[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (109 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
109 KB, 1920x1080
A friend and I recently created a game type for magic. So far its extremely fun, we've named it "Luck of the Draw" It's based off of the card Worldfire. Our gamer-tags are TheLuckyPotato and Var Tris
>>
>>44438622
what
>>
File: IMG_1285.jpg (1002 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1285.jpg
1002 KB, 3264x2448
Rules:
-20, no repeats except for basic lands.
-Monocolored decks
-No instants
-Max handsize is 2 cards
-Players start at 1 life
-Players play best 2/3 with different decks each time
-Opponent chooses order of decks
-Must only take creature damage (attacking and abilities only)
>>
>>44438741
And yes I know my handwriting is shit
>>
First post is a little confusing, but the idea seems interesting
>>
>>44438840
>samefagging your own thread
>>
>>44438741
Really slow creature fighting where the opponent sets the deck? I'm skeptical of this being fun. I'm currently contemplating ways to break the format anyway.
>>
>>44438884
It's surprisingly fast considering you have a 20 card deck with a bunch of one drops
>>
>>44438741
>>44438622
>Only viable color is red
I don't get it
>>
Perfect. Red has exactly 10 one-drops with haste. Enjoy your poorly thought out experiment
>>
>>44438741
So, you play red, and run haste creatures? Goblin guide exists and will never be reprinted for a reason.
>>
>>44438741
>Opponent chooses order of decks
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I can just tuck all your lands on the bottom of your deck. And with a max hand size of two, it'll take forever to reach them.

Of course, my opponent will do the same to me. So we both just draw, discard, pass for like 15 turns. Yeah, that must be loads of fun.
>>
>>44442066
-Players play best 2/3 with different decks each time
-Opponent chooses order of decks

I think the OPs idea is that opponent chooses order of different decks.
Tho OPs idea is so bad I would not be suprised if you were right.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (117 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
117 KB, 223x311
>>44438622
So, what do I win?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.