[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS13: Happy New Years Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 25
File: tschickyboom.png (528 KB, 950x929) Image search: [Google]
tschickyboom.png
528 KB, 950x929
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
or
byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014
BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/
To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP above. Click "Ok".
Welcome to d20Station, a rule light, low moderation server filled with custom content.
>ADMINS WHERE IS D20 WIKI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING!
wiki located at
>http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Currently sorely in need of content.
>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.
>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
>Hey /tg/ station I...
We are a separate entity from /tg/ station, we just host our threads on /tg/ as the server was made by fa/tg/uys for elegan/tg/entlemen.
We occasionally run Dorfstation mode, a roundtype where the crew must build up from a bare-bones station. Dorf will be run less often then usual, probably on the first and/or last of every month now. Dorf is ran on a separate server, found at byond://76.16.8.127:28020
>How is this station different from [station]?
Our changelog is recorded at http://d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html, and we try to keep it up to date as much as posible. The changelog has been cleaned up to show changes starting from the base code of the /nt/ branch.
Code branch from NT (also named d20Station) is updated a few times every week with fixes and new content.
If you have a bug, contact an admin in-game or on the thread to report it.
Note: This is NOT SS13 general.
>>
Beware of the carp hordes friends.
>>
why is dreamseeker crashing every time I try to load the game?
>>
File: Monster_Lasagna.png (3 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Lasagna.png
3 KB, 64x64
Spider Recipes:

Buttered Spider-Leg (finally something that needs butter as reagent)

Spider Omelette (like the normal omelette,just with spider eggs)

Spider Steak

Monster Lasagna (dont starve reference?)

Also, the Spider sushi is broken.

Also, i had the idea for a Spider-Cake that has a random chance of spawning a spiderling when sliced.
>>
>>44489193
oh okay it was just a microsoft update getting intrusive

if anyone else has the problem: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2008046
>>
>>44489231
All the talk in OOC about local food gives me an idea for a project: Adfter all the meme guns and /k/ updates, how about a /ck/ update?
>>
>>44490137
authors write what they know
you're not going to find anything but /k/ here
>>
>Pissant spends all four of his respawns being a shit, opening plasma canisters, starting fires, and spamming bad copypasta into the radio
>Takes up both shaft miner slots, and the chef and bartender slots
Gonna attempt to make a respawn ban.
>>
>>44492554
Was that who it was? Geeze.
>>
File: 1408131936609.png (82 KB, 277x260) Image search: [Google]
1408131936609.png
82 KB, 277x260
>>44492554
he's been a lot fucking more shit than usual lately
>>
>>44490506

Literally all of my long-term jobs have been /ck/ in nature. Speak for yourself.
>>
>>44493396
in that case is a cooking overhaul on your list?
i'd like to see some genuine realistic cooking put in place to further encourage weight even pills to come into circulation because effort is for losers who don't carry the armory in their backpack i mean make food more challenging/rewarding!
>>
Vanilla, Oats, Rice, Almonds, Coconuts and Pineapples when?
>>
>>44493460
>>44493396
Also, do drinks affect thirst yet? For some reason I still remember it's just water that deals with that.
>>
>>44493460
requiring pots and pans, a range a stove,being able to boil or saute besides just frying, noodles, rice for botany, chopsticks for chingchonging. Soysauce packets. Maybe reworking the candy machine so it could be used and not just a spam meme tool... a cutting board to be able to cut things different ways..
>>
File: 1442767363738.jpg (7 KB, 201x199) Image search: [Google]
1442767363738.jpg
7 KB, 201x199
>>44493567
>>44493460
food needs to be fleshed out more than just a reagent container that you can attack self to consume and it has a different sprite in order for any of this to really matter

this would just complicate something a ton without any real tradeoff
>>44493539
they always have
>>
Is this worth getting into? I've always seen these threads but paid them no mind until Tom Fulp mentioned that he's addicted to SS13 in a recent sleepycast episode.
>>
>>44493759
Yes. SS13 is worth getting into, if only for the shenanigans.
>>
>>44493759
Tom Fulp? The Newgrounds owner?
He's still relevant?

