[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riddle me this /tg/, Is heresy ok when its for the good of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: imperial creed.jpg (206 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
imperial creed.jpg
206 KB, 1900x1200
Riddle me this /tg/, Is heresy ok when its for the good of the Imperium?
>>
>>44494006

No, but it has to be done anyways.

Didn't the second Batman Begins movie teach you anything?
>>
>>44494006
An invalid concern.
Heresy is never good for the Imperium.
>>
>>44494006
If it's good for the Imperium, it's not heresy.
>>
File: 1451491774222.jpg (152 KB, 700x668) Image search: [Google]
1451491774222.jpg
152 KB, 700x668
>>44494006
No.
>>
>>44494006
The question on whether something is or isn't heresy is a very subjective one. What one person sees as heresy another may see as puritanical, so the question itself is invalid, because if it is seen as good for the Imperium, it can be labeled within orthodoxy after the fact.
>>
>>44494006

Basically this >>44494110

From a pragmatic puritan point of view, to utilize the Daemonic or Xeno-tainted will likely bring further corruption to the Imperium over time, or rather it would be unsuitable to trust general Humanity with such things without going overboard and causing more problems than they're solving. This is, obviously, not true in all cases, but they make a good point.
>>
>>44494006
Only in the weak minds of the radical inquisitors.
>>
>>44494006
There is a difference between a heretic and a traitor. Heretics may redeem themselves through suffering and death in the service of the Emperor. Traitors of human kind can't.
>>
>>44494292
And there is also the fact that if a heresy becomes widespread enough and is minor enough, the Imperium would determine the removal of such materials to take too much effort to purge and therefore would consider such items to be within orthodoxy. There is a reason you never here about the Adaptus Mechanus instituting a recall on items they have produced.
>>
>>44494425
You do know we're talking about a group with no qualms taking out hive worlds either to make a point or to hide stuff, right?
>>
Actually touched on this at the end of our DH game. (We were all quite capable acolytes, at this point. Sister, Tech Priest, Former Guardsman - Now head of stormtrooper company, and an Assasin. We needed to be in this system yesterday to stop a tyranid hive fleet, but due to the slowness of warp travel, we all knew by the time we got there, there would be nothing left. However, we spotted an eldar craftworld, and in order to save trillions of lives, we did the unthinkable.

We made a deal with the Eldar. (Everyone but the sister, who wasn't privy to this.) In return for letting us use the webway to get there fast enough, we wiped their craftworld's location from the inquisition's database.

We got there just in time to stop the hive fleet, but the sister learned of what we had done, she drew her sword on us. I (the ex Guardsman) fought her, albeit incredibly defensively, trying to talk her down, as this group of acolytes were as close as family at this point. She had me pretty obviously beaten when, saying the emperor would forgive me for my transgression in death, our assassin shot her right through the heart with a vindicare rifle.

Her last words were "Ork snipers, huh?"

We stopped the hive fleet, but all felt like total shit

Was our heresy worth it?
>>
>>44494006
Hardly, since all the problems that the imperium face originate from xenos, mutants or heresy. And of the three heresy is the greatest threat that there is after you do can kill all the xenos, all the mutants but you can't kill heresy.
>>
>>44494503
*is after all, you can kill all the xenos, you can kill all the mutants but you can't kill heresy.
>>
>>44494470
Yes, but I have difficulty believing that after however many years of the Mechanus's existence, there has never been an instance of them mistaking human archeotechnology for xeno, or vise versa, especially with the fact that preImperium humanity wasn't as hostile to xenos as humans in the Imperium are. Then there are the little variances in methods of prayer to the Emperor that occur on distant imperial worlds compared to the core worlds. To one who is extremely puritanical, those varieties would be considered heresy, and those making said prayers subject to execution, but once the variance is widespread enough, they wouldn't try because it would be too much effort for too little reward. As for destruction of Hive Worlds, tell me, how large is the population of the Imperium? Compared to the whole, a single Hive is a drop in the bucket, and therefore much more reasonable.
>>
nope

