[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder Final boss Suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 695x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 695x1000
So I'm running my Pathfinder game this Saturday which has a Steampunk/lamp lightish setting. The final boss fight for this adventure is going to take place in an abandoned Whale oil factory, the only problem is, I'm not sure what should go into the lead up besides "Walk in, it's Spooky and Old, look at all this old equipment, Fight" Does anyone have any suggestions for the lead up? Maybe mini encounters before the fight? Or puzzles?
>>
>>44478647
A lantern puzzle where they have to fill up lanterns to specific volumes to light a giant vat of whale oil, revealing a hatch on the bottom of the vat.

Also clockwork workers.
>>
>>44478647
Who's the boss/what's his motivation/what resources does he have?
>>
a big poop a BIIIIIG POOP
>>
>>44478647

The entire place should at some point catch on fire from all the old oil. Have the party see ghosts of whales in the smoke from the fire.
>>
>>44478970
2spooky
>>
>>44478895
The boss is a Werewolf essentially trying to start the werewolf apocalypse with a Magic Muggifun hidden by an Old monster hunter turned Drunken Whaler, the factory itself provides a perfect defense as its isolation and harsh winter conditions surrounding it make it virtually un reachable. The miggufin is a Amulet made From a tooth from the first Eldrich Wolf Creature that would start the werewolf curse, when held by a powerful werewolf, it rases the corpses of those bitten into Werewolf/Zombies, and Super charges all in his pack. He plans to use the power and Turn the world into a game preserve for his pack and future desciples to hunt in
>>
>>44478970
That sounds like a Perfect Closing scene
>>
>>44478895
He also has Military training, and a pack of at least 100 strong, 80 by the time the PC's arrive at the station
>>
>>44478647
oil zombies
something that involves setting the whole place on fire with drums of oil exploding and shit
my captcha is tentacular tihosust, so include that too
>>
>>44479076
Give him an attack where he huffs and puffs and blows the entire fucking factory down with the party still in it. Maybe have a sequence where he's retreating with the party chasing his trail so that they get to see broken/half-eaten bodies strewn about the place. It's also very important that the final showdown happens with a bloody red moon up high and giving him numerous buffs. Also make him the cool kind of werewolf, not the shitty Order 1886 naked rat shit.
>>
File: 20-group3.jpg (74 KB, 750x407) Image search: [Google]
20-group3.jpg
74 KB, 750x407
>>44478647
>>44479076
Give the players a single silver bullet and, no matter what happens, make it so it's ultimately wasted and the werewolf boss gets to laugh and gloat about it. Doesn't matter how you do it, have a goon teleport in to take the shot for all it matters.
>>
>>44479180
So I'll have it so that he's the biggest fucking werewolf ever, and when he's bloodied, Basically blow up the factory, Under assumption that His regeneration is a better odds then the PC's surviving the explosion? Oh and I'm basing him off the Van Hellsing Werewolf, Fucking disappointing ass 1886
>>
>>44479236
They have Special Silver bullets, I had a whole plot point where they had to deal with the Baba Yaga to get them, Trust me, it won't do what they think it, will do but that gives me the thought of the Alpha Picking up an underling and Throwing his ass in the path of the last shot
>>
The silver is a catalyst to "breakdown" the werewolf, and when combined with the magical tooth amulet at the right moment, he becomes SuperUltraVeryBadWolf

With the energy of the amulet flooding the room, the hero must quickly shoot himself with a silver bullet and turn into one of his magnitude, becoming SuperUltraVeryGoodWolf

Stalemate, requires a heroic sacrifice, bye bye SuperUltraVeryGoodWolf you will be missed, etc

I dunno man, maybe seduce him?
>>
>>44479340
Perfect, End the entire encounter with a Hump-off, where do I sign the check.

That actually might work, but maybe have the Amulet only able to activate once the Baba Yaga's Silver is introduced?
>>
>>44479367
Maybe the Silver and the Amulet are attracted to each other, and the heroes think that "THE BULLET WILL GO TO THE AMULET REGARDLESS OF WHERE I SHOOT, DESTROYING IT!"
But it actually just wants to merge together since they're both equal halves of the final product to bring about the yiffpocalypse
Anything that dies within range of it becomes the supercharged furry, so if your heroes tries to kill the big bad, just make it so that when he dies he's all like "IT WAS ALL A RUSE, YOU HAVE COMPLETED MY RITUAL"

Then, I have no idea, that's all I got buddy
>>
I have a team, a team created with 15 point buy. My GM decided to put us at this low so me and my buddy conspired a tad. I'm playing the wizard, he is playing my pocket fighter. We're level 3.

We're both human

He is Mutation Warrior/VMC barbarian

He's 18/12/14/8/12/8, I'm 8/12/14/18/12/8

We've conspired to do the following, make him as buff as physically possible. I am an enchancement transmuter so I can give him +2 with my school ability, +2 from enlarge person, +4 from bull's strength (double duration with that one trait, plus mage's tattoo and bloodmage initiate makes it 10 minute duration). He then rages and mutates for +8.

This gives him a total of 34 strength.

Any other means we can use to increase his strength at level 3? We haven't started the game yet, so I was thinking of him changing to orc and pumping to 22 strength. Then we can reach 38 strength when fully charged.
>>
Who is the best buffer in the game in terms of strategic buffs (ones to get people out of tight spots as single use, such as moment of greatness, feather fall, etc.)?

A wizard? An oracle? A Bard?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.