[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the Hipsterhammer movement? Is it basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: AgeofSigmar_convo.png (278 KB, 901x932) Image search: [Google]
AgeofSigmar_convo.png
278 KB, 901x932
What are your thoughts on the Hipsterhammer movement? Is it basically the same thing as the Old School Renaissance, but for Warhammer instead of D&D?
>>
the fuck does that mean
>>
I would like to cause physical harm to the person responsible for that image.
>>
>>44506174
I've seen the same thing with Magic.
The thing is, the OSR actually produces content, it's not just a sterile celebration of "muh old days".
>>
>>44506205
To be fair there is a lot of stodgy retreading and bitching about what exactly should constitute the OSR. But yeah that community seems uniquely blessed with having some really inventive people producing great content out of all of these nostalgia movement.
>>
>>44506205
Age of Sigmar arguable produces content too, given all the different ways people are doing army comp.
>>
>hipsterhammer
>>
>>44506174
You made this up, didn't you, OP?
>>
>>44506229
OSR is nostalgia for the old days when people made a lot of shit up rather than waiting for the next expansion. If Hipsterhammer was fondly gazing back to a period of lots of house ruling, then they'd make stuff too.
>>
>>44506174
I hope you made that image to troll us, OP.
>>
>>44507021
>>44507186
http://hipsterhammer.tumblr.com/
>>
>>44507270
Beat me to it. See the original at:
http://hipsterhammer.tumblr.com/search/mansplaining
>>
>>44506199

You're upset someone was worried about being an asshole but wasn't, so they joked about it?
>>
So, after looking through the site:
This basically just two hipsters unironically playing Warhammer kind off ironically. And absolutely nothing special or really interesting.

You uploaded that pic just to stir up shit and get people to vistit your blog, didn't you, OP?
Well played, I guess.
>>
>>44507358

That's pretty much what I'm getting from it too, though they come off more as grognards acting hipstery than hipsters themselves.

The buying guides are pretty handy though.
>>
Kieron Gillen is a corporate shill for every company under the sun.
>>
>>44507309

That's not the point, you need to consider the context.

>Tell sole qt girl at convention their paints were bad
>She takes the advice and offers phone number
>Text her later to initiate coversation, act all cute and apologetic, women like that right?
>She says it isn't a problem
>Oh I'm really sorry though because you're a woman and I was explaining things to you, like totally misogyny!
>Clara rolls with it and just calls you oppressor scum
>Haha, I'll post this exchange on my Tumblr, look how tolerant I am!
>>
>>44507472
Maybe it's more Grognard Hipster fusion?

As in people have been exposed to a hipsterish outlook for so long that they feel that is how they should act about things they enjoy. I'm sure this could be pulled apart into a fascinating piece of social commentary about subcultures and hobbies and shit.
>>
>>44507589

You're really bad at flirting.
>>
>>44507677

Because I think a guy being meek and passive is a turn-off?
>>
>>44507780

If I have to explain this one to you, you're probably beyond help.
>>
>>44507854

If it means hearing you defend a guy unironically using the term "mansplaining" then yes, I'm probably beyond help.
>>
>>44507589

Again, this really just looks like OP is pissed that the guy was worried he looked like an asshole and might have come across as "talking down" to another person.

oh no basic human decency in my warhammar this is truly the end times
>>
>>44506174
More money for the money throne i guess, GW will live prosperous in their realm in the eye of chaos
>>
>>44508075

Is this like calling a restaurant and apologizing to a waitress there because you thought the vinaigrette was a little too watery, and you say how you felt like you were "mansplaining" how food should be?
>>
>>44508145

Not a great analogy - she wasn't painting HIS models, HE was coming over and commenting on HER models - so I guess it would be more accurate to say that it's more like...

You walk into a restaurant and see someone else is eating steak. You ask them how their steak is, then apologise for interrupting their meal and not meaning to come across as rude.
>>
>>44508145

Its more like being worried they're acting anything like you. People who worry about being obnoxious more often than not end up being fine. Its the obnoxious people who never consider that they might suck.

;^)
>>
>>44508075

If it's basic human decency then why did he seem so damn apologetic, decide to take a screenshot of how sorry he was, and the post the apology on Tumblr with a tag for "mansplaining?"

Should I whip out the flog to purify myself every time I don't put the toilet seat back down?
>>
>>44507589
The guy texting is gay, actually.
>>
>>44508434

>Should I whip out the flog to purify myself every time I don't put the toilet seat back down?

All men, no, but you sound like you could use a good flogging so yeah go ahead.
>>
>>44508244

Actually, to better fit the analogy you need to include the man saying he's just being a "big dumb man" for acting like he knew how a steak should be cooked, and then record the entire conversation so he could post it on his blog and add a tag for "carnivore caveman things."