I mean- yeah, it's pretty fun. Think of a generic tabletop, then think of what would happen if the DM could visualize for you instead of verbally describing things. It's basically TTT with that exact kind of power given to admins, in a much longer round timeframe.
>>
>>44493834
Yea the owner of newgrounds. He was saying that this was an ideal game for griefing, which he loves to do.

Be honest, is that basically what this game is?
>>
>>44494094
the primary reason anyone gets into ss13 is because of the grief simulator, but usually if you become a longtime player you get more interested in the mechanics of it and the player-player interactions
>>
>>44494094
no, it's a midget lesbian dating simulator cleverly disguised as a space station.
>>
>>44494094
Depends on the server. This one will let you get away with a lot as long as being retarded doesn't become a pattern. The only things you'll get an admin message for right away are turning the main spawn point into a death zone/killing anyone who arrives instantly, and bombing with any effectiveness as a non-antagonist role.

Griefing is also one of the antagonist's main jobs, as the round ending is based entirely on whether or not the players want to repair the station.
>>
>>44494094
You will learn to grief. And then you will learn when not to grief.
After this, you will have started on the path to true robustness.
>>
How long until New Years for you nerds if it hasn't passed already?
>>
>>44494933
it passed 6 hours ago nerd.

Im talking to you from the future already
>>
>>44494983
It already passed for me as well nerd.
>>
>>44494933
Half an hour ago. I've never really celebrated it. I only realized it was december 31st yesterday about an hour ago because I was wondering what the heck those birds on google were all about.
>>
>>44489044
there should be blast doors in xenobio between each 2 rows of enclosures for safety reasons.

i definitely dont want to herd slimes outside when im a rogue ai no sirie what a silly idea
>>
List new plants and mutated plant ideas.
>>
>>44498199
fungus that can mutate into orks.

i cant think of any proper ideas though
>>
File: 1450800183913.png (48 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1450800183913.png
48 KB, 275x200
>>44498199
nuclear potato batteries
>>
>>44498268
Hyper Nuclear Slime Potato Batteries
>>
>>44498213
seconding this.

>"Halp squigs in maint"
>>
>>44498213
That'd be pretty good. Bonus points if they start looting everything and somehow start turning it into Choppy or Dakka
>>
>>44500924
>>44501009
well yeah it would be to powerfull you would never be able to clean the spores out fast enough the orks would keep coming back

although now that i think about it ork spores take a few days to grow i think the station would probably be evacuated by then anyway.
>>
>>44501057
In that case we need Space Marine sprites to spawn as for when shit hits the fan.
>>
File: Squig_10-08_01 (1).jpg (38 KB, 550x594) Image search: [Google]
Squig_10-08_01 (1).jpg
38 KB, 550x594
>>44501057
A Squigg Fungus that produces meat would be cool tho. With a mutation chance that spawns Squiggs, that can be used as pets.
>>
File: Ork_Warboss_2.jpg (291 KB, 756x862) Image search: [Google]
Ork_Warboss_2.jpg
291 KB, 756x862
>>44501151
They should also sometimes spawn with meteors that crash into the station

>"Uh oh, Arrivals got wrecked by meteors again"
>"Hey what's this green stu-"
>"WAAAAGH!"
>>
>>44501336
I wish Arch-Angel had able coders and a less cancerous playerbase. We could have all this.

But no, hire 14 y old admins and overload the place with spaghetti
>>
File: 1416796605588.jpg (71 KB, 490x327) Image search: [Google]
1416796605588.jpg
71 KB, 490x327
>>44501353
>the only way for the orks to enter the station was crashing into engineering with a ship full of guns.

>The engine was just a big plasma generator because the howtoswitchhands-crew couldnt set up a TEG or a Singularity.

>Captain spawns with a Plasma cannon and energy shield, no whitelist required. leading to endless griff.

>Valid salids killing everyone because LOLZHERESYXD

>Autogun implants for everyone

>Uncountable factions that could spawn everytime to Metagrudge.
>>
>>44501427
>The engine was just a big plasma generator because the howtoswitchhands-crew couldnt set up a TEG or a Singularity.
at least it's accurate to the source material
>>
File: 1427344836216.png (347 KB, 383x524) Image search: [Google]
1427344836216.png
347 KB, 383x524
>>44501559
>they put the station on a snow-covered planet and called it outpost. led to massive spaghetti because breaches suddenly caused oxygen to leak, even if you could breath on the outside.

