[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In this thread, we talk about factions that are over wanked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13
In this thread, we talk about factions that are over wanked.

For example: Tyranids

>Muh 12 galaxies
>Super BBEG, worse than chaos
>Pfft, nothin personal biomass
>muh hyper adaptability
>constant disregard for things like the conservation of mass
>We use the warp but dont lol.

Literally worse the the Ultrasmurfs and Chaos gods combined. Even the Ctan in their "just as planned" height weren't as retarded as the Tyranids.
>>
I'm pretty sure Tau is the most wanked faction, followed by Space Marines then Imperium and Chaos.

Tyranids are underwanked if anything.
>>
>>44480206
Slurried biomass detected
>>
Tau
They are the worst form of wankery.
>be shit little species
>constant retcons that completely change them and their history
>biggest plot armor in 40k
>almost every Tau triumph is either unexplained muh superior tactics or their opponents writen as complete retards
Not to mention their cancerous fans circlejerking over their weeb power fantasy.
And the funniest part is, they don't have a victory condition so all this wank is just to sell models to the faggots, nothing more.
>>
>>44480739
>don't have a victory condition
what is conquering the galaxy under the Greater Good
>>
>>44480749

Literally the same thing as Imperium's win condition, but without the infinite bodies and supplies the Imperium has.
>>
Orks.

>worst fanbase
>a thread detailing their flaws devolves into retarts orkposting
>le 'orks have already won' meme
>>
>>44480758
>a win condition
so what's the problem?
>>
>>44480278
Chaos is extremely underwanked. Everyone is immune to it now.
>>
>>44480767

That it's literally impossible for them?
>>
>>44480767
>can't see why it's a problem

I'd spell it out for you but I have a feeling you'll just bring up another retarded point.

Hint: even their reason for existence in the setting isn't unique, so why do they exist?
>>
>>44480749
>>44480767

Hey look, it's that dumbass EU/AU Taufag who doesn't know how to use the shift key or press enter more than once.

Quick, abandon thread before he gets butthurt and starts talking mad angry ass shit while calling others mad!
>>
>>44480780
But anon, the Tau are wielding the mightiest weapon of all. Peace
>>
>>44480780
Says who? The White Dwarf that came with Damocles Warzone says should the Tau survive long enough they will blaze across the galaxy.

There are three Eldar prophecies that describe that the Tau destiny is filled with hope. The Eldar believe that the Eldar can grow to conquer the darkness within them and surpass them.

So far, all I am seeing is just you saying it's impossible while the fluff is open to the possibility.
>>
>>44480897
that the Tau can grow to conquer the darkness within them and surpass them*
>>
>>44480796
you got me, anon. I'm whoever that is. I came all the way here to this maybe-trolling/maybe-genuinely-angry-bitch thread to spook you into abandoning it.
>>
>>44480785
Lies.

The developers said the Tau here to contrast with rest of the setting. They are bright eyed new hopeful guys with shiny new toys in a grimdark and hopeless galaxy. We suppose to see if the Tau will be swallowed by the grimdarkness or will they rise above it.
>>
>>44480785
Please spell it out for me, senpai.
>>
>>44480749
And how will they do that?
They are insignificant spec in the galaxy with shitty to good technology that rellies on bullying races to work for them to expand. Their empire getting bigger will make them overall weaker with stretched supply lines and fewer forces to control everything. Not to mention all the rebellions and raiders that plague will plague them.
But the entire point is moot, because they are out of time. 40k galaxy is ending.
>Imperium, Chaos and Orks are years at most away from possibly taking over the galaxy
>Eldar have a shitton of prophecies how they will win
>Tyranids and Necrons can either be a few years to a couple of decades away, but unlike everyone else who must work for it, they must just wait
>>
>>44480762
thats because thats how orks react when you say shit about them

ya git
>>
>>44480739
>Not to mention their cancerous fans circlejerking over their weeb power fantasy.

>>44480897
That was fast.
>>
File: Necron slowpoke.jpg (32 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Necron slowpoke.jpg
32 KB, 800x800
>>44480206
Aren't the necrons pretty much in the same place?

>once the greatest empire ever to exist in the Galaxy
>eternal undying self repairing bodies
>science tech that can potentially hax the entire plot but never gets used
>literal demigods in pokeyballs
>still can't warp travel
>too busy with their galaxy spawning bureaucracy to do anything big

Also I don't think the Nids are positioned to be the BBEG considering they do not really have any personality or deeper interaction with the other factions. They are more of a faceless force of nature than a true villain.
>>
File: 05.jpg (775 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
775 KB, 1156x1621
>>44480206
Actual fluff or fanwank? Accounting for codex bias or no?

