[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: fing.png (111 KB, 320x269) Image search: [Google]
fing.png
111 KB, 320x269
Does anyone know from where is it from? Is it a golbal thing? Since how much time it exists? Well basically I need any info about it
>>
>>44444802
It started in the military, as a way to pass time and fuck with each other.
>>
>>44444802
Is that the game where if you look through the circle and see your friend's dick it means your friend is gay? because it turned out 60% of my friends in high school were gay.
>>
>>44444802
It's widely "played" in Spain, that much I can tell.

It's a global thing for whatever god damn reason.
>>
File: 9WwyEqA.png (6 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
9WwyEqA.png
6 KB, 200x285
There are a lot of global things like that.
It is kinda weird and somewhat creepy.

Pic related. Another one of those things.

Another thing: when I was a kid and travelling by car (and was bored), I often imagined a guy running at high speed beside the car jumping over obstacles.
>>
>>44444802
Italy too. Bot it's not like this >>44445050, no dicks involved.
>>
>>44445402
>when I was a kid and travelling by car (and was bored), I often imagined a guy running at high speed beside the car jumping over obstacles.
Me too.

Why does this happen? Why would all these things be shared with most people?
>>
>>44445402
damn me too
>>
That's the game where you get punched if you look at the other guy's hand, right?

Because fuck that game.
>>
>>44445402
That's because we're only designed to view things at low speed (stable) unless it's a high speed animal. The fact that the scenery is going by so quickly tricks your brain into thinking that your eyes are tracking movement, so your brain imagines it.
>>
>>44445462
you can put a finger through the hole then you can punch the other guy twice
>>
>>44445516
Punching the other guy is what got me sent to nitwit schools for a good deal of my childhood.
>>
>>44445541
you just punch him on the shoulder you violent fuck.
>>
Everyone I knew as a kid learned it from that one episode of Malcolm in the Middle.
>>
File: 20151219_200736-1.jpg (3 MB, 1700x2941) Image search: [Google]
20151219_200736-1.jpg
3 MB, 1700x2941
>>44444802
Oh so you wanna play that game?

Got eeem
>>
>>44445606
I did. The crybaby and half a dozen of his little butt buddies not only said that I hit him out of nowhere, but that I had made the entire game up to cover my ass. And since it was my word against theirs, I got stuck in special needs schools until high school. I couldn't fight it, I was a dumb stupid little kid. My folks couldn't fight it, because we were too poor to sue, worrying about other issues, and it was basically my only option for an education.

So, yeah, seriously, fuck that game.
>>
>>44445472
ok, this explains the running man, what about the singing dragon?
>>
Can't you break it or something too?
Also, the call someone's name but don't look at them as they turn thing...
>>
>>44445749
Yeah if you shove your finger through it you can punch the guy twice
Also you have to have it below the waist or it doesn't count.
>>
>>44445749
you can break it by sticking your finger in
>>
>>44445472
Thats pretty cool.
>>
>>44445749
>Also, the call someone's name but don't look at them as they turn thing...
I think that is just being a general asswipe, not some weird global thing.
>>
>>44445435
And that is how sidescrollers were born.
I imagined it was a little sauropod instead.
>>
>>44445865
I imagined a cool skatebording dude that was doing mad flips off of railings and cars.
Man being in the back seat was great.
>>
>>44445402
Everyone goes "oh me too".

And I didn't. I didn't do that at all. I had a killer robot who jet-boosted on steel skis, chopping through other cars.
>>
>>44444802
I genuinely have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>44445402
I used to actually put my goddamn hand on the window, as in both fingers walking, and jump over the obstacles as they came.

... Good times.
>>
File: 1403453875967.png (478 KB, 871x850) Image search: [Google]
1403453875967.png
478 KB, 871x850
>>44445931
Me too, but it was a mech from battletech.
>>
>>44445707
>I couldn't fight it, I was a dumb stupid little kid.
>correct grammar
>correct spelling
>introspection

Sorry, this isn't adding up. What?
>>
>>44446035
This was well before I'd found out about battletech. So it was a soldier from an interversal empire that had a battleship larger than several trillion universes called the Death Reaper. It could destroy googleplex times googleplex universes with one shot of its cannons, and housed half the empire's people.

I was a nine year old into 40k, what do you expect.
>>
>>44446050
Children don't really have a say in where they go to school.
>Hey, I don't want to go to a retard school.
>HAHA too bad fucker! You're 6, you'll go wherever we decide to dump you!

Also, this shit is kinda coming from a dark place. Bad memories man.
>>
>>44446102
I dunno. I'd have fought the fuck out of it. I was (and still am) incredibly triggered by injustice.
>>
We call it muka in Boland.
>>
>>44445402
Huh.

I had a guy on a skateboard.
>>
>>44446160
When you're that age, you don't really realize what exactly is going on and the full implications of it. And when you finally do realize what's happening, it's usually too late to do anything about it.
>>
>>44446230
I meant the beginning bit, where the other kid set you up. I'd never have let that shit fly. Like I said, it's always been what rustles my jimmies well above all else.

But, regarding your point, I do remember being pleased as fuck I got sent to a special extra-curricula thing for literately challenged spec. eds kids 'cause it meant I finally got to spend more time with my friends. But that was only because I was really slow at writing (I have no idea why I suddenly became faster), so it was a kind of temporary thing.
>>
>>44445931

Well, I've had my jaguar consisting of pure light.

Top that.
>>
>>44448384
That's pretty cool. But I maintain my Death Reaper is the most sheer over-the-top WOWSOCOOL thing I've ever heard.
>>
I would use each tenth-of-a-mile marker and billboard as a horizontal springboard to pull myself forward.

