[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: gabe-steam-sale.jpg (606 KB, 1905x1036) Image search: [Google]
gabe-steam-sale.jpg
606 KB, 1905x1036
Steam Sale Thread

What are some /tg/ related games that one should try to get on Steam this sale?

I already got Civilization V (complete) and Red Orchestra, though they are just marginally related.
>>
No.
>>
You can get D&D: Chronicles of Mystara (Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara) for $5.
>>
Dawn of War, the community for the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod is still going strong.

Mount and Blade Warband is going for ridiculously cheap

Vermintide got a bit knocked off it's original price

Besiege was cheap to begin with, it's on sale too

The whole Total War Series has some serious price drops

Space Marine
>>
>>44434891
Banner Saga is like $5 right now.
>>
If you liked classic Baldur's Gate, check out Pillars of Eternity. It's hands down the best rpg to come out in a long ass time.
>>
>>44434891
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Eversion
Magrunner: Darkpulse
>>
>>44434919

It was probably all the nostalgia, but I really enjoyed this, it's a nice little pack. Not the best port ever, and the extra/special features are mildly entertaining at very best, but I was able to play it with some bros who had no idea what it was and had a smashing time.

>>44435033
I wish Vermintide had gotten a bigger discount, but it's not too expensive to begin with. Blood Bowl 2 is down to reasonable levels, if you're okay with the minor issues with it.
>>
>>44435066
I've had that for so long and never got into it. Is it worth playing?
>>
>>44435033

I keep waffling on Vermintide. Does it have a playerbase that will last a few years?
>>
>>44435155

Hard to say, it's pretty solid now so I would go in with good faith. L4D2 is still kicking strong with what I can only imagine is the most passing mod support at this point (and giving away copies left and right I guess), while most other similar games rely on DLC and constant support to maintain. I couldn't say what FatShark or whoever has planned, but I feel confident in it.
>>
>>44435155
No, it's already dropped massively.
>>
>>44435155

I'm enjoying Vermintide a lot, but I mostly play it within a small group of friends. We can't be fucked with pubbies.
>>
Any Warhammer game is good?

Or the Mordheim one?
>>
>>44437018

I generally hear that Mordheim is shit, but it could be that the AI has improved since release.
>>
>>44437018
GoG has Final Liberation, Shadow of the Horned Rat, and Chaos Gate available.
>>
I personally got Gothic Pack, Divinity Pack, Transistor, VtM:B and Grim Dawn. I'm quite satisfied with my purchases.
>>
>>44434891
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines carries over the aesthetic pretty well.
>>
>>44435033

Which Dawn of War? Seriously theres like a dozen of them
>>
Crusader Kings II is 75% off. Get your incest simulators while supplies last!
>>
>>44439230
fuck no
don't buy that DLC gouge-fest
Just pirate it over on /gsg/
Works fine, all DLC for less than $250.
>>
>>44439230
And on top of that, all but the latest expansion are 66% off.
>>
Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea both have Lovecraft vibes. Both are have fun while you lose games theoretically though DD is more crawl and management while SS is exploration and narrative.
>>
I just picked up E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy and have been enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>44439881
How is it? I always hear about but never played or saw someone playing.
>>
Looking for a game that makes me feel like a wizard commanding the powerful forces of the universe, any suggestions?
>>
File: 1426826512415.png (121 KB, 693x844) Image search: [Google]
1426826512415.png
121 KB, 693x844
>>44440189
It's really good.
Weird. But good.
>>
>>44440215
Age of Wonders 2 or 3.
>>
>>44440189
I don't think any explanation I provide could do it justice, but here's the review that prompted me to pick it up.

http://lonelymushroom.com/?p=2854
>>
Anyone here played talisman?

I've been thinking about picking it up, but the sheer amount of dlc it has is setting off some alarms for me.
>>
>>44440329

Kind of expensive for almost 30 bucks... but looks awfully interesting!
>>
>>44440308
I'm not sure why, but it gives me a headache when I play.
>>
>>44434891
Tabletop Simulator.
>>
Jotun looks pretty fucking good. 33% off.
>>
>>44440695
I remember being impressed by the Kickstarter but not having the money to back it at the time. I've already too much money into this particular sale, but if it gets included in the next one I'm definitely going to scoop it up.
>>
>>44440629
Age of Wonders 3 comes complete with waifu-maker minigame.