>>44481486
To be fair, if you're going to judge them by Carnac's posts, you'll have to put Chaos and Necrons in the same bracket as well.
>>
>>44480206
so i guess there is just one faggot here who really does not like Nids. I mean yea they get wanked but not harder than any other army. Hell most of the time they are just another thing the Imperium is dieing because from. Chaos get the most wanking when it comes to the bad guys side because they for some reason get to be organized plus win in Fantasy
>>
>>44480206
yeah they have to be overwanked because they get stomped all the time in fights they should win
>>
>>44481498
>Also I don't think the Nids are positioned to be the BBEG considering they do not really have any personality or deeper interaction with the other factions. They are more of a faceless force of nature than a true villain.

inb4 games workshop gets ideas from the awful starcraft 2
>>
>>44482970
The only 'personality' hive fleets should have is from members of other species identifying them based on tactics. Like seeing Behemoth as impatient and reckless, or Kraken as sneaky and coniving.

There shouldn't be super special talking hive tyrants that have distinct personalities. At the absolute best, each hivw fleet could have its own distinct 'voice' if you managed to telepathically communicate with it.
>>
>>44482970
No female human psyker getting changed and leading them to fight an evil Old One? With a shit love story on the side.
>>
File: chaos spawn.png (12 KB, 319x231) Image search: [Google]
chaos spawn.png
12 KB, 319x231
>>44483037
>>44482970
Zerg, as far as infested terrans, their attraction to psychic energy, etc. are concerned, have always been more Daemon than Tyranid, with the typical infested terran based off a RoC traitor legion chaos spawn, as fuckups in the process, while Kerrigan is more of a daemon prince(ss). Its pretty much all there.
>>
>>44483011
i mean i can understand the appeal of having some special hive tyrants like you mentioned and it could be done well to be honest

>>44483037

overmind a good boy he din du nuffin
>>
>>44481731
>To be fair, if you're going to judge them by Carnac's posts, you'll have to put Chaos and Necrons in the same bracket as well.

Except I always said that Chaos IS the greatest threat, you disingenuous bastard. For the Necrons and other races it's just a runner up for the second place.
>>
>>44483094
'Special' Hive tyrants should just be mutations that are unique to hive fleets that people mistake for the same thing. Along the lines of Old One Eye or the Red Terror.

It doesn't have to be the same one or have a personality, just be something distinct that makes it stand out.

Whixh is difficult to do ever since they trashed most of the biomorph upgrade options.
>>
>>44480758

so he proved you wrong so you set the goal post further away?

It's the same as the Imperium because the Tau are destined to replace the Imperium.
>>
>>44481486
So...you are admitting that you have nothing to say and your position is not backed up by any fluff but your opinion.

>>44480965
>But the entire point is moot, because they are out of time. 40k galaxy is ending.

Did the fantasy universe end in the End Times? Nope. The races survived the destruction of their world and build a utopia that lasted thousands of years until Chaos found them.

So that renders your entire post moot.
>>
>>44480206
Anyone wish there were a lot more new factions and races who did get a lot more wank so they'd get fleshed out.

All those minor xenos and phenomena mentioned in the fluff would be really cool like whats left of the old ones etc.
>>
>>44480965

Humanity was in the same position as the Tau once.

How did Humanity manage? And why can't the Tau do it?

Because you play Imperium and feel offended that the pieces you brought are implied to fall to the Tau in a couple of ten thousand years?
>>
>>44483122

why should we know what you always say?

Also, Chaos is weak because if humanity falls, chaos goes with it. Chaos is built on the minds of the huge number of humans.

Literally all of Tzeenetch's "Just as planned" is keeping the battle at a perpetual stalemate because he knows he'll die off if chaos becomes too successful.
>>
>>44483191
Well that's a bit of false equivalence. Humanity at the time of their first expansion into the galaxy were pretty lonely out in the starts. The Necrons were asleep, the Eldar were being degenerate isolationists and the Waaghs were a bit calmer since there was no one really exciting to fight.

The Tau are starting off in a spot bordered by an Empire ruled by the Ultramarines, an Ork Empire going WAAAGH, an awakening Necron Dynasty and an incoming hive fleet. They're severely disadvantaged.
>>
File: Necron Map.jpg (684 KB, 1280x1140) Image search: [Google]
Necron Map.jpg
684 KB, 1280x1140
>>44481498
>>science tech that can potentially hax the entire plot but never gets used

If you won't bother reading the fluff, please don't bother discussing. I am tired of the old "Why Race A doesn't do a thing" when the fluff has them doing all the things.

For example, the Necrons used the "Smoking Mirror" device to cloud an half sector in abyssal darkness and then slaughter everyone in it in less than a month.

Shield of Baal was Necrons deploying a solar weapon against tendrils of Leviathan.

There are more examples in the Necron codex and sources.

>>still can't warp travel

They don't need to. They have the Webway.

>>too busy with their galaxy spawning bureaucracy to do anything big

What bureaucracy? There is none. The small fraction of Necrons that have awakened major concern is reclamation campaigns and have already carved up big empires galaxy. Their military expansion and conquests outstrips any other faction in the setting.

So I have question for you. Why don't bother reading the awesome fluff that GW writes? They spend a lot of effort and time writing it and yet you just don't bother. You are ungrateful bastard!
>>
>>44483250
>why should we know what you always say?

