[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys have any experience/ever played an aquatic campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 39
Do you guys have any experience/ever played an aquatic campaign
How come nobody ever wants to do one of those with the mermaids and seamans and shit, is it because everything is underwater or is it just mechanically inferior to running games that take place on land/air/space?
>>
It needs more Stormwrack and Shark people
>>
File: Aquatic Campaign.jpg (35 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
Aquatic Campaign.jpg
35 KB, 625x450
>>44452936
ok
>>
File: WETSUIT scan.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
WETSUIT scan.pdf
1 B, 486x500
One time my Dragonlance DM had an underwater game with sea elves and stuff. I had fun.

OP is right - it seems like aquatic adventures are criminally underused in RPGs outside of niche stuff like this.
>>
>>44453103
I'd play.
>>
File: dolphins_by_sharkie19-d7p550t.png (368 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
dolphins_by_sharkie19-d7p550t.png
368 KB, 600x461
>>44453111
It's probably because either underwater sucks big dick or because underwater is just above water but everything is just replaced with a fishy equivalent. At that point you'd wonder why even do underwater when it's the same fucking shit.
>>
>>44453352
Dolphins and Sharks tend to be friends though, or at least allies of convience.
>>
>>44453111
I've never heard of a show called Wetsuit and google is coming up with nothing but Seaquest. Is wetsuit based on that or is there some super-obscure show called wetsuit that even google has never heard of?
>>
We played one once yeah, in a flooding world setting. It was actually really cool and a lot of fun, way more than I expected a game pretty much entirely on the water on a small raft to be.

One of the characters was a mermaid shaman who kept following and taunting us and assuring us we were going to die.
>>
File: underwater-cave.jpg (59 KB, 900x608) Image search: [Google]
underwater-cave.jpg
59 KB, 900x608
>>44450502
Most space games happen in artificial gravity and any ship to ship maneuvering (such as combat) is handled in large open spaces. Underwater games have the inherent problem that -everything- is easily capable of movement in three dimensions, to the point where making two dimensional anything just comes out silly. Towers can be trivially scaled, pits are just vertical hallways, and the task of designing and playing a game in such environs stretches the ability of most GMs and players just to keep straight in their heads what is going on. Imagine playing D&D or whatever game where everyone in the world could fly. You have to drastically rethink not just how the rules of the game work, but how the world these rules describe works. How do you secure an underwater building from entry? What does fighting even look like? What kinds of weapons are practical for such combat?
>>
>>44453111
>hit television series
>girls in wetsuits

I was born in 1980. How come I never saw this during the 90s?
Was it not an American show?
>>
>>44456042
Why does it have to be based on a show rather than the general item called a wetsuit in which I presume the characters of the rpg are clad in?
>>
>>44456143
Twisty caves still work. Des/ascending into a fissure turns it mostly 2D environment as well. Additionally in some settings the players may be wearing heavy armor suits that prevent them from swimming freely while they have to fend off everything else that does.
>>
>>44456256
I dont' even care about the rpg anymore. I want to find out what this show is so I can watch girls trot around in wetsuits.
I can't even find this fucking show on imdb.
>>
>>44456317
As someone who has tried this in the past I can tell you this is MUCH harder to deal with than it looks. Just try designing a building used by merfolk. Give it a couple stories and watch the mindfuck unfold.
>>
>>44456042
I think it might be a reference to other underwater base TV shows like Seabase DSV and Ocean Girl
>>
>>44456419
I don't know. The pdf says "based on the show of the same name".
I'm also not turning up any results that aren't Seaquest DSV.
>>
>>44456390
Okay, there still IS gravity, so there are still floors to put shit on. However, no ladders, just shafts. We may add sacks hanging from baloons at the ceiling for some extra doodad space. They'd probably use hammocks to sleep.

Construction materials rise a serious question though. Anything we build things out of on the surface relies on drying out.
We may have to just limit them to caves.