Pirate or buy only the base game, then decide whether you like it enough for the xpacks?
>>
>>44434891
the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War games are on sale dirt cheap if you like RTSs
>>
>>44434891

Divinity Enhanced Edition is pretty good. A marked improvement over Original Sin. The story is more cohesive and dramatic, and they added in more weapons to use.
>>
File: TheEye.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TheEye.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>44434891
If you like slower paced, lore-heavy games try Sunless Sea. Its full of Lovecraftian subjects and themes, yet is approached in a slightly humorous tone. I enjoyed it, try it if you feel like it.
>>
>>44440695
Looks interesting, I'm a sucker for viking chicks.
Heard 'get this' and 'don't get this' on /v/ though (the former being what made me take a look at the game in the first place) so I'm still on the fence.

Made out with Bf2, La Mulana, Just Cause 2 and Stalin Subway. Only played the first two so far, but no complaints.
>>
>>44440859
Already have it! A blast of a game!

>>44440332
Convinced me.

>>44440813
Waifu-maker minigame? Can I ask for more information on that?
>>
File: Jadis of Charn.jpg (166 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Jadis of Charn.jpg
166 KB, 1280x1024
>>44441113
You can customize a wizard, basically.
The things that matter are Race (Elf, dark elf, dwarf, goblin, orc, human) and class (warlord, archdruid, dreadnought, sorcerer, and... theocrat). Oh, and three spheres of magic.
Then, pointless but cosmetic, you can choose gender and clothing (to some degree) and customize it like that.

Here's an example. Don't say I never do anything for you, Anon. Frostling and Necromancer are from the second xpack.
>>
Hey guys, does anyone know any games that will give me a similar feel to Catherine/Persona 3/Persona 4? Basically relatively ordinary man in an extraordinary situation, simulation of every day activity (present in persona, lets you make choice each day), urban, modern day, etc.

I would really like help on this.
>>
>>44440885
I was thinking of this in November but totally forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me.
>>
Tabletop Simulator, yay or nay?
>>
>>44441152
It will totally enter the wishlist, and I will try to pick it up.

You totally sold it for me, anon. And thanks for the attention.
>>
Don't buy Banner Saga if you are running Linux. Store page says it's compatible, but it runs on 5 fps.
>>
>>44440885
Big Fallen London fan here. SUNLESS SEA if just wonderful. I put over 50 hogged into it in two weeks.
>>
File: header.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
>>44435088
>Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
I always see talking about that one like the best cthulhu game, but what about Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened?
It's a great game, even with the strange combination of characters.

All Sherlock Holmes games from Frogware are good, except Mystery of the Mummy and Persian Carpet.
>>
File: 1451338296735.png (2 MB, 2852x2720) Image search: [Google]
1451338296735.png
2 MB, 2852x2720
>>44441216
I have no idea... but I was led to believe it had similar devs.

I really enjoyed Dark Corners though. Even with all the getting stuck randomly and shit.
>>
>>44441177
Yay. The community mods alone make it worth 50 bucks easily. Playing 40k on it, MTG, blackjack, monopoly, etc I've put in over 300 hours in less than 3 months.
>>
>>44441177
I've heard very worth.

Is there a mod for Sentinels of the Multiverse on it?
>>
>>44434891
will give sexual favors in exchange for Dawn of War: Winter Assault
I have soulstorm but CANT FUCKING PLAY AS ANYTHING BUT DELDAR OR SOB

FUCK

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198127783564
>>
File: glh1.gif (205 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
glh1.gif
205 KB, 640x480
>>44441189
You got me nostalgic and now you can't shut me up. You brought this on yourself.