It's directed at that anon in particular. Don't butt in.

>Also, Chaos is weak because if humanity falls, chaos goes with it. Chaos is built on the minds of the huge number of humans.

Bullshit.

If you actually read the fluff, then you would know that Chaos is not going anywhere once humanity falls.

>Literally all of Tzeenetch's "Just as planned" is keeping the battle at a perpetual stalemate because he knows he'll die off if chaos becomes too successful.

That's your headcanon.

What's actually going on in the fluff is that the Chaos Gods are plotting the downfall of humanity and the galaxy as a whole.
>>
File: The End.png (148 KB, 683x268) Image search: [Google]
The End.png
148 KB, 683x268
>>44483358
Forgot my picture.
>>
>>44483374
Good end in my book.
>>
>>44483298
>Empire ruled by the Ultramarines,

That's is the main target of the Sautekh Necrons

>Ork Empire going WAAAGH

Charadon? Guess what part of the galaxy their warboss is preparing to invade? Ultramar.

Outside of the sudden emergence of Tyranid infestation near the Farsight Enclave and the impending civil war, there is great threat for the Tau at the moment.
>>
>>44483422
There is no great threat for the Tau at the moment*
>>
>>44483422
It doesn't matter that the powerhouses are squaring off against each other at the moment. The point is that the universe is crawling with super dangerous factions and the moment the Tau get noticed they're in for much more of a slog than what humanity ever had to go through.
>>
>>44483530
They won't get noticed. The big factions are busy scrambling to fight each other in the End Times. Wasting resources on a small empire while the galactic superbowl is going on is beyond stupid.

By the way, you can remove the Imperium as one of the factions that can threaten the Tau. The Second Damocles Crusade was a failure. The Imperials withdrew to deal with the greater threats ripping their empire to shreds. There won't be another crusade against the Tau ever.
>>
>>44483642
Spheres of expansion most definitely get noticed. The Necrons want to rule and the Orks just want to smash and the Nids want to eat. An upstart productive young race with lotsa dakka is not going to go unnoticed and the Imperium is very bitter about the two crusades and most certainly will launch another given half the chance.
>>
>>44483299
>>So I have question for you. Why don't bother reading the awesome fluff that GW writes? They spend a lot of effort and time writing it and yet you just don't bother. You are ungrateful bastard!

I read the fluff and my points still stand.

First necrons can't enter the webway cause they don't have functional Dolmen gates. They want to be able to do it but since the awakening they can't, most of the webway is sealed by the Eldar anyways and what is left is more like a maze. They might have been able to do so in the age of the C'tan but no longer can. But they wouldn't even need to because they can literally teleport interstellar distances.

They have a device that can literally make any star in the galaxy go nova at the push of a button but they don't use it because apparently it's effects are too risky. They are capable of creating pocket dimension that are invisible and inaccessible to everything else and just teleport insane distances like it's nothing. All that and they use it only to get their snipers into position. They have scarab swarms that can infinitely replicate themselves.

They have C'tan shards, literally demigods just in their pockets for crying out loud.

What bureaucracy? When you have characters like Orikan who can just travel time like nothing and only uses it to keep his position on being top dog. When they are busy keeping up combat traditions of old ages in a time it doesn't work and find it more important for their dynasties to backstab each other than focusing on getting shit done.
>>
>>44480785
I mean your reason for existence isn't unique and you're still here sooo
>>
>>44483374
So you're going to take Chaos lore literally, the lore that states galactic-level entities that feed of the emotions of the Milky Way are somehow powerful enough to destroy the entire universe? I'm sorry, but there's nothing but hyped pseudo-lore suggesting that Chaos can somehow break its own rules and cease to require the emotions of mortals to sustain itself. Or are we to take all the lore like that at face value? Because if so, Tactical Marines are capable of defeating Greater Daemons and Primarchs quite easily, because the rulebooks explicitly state that Astartes are the greatest warriors the galaxy has ever seen more than a few times.

Christ, you think people would actually catch on and realize that the majority of vague lore is either a reflection of in-'verse views or metaphor.
>>
>>44484057
>Tactical Marines are capable of defeating Greater Daemons
But Anon, it is true that Tac Marines are capable of defeating Greater Demons. I've done it many times one the table top in all the available scales from DH to Inq to 40k to Epic. Sometimes you need more than one squad, depending on the edition.
>>
>>44483975
>First necrons can't enter the webway cause they don't have functional Dolmen gates. They want to be able to do it but since the awakening they can't, most of the webway is sealed by the Eldar anyways and what is left is more like a maze. They might have been able to do so in the age of the C'tan but no longer can. But they wouldn't even need to because they can literally teleport interstellar distances.

Thsi shows that you don't read the fluff and you should be taken seriously.

The Eldar did not seal most of the Webway, The Webway is near-infinte and the Dolmen Gates grant access to a large portion of it allowing the Necrons to travel anywhere they wish. They are the second fastest faction in the setting.

