[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampire - The Masquerade general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg (169 KB, 392x483) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg
169 KB, 392x483
So my regular group has decided to give vampire a go, I've never played it before so I thought I'd turn to you lovely lot so I don't make a fool out of myself. The setting is 14th century Romania and I've decided to go for Tremere because blood magic sounds fucking cool.Is there anything specifically I should be aware of? Anything to watch out for? Vampire general as well I guess.
>>
>starting a medieval campaign after the Salubri are already extinct
baka desu senpai
>>
>>44444046
I have no idea what the Salubri are.
>>
File: Salubri_V20.jpg (145 KB, 540x1188) Image search: [Google]
Salubri_V20.jpg
145 KB, 540x1188
>>44444539
The Healers and the Warriors.
Clan Salubri, descended from Saulot, universally seekers of Golconda.
Since their purge, they either walk with caution or with fury.
>>
>>44444539
They're creepy spiritualists with a third eye who were genocided by your Tremere boyz in 1100 or so.
>>
>>44445227
Glad to hear I'm joining a good lot. We're not embraced when we start the game though, so I get to play a dumb medieval dude.
>>
>>44445996
Guess I might as well say something semi-useful. 14th century means Clan Tremere has only existed for 200 years, which is very short by Vampire standards. They originated as Mages who used magic to make themselves immortal as vampires, which led a lot of the older Clans to regard them as upstarts and not real vampires at all. To secure legitimacy and power for the Clan, their founder Tremere sought out the sleeping body of Saulot, an immensely powerful vampire who founded the Salubri Clan. Tremere then consumed Saulot's blood and soul, usurping his powers.

After that, the Tremere started a smear campaign against the Salubri, accusing them of being demon worshippers and such while systematically murdering them all. The older clans did not like this much and considered the Tremere to be traitorous usurpers, but Salubri had always been a small and not particularly powerful clan, so the purge went on. By the 14th century, the Salubri are nearly extinct and realpolitik has started to kick in and force the other clans to acknowledge Tremere as legit, but it's pretty likely you're going to be hearing about this as it's "recent events" by vampire standards. Especially from older vampires who remember the Salubri themselves and do not believe your claims for a second.
>>
>>44445996
>>44446092
And as for the setting, the first vampire was the Biblical Cain. His progeny were second generation vampires, their childer were third generation, and so on. The closer a Vampire is to Cain, the more powerful they are. Saulot and the other clan founders are all 3rd generation vampires, commonly referred to as Antediluvians as they were alive before the Biblical deluge. These creatures are insanely powerful, basically demigods. To illustrate the type of Lovecraftian horror some of the Antediluvians have become, in one scenario the Lasombra founder manages to extinguish the sun and the Tzimisce founder tries to absorb all life into its own body. Thankfully, they and the other higher generation vampires spend most of their time sleeping the ages away. As a freshly embraced Neonate, your character will be of a low generation and of no significance in the grand scheme of things. You're just a worthless little pawn to be used by the Elders in their power politics with little you can do to oppose them; even a 7th generation Elder will squish all of you like bugs. So life sucks, you gotta do what you need to do to survive, and pray you don't piss anyone off who actually matters. It's especially shit because you're playing before the Anarch Revolt, so you're really going to be treated like a slave and have no other options.

Oh, and do not fight Werewolves if you ever encounter one.
>>
Hello, I'm going to be the ST of a game for 5 players (who are pretty inexperienced) starting next month. It's my first time being the ST, so I would appreciate some tips.

As for you OP, VtM it's not focused so much on combat (which doesn't mean there isn't any), as the characters themselves, how they deal with their new condition and their interactions. So that's something to consider.
>>
>>44448486
Yes I'd heard that! Figuring out the motivations of a (soon to be ex) forgotten third son of a minor noble should be interesting as I have no idea about 14th century romania but I figure I'll just wing it.

>>44446092
>>44446202
Thanks for the rundown! My character definitely won't know any of that but I love that there's that amount of lore and backstory so this should be an interesting ride!
>>
>>44442923
Why does every time I see a portrait of Vlad, I feel an intense urge to fight the Saracens?
>>
>>44450627
That's odd. The urge should be to fight the Turks.
>>
>>44452003
Should I see a medic? Or maybe a priest?
>>
>>44452047
You'll need surgery: a trepanning with a piece of The Holy Cross.
>>
>>44448712
Don't listen to >>44446202. A group of vamps can take a werewolf no problem.
>>
>>44452110
Not that I am calling you a fake, but I doubt you have a medical degree and/or are a ordained priest.
>>
>>44452172
Well, that depends on the number of players and the werewolf in question. Since they are going to play fledlings, I would tread with caution.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.