>Also for a long time you couldn't repair the re-textured space tiles, so every breach stayed forever.
I would love more 40K stuff on the fa/tg/uy server, but then keep it in the adminbus-storage and use it for gimmick rounds.
>>
>>44501639
I'm not a huge warhammer nerd, but if people want to code some warhammer stuff and keep it within a reasonable spec (HEH) then they're free to try
>>
>>44501639
the optimist in me says that the oxygen leak might have been because it was coded to be chilly as fuck outside
of course, considering it was possible to bomb the ground and get nothing but a black abyss beneath, i don't think they put much thought into coding their snow beyond making it have gravity

it did make me think about trying a planetary station map, at least, but the problem with that was it'd require a bit of fucking around to make the tiles properly deconstruct according to the map (so you don't get space tiles on a 'planet')

>>44501703
for a while i've been meaning to add more resources for all-around fuckery like events and adminbus, so i might try to make a few things
no promises though, still need to sort out all my old projects
>>
>>44501427
>Engineers were the only ones who could wrench pipes with a "holy wrench of Allen" that was attached to them
>R&D was always overlooked and could never be done because >Miners
>Implying engineers actually set up the plasma generator and didn't just hack their way to the big box of tools that again only they could use to spawn in a fucking tank and murderbone with
>Real, live facehugger in xenobiology
>Cultist tome in library that anyone could use
>Anyone could sign up as an eldar spy which was both a job and an antagonist position and their ID would read "Eldar Spy"
>Anyone could spawn in as a rev or a cultist, as would always happen with the captain
>Couldn't teach this new player anything because five minutes into the round someone would attempt to ruin shit
>Orks were either reskins or subclasses of xenos, so they could build rubble walls, piles of guns and... resisin doors
>If for what ever reason anyone built cyborgs they had one law, one singular law, basically saying "you're servitors not cyborgs so shut the fuck up". So they could totally do whatever the fuck they wanted, which was fun when it was rare to get a brain in the first place and the brain was usually from some murderboner
>Literally no one ever signed up as anything other than captain, sec, or engineering, because those were the only jobs with which you could grab guns to protect yourself with

>The only good memory I have was when an admin did a small thing when he sent in two bolter bitches, him and I, which was fun, right up until the captain squished me under shutters and mowed down the other sister before murdering the entire crew again

>>44501639
I have a metric assload of icons that matyi have sent me from dead servers, a bunch fro the 40k server. Not all of them >tfw no sob armor from the only fond memory you have of archangel but a ton neither the less. Too bad though that it's like all guns.
>>
>>44502907
I know.
some of these sprites matyi has are made by me
>>
Nernums! Can we have atmos now?
>>
>>44504518
get some metal and pipes and build it yourself nerd
>>
>>44504796
But what use is it if you don't need it?
Where's the potential to blackmail the station into granting sovereignty to the free nation of Atmosia without the need for atmos systems?
>>
>>44504891
YOU ARE THE ONE ASKING FOR IT
>>
>>44504899
I'm asking for the NEED for atmos to be brought back to the game.
>>
File: Adminbus rounds.jpg (120 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
Adminbus rounds.jpg
120 KB, 900x300
where is everyone?
>>
>>44504931
might have helped your argument a lot more if you'd stated that in your first post
anyway, there isn't much we can exactly do to make an atmospherics room 'needed', especially if we're going to keep leaving it up to custom builds

the setup we have now is pretty much the bare minimum required to fully pressurise the station, and for the scrubbers to work although it might convince people to faff around with atmos systems more if there were less air in the storage block
it can't (and at round-start doesn't need to) handle anything beyond putting air into the station and taking air out of the station: that's where your atmosia autism comes in.
>>
>>44505169
It cannot really pressurize the station on it's own.
It's easier to do that via canisters or just opening doors.
The atmospheric system is not exactly standard as far as i can recall. And while the original necessitated a fully working atmos system with ways to repair pipes and such and complex scrubbing, the one you guys use can run without the station needing air replaced that often.
>>
>>44505236
>the original
which original?
if you're talking about the atmos system that was the default in the version of NTcode that astv used when he started hosting, that actually hurts your point because in that version, air moved incredibly slowly and so depressurising (and repressurising) an area was more difficult than it is now