The codex outright says no where is safe from the touch of the Necrons.

> But they wouldn't even need to because they can literally teleport interstellar distances.

They can't without beacons. You need to get there to place teleport beacons.

>They have a device that can literally make any star in the galaxy go nova at the push of a button but they don't use it because apparently it's effects are too risky.

The Court of Thanatos are more interested in maintaining order in the galaxy, not destroying it. Destriying star willi-nilly has consequences for the galaxy they wish to rule. However, they are their counterparts in the Mehprit dynasty has no issues with blowing up stars left and right.

>They are capable of creating pocket dimension that are invisible and inaccessible to everything else and just teleport insane distances like it's nothing

Yes and?

>All that and they use it only to get their snipers into position.

And plenty other uses such as creating dimensional bases, expanding their tomb worlds, etc.

>They have scarab swarms that can infinitely replicate themselves.

Which they already use to fuel their armies. Why do you think that the small fraction of Necrons that have awakened have dominated that much of the galaxy?
>>
>>44484116
I'll admit, I really should've read through my post more carefully. The point was that if we take all lore into account at face value, any Space Marine is inherently better than any other warrior in the 40k universe by default, except for some rare characters like Lelith who are apparently on-par with Tactical Marines for their title of "galaxy's greatest warrior."

Point is, anyone who blindly accepts vague lore without any numbers, events or otherwise hard information to back it up with in-'verse logic is going to quickly realize that their view of the 40k setting is absolutely riddled with inconsistency, outright plot holes and paradoxes.
>>
>>44484162
>They have C'tan shards, literally demigods just in their pockets for crying out loud.

They use C'ran shards to fuel their weapons and as weapons themselves. They pop up all the time in the fluff.
The fuel source of the World Engine as a C'tan shard.

>What bureaucracy? When you have characters like Orikan who can just travel time like nothing and only uses it to keep his position on being top dog.

And also he is plotting to make himself into a god or a return to godhood if the rumors about him being a C'tan is true. That's utterly irrelevant though.

> When they are busy keeping up combat traditions of old ages in a time it doesn't work

The idiot. What makes you think they don't work? Your opinion that you pulled out of your butt.

The Necrons war traditions work even in this day and age. What do you think the Decruion is? The fact that Necrons have expanded and conquered with such vigour and speed is testament that their methods of war superior. Heck, Imotekh is known to be argually greatest and most accomplished commander in the galaxy.

>find it more important for their dynasties to backstab each other than focusing on getting shit done.

You double idiot.

The Necron Overlord entiy in the 5th ED codex says that the Necrons are more concerned with reclaiming their empire than fighting against each other. Only the most desperate of them would wage war against his kin, and for every battle they a lord fight against his own kind, he launched hundreds campaigns of conquest against the aliens.

Your problem that you read Newcron fluff superficially (probably from a wiki) and formed an opinionated conclusion based on your dislike of the faction
>>
File: 1412112310967.png (34 KB, 546x325) Image search: [Google]
1412112310967.png
34 KB, 546x325
The Tau are worse.
>Start as small, shit fringe Empire.
>Like smaller than empires that the Imperium rolled over during the Crusade.
>Somehow able to constantly shit on everything thrown at them through mysterious tactics and whatnot.
>Even able to beat back multiple Space Marine Chapters and kill a Chapter Master.
>>
File: Destroyer of Worlds.png (3 MB, 1333x1021) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer of Worlds.png
3 MB, 1333x1021
>>44484057
>So you're going to take Chaos lore literally, the lore that states galactic-level entities that feed of the emotions of the Milky Way are somehow powerful enough to destroy the entire universe?

Why not? Chaos in AoS and fantasy has destroyed multiple universes and realitie.

> I'm sorry, but there's nothing but hyped pseudo-lore suggesting that Chaos can somehow break its own rules and cease to require the emotions of mortals to sustain itself. Or are we to take all the lore like that at face value?

You should be sorry for being dumb as hell. I mean come on why don't you read the lore before forming an opinion.

The walls of reality are thin after millions of years of the Warp battering on it. With humanity's impending psychic evolution, the flood gates are going to open. If the Emperor doesn't guide humanity through that phase, then every woman, man, and child in the galaxy, those countless trillions, will be transformed into Warp portals that will spew pure Chaos all over the galaxy. This will end all life, space, and time. It will be a limbo where Chaos rules forever.

You would know you did your homework?
>>
>>44484299
Yeah. An entire faction springing up from a single planet thanks to a mysterious leader cropping up out of nowhere to unite them and advancing their technology to develop powered armour suits and proceed to conquer every civilization they meet? Talk about Mary sue.
>>
>>44484403
>Popping up out of no where.
He's been on Earth for centuries guiding humanity. Y'know what's weird though? A species evolving from herbivore animals to space-faring, highly advanced civilization in a couple hundred years.
>>
>>44484387
>The walls of reality are thin after millions of years of the Warp battering on it

That's not how the veil between realities works at all, it's self-repairing as evidenced by the lack of Chaos incursions during the Great Crusade compared to the Eldar Empire.