Age of Wonders 1 is amazing.
It's huge. It's poorly balanced (high level heroes can be utterly indestructible). But it's fucking awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5gpsfLCnJU
It also has a branching campaign (8 possible endings, I think?) 7/8 are the most depressing things imaginable. 1 is happily ever after. Mad props for actually bringing down the hammer when you fuck up everything for everyone ever.

Age of Wonders II Wizard's Throne/Shadow Magic is significantly different. In I, your leader was a normal hero with a little crown over his icon; if he died, you lose (but he can level up into something pretty much unstoppable). In 2, your hero is a wizard; park them in a wizard's tower and never move them so they can be your magical air support.
Combat system is discernably like AoW3's. I was annoyed that they made units capable of using regular attacks on walls; in #1, walls could *only* be breached by units with wallcrushing or siege engines. A random horseman couldn't capture a watchtower even if the watch tower was undefended, because it couldn't get through the walls.

#3 gives you customization via the aforementions waifu/husbando maker minigame. Your available units are based on race (orcs are strong for bonus melee damage, elves are good archers and magic resistant, etc) and class. (sorcerers get support casters, summoned units, buffs. Dreadnoughts get steampunk gubbinz and musketeers and so on. Etc.) You want to play a goblin theocrat? Bam, little goblins with angel-wings. You want to play an elven dreadnought? Bam, elven musketeers and landships. Human warlord? Yeah, baby.
>>
>>44434891
X-COM: UFO Defense.
>>
File: 1451344125253.jpg (677 KB, 1000x2272) Image search: [Google]
1451344125253.jpg
677 KB, 1000x2272
>>44441338
Oh shit son, found the image I saw this morning.
>>
>>44441267
How do I get my homebrew board game onto it so people can playtest it?
>>
>>44441338
Don't do that with me anon, my heart can't take this kind of hype.

Neither my wallet.
>>
File: glh2.gif (188 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
glh2.gif
188 KB, 640x480
>>44441449
>>
>>44440558
I did, it was in a bundle a while ago and the DLCs are on the cheap.
It's talisman.It's basically a glorified snakes and ladders, the cards and stuff are pretty but it's repetitive. I mostly play it when I have some time to kill instead of a solitaire or whatever.
>>
>>44441338
Man, Age of Wonders 1 was DA BOMB.
I must have spent hundreds of hours on that.
2 was cool, 3 I have in library but never played. But 1 was just perfect.
>>
>>44441515
3 is crap.
>>
>>44434891
Just came to this board for the first time, why the fuck is a Steam Sale thread on fucking /tg/?
>>
>>44441607
Lurk more.

Seriously, what happened 4chan? This used to be the cardinal rule.
>>
>>44441607
Because some games are, and always have been, /tg/.
>>
>>44441624
The only games like that I can think of are PC trading card games (MTG Online, Hearthstone, Solforge, etc.) and I don't see you talking about them.
>>
>>44435119

It's great if you like squad-based tactics. The lore of the game is amazing, too.
>>
>>44441607
Because traditional gamers usually plays videogames too, and there is a big list of /tg/ approved videosgames and games that call the attention of people with similar tastes, namely, traditional gamers.

And we are a thousand times better than /v/ discussing vydia, so there is that too.
>>
>>44439215
Soulstorm if you want to play the mod only.

Dark Crusade for the best campaign.

Dawn of War and Winter Assault only to unlock the respective factions in vanilla multiplayer.
>>
>>44435119
It's a post-apocalyptic TRPG about refugees trying to migrate into Southern Europe in order to escape refugees from Northern Scandinavia fighting on grid-based battlefields done in a Disney art style.
>>
>>44441642

Yes, because we absolutely never talked about:
>Dwarf Fortress
>Total War series
>X-Com series
>Age of Wonders
>Alpha Centauri
>Might and Magic series
>Baldur's Gate
>Neverwinter Night
>Dawn of War series
>etc.

Like >>44441617 said, lurk more.
>>
>>44441642
There are plenty of /tg/ related games mentioned in this thread, which you would know if you had read it.
>>
>>44441689
>no Age of Decadence
Shit taste.
>>
>>44441689

God, we need to talk more about Might and Magic. Not the generic fantasy shit that Ubisoft is crapping out, but the good ol' days of Enroth.

