[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k Rules discrepancy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Avatar of khaine glow effect.jpg (86 KB, 808x600) Image search: [Google]
Avatar of khaine glow effect.jpg
86 KB, 808x600
So, few weeks ago while underway my friend and I were playing a game of 40k. 2000 pts eldar vs Skitaari if I recall correctly, with him having an imperial knight allied in. Anyways, I've got a jetbike squad I'm bouncing in and out of LOS with the turbo boost rule, the problem is that the digital copy of the rules he had on his tablet and hard copy I had have differing rules for turbo boosting. I was wondering which was right, anyone know?
>>
File: tau.jpg (233 KB, 775x649) Image search: [Google]
tau.jpg
233 KB, 775x649
bump with /tg/ related pics
>>
>>44471903
What were the differences?
>>
>>44471903
Generally speaking, the version in the core rulebook overrides what's written in older codexes. Check the errata for specific details.
>>
File: 81608727.jpg (103 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
81608727.jpg
103 KB, 750x600
>>44473016
The errata had nothing related to the issue
>>44472960
It was with regards to jetbikes turbo boosting, and whether or not jetbikes can turbo boost after shooting. The digital version said no, but the hard copy had a subsection that said eldar and deldar jetbikes could turboboost 2d6 after shooting
>>
>>44473710
Wut? i am fairly certain that you cannot turbo boost after shooting, unless that I another elder trickery.

As mentioned before consult your hard cover first then check if they have errated that (which I think they haven't)
>>
In addition to following all the rules for Jetbikes, if an Eldar Jetbike elects to
Turbo-boost in the Shooting phase, it can move up to 36". If they do not Turboboost,
Eldar Jetbikes may move up to 2D6" in the Assault phase, even if they
have shot in the preceding Shooting phase or arrived by Deep Strike that turn.
When Eldar Jetbikes move in the Assault phase and do not charge, they treat
difficult terrain in the same way as they do in the Movement phase.
>>
>>44474616
Continuing off myself, it's an Eldar Jetbike thing specifically, normal bikes cannot do this.

So you shoot, then you make a 2d6 move, similar to Tau Jetpacks.

So you're both kind of wrong, if you Turboboost, that's your shooting phase.

Movement Phase: 12"
Shooting Phase: Shoot or move another up to 36"
Assault Phase: if Turbo'd done, if you shot, you may make a 2D6 move.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>44473943
>>44474616
>>
>>44474677
Hope that clears it up for you. To find this in the rulebook, look under unit types. it's the final section to "Bikes & Jetbikes" Titled "Eldar and Dark Eldar Jetbikes"
>>
>>44474677
>>44474716
It kind of does, my qualm was that the digital edition doesn't have that blurb about eldar, but the hard copy does, so I was trying to figure out which was right
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.