> With humanity's impending psychic evolution, the flood gates are going to open. If the Emperor doesn't guide humanity through that phase, then every woman, man, and child in the galaxy, those countless trillions, will be transformed into Warp portals that will spew pure Chaos all over the galaxy.

This is true.

>This will end all life, space, and time. It will be a limbo where Chaos rules forever.

Sense of scale, do you have one? The Eldar Empire managed to fuck up the galaxy with their repeated psychic abuse, and you're suggesting that Humanity has the capability to wipe out the universe, something trillions of times larger? Sorry, but even if Chaos wins, the Hive Mind is, assuming it has eaten a dozen galaxies, more than powerful enough to vacuum up the Chaos-stained Milky Way afterwards, it being a tiny speck of dust in the universal ocean and all.
>>
>>44484387
But Daemons are literally the reflections of emotions. They can sustain themselves off of souls for a while, but without that constant background noise, they'll fade away and the warp will become calm.

That's just how Daemons work. Killing living creature weakens Chaos directly. That's why they see Tyranids as competition and Necrons are killing people to kill Chaos.

As soon as Chaos jumps out of everyone's heads, they've got a few years at best before they all starve and vanish.

This isn't some huge leap of logic. Its just recognizing how Chaos and the Warp work and extrapolating.
>>
>>44484387
You would know if you did your homework*
>>
>>44484465
So he says.
>>
>>44484465
What? The Tau were at the stoneage at the 35th millenium and it took them 5000 years to achieve space travel. Yes thats still fast but quick advancement is the Tau's thing. Plus they aren't herbivores they're just hooved.
>>
>>44484476
>That's not how the veil between realities works at all, it's self-repairing as evidenced by the lack of Chaos incursions during the Great Crusade compared to the Eldar Empire.

Except that's what's stated in the rulebook. The walls of reality are breaking apart and the Emperor is doing his best to plug them but he is losing his grip.

The Great Crusade were fighting daemons but didn't recognize them as what they were.

Once again, you have proven that know next to nothing about the lore.

>Sense of scale, do you have one? The Eldar Empire managed to fuck up the galaxy with their repeated psychic abuse, and you're suggesting that Humanity has the capability to wipe out the universe, something trillions of times larger? Sorry, but even if Chaos wins, the Hive Mind is, assuming it has eaten a dozen galaxies, more than powerful enough to vacuum up the Chaos-stained Milky Way afterwards, it being a tiny speck of dust in the universal ocean and all.

Yes, because the humanity is growing into a psychic race that far outstrips the Eldar. Chaos plans to utilize this with weakening of the walls of reality to flood the galaxy with pure uncreation of the Warp.

>but even if Chaos wins, the Hive Mind is, assuming it has eaten a dozen galaxies, more than powerful enough to vacuum up the Chaos-stained Milky Way afterwards,

And here you proof that you cannot read. Which explains everything.

There would be nothing for the Tyranids to eat. All matter, time, and life will cease to be. There will be only a whirlpool of pure Chaos.

>>44484485
>But Daemons are literally the reflections of emotions. They can sustain themselves off of souls for a while, but without that constant background noise, they'll fade away and the warp will become calm.

Except that won't happen because there would be no time because Chaos would destroy it in real space. It's going to be a daemon limbo.
>>
>>44484618
>As soon as Chaos jumps out of everyone's heads, they've got a few years at best before they all starve and vanish.

Time would be dead. There are no years, days, or second. Just Chaos.

>This isn't some huge leap of logic. Its just recognizing how Chaos and the Warp work and extrapolating.

Know it's your headcanon that you are trying to stick on Chaos.

We have confirmation that alternative realities and universe exist (thanks to Necron lore). We also know that Chaos invades these alternative universe. Why do you think somehow this galaxy is important?
>>
>>44484618
>Except that's what's stated in the rulebook. The walls of reality are breaking apart and the Emperor is doing his best to plug them but he is losing his grip.

Chaos has become stronger since the Heresy due to the gradual increase of psychic activity, mostly from the slowly growing Humanity. This still doesn't change the fact that it was explicitly stated that there was a shortage of Warpstorms (see: Material/Immaterial breaches) at the beginning of the Crusade compared to the late Age of Strife. I've just explained my point with in-'verse logic and you're still clinging to face value statements which, earlier in this thread, have been discredited.

Yes, because the humanity is growing into a psychic race that far outstrips the Eldar. Chaos plans to utilize this with weakening of the walls of reality to flood the galaxy with pure uncreation of the Warp.

This threatens the Universe, how? You, being a self-proclaimed sage of the 40k lore must know that without something on the Material end holding it open, most breaches in Warpspace dissipate over time, so either this gap is going to have to be universally large, a truly ridiculous feat that would require every Human to be more powerful than Magnus himself, or Chaos is going to have to break its own rules and become self-sustaining, both are unlikely.