M&M6 is the reason I will never be mad about the whole "fantasy setting is actually post-apocalyptic sci-fi" setting convention.
>>
>>44441714
That was a list of things i remember we talked about recently, not the one I like.
>>
File: Keen.jpg (85 KB, 334x646) Image search: [Google]
Keen.jpg
85 KB, 334x646
Posting Commander Keen for the newfags. Educate yourselves.

>>44441729
Oh man oh man oh man. I had VI and VIII... great games. VIII was a bit different but I loved the way they did non-standard PC races/classes.
>>
>>44441769
I am a furfag and I love Commander Keen, where's your god now.
>>
File: df1-5213177.jpg (283 KB, 1178x1600) Image search: [Google]
df1-5213177.jpg
283 KB, 1178x1600
>>44441729
I would like to talked about my personal favourite, Daggerfall.

I remember spending days when i was little.
I still play it some time to time.
Remember going in a dungeon and take days to finish it? I love that game.

Now everyone knows about the Elder Scroll series thanks to Skyrim.
My little cousin ask me if they'll ever Skyrim 2.

I'm now serving 21 years in jail for murdering a minor.
>>
>>44435088
>Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Nobody's ever going to fix that fucking clock bug.
>>
>>44441781
What clock bug? I played DCotE (pirated version, no Steam) and I had no bugs at all.
>>
>>44441776
Are you going to bitch about vidya on /tg/? because if not I have no problem with you.
>>
>>44441689
>>Baldur's Gate
It was alright, but Icewind Dale was more fun to play.
>>
File: US_Fuhrpark.jpg (593 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
US_Fuhrpark.jpg
593 KB, 1440x900
If you hang out in the flames of war general CoH franchise is on sale. Grab the first and both DLC and install the Blitzkrieg mod.
>>
>>44441803
I had the ship bug.
The one where you could never go past the ship section, no matter what you do.
I had to download a save to continue.
>>
>>44441778

As someone with very fond memories of Fallout 1 & 2, I feel your pain. Fallout: NV was a good homage to what came before, especially 2, but 4 is just Skyrim, Minecraft, and Mass Effect thrown in a blender and garnished with radiation.
>>
>>44441803
It loses all your saves when you exit the game if your computer clock isn't set to 24-hour time (at least on XP, I haven't played it recently enough to know if it happens on anything newer).

The problem is that the Xbox used 24hr time, so the game gets confused when it asks the computer for the time and gets 8 pm.
>>
Reminder to buy the best RPG of 2015 while it's on sale.
>>
>>44441825
>It loses all your saves when you exit the game if your computer clock isn't set to 24-hour time
Are you sure that's a bug? Sounds like a quality feature to me. People who don't use 24-hour time are the worst.
>>
>>44441778
Easily the finest Elder Scrolls game.
>>
>>44441841
Tomorrowind was better to be desu.
>>
>>44441817
Doesn't that go away if you delete the save file and start all over?

I was a massive chicken and never managed to get past the warehouse, after escaping from the hotel
The game actually expecting you to bolt the doors behind you threw me the first time I played that bit
>>
>>44435072
Can anyone confirm this? I've had it on my wishlist for a very long time.
>>
>>44441857
He's right, if you liked Baldur's Gate with it's shit writing and pretty boring gameplay then you're going to love Pillars of Eternity with it's A+ writing and pretty boring gameplay.

The only bad things about PoE are:
>"balanced" character / stat system that is completely pants on head retarded if you use common sense to make your character
>unavoidable trash mob combat that rewards you no XP
if it wasn't for these two, it would be as good as Baldur's Gate 2.
>>
>>44441857
I enjoyed it a hell of a lot, but still never got round to finishing it. Not the game's fault, I just never found the time.

Very nice classes - made the classes feel very different without having too many different subsystems.
>>
>>44441857
I can confirm it, so hard. The story can be a little hard to get into at the beginning, and some NPCs have had more dev time invested in them as opposed to others.

