
>>
>>44511900
The day the arrow can pierce the rock, I'll consider them a threat.
>>
>>44512012
I simply feel it's within our best interest to recognize them as a threat they were gauging a new foe now they know conventional means carry no effect.
>>
The Gatherers head out, like they always do, fallowed by the Warriors for protection.
(rolled 19)
The Gatherers strike gold!
Not literally, how ever. They find an abandoned coal mine. They don't have the tools to start digging, but the spot is now known to you.
They gather another 1,000 wood, and some loose stone from the Quarry (100)

But not all goes well!
As they returned to town, they are attacked by the Elves! 12 of them, 6 armed with swords and 6 bows.
They yell at you in a strange language. But no one understands, and they attack you with swords and bows. How ever, conventional weapons are useless against the MIGHTY GOLEM WARRIORS. They have no choice but to defend them selves, and make very, very quick work of them.
The Gatherers bring the bodies back with them. For science.

The Smiths decide it would be wise to make sure all the miners have pick axes, and that the Gatherers have carts to bring their resources back.
They split into teams of 3 and 2 and (rolled 16) manage to get pick axes build for all the miners
-100 Iron, -50 Wood
and 3 very nice carts put together. Out of steel, to support the massive haul that the Gatherers usually have.
-30 steel

The Miners split into two teams, 11 to the Steel and Iron veins, and 11 to the Quarry.
(rolled 13)
Both teams make out well. Bringing in 200 Iron, 200 Steel and 200 Stone respectively.

230 Steel
445 Iron
450 Stone
1,950 Wood

Some of the Golems request that a Golem Forge be made. Couples are wishing to start families. A few others wish for a temple to be built to the Forge God so they can pay respects.
>>
>>44512103
I believe a defensive approach should be the wiser choice for now. Our scarce troops are still much needed to protect and help our citizens against the dangers of nature.
>>
>>44512194
Well their blood sullied stone on this day unfortunate I'd ask the blacksmiths for shields large enough for our warriors to use. And we'll start training
>>
>>44512193
The elf things are interfering with the gathering of stuff!!!
I found no gems for the mage. I blame the elf things for that.
>>
>>44512297
Let's start gathering in the coal mine!!
>>
>>44512297
Well friend tink they're now gathered
>>
>>44512193
If we want to stand strong against the elves, increasing our numbers should be our priority.
I favor the construction of a golem forge over a temple, and I'll personally design all the equipment the warriors need.
As for the mages, I would suggest they try researching a way to conceal our settlement, since unlike us, our buildings could be destroyed by those creatures.
>>
I'd also wager the shrine to the forge god would be a good idea so as to go with the hammers blessing.
>>
>>44512297
Rockdamm them. Any race that eschews stone, eschews the heart of the Mountain. There is no soul in them. Elves craft no stone, and so they are animals on two legs.

Equip the warriors with the latest developments of the forge, and send them out to find more about this particular group.

>>44512407
I agree. Lets not waste anymore time that can be used to bolster our numbers.
>>
>>44512407
My vote has been amended the forge I'm eager to teach the next generation of warriors
>>
I forgot to roll for the Rune Mages

The Rune Mages (finally) come to agreement on work on making our warriors better. They begin researching the prospect of fusing a Warrior and his Weapon. The idea is simple enough. In just a few days they have the concept of a deployable Warhammer in the arm. They get about 35% done. They would have more done but some Apprentices get into an argument over who was a better Smith, GuyGax Barfolomu or Maranock Sigerdook.
>>
>>44512443
Well done brother! You are to be commended
>>
>>44512407
Can coal be useful?
We should gather coal for the smith.
>>
Coal needs gathered.
You all know how much stuff we can gather in that mine?

