[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
arena of the planeswalkers general!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 450x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 450x263
tried making a thread on /b/. didnt last long. basically i bought pic related and i have the expansion coming on the firt of the month. i also ordered some heroscape tiles. my family and girlfriend love it. what i want to know is is this game catching on? i read up on the discontinuation of heroscape and the rebranding and it seems like that will help. lets just talk about this wonderful game.
should i but a second base set?
do you play alot of this?
lets talk
>>
>>44438131
any former heroscape players who have an opinion on this? any cheap terrain places? this shits absurdly expensive
>>
>>44438218

Ebay and flea markets, pray you're lucky. Otherwise, buy some pieces, get some resin, start casting your own.

It's a fun game, but I figure it'll be dead by the end of 2016. WotC isn't really pushing it very hard.
>>
>>44438412
that sucks. if i could just get like one more expansion and maybe some official tile packs id be so happy. i just want decent replayability.
>>
>>44438472

Look into making terrain, etch in the hexes. It's what I do for bridges, special objectives, etc. Pick up a second base set if you want the extra squads for variability. Otherwise, look through your magic cards for creatures, grab some spare D&D minis as proxies, and make your own unit cards. Tweak nnumbers as you need.
>>
>>44438513
literally all i have in the way of this game is the base set. im as new to ALL of this as they get. im seriously considering getting a second base set though.
>>
>>44438513
so any links or anythig to look into making custom tiles and that? you meant i can like mold my own tiles right?
>>
>>44438559

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=30683

This is for resin casting existing tile pieces.

Search "Wargame terrain tutorials" to find out how to make stuff out of foam, etc. modify it to fit with a hex board.

I don't have anything to take pictures with, or I'd upload some of my customs like my bridge. The actual Heroscape Bridge is not at all worth the asking price.
>>
>>44438608
so one more question, whats general fair prices for hexes? i bought a 120 something assorted sizes for like 30 bucks. tthat was just a lucky deal it seemed. whats fair and whats just a ripoff?you have a rule pf thumb for that anon?
>>
>>44438659

Be careful, because on Ebay, 120 hexes doesn't mean 120 unique pieces. I don't really have a rule of thumb, but tend to watch for lots where you get 350-400 hexes for 50-60 dollars. That's still not as much as it sounds like (maybe 20-25 unique tiles), but should be enough to get you started. Remember, most figures are 4 tiles tall for line of sight purposes, so get used to making a bunch of small hills to block line of sight.

The fortress set, when you can find it, is also great to have. I picked up 3 over the years and we stage sieges on Helmsdeep.

Gideon best planeswalker, by the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x225
>>44438823
i bought two sets of pic related for 30.82 with shipping. it adds up to like 120ish hexes is 60 for the fortress fair? thats its listing on amazon
>>
>>44438823
i used gideon first but i felt like i had more fun with chandra. i look forward to ob nixilis though quite a bit. even if he is seemingly op as fuck
>>
>>44438907

With free shipping? Yes. My fortress sets serve duty as bridges, castles, towers, ruins, etc.
>>
>>44438932
is it alot of smaller like multipurpose pieces or is it pretty much exclusively for building typs of castles? like the towers look like stacked hexes sometimes but i also think it could be a single tall piece
>>
The door is one solid piece, each tower is a single freestanding unit that stands X tiles tall (I don't recall how many, but they're all the same height.).

You can attach tower pieces to one another vertically, or horizontally to form walls. The set comes with several cobblestone tiles you can repurpose as road pieces, or link strategically to make bridges.
>>
>>44439044
any rarity pieces i should keep an eye out for? hexes obstacles anythhing i can convert over to arena i mean
i dont plan on taking up heroscape itself. far too expensive for a guy in my position
>>
>>44439113

Not really. The cool stuff is freaking expensive, and you're better off casting your own (like the Lava tiles, the ice tiles, trees etc.). What you CAN do is apply some house rules to existing stuff you have. Sand tiles? Half movement. Water tiles? Push something in them along like a river. I've made a few custom tiles for special scenarios or just to add flavor, that's always an option, too.
>>
>>44439223
i read people use fake like aquarium plants and shit. it looks nice. what do i search for for those. i searched fake aquarium plants and figurine plants and a few others but nothing. it sounds like my cheapest "expansion"
>>
>>44439347
generally just small cheap shit i can repurpose into cool set pieces. not even cheap plants.
and i gotta say anon your a fuckin 10/10 bro for all of this help.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.