What I feel is PoE's greatest strength is that its stat system allows you to basically make any kind of character and not feel gimped. In fact, some supposedly bad builds, like High-INT Barbarian, are actually more effective, since Barbarians do a lot of AoE damage and INT helps deteremine just how big an AoE can be.
>>
>>44441875
>I enjoyed it a hell of a lot, but still never got round to finishing it
Same here actually.

I finished the first Act about 7 times, the second Act only once and the third only with cheating to jump to the end.

And I agree that the classes are nice / feel different but the attributes are just...

seriously, this is probably going to remain the only game in history where Barbarians main stat is Intellect and where "tank" characters' Might is a dump stat.
>>
>>44434891
No love for Renowned Explorers: International Society? It's quite good.
>>
>>44441902
That's what makes it awesome, I think. But yeah, if you get PoE, prepare yourself for a lot of reading, and figuring out what something might mean from context. Obsidian won't take your intelligence for granted, and neither should you.
>>
>>44441857
I was a KS backer and I'll give you my impressions.

It's boring. Like, really boring. Sure, the worldbuilding is interesting and the central mystery is kind of compelling, but I haven't been able to get past the second or third main story quest because I just get so bored. All I've done was get out of the first town, keep that lord in his castle and kill his treacherous usurper, and defeat the Skane cult in that one village. My last save is me inside that big library in the main city. Also, I think I already understand the main mystery. The gods aren't really gods, right? Just fragments of souls or something? And the thing about the soulless children ties back to the pillars and the god-bomb disrupting the natural cycle of soul rebirth?

I think the problem is threefold. First, the main game lacks humor. It's very serious, and there really isn't a lot of life to the areas that have been built in the game. Like, there aren't really tableaus of village life or people in their houses doing normal things, just a lot of NPCs standing around for pickpocketing or buying stuff.

Second, the ideas that make PoE unique aren't well-expressed and don't really add to the mystique of the setting, It looks like any bog-standard fantasy RPG. The soul binding and the power of words or song don't really get expressed in anything other than combat gear and abilities. It just feels like a knock-off of Baldurs Gate II, with the exception of the really ancient ruins and the titular pillars, but those are rare.

Third, there's no real relationships in the game. Your party don't interact enough for players to develop a sense of who they are and how they stand in relation to each other. The only reason for picking someone to go with you is because they have useful abilities and not because they have relevant knowledge or that they'll interact in an interesting way with NPCs or other party members. PoE feels like a lonely single-player game.
>>
So, how different would you find KOTOR and KOTOR II, /tg/? what are their pro and cons of them?

i've spotted them in the sale and was thinking of getting either
>>
>>44439215
Dark Crusade is the best one if you're only going to get a single one. I recommend playing Chaos; Eliphas the Inheritor is the most suave, well-spoken and charismatic Chaos Lord I've ever seen.
>>
>>44441714
Just found that thing yesterday. How is it?
Also, I'm getting very high recommendations for Underrail. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>44441818
Mass Effect? How so?
>>
>>44442012

Mostly in the conversations and romancing department. And even then, they don't do a good job ripping off Bioware - at least in those games, there's frequent homosexual options, whereas in Fallout 4 there's only heterosexual ones.
>>
>>44442034
Oh yeah. Agreed.

I thought you meant something more specific to just Mass Effect.
>>
>>44442006
Couldn't tell you, as I haven't played it since an early Alpha. Also, I strongly Reccomend NEO Scavenger for anyone into post-apoc. Its a simple elegant game that really gets the feel down perfect.
>>
>>44441979
KotOR II is far superior if you get the Restored Content mod to restore the stuff the devs weren't able to ship due to Lucas Arts forcing them to release before Christmas. It's a bit of a deconstruction of the Star Wars universe, questioning the simplistic moral assumptions that lie at its foundation. For example, you run into quite a few people who consider Jedi to be dangerous religious fanatics who keep setting the galaxy on fire with their stupid schismatic wars. It has some really excellent characters and an interesting plot. Darker than KotOR 1, with far superior writing. I can still cite some lines from that game from memory.