Metal industry is a big question as well (unless magic). It may be possible to get geothermal heat, but water is much more conductive than air. Getting anywhere near will cook the wanna-be smith.
>>
>>44456552
Yeah, and I'm saying that might be a joke.
>>
>>44456637
My dick doesn't appreciate the joke.
>>
File: Hit Television Series.png (801 KB, 1286x458) Image search: [Google]
Hit Television Series.png
801 KB, 1286x458
>>44456256
It could just be written to look like it was based on a show, and the photo at the end has mismatched lighting between the people suggesting this.

Also the general rules-lite style doesn't fit and there is an overall lack of references within the work itself that suggests that Wetsuit (tm) never was a show.
>>
>>44450502
Underwater rules are a little janky, if i remember
>>
>>44456721
>>44456673
>>44456637
>>44456552
>>44456419
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/19986383/
That INCESSANT referencing of the show really grinds my fake-o-meter.
>>
>>44450502
>>44456722
You know there are games other than DnD, right?
>>
>>44456837
And they come out open later on. So yeah dear gents.
>>
File: 1396008693302.jpg (578 KB, 1294x1000) Image search: [Google]
1396008693302.jpg
578 KB, 1294x1000
>>44456390
>>44456556

I've done some basic figuring out, of semi-merfolk houses, based in a city built around a small island by humans. Merfolk houses have round entrances, and they use glass floats tied to ropes for "doors". all shelves and such are basically just glass or clay jugs, tied in nets, or nets in general. Since they do have trade with humans and few other surface races they have access to brass, so they do have some stuff with that. The don't really have beds to sleep in, but they sleep in neutral buoyancy, on a small area of sponges or something, and they sleep together as a family unit.
>>
>>44457009
Oh, and waste was handled by areas that were basically pits that would collect the "sludge" and would eventually be emptied by getting dredged and taken away from the city to be dumped into the equivalent of the "Great blue hole."
>>
>>44457093
Wouldn't it just dissolve in the water and feed plankton?
>>
File: xlg_ocean_floor_raid_1.jpg (266 KB, 698x1024) Image search: [Google]
xlg_ocean_floor_raid_1.jpg
266 KB, 698x1024
>>44450502
I'd like to, since I think underwater exploration and marine biology is really cool, but most games aren't mechanically very well suited for it. Rules for moving and fighting underwater are usually cumbersome and would get annoying to use all the time very quickly, and if you ignore the rules then it pretty much becomes a regular above-water adventure with a reskin. Plus handling movement in 3 dimensions is something pretty much no game does, and while that can be abstracted (regular DnD already has a lot of cretaures that cna fly, yet it still handles combat on a 2-dimensional surface), it is somehting you have to take into account.

I could just make a part of an adventure be exploring an underwater cave, though. Since in a cave your movement is restricted by the walls, being able to move in 3 dimensions is easier to handle, and if it's a relatively short section the mechanics would hopefully not get too tedious.
>>
>>44450502
Good fucking luck placing tokens in 3D.

I imagine you could do it easily with a custom computer program, but off the top of my head I don't know of any that'd really work. I suppose you could host a multiplayer garry's mod server and .mdl your characters, but that's $10 per player for something you honestly only use 0.1% of.
>>
>>44460857
>>
>>44460295
what a poorly conceived contraption
>>
File: xlg_iron_whale.jpg (202 KB, 653x1024) Image search: [Google]
xlg_iron_whale.jpg
202 KB, 653x1024
>>44461220
I know. There's no airlock in the bottom aside from a basic air pressure system, which at the depth of the ocean floor should not function (it only works if air pressure is enough to keep the water out. Given the prerssure in the bottom of the ocean is hundreds of times higher than atmospheric pressure, even if the contraption isn't crushed by the pressure it should be flooding through the hole).

Still, it's hardly the stupidest underwater contraption I have seen.
>>
File: 500 list.png (210 KB, 1630x1218) Image search: [Google]
500 list.png
210 KB, 1630x1218
>>44456673
>My dick doesn't appreciate the joke.