if you're talking about the versions any other server use, specify nigga
i haven't ever seen a station outright require a more complicated atmospherics than what we have, either.
the only reasons atmos is so complicated on other maps are that mappers are ADHD faggots who like putting a whole bunch of their toys down to bloat out the station, and that there aren't any real size limitations put on them (whereas we've at least tried to keep a small, functional station that can be expanded)

secondly, if you can't pressurise the station using the current atmos system and the current atmospherics, do two things
1: git gud. learn how to use the atmos equipment.
2: improve it yourself. that's what it's there for
>>
>>44505960
I'm talking about the not split standard NT station code that was in the standard build approximately a year ago.

Also i'm mostly just missing the dedicated atmos wing. And spacesuits.
>>
File: 1451516872056.jpg (548 KB, 1024x857) Image search: [Google]
1451516872056.jpg
548 KB, 1024x857
>>44506027
there's no need to stick a giant fucking size hogging atmos filter system that will never be used on such a micro station except so retards can hook the plasma storage room directly into air supply when they're bored

we probably have more pipes and tools to fuck with atmospherics than most other servers including my stuff which is four way manifolds, pipe end caps, air injectors, pipe painters, and changes to mixers, filters, and other devices to help show their settings without having to directly walk up to them and examine them.
>pressurizing via canisters
you are the scum of engineering and atmospherics, you probably just don't want to wait for two minutes so the air can pump its way in and instead opt for the ADHD method of forcing air into it.
filters are easy as fuck to set up and the only thing you even really want to keep is O2, N2, and Plasma, everything else can be spaced. Apply yourself nobody is going to map you in a playground.
>>44501886
check the current map files i've been working on this exact thing
>>
>>44506500
I've never been quite sure of this and have mostly just kludged through with messing with the vent's target pressure and generally just playing with the air alarm, so I'm curious as to what the proper repressurisation method is.

A more general question would be what are we missing compared to what a full-on atmos department would have? I know about filters, or at least the probably subpar version I made one session before basically just going "well that was a waste of time" and never bothering afterwards, but is there anything else to an atmos department?
>>
>>44506500
motherfucking ducktales.
>>
>>44504518
stop posting any time
>>
File: comic435_zpsmtf4frle.png (226 KB, 650x933) Image search: [Google]
comic435_zpsmtf4frle.png
226 KB, 650x933
>>44506695
if your pipeline is sealed, you want to go to the air distro room and check the pressure on it and the pipeline. Keeping your air distro pipeline at around one atmosphere (a little more than that is good since it stops fucktards from unsecuring your pipes for a spear gun).

If your pipeline has plenty of air, isn't breached, and the air alarm has its vents set to 101.325 Kpa, repressurization will handle itself as long as air isn't leaking, though if you want to speed it up you can open the vent's pressure check a bit higher so it puts more air into the room at once. After that you just have to wait for the air to spread.

Full on atmos departments like on meta and box have a huge amount of un-needed shit that usually just facilitates mixing bombs in atmospherics. Most ones include a burn chamber of sorts for atmospherics for some reason, and air distro is always mixed before put into the main line, so you can control the exact amount of N2 and O2 that is inserted into a room, though the usefulness of this is speculative since it makes fires more potent with more O2 but allows you to survive at lower pressures without suffocating.
They also have a huge filter system used to store all gases filtered from the scrubbers system as well as inputs and outputs for portable devices.
The most space hogging shit atmos has is the mixing line which lets you take gas out of the rooms and mix them into canisters, some stations have heaters and coolers so if you're savvy enough you can make bombs using the burn chamber and cooler.