How about you develop a rational point of view and stop reading every word from a multi-source universe, critiqued for its plot holes and inconsistency, as if it were Word of God?
>>
>>44484298
>>Your problem that you read Newcron fluff superficially (probably from a wiki) and formed an opinionated conclusion based on your dislike of the faction.
I will not waste my time to try and convince you. You seem to think I hate the necrons while I like the necrons. I liked them before newcrons were a thing. I was okay with newcrons as well I think the codex was well written.

But still, like all "villain" 40k factions necrons have all the tools/means to win but the plot prevents them from doing it and it just makes them look stupid and incompetent.

Happy new year!
>>
>>44484705
>Chaos has become stronger since the Heresy due to the gradual increase of psychic activity, mostly from the slowly growing Humanity. This still doesn't change the fact that it was explicitly stated that there was a shortage of Warpstorms (see: Material/Immaterial breaches) at the beginning of the Crusade compared to the late Age of Strife. I've just explained my point with in-'verse logic and you're still clinging to face value statements which, earlier in this thread, have been discredited.

That's because the walls of reality were stronger back then and also coupled by the fact that the gestation and birth of Slannesh sapped the Warp of its energy.

You didn't explain anything, You are shoehorning your headcanon instead of actual fluff.

>most breaches in Warpspace dissipate over time, so either this gap is going to have to be universally large, a truly ridiculous feat that would require every Human to be more powerful than Magnus himself, or Chaos is going to have to break its own rules and become self-sustaining, both are unlikely.

For the hundredths time, time will cease to be.

There would be no walls of reality. It will be a wound in space that will never go away. What's happening is not "breaking" Chaos own. It's happening exactly as it was stated in the fluff. What it's breaking is your headcanon.

And I didn't say it will threaten the universe. The destruction will most likely be limited to the galaxy and even if it destroyed the universe, so what? It's within the abilities of Chaos going by the AoS lore.

>How about you develop a rational point of view and stop reading every word from a multi-source universe, critiqued for its plot holes and inconsistency, as if it were Word of God?

How about you stick to the lore in a lore discussion instead of throwing headcanon around like it means something.
>>
>>44484705
>How about you develop a rational point of view

Stop asking for that, his reasoning is that Chaos can do anything because it is Chaos and any argument you have against that is moot simply because it is Chaos and Chaos can do anything it wants. You cannot have any argument or logic applied to it.
>>
>>44484769
>But still, like all "villain" 40k factions necrons have all the tools/means to win but the plot prevents them from doing it and it just makes them look stupid and incompetent.

Anon, you won't waste your time because you have no case at all. Most of what you said is factually incorrect and curiously biased against the Newcrons which makes me not believe you when you say you like the Newcrons.

>But still, like all "villain" 40k factions necrons have all the tools/means to win but the plot prevents them from doing it and it just makes them look stupid and incompetent.

The only things that are stopping the Newcrons from dominating the galaxy is that only a small fraction of them have awakened, not enough to conquer the galaxy. They don't have the numbers yet to overwhelm the galaxy and it made worse by the fact that the Necrons are divided by madness and conflicting agendas. So no, they don't have the means to win.

However, as stated in fluff, it's just the clumsy first steps of an awakening giant. The Necrons are rapidly waking up in the Age of Ending and are uniting under great leaders like Imotekh, Anrakyr, and the Silent King.

Again for infinite time, you would know this if you didn't get your fluff from a wiki.

>Happy new year!

Y..You too
>>
File: Archy1.jpg (821 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy1.jpg
821 KB, 1536x2000
>>44484883
>Chaos can do anything it wants.

It can. It's Chaos. Why is there an argument against this?

In AoS/fantasy, it's stated that Chaos was birthed from the minds of mankind. Yet we see them bringing ruins to entire realities and universes.

Why do people think that the 40K Chaos is any different?
>>
>>44484978
>>Why do people think that the 40K Chaos is any different?
Because they are different settings, DUH!
>>
>>44480739
>or their opponents writen as complete retards
Well, most 40k factions are complete retards. Even Eldar fall in that line, when they rely on their prophecies too much.
>>
>>44485243
Except it was stated that Chaos is the same in both settings.The daemons running around in 40K are the one and the same as the daemons running around in AoS/fantasy.

That would make 40K a part of the multiverse shown in AoS.
>>
>>44484978
Maybe, just maybe, we're all deluded fags that actually want tension rather than a "hurr, omnipotent space-villain," kind of antagonist in a multi-faction universe, which makes for some of the laziest narratives you can find in the professional writing sector. Of course, this is GW we're talking about.
>>
>>44484403
>mysterious leader cropping up out of nowhere
>his sons betrayed him or died
>his empire and dreams are in ruins
>his servants don't even let him die peacefully
I don't think it's overwank m8
>>
>>44484978
Different settings, Carnac.
>>
>>44485448
But you recognize the parallels. The difference is that the Imperium has had several thousand years to have their rise and fall, while Tau are still just starting out. Complaining about Tau plot armor and how they should have been wiped out is the same as complaining about Imperial plot armor.
>>
>>44485488
>several thousand years to have their rise and fall
The Great Crusade era lasted several hundred years at most. Everything after Horus Heresy was accelerating agony. Tau plot armor is thicker than Dorn's frontal bone. Imperium plot armor is thinner than regular flak armor.
>>
>>44483167
>Thinking that anything in White Dwarf ultimately matters
>Not knowing that the Tau were actually created to show the slow slip of a noblebright race into grimdarkness, which is what GW is doing
>Thinking Eldar prophecies are worth believing in