Sorry anon. If it's any consolation, I also wish it had been a real show. This was made for a 24-hour RPG challenge a few years back. I think I rolled "Submarines, Megastorms, and Post-Apocalyptic" as the three themes.
>>
Rolled 234, 246, 128 = 608 (3d500)

>>44461524
Here I go
>>
File: 1404845951370.jpg (116 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
1404845951370.jpg
116 KB, 500x707
>>44459523
I figured that the density of the city would require something more than just that. I mean the city also has a lot of sponges filtering stuff and a lot of urchins, mussels, and crabs also scavenging the depths. But the city itself is about 60k, and over half of that population is aquatic or semi-aquatic species, and that's a lot of waste being made, so to keep the city from sinking into sludge that's their idea. Also the landlocked species throw refuse into bins that get emptied into barges that slowly travels through the city, then take them to the same hole to dump.
>>
>>44450502
I'm actually curious as to how you would handle merfolks out of water besides just making them crawl around awkwardly, I was thinking of either levitation via magic/telekinesis or a ring of wetness that keeps them hydrated and moist. I think just giving them legs is a big copout, it works but then you're not really playing as a merfolk by that point.
>>
>>44450502
I'm running a One Piece campaign currently, it's my first time GMing ever and so far players my players report that my campaign has been rad as hell. I have an underwater portion of the game planned out but they have yet to trigger any events or explore the area that would lead them to it
>>
>>44456143
Man, I'd rather go into space than go cave diving or work a submarine.

They're all pretty horrible ways to die, but at least space might be worth it.
>>
File: 1348370079872.jpg (194 KB, 808x1200) Image search: [Google]
1348370079872.jpg
194 KB, 808x1200
>>44463700
my buddies and i kind of have our own shared 'setting' sort of, and at least 3 of us have played merfolk at different points. We all had different ways of getting around on land. The easiest is a ring from the "stormwrack" book, that lets you have legs when worn. The normal item for that in pathfinder is interesting as well, as it's a shawl and it only last 4 hours a day, so it's rather restrictive. I've also had one who used an apparatus of kwalish to get around, and one who used a cauldron of flying filled with water. In a lower level game we had, one basically rigged up the equivalent of a baby walker, and used his fins to scoot around, and when that didn't work he had his summons carry him to where he had to go. Due to the stat spread of merfolk though, we agreed on a few other drawbacks that they would have and gave them some other bonuses too, one being when unassisted on land they were always prone, and they had to keep hydrated.
>>
>>44464151
3.5, I assume?
>>
>>44466248
Pathfinder, but we dip into that some too.
>>
File: 1340426313352.gif (482 KB, 210x174) Image search: [Google]
1340426313352.gif
482 KB, 210x174
>>44464151
>one basically rigged up the equivalent of a baby walker, and used his fins to scoot around,
>>
>>44453103
>Showing people what we really do
Where you got that image anon?
>>
>>44450502
Why the fuck does the mermaid have a pierced fin?
>>
>>44468157
Would you rather see a dragon with a pierced horn?

Brikwars Battle Report when
>>
>>44463700
I'd assume they craw around on their lower body like how lamias do it. Only works if the lower body is more serpentine, with a longer tail rather than just a fish-tail, though.
>>
File: marshy_15.jpg (233 KB, 1200x1722) Image search: [Google]
marshy_15.jpg
233 KB, 1200x1722
>>44468739
I've made some swamp merfolk, who have pronounced hip fins, that are like the front flippers of a seal. They kinda flop/wiggle around using the flippers to drag/crawl through the mud.
>>
>>44461169

Let's not pretend that's not a huge pain in the ass. The best way to do underwater (or space) combat is gridless anyway, for this reason.
>>
>>44450502
>seamans

Nice try, m8
>>
File: tumblr_ndggnbS8dO1rewwn7o1_1280.png (365 KB, 802x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndggnbS8dO1rewwn7o1_1280.png
365 KB, 802x1200
mermaids are so overrated
>>
>>44470144
octos are just a kind of mermaid
>>
>>44463700
Horse-drawn bathtubs.
>>
Working or something just like it. Think Dark Sun, but underwater. Heavily inspired by by Planetary Romance, everyone is naked/practically naked in this very alien world.
>>
>>44474993
That's not how you draw a bath, anon.
>>
File: 1359764599360.png (1007 KB, 652x1142) Image search: [Google]
1359764599360.png
1007 KB, 652x1142
iv played a campaign in 3.x cerulean seas undersea setting.