I'm just saying'. Maybe go gather stuff from the coal mine??
>>
>>44512696
I'll second the decision to gather the coal.
>>
>>44512654
>>44512696
Coal would be helpful.
It is rumored that the legendary diamonds can be found where coal resides. Keep an eye for anything that shines, gatherer.
>>
We should send a couple warriors with flowers and a sword and have them present them to the elves if they choose flowers peace if sword war.
>>
Me and my warriors will keep an eye out for the elves then
>>
>>44512749
Good call.
Gather coal and gems from the new mine.
>>
>>44512654
If magic isn't involved, the only way to take the carbon out of the iron ore in quantities enough to make steel out of it is with the hot fires that a mineral coal forge can produce.
>>
>>44512867
>take the carbon out of the iron
You mean add it? Steel is an iron + carbon alloy.
>>
The Gatherers are eager to check out the old Coal mine, and go with the Miners. With both teams working together (rolled ten)
So many massive Golems working together crowds the place a bit, making it a bit hard to work. But, they still do well.
They bring back 300 Coal.
There is no sign of any Elves this time.
The Warriors leave out a Sword and a Flower for them. they hope the choice is clear.

The Builders listen to the people, and construct a Golem Forge (rolled 19) The Builders are so quick in their actions that they have time to build a Shine to the Forge god. This time, how ever, they are not as lucky (rolled 5) and barely manage to get it half finished.
-300 Stone
-500 Wood
-100 Iron
-150 Steel
(Golem Forges are large, complicated, and sacred things)

The Rune Mages work on their research (rolled 7)
But get fuck all done. (45 % done on Golem/Weapon research)

Basalt Turve asks the Smiths to make shields for the Warriors. They do so happily. (18 rolled)
It takes a lot of your remaining steel, as well as a bit of your Iron, but they manage to pump out enough shields for all the Warriors.

Slab him self attempts to make more Power Cores
He uses some wood to make 3 Power Cores. The ways of the Rune Mage are strange.
-300 Wood

Several Golem Couples go into the large forge and make a new Golem
4 new Golems are... uh... 'born'
>>
>>44512867
We shall gather much coal for you.
>>
>>44513028
We did not have a good gather.
I will do better next time.
>>
>>44513028
Well whichever of the four are willing to become warriors I'll take them. My men and I continue to train.
>>
>>44513027
Yes, but with less than 2% in mass, way more than what is found on ores. Iron must be reduced, by oxidizing or removing impurities such as nitrogen, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur and excess carbon. Basic Rune College stuff.

>>44513028
Keep working on ways to enhance golems and their weapons as one. Maybe it will only be possible to make armed and armored golems from scratch. The new Forge will be useful for testing this as well.
>>
>>44512769
We should try this
>>
>>44513165
Already done we shall their response
>>
Current Resources

80 Steel
345 Iron
150 Stone
1,150 Wood
300 Coal

'New Born' Golems, though the Power of Magic and the design of The Forge God, they take time to grow into full blown 'Adults'

So what are your actions?
>>
>>44513220
Mage needs gems.
Smith needs coal.
I shall gather at the mine. Say a quick prayer at the altar first, maybe have a better gathering than last time.
>>
>>44513220
Take however many to be warriors and train them.
>>
We should refine our iron ore into steel now that we have coal at our disposition.
From now on, I believe it will be more efficient to mine coal and iron instead of steel, since steel is hard to mine with our current iron pickaxes and coal may give us a shot at finding gemstones (not to mention steel veins don't actually exist IRL).
The builders should finish the temple, and we ought to honor the Forge God by making a fine weapon that makes him proud enough to give it his blessing, then give it to the Captain.
Miners should look for gemstones and we must assign the new golems to the workforce or train them in combat or the arcane arts.
>>
>>44513331
I agree with the blacksmith
>>
>>44513157
>Maybe it will only be possible to make armed and armored golems from scratch. The new Forge will be useful for testing this as well.
This is a great idea, I'll support the mages if they want to research this.
>>
Is it to late to join . Im the warrior who wanted peace
>>
>>44513489
Never too late to join us on the council.
>>
>>44513489
Wether we have peace is up to the elves now.
We gave them a choice, soon we will know the answer. Maybe you can lead a scout party and go find what happened to the flowers and sword we offered them.
>>
>>44513616
Gladly um I guess q m rolls to see how that goes
>>
>>44513264
>>44513272
>>44513331

The Gatherers do what they do best.
(Rolled 1)
How ever, another storm hit, making it difficult to difficult to gather anything.
The Warriors find a sword stabbed into the Wall outside of town.
This means the Elves want to fight.