Nevermind that because MUH SPUS MUHREENS are the biggest and most precious faction to GW like Chaos Warriors to WHF, they'll probably come out on top of any end of times shit with their own feudal empire or something because they sell the most models.
>>
>>44485485
Fucking Kaldor Draigo dropped by in the End of Times of all things, and the Skaven ended up contacting the Eldar on the warp telephone.
>>
>>44485570
>Imperium conquers entire galaxy from One world in a few centuries.
>Tau tales the same amount of time oneah of their expansions to conquer a dozen star systems
>>
>>44485485
You

see

>>44485299

Different universes in the same multiverse.
>>
File: 1385689481756.png (130 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1385689481756.png
130 KB, 622x626
>>44480206
>the thread
>>
>>44485762
>Imperium conquers entire galaxy from One world in a few centuries.
>with godlike leader, his 18 clones, warp travel and scraps of ancient technology
>reclaims some of humanity old colonies with its population, tech and infrastructure
>gee why Emp did better than some startup blue race in close proximity of Tyranid Hive fleet and orkz?
>>
>>44485720
>>Thinking that anything in White Dwarf ultimately matters

Matters more than whatever you got to say. It's an interview from the guy who wrote their codex.

>>Not knowing that the Tau were actually created to show the slow slip of a noblebright race into grimdarkness, which is what GW is doing

You see (>>44480937). I know what the Tau are about and I enjoy it.

>>Thinking Eldar prophecies are worth believing in

Just saying, The Eldar saw into the future and there is a possible future where the Tau get their happy ending. It's not 100% hopeless as you guys think.
>>
>>44485869
>The faction with a physical god has less plot armour than some plucky young upstarts

I thought you were tryjg to argue how the Imperium wasn't Mary sue?
>>
>>44485812
It was always just a fan theory. Chaos power and influence makes sense in WHFB thematically, in 40k it's stupid. How retarded Chaos gods can corrupt anybody but degenerates and madmen who would worship Cthulhu? Where it was before War in Heaven? Why humanity spawned more Chaos gods in 50k years than the rest of the universe combined in millions of years before that?
>>
>>44485898
>Codex Fluff
Why are you reading that shit again?

>Eldar
Considering that the Eldar aren't even intelligent enough to follow their prophecies when they ARE correct, I wouldn't bother with them at all. The Eldar know only fail. Well besides Maugan Ra, but he's the only redeeming factor of the Craftworlders.
>>
>>44485983
>I thought you were tryjg to argue how the Imperium wasn't Mary sue?
You didn't prove it to begin with.
>>
>>44480206
>constant disregard for things like the conservation of mass
If you want to bitch about that, the Necrons are three doors down to your left.
>>
>>44485984
>It was always just a fan theory.

It's not since we have a statement from GW saying they the daemons are one and the same in both universes.

And it makes the same about of since in fantasy as it does in 40K. Chaos was spawned by mankind in both settings. In fantasy mankind literally lives on just one planet and yet Chaos is a multiversal threat. Clearly Chaos does not function on mortal logic and has no or little constraints.

>Where it was before War in Heaven?

Sleeping? Busy in another universe?

Be'lakor aka the First Prince of Chaos is purported to be millions of years old and he has memories of the first Necrontyr necropolis and the first Eldar homeworlds. This means that Chaos could have been active somewhat during that time period.
>>
>>44482970

I would be perfectly okay with 'Primal Tyranids', especially if it brought back Zoats.
>>
>>44484387

Archaon got fat. Really fat.
>>
>>44486218
Look at his belly section.

He has a galaxy there. I don't think he is flesh and bone anymore. Inside his armor is just the carcasses and cosmic dust of murdered universes.
>>
>>44486049
Well, its a good thing your opinion on Tau and my opinion on the Imperium are both just opinions. If you don't think what's been pointed out already counts because reasons, I guess you can just go live your life.
>>
File: Stephen-Colbert.gif (2 MB, 374x245) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Colbert.gif
2 MB, 374x245
>>44483396
This.
>>
>>44485761

>easter eggs and jokes are hard canon

You're like one of those autistic retards who cite one-off examples cape comic superheroes doing something out-of-character thanks to bad writers and assume its always been an intended part of their character and power set, aren't you.
>>
>>44486272