>DM (a literal homosexual) was a DMPC psyker royal variant mary sue princess, yes he played a princess
>a little autistic fuccboi that played a rogue in every seting this time as a litteral sea pixie. basicaly an underwater halfling with angelfish fin fairy wings
>a literal austist furry/scaley that played a crocodilian egyptian paladin divine favor mary sue
>a broteir chad played a kinda centaur hippokampoi (greek mythical sea-horse) lancer that rekt everything

I played a merkoth (octopus varient mer-folk like ursela from little mermaid) that was a tattooed sorcerer. he was pretty fucking baddass. being an octopus he had color and texture changing skin, so he was able to completely control his tattoos he had, and ones he tattooed on others with tattoo magic.he was a traveling tattoo artists like on muh miami ink. he even made his own magical ink. he had a little cuttlefish for a tattoo familure that hid in his face leaving just its tentacles hanging out for a sweet tentacle beard like davey johnes from pirates o/t carribean. he had so many tattoo related wizard powers it was rdiculous. the campaign ended with the seahorse centaur who had mysterious tattoos that turned out to be just a powerfull nuke-level holy bomb granted to him by the sea-gods aka DM bullsht using it to kill the BBEG taking the party with it. however the DM forgot he gave my character the ability to teleport to any tattoo he had previously done. (used to BS the story while players were missing) so I convinced the DM to say he was able to teleport to the tavern we started in, where i payed for my drinks by giving the bartender a nice tattoo (was destoryed in the teleport)so he survived, but had severe injuries to his left arm and leg. if I ever use him again hes gong to be rocking a nice hook and whaletooth skrimshawed pegleg. higher levels he would have become a strong illusionist and shadow magic user, all related to tattoos'n'shit.
>>
File: Aquatic Campaign Monks.jpg (120 KB, 760x603) Image search: [Google]
Aquatic Campaign Monks.jpg
120 KB, 760x603
>>44450502
Would it be better to run the aquatic campaign with emphasis being deep underwater or in coastal waters and plenty of land?
>>
File: 1320857210012.jpg (265 KB, 1037x1455) Image search: [Google]
1320857210012.jpg
265 KB, 1037x1455
>>44479605
It depends on what you're after. Personally I like high seas adventure and would love to run a sailing and/or pirate campaign.
>>
>>44475469

>fucking_carlos.jpg
>>
File: Sharkman back from fishing.jpg (366 KB, 907x1100) Image search: [Google]
Sharkman back from fishing.jpg
366 KB, 907x1100
>>44463700
In my groups setting there is several underwater empires.
Merfolk in that have several ways to move about on land with the three most common ones being large shark-people slaves carrying a large pot of water on their back in which the merperson resides. Shark people can stand be away from water for up to several hours whilst Mers will run into sever issues the moment their skin dries out.
Then there is enchanted vessels, normally a levitating tub fashioned to look like a boat or an oversized shell that they ride in. It's a rich extravagance but normally only rich traders, nobles and dignitaries will actually be on on dry land.
Finally, there are cloudswim spells and weather magic is pretty much a must for any spell-casting Mer wanting to come to the surface.
This allows mass transit across long distances but is relatively useless in towns unless they plan to piss off everyone with blinding fog (Or are attacking)
>>
>>44450502
One of my favourite settings
>>
>>44482791

Love that vid. You can actually buy mermaid-ish swim assists that improve your swimming performance considerably once you learn to use them.