He took like three steps more than he needed to in his nothing apology.
>>
>>44508463

But isn't it a common decency thing to put the toilet seat down? If I fail to do that then clearly I need to apologize, decry the brutish ways of my gender, and post it all on my blog.
>>
>>44508573
Just beating yourself to death would be fine, no worries.
>>
>>44508497
>>44508573

>post in on my blog

Ah, now I see - the issue isn't the fact that a man is apologising.

It's the fact that is a man is apologising WHERE PEOPLE CAN SEE IT.

Now I see the true atrocity of the sin before me.
>>
>>44508434
You don't close the toilet, lid and all, when you're finished?

You savage.
>>
>>44508874

You use a toilet instead of shitting in the garden to fertilise the plants?

You monster.
>>
>>44506174
I don't think I want anything to do with a group that actually likes the Stormcast Eternals.

http://hipsterhammer.tumblr.com/post/135791851791/the-last-first-impressions-on-age-of-sigmar
>>
>>44508646

He's apologizing for shit that doesn't matter and is making it a big ole deal by posting it on his blog and insisting it's a case of narrowly avoided mansplaining.

It's pathetic and I can see now why he only pursues boy butts.
>>
>>44509062

Dudebutt is pretty good tbf.
>>
>>44508075
I thought it was Age of Sigmar now.

Sorry, I'm new
>>
>>44506174

This triggers me
>>
>>44508075

Or you can say something to the tune of

>Hey, I don't mean to tell you what to do, but generally I thin my paints before applying them.

There. No autism, no mansplaining, just two people having a conversation.
>>
File: Infinity.jpg (152 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Infinity.jpg
152 KB, 500x500
>>44509092
You might want to try out a different, more butt-centric game.
>>
>>44509272
>Hey I don't mean to tell you what to do but I'm going to tell you what to do
>I can get away without apologizing or being called on this behaviour because I am a man
>>
>>44509092
Trapbutt is arguably superior IMO

Girlbutt is just overrated
>>
>>44509320
>I can get away without apologizing or being called on this behaviour because I am a man
This is just retarded lad, why is being a man even worth mentioning in this scenario?
>>
>/tg/ not only legitimately thinks "mansplaining" is a thing, but encourages insisting you don't do it as a way of "not being an asshole".

/tg/ is nothing but hugbox cunts these days.
>>
>>44509360
If you don't see how your maleness is endemic to that situation I don't see much point in discussing this further. It's not my job to educate you.
>>
>>44509332

I've seen some really good girl butts, anon.
>>
>>44509392

Is this the same type of thing where you say "I can't even, I'm just so done. Ugh?"
>>
>>44509433
Far be it for me correct, or even disagree, with what you think. That should never happen to a man, right?
>>
>>44509392
>Confidence in your opinions and forwardness is a male behaviour
I see your point, women really need to step up their game senpai
>>
>>44509402
Yeah you are right, I meant that trap/boy buttholes are superior, if we're just talking buttocks, girls take the cake
>>
>>44509582
That's actually true but it's not entirely on women.
>>
>>44506174
>>44507289
>mansplaining
I googled this. It is quite literally sexist and bigoted. Women constantly assume men are clueless as well
>>
>>44509708
You should tell them that.
>>
>>44509708
But sexism is prejudice+systemic advantage, women can't be sexist against men anon ;^)
>>
>>44506174
Looks like fucking nothing.
>>
>>44507289
>kieron gillen

Didn't he used to do reviews for PCGamer UK?
>>
>>44510056
Yep. Then he became a very successful comics writer.
>>
>>44507157
I thought OSR was nostalgia for when people fucked with the rules as the wanted, rather than ratting through all the books to find out the exact climbing difficulty for red dragon guts.
>>
>>44509646
>That's actually true but it's not entirely on women.

It's not on women to stop being offended by innocuous behavior?

Offense isn't given, it's taken. Meaning if you take offense, it's because you chose to. It's your fault.
>>
>>44510083
I remember he did a boring Iron Man arc... though he was stuck with Greg Land as the 'artist' which will kill interest in anything pretty damn fast as it's impossible to not look it and go 'is that tom cruise he's traced this time?'
>>
>>44507677
>acting like a submissive, overly apologetic beta is gonna get me laid
K
>>
>>44510329
>jokes are not flirting
>>
>>44510399

>self-deprecating jokes are flirting.
>>
>>44508874
not me, baby. I piss in the sink. Run some water afterward so there's no urine stinking up the u bend and saves tons of water over flushing.
>>
Man, fuck you. I get it, you're being ironic with the mansplaining, but landwhale tumblrinas and SJW actually believe it's a thing. It's not something to joke about, it's a sign of the fall of society
>>
>>44510538
That tumblr is serious anon
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.