Fatty should put down the galaxy burgers then.
>>
File: 1451453982800.png (577 KB, 1068x1515) Image search: [Google]
1451453982800.png
577 KB, 1068x1515
>>44483299
>Why don't bother reading the awesome fluff that GW writes?
>GW
>awesome fluff
>awesome
>>
File: 25.jpg (623 KB, 1170x1617) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
623 KB, 1170x1617
>>44486169
But they came back ages ago.
>>
>>44486152
Chaos ignores causality anon. Time in the warp does not exist, which is how ships end up popping up across space and time randomly, and how Slaanesh created itself.
>>
>>44486152
>Chaos was spawned by mankind in both settings.
In WHFB Elves and Slaans fought wars against Chaos before humanity had any presence in it.
Same in 40k, other servant races caused Enslaver plague.
>multiversal threat
Wishful Chaos thinking
>Sleeping? Busy in another universe?
It didn't exist before distortion in calm Immaterium caused by galactic war. It wasn't influenced by sapient species outside Milky Way galaxy. It's local and limited.
>>
>>44486277
You are welcome. I was bored of tau wank anyways.
>>
>>44486308
Point me to where it is stated to be non-canon. If it's published with canonical material, not declared to be non canon, it's canon.
>>
>>44483167
>Fantasy = 40k
Holy shit this is so retarded it hurts.
>>
>>44486468

Except the fluff states that humanity created Chaos. (Source 6th ED Hordes of Chaos).

>Same in 40k, other servant races caused Enslaver plague.

The Enslavers are not pure warp creatures. They have physical bodies and don't need a connection to the Warp to exist in real space.

>Wishful Chaos thinking

Read the AoS fluff, you wanker.

> It's local and limited.

Proof it.

Like i said Be'lakor was memories of the first NECRONTYR necropolis, This means the daemon prince was active in the War on Heaven era.
>>
>>44484841

Headcanon. Headcanon. Is that all you can say? Do you have any actual refutation of his arguments other than "HURR YOUR STATEMENTS ARE ALL JUST HEADCANON AND I'M IGNORING YOU"?

And what is your constant "Chaos will break time because Chaos," but a headcanon?
>>
>>44480762
Rump-rustled Imperiumfag detected

"IT'S NOT A JOKE GAME ANYMORE, ANON! MY SPACE DOLLIES WITH SHOULDERPADS THE SIZE OF SPARTAN SHIELDS R SRS BZNSS!!"
>>
>>44486681
>Headcanon. Headcanon. Is that all you can say? Do you have any actual refutation of his arguments other than "HURR YOUR STATEMENTS ARE ALL JUST HEADCANON AND I'M IGNORING YOU"?

I...are...are you a moron? The dude I was arguing with was disagreeing with the actual fluff and and presenting his headcanon like it was real fluff. He did not back up his statements with anything except his opinion.

>And what is your constant "Chaos will break time because Chaos," but a headcanon?

See (>>44483374),

Next time follow the post chain.
>>
>>44486628
has memories*
>>
>>44486681
I'm not even the guy and I can see's right. The other fucker is just throwing around his opinion. "The warp can't be sustained in real-space, they dissipate over time!"

>What is the Maelstrom?
>What is the Eye of Terror?
>What is the most feared areas of space being unsafe to travel due to dangerous warp current?

Chaos is fucking dangerous. If daemons can appear from a single human and consume a whole planet (not always gonna happen but it can) what's gonna happen when every human in the known galaxy becomes a fucking psyker of rather impressive power? It'd be like a god-damn global power surge except everyone's everything blows up shoving shards of hot glass in their eyes and daemons begin pouring out of everyone's sockets.

And this Anon thinks he's fucking clever by saying "It's okay, it'll die off guys!" When chaos has existed on much less for much longer and now the warp has made a massive bleeding wound the size of a fucking galaxy.
>>
>>44486628
>Source
Fluff directly contradicts itself. Nothing new.
>The Enslavers are not pure warp creatures.
They were born in the Warp and it doesn't contradict with anything you said.
>Read the AoS fluff, you wanker.
AoS and EoT fluff is shit, I'm not buying it
>Proof it.
I did. Its whole history Chaos was influenced by one galaxy.

>This means the daemon prince was active in the War on Heaven era.
I didn't contest it. Chaos outbreak was before War in Heaven ended.
>>
>>44486681
>what is your constant
It's Chaos wank
>>
>>44487231
>Fluff directly contradicts itself. Nothing new.

It does not.

Humans existed long before the gates fell in fantasy.

>They were born in the Warp and it doesn't contradict with anything you said.

Source? The fact that they are physical creatures that don't requite the Warp to survive would indicate that's not true. The Warp is not a place physical life can endure and evolve.

>AoS and EoT fluff is shit, I'm not buying it

You don't get to dismiss it because you don't like it.

>I did. Its whole history Chaos was influenced by one galaxy.

And the whole history of Chaos in fantasy is influenced by one planet. It didn't stop Chaos from ravaging countless realities and worlds.

Also you disgarrding that Chaos lore constantly mentions that it's influencing the universe.

>I didn't contest it. Chaos outbreak was before War in Heaven ended.

You didn't contst it because It's proof that Chaos can function outside the limits of time.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.