I was in a D&D game where we became pirates at sea and it was fucking awesome. The problem is that you level past the need to have a ship pretty fast. Eventually flying mounts, flying spells, and then teleportation take over. And the game mechanics of running a ship and being a salty seaman aren't fun or well defined in D&D.
>>
>>44456913
>implying people play games that aren't D&D, a D&D retroclone, WoD, or Dark Heresy

When's the last time you actually saw a group for GURPS?
>>
>>44486075
Now that you mention it, I can't think of anybody I know who plays or has played GURPS. I know a lot of people who play DnD/PF, one guy who runs a heavily houseruled ADnD retroclone campaign, I personally play a lot of Dark Heresy and other 40k RPGs, and one of my friends used to play in an oWoD group. Plus the local RPG club usually runs pickup games of this very rules-light Straship Troopers-esque game whose name I can't remember. But not a single person who plays GURPS.
>>
>>44482740
Wait what's stopping the shark people from just killing and eating their mermasters
>>
Rolled 62, 128, 498 = 688 (3d500)

>>44461524
>>
>>44477929
This is why playing as an octomaid is better than the other options. They don't have to fuck around with alternate transportations AND they got a bunch of inherent powers that are useful anywhere.
>>
File: StoplightLoosejaw_Mermaid.png (700 KB, 957x888) Image search: [Google]
StoplightLoosejaw_Mermaid.png
700 KB, 957x888
>>44488711
I prefer ones based on deep sea fish. Even more problems since you'd probably have to take into account the whole pressure barrier thing, but deep sea fish are cool as hell.
Octopuses are cool as well, though, especially if the orctopus-mermaid would actually have the same abilities as a real octopus (freakishly smart with a completely alien kind of intelligence, ability to change colour and texture to blend into just about any surrounding, ability to reshape their bodies to fit through tiny openings),
>>
File: Y-You want to touch my tail.jpg (161 KB, 869x1243) Image search: [Google]
Y-You want to touch my tail.jpg
161 KB, 869x1243
>>44488947
at least post the cute ones
>>
File: Moe_Anglermaid.jpg (301 KB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
Moe_Anglermaid.jpg
301 KB, 1414x2000
>>44489083
I prefer the at least semi-freaky ones. Kind of misses the point if the anglermaid doesn't have huge glassy eyes and a gaping mouth filled with hundreds of needle-like teeth.
That manga is pretty cute, though.
>>
>>44482791
I'd be afraid to use those because of the tiny chance of looking more like a seal to a hungry predatory shark.
>>
>>44488947
I've redone the Cecaelia race a little from pathfinder and gave them a few alternate racial traits that encompass the everything an octopus does. I made an NPC out of it, and she was fun and cute, the PCs actually kinda got into a love triangle with her, oh, and she technically didn't have any bones besides her skull and spine, so she could squeeze through all kinds of stuff, made tying her up a nightmare (they gained the Monster rule, compression to represent it).
>>
There have been some crazily detailed threads on deepsea gaming on /tg/ before. It offers so many possibilities.

The way my campaign deals with the 3D aspect underwater is that there is very few ranged weapons. The only ranged weapon is a speargun used by mermaid royal guard. It only has an effective range of 40ft. So there is not much need for complicated 3D maps as it can essentially be played on a 2D map.

Towers are just dungeon crawling while forts are hemispheres with no way to swim to the top because there is no place that is easier to get into.

Also someone was saying about using a ring of wetness to keep the mermaid alive? There is a better use for that ring ;)
>>
>>44461524
pls no glasses/dj-ing/chores
>>
>>44491163
>Also someone was saying about using a ring of wetness to keep the mermaid alive? There is a better use for that ring ;)
hah I get it, use the ring of wetness and a reversing spell to make it a ring of waterwalk. If you slip it on an enemy then they'll either float all the way to the top or sink below.
>>
>>44491354
Yes... totally what i was thinking. Its nothing at all to do with sex on land.
>>
I did a session that took place underwater and I'm planning another. Crab people!
>>
File: 1443826028338.jpg (100 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
1443826028338.jpg
100 KB, 500x736
Would you a merboy, /tg/?
>>
>>44491760
Yes
>>
>>44491760
>>44491813
Would you a merboy, /tg/?
Even if he turned out to be an anglerfish merboy and if you him he'll fuse with your junk?
>>
>>44491829
...I'd consider it.
>>
>>44491760
Hey bud this isn't a thread for you magical realm shit but yes
>>
File: 1379136081369.jpg (169 KB, 850x739) Image search: [Google]
1379136081369.jpg
169 KB, 850x739
>>44491941
Does /tg/ prefer colorful merfolk like in the post above, or do they prefer the classic merfolk with human upper body and fish tail?
>>
>>44492855
I actually kinda prefer the colorful ones
>>
File: Rural_Evil_Reverse_Mermaid.png (2 MB, 1440x811) Image search: [Google]
Rural_Evil_Reverse_Mermaid.png
2 MB, 1440x811
Real talk, guys.