fluff pretty much makes it so that even if that was the intention heresy ends us harming the imperium anyway in the end. Pretty much why they have a no tolerant policy towards it (paranoia doesn't exist if they are really out to get you)
>>
>>44494006
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Radical
>>
>>44494006
Short term heresy can have very good benefits to the imperium, but in the long term it usually ends up very badly for the imperium.
Whether or not it was worth the trade is often up to the individual who did it, and the survivors after it.
>>
>>44494006
no such thing
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 1210x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 1210x801
>>44494006
No. Heresy is heresy end of story. No amount of cajoling, wordplay, or whatabouts will make it not heresy. Attempting to justify heresy is heresy.
Attempting to run from punishment of heresy is heresy.
Not dying for your transgressions in an orderly and quick manner is heresy.
Wasting the commisars time like this is heresy.
>>
>>44494494
I'd say it was worth it, but it was unquestionably heresy nevertheless and as such it must be punished. I'd recommend you join a death cult so that the Emperor may forgive your sins in death.
>>
No. Never compromise your principles, not even in the face of extinction.
>>
File: Creed the Killer.png (979 KB, 542x800) Image search: [Google]
Creed the Killer.png
979 KB, 542x800
I have been reading through old warhammer material
I didn't know that Chaos had propaganda like this. Did Abaddon sanction this?
>>
>>44498960
Nah. Imperium sanctioned it. On the back is details for a meeting in an abandoned warehouse thats totally not going to be surrounded by guardsman and we swear it won't end with you being strung up and made an example of. BYOB&S
>>
>>44494006
Thought for the day: Once we assuage our conscience by calling something a "necessary evil", it begins to look more and more necessary and less and less evil.
>>
>>44500191
That sounds like heresy.
>>
>>44498960
What the fuck is up with his legs
>>
>>44500191
Thought for the day: The end justifies the means.
>>
>>44494240
That sounds like heretic talk to me!
>>
>>44498960

Sauce?
>>
>>44500545
The 13th Black Crusade background book by Andy Hoare.
>>
>>44500627

Do you have a link for a PDF? I'm always on the prowl for more of those.
>>
>>44500673
Got a torrent for the PDF, if you want.

https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-background-book-the-13th-black-crusade-by-andy-hoare-2004-t11802843.html
>>
>>44500686
>https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-background-book-the-13th-black-crusade-by-andy-hoare-2004-t11802843.html

Hey, thanks! I'll see if I can't get it added to one or another of the 40k megas.
>>
File: dkok7.jpg (75 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
dkok7.jpg
75 KB, 480x640
Look at Krieg. Learn from Krieg.
>>
>>44498826
>In the face of extinction EVERY alternative is preferable.
>>
>>44494006
Xanthite Inquisitor here. The ends justify the means!
>>
>>44498754
>implying the Imperial cult isn't already a death cult
>>
>>44494796
The Adeptus Mechanicus gives exactly zero fucks about anyone who isn't a member of their little cult. The fact that the Emperor cut a deal with those toaster-fuckers is one of the biggest reasons the Imperium is so fucked up as it currently is, and a great example of how a little heresy usually ends up making things worse.
>>
>>44502153
I dunno man. We robot rocket assholed mechs that fuck up shit with chainsaw arms and howitzer cannon eyes cause of them. Doesn't sound bad to me. Maybe a little heresy makes things kickass?
>>
>>44501373

Alamathians reporting in. Also reporting you, heretic.
>>
>>44494006
It would be heresy not to be heretic for the sake of the Imperium.
>>
File: Roboute Gulliman.jpg (792 KB, 873x876) Image search: [Google]
Roboute Gulliman.jpg
792 KB, 873x876
>>44494006
Why, yes of course it is
>>
>>44502360
It would also be heresy to say your heresy is for the imperium. It would also be heresy to not die when your usefulness runs out. Please prepare for summary martyri-errrr execution.
>>
>>44501164
potential Chaos cultist detected.
>>
>>44501164
Thats coward talk.
>>
>>44494006
Ask Inquisitor Quixos.
>>
>>44494494
You made a deal with a lesser foe in order to defeat a greater one. I mean, you managed to stop a hive fleet - that's hard to do.

The Craftworld can be found again, so it's not like a very big betrayal. If you were really smart, you would have memorized its coordinates to replace in the database.
>>
File: game over, heretic.jpg (92 KB, 1050x750) Image search: [Google]
game over, heretic.jpg
92 KB, 1050x750
>>44494146
>being this radical
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.