[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bat Elf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 2rwlvyd.jpg (31 KB, 655x212) Image search: [Google]
2rwlvyd.jpg
31 KB, 655x212
Elves as the forest dwelling relatives of bats, y/n?

>principly known for eating fruits and sweets
>fond of wine which is just fermented fruit juice
>often live in trees
>keen senses
>canny hunters despite not being traditional carnivores
>pointy ears
>cute
>squeak squeak

Mite b cool?
>>
File: bat nose.jpg (24 KB, 236x355) Image search: [Google]
bat nose.jpg
24 KB, 236x355
Personally I prefer goblins for the "bat-like humanoid role." Mainly because it seems more natural for them to have absurd-looking noses, which is pretty much the best reason to have bat-ish people around.
>>
File: Antrozous pallidus Pallid bat.jpg (134 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
Antrozous pallidus Pallid bat.jpg
134 KB, 1000x668
>Elves have had bat ears this whole time
>>
>>44495704
Well, the fruit bats that OP is suggesting that elves evolved from typically don't have the weird sound-focusing nose frills, or at least less prominent ones. So it could be a case of elves being descended from the fruit eaters and goblins being descended from the insectivores.
>>
Elves are just bats afflicted with Reverse-Vargouillism
>>
>>44495789
Are Dark Elves Vampire Bats?
>>
>>44495734
It certainly makes nipponese and Warcraft elves make more sense doesn't it?

>>44495704
I too like goblin elves, especially those sketches - you know the ones - but thought this was an interesting take on elves who are usually seen as divine or cervine in nature
>>
File: 1450805102808.jpg (261 KB, 1280x1512) Image search: [Google]
1450805102808.jpg
261 KB, 1280x1512
>>44495641
>>
File: 1449350713264.jpg (84 KB, 1024x809) Image search: [Google]
1449350713264.jpg
84 KB, 1024x809
>>44496067
Woops, that's not the right image.
>>
>>44496082
I dunno, seemed pretty appropriate
>>
>>44495704

I'm a scrub that likes fruitbats more than vampire bats because they look like flying fox-ferrets.

>>44496082

I might dislike those smug elves but that makes me sad. Your first image, not the 2nd.

Speaking of lotr, I never caught the Hobbit movies because they looked eh, but having stumbled across the Song of Durin from it, holy hell I can't stop listening to it. Yeah sung by some dwarfs in a tavern fits more than a sad human woman's voice, but I love them sad and somber dirges.
>>
>>44496790
>but that makes me sad
Don't be, elves who get turned to orc were especially dickish elves.

It's why the only elves left are so goody and haughty. All the asshole elves became orcs.
>>
>>44496826

Oh okay. So evil elves became orcs, evil Dunedain humans became pirates or fishfood. What happened to evil dwarfs?
>>
>>44496852
Got too greedy and dug to deep. No really, dwarves were hard to corrupt and only getting a bit more jewish with their shekels they stayed the same.... I think.
>>
>>44496877

I was expecting that answer. And as long as I am reminiscing about the LOTR movies great googly moogly 10 years on and the Balrog is still awe inspiring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fwe0rnHak RIP Saruman, you are busy shedding the blood of saxon men in heaven. Although why there are saxons in heaven I'm not sure
>>
>>44496790
It is a very tragic feeling pic.
>>
>>44496904
Gandalf is a DMPC done right
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.