Human Top/Fish Bottom or Fish Top/Human Bottom?
>>
>>44493060
Human top, preferably with the hips and ass still being just humanlike enough to fuck
>>
>>44491829
Depends on if I get a talking dick out of it
>>
>>44455926
No, dolphins bully sharks to death. Look it up, I'm serious.
>>
File: sharkman evolution.png (95 KB, 900x209) Image search: [Google]
sharkman evolution.png
95 KB, 900x209
>>44487056
Nothing but fiat.

Probably a combination of magic, appeasement and the fact they're not the sharpest tooth in the jaw however they are still to be expanded on so in the meantime it's pretty much 'because I said so'.
>>
>>44450502
>How come nobody ever wants to do one of those with the mermaids and seamans and shit
Off the top of my head:

1. Most systems' mechanics either don't account specially for underwater environments, or deal with them extremely poorly.

2. Most players honestly don't know all that much about what it's like in an aquatic environment, making it challenging to create a shared and compelling verisimilitude that isn't just fantasy schtick with scales and blue paint tacked on.

3. Aquatic tropes don't really add much to play that can't be achieved fairly simply in air, land, or space instead.

tl;dr: an aquatic environment's contributions to a campaign are:
- clunky or meaningless mechanically
- beyond many people experientially
- not very valuable thematically

Just not that much reason to do it, and plenty not to.
>>
>>44497498
You forgot to mention that it skirts dangerously close to a lot of fetishes, both mundane and extreme, and many groups are just not equipped to deal with this and so avoid it.
>>
>>44450502
I've done two sailing heavy campaigns, but never anything full underwater.

Mostly because I generally prefer games with human or near human protagonists and dominant species, which limits things like that.
>>
>>44450502
I don't think boobs work that way underwater
>>
>>44493060
Fish head, human chest and arms, fish midriff, human hips, fish legs.
>>
File: melusine.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
melusine.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>44493060
<Only correct answer.<

>>44493260
So Mermen have the penises just flopping about on the outside?
Or penis sheath?
These are questions that need to be answered.
>>
>>44498619
Explain. Remember that not all boobs are made of silicone.
>>
File: Why not both.gif (976 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Why not both.gif
976 KB, 350x263
>>44492855
Have them all.
Plain looking ones, Sea Lion Ladies as colourful as the fish, Rainbow coloured parrot-fish Mermen.
>>
>>44498724
https://www.google.com.au/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=599&q=nude+underwater

Warning: Nudity.
>>
>>44498874
Neither of the women in OP are nude, their boobs are being smooshed by clothing. Also, I assume that they could be in an action shot. Also, the artist does not seem to be very skilled.
>>
>>44498874
>>44498619
It appears to be exactly how boobs of that size work when pressed together in clothes underwater.

https://youtu.be/2wm3I84OeyQ?t=42s

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=cleavage+underwater&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjr5dXKyIjKAhUL1mMKHWQMDUwQ_AUIBygB&biw=1920&bih=921
>>
File: ritaora1-1.jpg (319 KB, 825x371) Image search: [Google]
ritaora1-1.jpg
319 KB, 825x371
>>44498979
>>
File: Great Tits.jpg (32 KB, 768x510) Image search: [Google]
Great Tits.jpg
32 KB, 768x510
>>44498902
Boobs are quite soft and deform easily. They don't hang in the water and if being smooshed then they would be pressed up against the torso.
To get the large cleavage look you would need clothing designed to specifically hold them in said shape, like a corset.