The Miners head out once more.
(Rolled 20!)
The Miners are lucky, this time around. They manage to bring back 600 Iron and 200 Stone, and find a large cave that is filled with all sorts of gems. How ever, they found signs of Elves in the area, and it is very far from town.

The Builders work with the Smiths to construct the Temple to the Forge God
(another 20!)
The two teams manage to construct a great Temple to the Forge God!
It takes up the 150 Stone, 200 Iron, 50 Steel, 75 Coal, and 150 Wood

One of the Young Golems shows great promise in becoming a warrior, and is now training with the rest of the Warriors.
The other 3 Young Golems are still learning. Although 1 of them shows great sign of becoming a Rune Mage.

The Rune Mages continue their work on the Golem/Weapon hybrid. With the Golem Forge, the can theorize the process much faster
(Rolled 19+5)
The Rune Mages FINALLY come up with something. They tell the Warriors that a quick and easy 'operation' can make it so the Warrior is one with his weapons. The hammer will go into his/her arm, and easily be deployable at will. It is attached to a steel chain so the weapon cannot be knocked out of their hands. This should make them 10x more effective is ever caught off guard
>>
>(Rolled 1)
Shouldn't such a low roll actually produce a negative result, like some of them dying or resources being lost?
>>
>>44513783
What abilities we naturally have . Rotating hands , storage compartments , night vision , etc
>>
>>44513821
Noooooo!
Clearly, the elves have cursed my gathering luck. We had great gathers till the elves came.
>>
How did the negotiations go QM
>>
I'll take it and well its war then friends
>>
>>44513783
>The Rune Mages FINALLY come up with something.

Yes! I knew it! Basalt, feel free to get your squad enhanced for this new era of fighting.
I, for one, will now turn my team to the gems the miners came up with. Is it posible to fuse the magic in these gems into a golem, thus creating golems with ranged capabilities? Say, a magma sprouting Golem out of a Sunstone, or lighting shooting out of a Pietersite gem?

>>44513863
Indeed! They must be vanquished from this land!
>>
>>44513899
>>44513863
We must not be so quick to action we can work this out peacefully . We have been at peace for as long as we have been in that mountain but this is not our land this is there's and we are the invaders.
>>
>>44513783
Since the elves have made their decision, we should start trying to locate their base and figuring out the extent of their forces. We should use a small party for this, keep it as stealthy as giant mineral creatures can.
Have a bigger group of warriors raid the gemstone cave so the miners can extract some of them. If the elves have been there, it would mean they also value them as a resource, so we should prevent them
from getting the gems first.
>>
I wanna get a shield attached to my left arm. Are you able to do that.
>>
>>44513899
Well take the upgrades
>>
>>44513940
Its our land. Our bodies are made of rocks from this mountain. Thats as "our land" as it gets.
They also disrupt the gathering.
>>
>>44513899

Can u figure out a way to make us more stealthy?
>>
>>44514061
Second this. The elves have no trouble spotting us as we are right now, and we need to somehow gather some intel on them before we try to attack.
>>
>>44514061
We could make golems that blend in with the forest make them similar to trees and the like.
>>
>>44513835
If you were doing something that was, ya know, super dangerous, than yes.
But you are right in some way or another
1 Steel Cart is broken and 1 Gatherer Golem is lost for 3 days before returning to camp covered in swamp water and paint. When asked what happened to him he says 'don't ask'

The Gatherers, 11 Miners and 5 Warriors set out to this strange gem mine.
(Rolled 20. You guys are lucky as shit, you know that?)
The group makes out like bandits, digging up Hundreds of of Gems and Stones.
+2000 Gems added (Gems can be used to make a big, shiny Golem, can be enchanted [if Rune Mages research this.] and traded with other races for stuff and things.

