[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had a dream last night and I think I want to make it into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 750x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 750x550
I just had a dream last night and I think I want to make it into my next villain. Think of a very humanoid looking scrap metal golem. Now make it colossal+++ sized and give it the personality of a pimp with a god complex. Then add a top hat that serves as a TV screen and a general universal gadget. Every time the players manage to defeat it he'll loose a size category but come back at full health (after a certain amount of time).Also It has a certain cult following that are similar to the mad max albino road warriors with the whole "Serve me better and you'll go to a greater place in heaven" kind of ideology going on. Then there's a normal-ish looming human he has taken a liking to that hangs around on/in his hat and keeps track of all the technical and industrial duties a colossal+++ golem can't really keep track of.

Anyone have any ideas on how to work this into a game while I can still recal what happened (dream fading fast).
>>
Well I guess this is another dream that dies.

Anyone else try to put a dream into their games?
>>
Last Bump
>>
>>44499818
>doing anything creative based on dreams
Plz no
>>
>>44500981
Kill yourself.
>>
>>44500981
No, seriously, kill yourself as soon as possible, you drone. And before you manage to do that, stay away from anything that requires application of creativity.
>>
>>44499818
Two actions per round. One from the golem, one from the human who does emergency repairs and activates various subsystems.

The TV screen could give hints about how to attack the golem, ominous warnings of the future, or highlights of the carnage the golem has left behind.
>>
Bram Stoker supposedly wrote Dracula after some bad seafood gave him nightmares.
>>
>>44501141
Huh, I would've guessed chicken with paprika.
>>
>>44501177
Nah. Some of that tuna is chocked full of mercury so I'm not surprised it caused nightmares.
>>
>>44499818
>normal-ish looming human he has taken a liking to
Why do I imagine harlequin as that human.
>>
>>44501056
Dreams are only interesting to the dreamer. You can put a dream at the core of your writing, but to base something entirely on a dream?

Look at what he posted.
>a pimp with a god complex
>>a top hat television
>>a giant robot made of trash

All of these ideas are good individually, or even combining two of them. But all three? The symbols are too dense for the players to grab an end.
>>
>>44501141
Only the first chapter is based on one of his dreams.
>>
>>44501756
>>a pimp with a god complex
If you were 300+ feet tall and made of metal with a cult following you wouldn't it make sense to have a god complex?
>>a top hat television
I've had weirder things happen in my dreams. Remember OP was probably typing his as soon as he woke up so the ideas stayed fresh.
>>A giant robot made of trash
Scrap metal. Still would be terrifying to fight. Maybe every time he's defeated and gets smaller he becomes more refined and sleek until it becomes a humanoid death cyborg that looks completely normal.
>>
>>44499818
I'd say overall this sounds like a cool thing but could use some work. I think the giant golem itself is a just a bit too over the top for me but outside of that I like it.
>>
>>44501892
This would require a very "different" preexisting setting to put it in, or even making a brand new one.
Here's how I roughly picture it. The setting is a recovering post-apocalyptic setting where an hyper-advanced magitech civilization destroyed itself in a war/worldbreaking cataclysm.
The golem in question is a haywire construct made by this civilisation, that had gone rogue, self aware and attained an illusion of grandeur. Gradually it attached new pieces of lost artifacts to itself, making his body bigger and stronger and spreading it's consciousness over the new pieces.
As it's ego and power grew, it started viewing itself as a perfect being, and desired to remake the whole world into it's image. For this reason it started gathering alll the remnant artifacts in one place, heaping them to cover the landscape to make the world look like it.
Destroying it's body shatters it into it's original components, but with time they assemble back, guided by the golen's consciousness. It takes time and effort, and an unincarnated consciousness vanes, losing power over some of it's components, which is why the ne w body is smaller and has to rebuild itself properly after it recovers. To destroy the golem permanently, you need to kill it often enough.
It's followers are the people that after seeing it's imeense power and control over the uncomprehenisble artifacts over the lost civilisation see it as a godlike figure. The guy on the shoulder is it's closest minion, tasked with attaching new pieces to it's body to increased efficiency.
The top hat with a TV screen is just another expression of it's vanity.

Seems doable. With some polish this could make a nice BBEG for a fantasy campaign.
>>
>>44502148
That sounds like fun! 8.9/10 would play.
>>
>>44499818
ooooh i like it.

i wish i had some sort of music program, cause im writing a theme song in my head already.
>>
Let's be real tho
No matter how you spin it, a top hat tv is ridiculous
>>
>>44503607
That's not a reason not to include it.

In a whacky setting, it'll fit right in.
In a serious setting it can be used to accentuate the deviancy/abnormality of the golem, make him clashy, sticking out, antagonizing on a whole new level.
>>
>>44503607
>The top hat serves as a TV screen and a UNIVERSAL GADGET.
I can't believe most of you missed this little detail.
>>
>>44499818
That card was so shit, oh my god
>>
>>44503710
That makes it 10x more ridiculous anyways
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.