Here's some more research material.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77-pNVbE0Uw

>Also, the artist does not seem to be very skilled. Yeah, this is the most likely case. Many artists don't even know how breasts deform when you lie down.
>>
>>44498996
>if being smooshed then they would be pressed up against the torso
It is not hard to have a top that smooshes boobs together, but not in towards the chest. Yes, this requires the top to be fitted and not particularly stretchy, but this seems to match the material presumably being depicted in op (probably linen, if I was going to overanalyze the historical roots of such a fantasy setting).

Try it with your own boobs sometime (or your SO's, or whatever's most convenient), using a washcloth made of non-elastic fibers. Draw the cloth around the front and along the sides of your breasts, then scoop upwards towards the shoulders. By bringing the ends together over your cleavage, you'll end up pressing your tits together in a side to side context, while actually elongating your tits in a front and back context. This is, of course, only a rough estimation of what is possible with a proper fitted garment designed to produce such an effect; and you would be required to remain stationary for the shot, so as to allow them to settle and not spoil the effect by being thrown all over the place due to momentum.

Thank you for you research material, even if the garment type is different from that seen in OP and thus does not apply directly to the current scenario AND weightlessness in air is very different from being underwater on Earth (gravity is not reduced or nullified in the ocean, water simply has a distributed pressure effect greater than that observed in air, as well as having a much greater viscosity than air does). I am poring over your material in great detail as we speak.
>>
>>44499107
>tfw no boobs to hand nearby
>>
>>44499107
>By bringing the ends together over your cleavage, you'll end up pressing your tits together in a side to side context, while actually elongating your tits in a front and back context.
This works, but I think if that were the case then the straps on the tops in op's image would have to dovetail closer to the neck, like it does for a halter. Although I guess a racerback might achieve the same effect.
>>
>>44499161
Male, or just petite?
>>44498996
I wish it were my job to pump out the fluid droplets and send them towards her body if you know what I mean.
>>
>>44498534
Unless you fetishes are swimming and fish, and possibly apshyxiation if you run out of air, I don't really see it.
I mean, sure, there's mermaids, but you don't have to include mermaids in an aquatic game (although if you do an underwater adventure in a fantasy setting, I'd expect some merfolk to show up since they're by far the most well know aquatic fantasy race), nor are they any more inherently fetishy than, say, elves (unless the fact that they have fishlike lower bodies makes them count as monstergirl fetish, but mermaids have been a thing long before monstergirls were a thing).
>>
>>44500176
>Breath Control
>Mermaids
>Anthro physiology
>Bestiality
>Tentacles
>Breathplay
>Vore
>Claustrophobia
>Fear (thalassophobia, claustrophobia, nyctophobia, aquaphobia, etc.)
>Slimes, Jellyfish, Sea Cucumbers, etc.
>Bondage (nets, hooks, chains, anchors, rigging, etc.)
>Body Transformation
>Raceplay
>Ageplay
>Naked Tits
>Tails
... and it goes on, really. Taken individually? Really nothing. All together though? Starts to be a hot spot of kinkiness.

You may laugh at my list, but I know more than one person that would be unable to sit up straight after merely being read this list aloud.

I mean, just google image search "mermaid". More than 90% of the first screen's results are explicitly fappable, and the remaining 10% are still pretty fappable. I say this as someone who doesn't really have any fetishes related to the sea.
>>
>>44500377
A lot of those aren't really specifc to underwater settings, though. You could apply most of that list to your average dungeoncrawl, doubly so if you set the game to the Underdark (but that'd be cheating because Drow are a thing).
>>
>>44500544
That's why I said that bit about not meaning much alone, but becoming significant together.

Basically things don't have to be unique to the setting, just likely to be present.
>>
>>44456317
Who the fuck is wearing field plate in the middle of the ocean, Anon?
>>
>>44501085
People with important enchantments on their field plate, who are going up against stabby creatures?
>>
File: Mermaid_Cove_Infobox.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mermaid_Cove_Infobox.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>44498777
I actually do use both, and usually I have colors, fins, etc be hereditary. The only constant I have with merfolk is single tail, 2 pelvic fins, webbed hands, finned ears and hair on their heads. Besides that they run the full gamut of shapes sizes and colors.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.