However, the plot doesn't really make any sense if you haven't played its more lighthearted heroic fantasy prequel about saving the galaxy, as it constantly refers to characters and events from that game. While I'd say it's worse than its sequel, KotOR 1 is still a good game. It executes what it set out to do very competently, but it's kind of bland good-vs-evil stuff.

Just buy both, I'd say.
>>
>>44442034
You can fuck everyone at the same time in F4.
>>
>>44442057
>For example, you run into quite a few people who consider Jedi to be dangerous religious fanatics who keep setting the galaxy on fire with their stupid schismatic wars.

i.e anyone with half a brain.
>>
Where's my Dominions bros at?
>>
>>44442070

Because Bethesda cannot into waifus, clearly.
>>
>>44442113

If I could into it, I probably would. I've tried Domnions 3, but it was like trying to read ancient Egyptian algebra.
>>
Is Sunless Sea good? I tried Fallen London but it didn't really draw me in, maybe it's because of the timed tokens thing, I enjoyed the setting.
>>
>>44441407
This is literally the first game I've ever seen have the number of things escalate as the series goes on. I suddenly appreciate AoW so much more now.
>>
>>44442135
I fucking hate Sunless Sea.

It does so many things right, there is an excellent game just in front of you the whole time you're playing.

But the boat sailing. Jesus shit the boat sailing is so god-damn slow there'll be moments you want to tear your teeth out.

You know how in some RPG's there's a cinematic section where your character can only walk?
Remember when it goes on too long or if you're done that section before it really starts to irritate?

Imagine playing an entire game like that.

It's like sitting down to eat a delicious meal and being forced to chew 100 times between every bite.

Fuck Sunless Sea.
>>
>>44442204
If you're that impatient, just mod the files so you move faster. It ain't hard.
>>
>>44442217
Dude my complaint is that I don't have enough time to accomplish anything meaningful in the game in single sittings.

How long is modding the files gonna take?
>>
>>44440661
It's part of the immersion
>>
Wait, so if I absolutely loved Obsidian's writing for FO:NV particularly things like Mr. New Vegas and all of the DLCs except Honest Hearts, would I like Pillars of Eternity? An anon above just said it's very humorless and the party members are bland and that worries me. If those are true, it seems like a huge step down from FO:NV.
>>
>>44442278
Editing .json text files is one of the easiest things in the world. It should take you less than half a minute if you download a .json editor and just want to change the ship speed.
>>
File: 220px-Reddit_logo.svg[1].png (6 KB, 220x73) Image search: [Google]
220px-Reddit_logo.svg[1].png
6 KB, 220x73
>>44441778
>My little cousin ask me if they'll ever Skyrim 2.
>I'm now serving 21 years in jail for murdering a minor.
Epic joke friend. I too am a true fan of the elder scrolls :D
>>
Where are my Tabletop Simulator bros? I need more people to play boardgames with
>>
>>44442419
>shitposting this hard
>implying you're not the biggest Redditor in this thread
>>
>>44442300
It is a step down. Imagine all the grime and general feel of hopelessness that was in KOTOR 2 and then take out the fun stuff and humor.
>>
File: screen.png (214 KB, 621x801) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
214 KB, 621x801
Are these games good? I'll probably pirate some until they get a better discount but I want to get a feel for what's worth it.
>>
File: 3623452345.png (433 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
3623452345.png
433 KB, 600x592
Seconding Darkest Dungeon. God do I love this game.