most of it is just wasted space though and the entire atmos department is something that was only made the way it is so people can fuck it up, you can go mostly the entire round without touching atmos and it will be fine.
>>
get your asses in here.
>>
wy do u want 2 die
>>
>>44509482
Eh? The hell you on about?
>>
>>44509781
>page 10
A.K.A
Why do you want it to die?
>>
File: Bwoink; Stop wearing that..jpg (308 KB, 1113x1600) Image search: [Google]
Bwoink; Stop wearing that..jpg
308 KB, 1113x1600
>>44509953
>>
>>44501427
>>44502907
I wish to observe this madness. What's the station called in the list?
>>
>>44510828
its ded jim
>>
>>44510839
oh
aw.
>>
>>44510040
literally the best girl
assassin twins are fine too
>>
File: 1447999252899.jpg (65 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
1447999252899.jpg
65 KB, 576x384
>pissant signs up as clown
>first thing he does is make IEDs and blows up research's apc, then spaces himself
good thing I set his respawns to 0 as soon as he signed up as a clown
>>
>>44512060
Remind me why we still have him around?
>>
File: That one guy.jpg (62 KB, 594x383) Image search: [Google]
That one guy.jpg
62 KB, 594x383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c

Well, so much for tossing the bomb out the window.
>>
File: 1443861794145.jpg (219 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1443861794145.jpg
219 KB, 533x800
>>44513500
the price of having good code due to nernums is having pissant around
he is a needed evil
>>44513501
>>
>>44513500
He's Nernum's friend.
>>
File: CO0kjMWUwAIg2BN.jpg (47 KB, 599x412) Image search: [Google]
CO0kjMWUwAIg2BN.jpg
47 KB, 599x412
>>44513566
Fucking Huey.
>>
>>44512060
Never ban him. I dont know who he is, and whats wrong with his brain, but its never boring if he shows up. Especially if he demands shit in OOC and spams stupid jokes IC.
>>
>>44512060
He's a good boi he dindu nuffin
>>
>>44501114
no dont be silly the crew can handle the orks we need whoever the hell the imperium uses to clean out all the spores so they cant grow back
>>
>>44501559
well they could probably work out how to set it up just not make new ones.
>>
Plants that give out synthetic meat when?
>>
>>44502907
>Anyone could sign up as an eldar spy which was both a job and an antagonist position and their ID would read "Eldar Spy"
holy shit
>tfw no sob armor from the only fond memory you have of archange
aww thats a shame
>>
>>44513904
Can't the bio generator already make meat?
>>
>>44506500
>you are the scum of engineering and atmospherics
i disagree canisters have the advantage of being a lot faster its crude and doesent work perfectly but in an emergency you want speed

if its just a minor insignificant breach or something then yeah use the vents.
>>
>>44506895
>air distro is always mixed before put into the main line, so you can control the exact amount of N2 and O2 that is inserted into a room
i think this is auctualy the one thing we need to add to our atmos system its a great feature sure its not that often used but it would not take up much space to store those 2 gases.

way i see it the main point of an atmos system on a larger station is to avoid venting plasma into space that shits valuable.

you know what next time i go enginer im going to set up something to collect the plasma that gets scrubbed the rest of the gasses can fuck off into space though.

oh god im getting flashbacks to the default ministation space vent what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>44502907
>Real, live facehugger in xenobiology
metastation has a 2% chance to start with a facehugger in the science testing area

but thats fine thats a small chance every single round is insane.
>>
>>44514074
you can set that up easy though, you just need to set up a filter out of the distro line that splits the O2 and N2 and then a mixer to re-combine the lines together into a specific ratio
>>
>>44514122
oh thats a good idea i was just going to go with the starting seperated but thats even better.
>>
What's the recipe for Spray Meat?
>>
>>44514938
blood & clonex? i think. its in the wiki.
>>
File: 1451702703799.gif (1003 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451702703799.gif
1003 KB, 250x250
>>44516661
its not and synth meat is different from spray meat

spray foods I think go
>oxygen
>carbon
>nutriment
>milk, flour, blood, depending on if you want cheese, bread, or meat
>welding fuel to spray sandwich to make spray toasted sandwich
>>
>>44513931
>anyone can sign on as an eldar spy
good thing dirty knife ears cant spy on our station
reminder that i would slaughter any elf dumb enough to get on board
>>
>>44517500
not when im captain you wont.