Smiths and Builders work together to start making houses for the their people
(I shit you not its another 20. What the fuck)
Using some wood, and by moving the Wall around the town a little bit, manage to make 5 houses. Golem Couples move in with their young. This place is starting to look like a proper town.
With some left over time, the smiths make up some Steel, and turn it into chain for the Rune Mages to modify the warriors with.

The Rune Mages gather all the Warriors in the Golem Forge and begin the 'operation' to upgrade them.
(rolled 16)
All operations are finished in a timely manner. Nothing amazing happens, nor does anything terrible happen. All and all its a good day.

Golem Warriors can not never have their weapon or shields knocked out of their hands. Making them a force to be feared. This does someone make their hand to hand skills pointless.

One more turn guys, and then OP needs some sleep
>>
>>44514155
Some way to make us stealthy please?
>>
>>44514155
Woohoo!
You wanted gem friend mage?
>>
>>44514192
Ask the First.
>>
>>44514155
Our cart!!
I suspect the elves killed our gatherer and destroyed our cart.

Your thoughts warrior?
>>
>>44514003
Absolutely. Stop by the forge and give the Smiths your specifications. We'll then make it a part of you and you'll feel it has always been there.

>>44514149
>>44514061
Interesting. Maybe we should research into using the organic material found in the wood these damn elves hate so much. Although honestly, there are too few of us Rune apprentices. We are open for a redistribution of labour, we need more minds focusing on all these tasks.
>>
>>44514263
So, yes. Enchant gems to enhance watever equipment the warriors want, research into stealth gems if any, or wood if not (fossilized wood?), and add more numbers to our Rune team.
>>
I vote we work on upgrading picks and axes and building tools. Better tools could help.
( I see our gather golem was just lost)
I am still pushing for smashing elves before their magic grows enough to harm us)
>>
Keep creating golems and making weapons to arm them, maybe try making one of those new gem golems. It's not my area of expertise, but if we made a gem golem, could we enchant him to turn him into a, say. fire golem?
>>
>>44514298
You need to research enchantment first.
>>
I go to the the forge and set my specifications (a retractable shield that can retract so that its small enough not to be noticeable . Then go the the forge shrine and pray for guidance and knowledge.
>>
>>44514340
Mages should research enchantment.
Warriors should scout the elves .
Smiths should make great weapons to gain the favor of the Forge God.
The rest should make babies.
>>
I am really fucking tired.

We will continue this in the morning.

If you guys are still around
and I wake up before 3
See you all then?
>>
>>44514340
Then lets do it!

These elves... they dare... DARE to dictate what we do with the lands the Mountain gave us. Trees are not beings. They are fuel that grows. They are charcoal farms, they are for our walls and furnaces, and yet the Elves revere them. Lets show them who is in charge.

>>44514427
Sure, nice thread. Will try to catch again
>>
>>44514427
See you later
>>
>>44514443
Thats dangerous thinking brother yes the mountain gave us this land but did the trees not give the elves this land as well.
>>
>>44514427
Thx for running it! Great game m8.
>>
>>44514427
See you then
>>
>>44516668
Hell yea.
Hope this doesn't die on us.
>>
Bam
>>
Yo
>>
Golems rule elves droll all over our golem hammers and I'm not talking about the ones that are in our arms, ayyyy lmao! Doing this to keep thread alive and to let civmaster is cool anon for making this.
>>
damn missed the start of the thread, I'd have been rallying for friendly golems and peace and attempts to make flesh golems to talk to elves and shit.

wouldn't have ended pretty prolly but it would have been a wild ride.
>>
Anyone still alive?
>>
interested player reporting
>>
File: activate.png (566 KB, 1220x912) Image search: [Google]
activate.png
566 KB, 1220x912
Hey anons

Golem Civ will be a weekly thread. Every Tuesday.
Sound good?
>>
>>44521060
Sounds good to me
>>
Sounds good but are we continuing today?
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.