Basically the whole car ride I was rocking back and forth pretending to leap 500 feet at a time.

I feel like it's been at least a year since we had a running man thread on /tg/.
>>
File: AcrobatMonkey-YSDS-EN-C-1E.png (611 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
AcrobatMonkey-YSDS-EN-C-1E.png
611 KB, 400x580
My running man was pic related. I would also imagine him grinding on guard rails and wall-running across billboards. I really liked JSR as a kid.
>>
>>44444802
for my friends in elementary school, no dicks were involved, and as far as i can tell, it didn't mean the viewer was gay, but that you got to punch them in the arm
kind of like punch buggy, in a way
>>
>>44448843
I spent a good deal of my childhood playing Tony Hawk, Tenchu and Star Wars Battlefront so I usually had the skateboarder, the ninja or one of the speeder bikes from Endor.
>>
>>44445050
>Is that the game where if you look through the circle and see your friend's dick it means your friend is gay?
Is this like penis inspection day?
>>
>>44445402
>Another thing: when I was a kid and travelling by car (and was bored), I often imagined a guy running at high speed beside the car jumping over obstacles.

I think there's a pretty simple explanation for this (for me at least): At the time, almost all the most popular video games were sidescrolling adventure shit just like that. I sat around playing Mario and Sonic all day, of course I was going to imagine the passing scenery as levels in a game like that (except my guy was called Cougar Man and had a cougar's head and a man's body, because I was a very creative child).
>>
Never heard of anything to do with that handsign thing. I think it might be because I went to an urban school and it might have been thought of as a gang sign by teachers.
>>
>>44445402

I waited for random scenery to line up and pulled the trigger as if they were sights that had just come into focus.
Made clicking noises in my throat each trigger pull.
That's kinda the same, right?
>>
>>44448384
>>44448421

Dragon of grey, brown, and green diving in and out of the earth and doing all kinds of aerobatic stunts. On a couple night trips I did it while half asleep and got it's roaring in sync with the thunder.
>>
>>44445912
>>44445865
>>44445435
I imagined the wheel monsters from Kirby.
>>
>>44445707
Oh god, i bet you're the biggest fedora
>>
>>44445402
>Another thing:[...]
I didn't do that, at all.
I instead counted telephone poles a couple times, but otherwise I just zoned out and enjoyed passively recognizing things in the scenery, and just the scenery itself as well.
>>
>>44445699
DELETE THIS
>>
File: oversizedfedora.jpg (140 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
oversizedfedora.jpg
140 KB, 620x400
>>44449996
>>
>>44445402
>when I was a kid and travelling by car (and was bored), I often imagined a guy running at high speed beside the car jumping over obstacles.
I figured it was an influence from Spiderman and the Jimmy Neutron movie. They both had something like that.

>>44449012
>children these days will never look out the window during a car trip
They have no excuse. Before smartphones were even a thing, I was staring at my gameboy about as much as I currently am at my phone, and I still looked outside during car trips.
>>
>>44450179
Why do models always look so perturbed?
It's like there's always some distressing thing happening off camera.
>>
>>44450359
constant nic-fits
>>
>>44445402

What the fuck was with this thing, anyway? Other kids acted like it was a big fucking secret thing. I learned how to draw it evenly, lost interest pretty fast, and everybody else moved on. What the fuck was it? Some band thing?
>>
>>44450359
She's being touched by a huge fedora, why wouldn't she be perturbed?
>>
>>44449633
>44449633

Fuck are you me.
>>
>>44444802
In my country it seems to be about punching in the shoulder for looking at hand, no gay shit implied.
>>
>>44450409
you're exceeding your clearance, citizen
>>
>>44450409
Nobody knows where it came from, all we know about it is that it's everywhere and that there's no known point of origin
>>
>>44449633
Too much Kirby Super Star, senpai.

It was the same for me
>>
>>44450409
>Other kids acted like it was a big fucking secret thing.

Because they also didn't know what it was, but were smarter than you and never admitted it.

I still don't have an answer.
>>
>>44450359
You constantly have to worry about how you look and move. Can't eat what you want and have to wear clothes that are probably rarely if ever actually wearable and make it look good, sexy even.
I'd be perturbed too.
>>
>>44450409
I think it was a fashion company's logo or something. that aside it's pretty easy to draw, you just need to do 6 vertical bars and connect them.
>>
>>44450619
>13 hours trips

How do americans deal with ass pain in trips that long? I was in a 10 hours long trip once and I wanted to kill myself
>>
File: Feels duplicated.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Feels duplicated.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>44450619
>I remember playing Pokemon in the back seat, waiting for a streetlight to pass in order to see what the fuck was going on and then press a button

This.

modern kids will never know this feel
>>
>>44450708

Given that I got motion sick attempting to read or play game, I got really good at learning how to sleep in a car. Did make a lot of trips feel shorter.
>>
>>44450708
It's not exclusively American thing, here in Eastern Europe travel also takes long, mostly because roads are shit and you can't drive very fast on them.
>>
>>44450708
Amerifat here, 13 hours is nothing. A cross country drive takes just short of a week.
>>
>>44445931
Mine was a giant metal barrier that had to be raised for cars to pass through.
>>
>>44450708
We do it in Europe too, faggot.

To the Ardeche and to the Alps for me.
>>44450727
Books nigger.
>>
>>44450830
I got really, really carsick. So it was just audiobooks for me.

Long car trips were not my thing.
>>
>>44450708
>complaining about 10 hour trips
I did a 17 hour one.
>>
>>44450994
I did (very) occasional 24 hour ones. We had an overnight break, obviously.
>>
>>44450708
You get out and stretch, walk around, shit like that every few hours, about each time you need to refuel
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.