unless you can prove there spys then slaughter away. leave us a body to waifu though
>>
>>44517585
>implying anyone has ever been able to stop me when i go full retard
the last guys who tried got bitchslapped by me and irvan
>>
>>44519557
oh sure on station but centcom always has the last laugh
>>
>>44519710
yeah but i have dipleematic immunity so i always get away with it
>>
>>44519741
you keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>44520039
i slept my way to the top you cant touch me
>>
>>44520096
thats what wolf thought and look what happened to him

granted he slept his way back up to the top again but that was under a new ruler
>>
yes hello im all alone come play with me
>>
>>44521282
You're very LONE LEE
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
thigh high boots and lewdposting in deadchat with admin trickery and links
10/10 round
>>
File: hotdog.jpg (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
hotdog.jpg
92 KB, 500x375
>>44523259
don't hurt yourself
>>
>>44523334
5 times a day m8 go big or go home
>>
>>44523373
>only 5
>>
>>44523388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfA_L_zfqiU
>>
Is it possible to make an Autolathe like machine with restricted access? What about restricted inventory? Can you tie the two of those together? So If you want like a medical saw from the autolathe need to have a med ID inserted. Otherwise it will just have generic inventory.

I ask this because if it's an idea people like I will make the spite and hell even try my hand at coding stuff like a medical fabricator. Would just be an autolathe machine with more medical based inventory. Would do the same for the engineering and Cargo lathe too if wanted.
>>
>>44524077
Yes, that is possible.
In fact, when I was making the autoloom, I wanted to make each uniform catagory require that area's access, but a lot of people didn't like the idea of being forced to require access to make security jumpsuits.
People ended up not liking the idea of uniforms in the autoloom for anyone to make either which is why the hop get his own autoloom.
>>
>>44524156
I'm no chef so I am not the best at spaghetti, but if I were to hazard a guess I would say that the same code that vending machines use with coins and premium items is the essentially the same as access restricted loom/lathe items?
>>
File: 1450401810416.png (103 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
1450401810416.png
103 KB, 600x539
>>44524285
no that is different but you're on the right track
premium items just check to see if there's a coin in the vendor's coin var and shows the list of items if there are, what is actually a valid coin is dictated by when you hit the vending machine with an object

most machines or objects that have a required access have a var called req_access that is updated whenever someone interacts with it, usually getting either an ID inside the machine or the ID on your person to determine if you have the right access.
>>
>>44524325
So if I wanted to try and figure out how to do this, what sort of machines/computers should I be looking at to get a feel for how the code works?

No promise I won't have a first draft that is just edit'd copy pasta but I promise I will try to clean it up!

Again, only if people want this. I won't waste time and bump limit otherwise.
>>
File: 1451603554019.gif (598 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1451603554019.gif
598 KB, 600x337
>>44524370
>worrying about bump limit
don't even bother half the threads usually go dead anyways
a thread that hits bump limit is a thread well spent so we don't have to make new ones as often
vendors as a start, some of them do actually have needed access and don't require you to shove an ID into it, like SecTechs, NanoMeds, and EngiVends. The entire top of the vendor file will show you how a vendor works at its base, everything else below that is just different product loads and sprites.

The lathes however are really peculiar beasts and I don't think anyone who has worked on them has fully and completely understood every part of it (since the ammolathe and loom both use the same wires datum setup as the autolathe does just randomized differently).

This all depends on how much exposure you've had to ss13 code, if you haven't had hardly any you ought to look up what certain procs do and stuff like that. Things like attackby(), where an object gets hit by another from a player, or stuff like attack_self() which is using an item in your hand, are important things to know
>>
File: 1423749404947.png (449 KB, 1000x751) Image search: [Google]
1423749404947.png
449 KB, 1000x751
>>44524077
>implying cargo doesn't hack theirs at the start of every round anyway.
>>
>>44524467
0 ss13 code experience! But got to learn sometime if I want to cook spaghetti.

Alright thanks. Will the code I am looking at be about the same as like the /tg/ code for those machines? Because thats the only source code I have access too unless I missed ours somewhere.
>>
File: 1451066614300.gif (1022 KB, 350x146) Image search: [Google]
1451066614300.gif
1022 KB, 350x146
>>44524543
we don't have our code up for grabs for better or for worse so whatever base branch you grab should be okay as long as it's /tg/ or /nt/. There will probably be slight differences between most things but not enough that it would completely change the way you'd be writing the code.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.