>Get new Abomination character to level 6, deck him out in trinkets
>Full level 6 party doing great
>Come across group of four bandits
>Manage to miss or they dodge all of my attacks for 6 rounds straight
>They're critting me every round
>Occultist rolls a total of 9 on heals across the rounds, stacking bleeds on my party
>Arbalest dies
>Gerald the glorious Abom dies with all his trinkets
>Bounty hunter dies
>I am now left with a batshit crazy Occultist who I've never bothered de-stressing, he just sits in town and raves like a madman
>He is an example for the others of what's to come
>>
>>44442569
Only one I've played out of that is Hard West, and it was damn enjoyable.
>>
File: Krieg_Officer.jpg (301 KB, 717x1359) Image search: [Google]
Krieg_Officer.jpg
301 KB, 717x1359
>Finally get into playing Verdun during this sale
>End up playing Truppfuhrer of the Strosstruppen after a few rounds
>Every time I call in a gas shell someone on the other side ends up crying out how bullshit it is
>Catch them where I get half their team stuck in the gas cloud while leading an advancing charge up, using the haze as cover
>MFW
>>
>>44442637
Honestly, I've had it in my wishlist for ages, but everytime I read something about DD here, I'm bothered about how much the game is still in flux. I don't know if that's true or just an impression I get from second-hand accounts, but the whole early access thing is really not for me.
>>
>>44442529
you don't need to be from reddit to be capable of extreme shitposting
>>
>>44442735
Just get it, they go full release in less than a month
>>
>>44442006
Yeah, it's like an early FO game. It's good.
>>
>>44440859
>>44434891
def get divinity: original sin enchanced
>>
>>44442749
No, but Reddit is shitposting central. I thought people were kidding, but when I made an account, I saw it. Reddit is shit.
>>
>>44442735
Keep in mind that I'm a bit biased, but it doesn't really feel like an early access game to me. Yeah, the last dungeon is still locked up, but you'll be spending so much time in the other four that I don't think you'll notice it.

Let me put it to you this way, I've got 48 hours into it and I haven't beaten all of the available bosses yet. While that may be indicative that I absolutely suck at the game (I do), it should also tell you how much replayability you can get out of it. The game oozes character as well, with a lot of distinct classes with different abilities and personalities.

Also, the narrator's voice is fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Yb9pAMzgU&hd=1
>>
>>44442006
Underrail is great. I played almost 30 hours in about four days, it's very atmospheric.
>>
File: 1451313773098.gif (54 KB, 284x353) Image search: [Google]
1451313773098.gif
54 KB, 284x353
Undertale if you haven't already and it isn't spoiled for you.
Viscera Cleanup Detail for post-mortem NPC development and environmental considerations (do you ever talk about spilled brass, bullet holes, the viscera? Or is it just "signs of a firefight"?)
And Stick of truth for good-natured ribbing.
>>
>>44442915
Is Viscera Cleanup Detail actually a fully functional and fun game? Because to me it always seemed like an overpriced injoke.
>>
>>44442804
Why the top reviews on the Steam page "not recommended" though? I know it's not a universal sign but usually "okay" to "good" games rarely have this much "not recommended", or the game would have fans in whatever niche and still get recommendations.
>>
>>44442992
It's like Minecraft for the OCD in me. Soothing Zen exercises in restoring peace to a tainted environment. Get a biohazard container, carry it over to the corpse, pick up the dismembered limbs and drop them in the container, get a bucket of water, mop up the gore, leave everything cleaner than you found it.

The fact you can call a map "finished" at any point and get a score based on your performance is also oddly satisfying.
>>
>>44443092
I've heard it's surprisingly fun with a couple of friends along for the ride.
>>
>>44443034
Casual Filtering.
>>
Any good TBS with base management on sale? Please don't say XCOM.
>>
>>44442569
Lords of Xulima: Decent, but don't expect much.

Legends of Eisenwald: Good, resembles the better games made by Russian gaming industry back when Russia had a gaming industry. Also, armor porn. Lots and lots of armor porn. Low budget sure didn't make it any favors, though.

Dex: could've been good but the animations are subpar, literally programmer art bad. Buy only if you need your cyberpunk fix, because even if you ignore the animations, rest isn't particularly inspired either.

Satellite Reign: Artstyle is pretty great and well-executed, especially for a game made with Unity on a lunch money budget, but gameplay get repetitive real fast and it drags on like you wouldn't believe.

Serpent in Staglands: Tries to be Darklands and fails. Hope you like drawing your own maps, because there's no ingame map whatsoever.

Age of Decadence: good, but do yourself a favor and read the community guides before playing. Or buying.
>>
>>44443160
I haven't done multiplayer get, but considering how much damage you can do in the single player, I imagine it would be a blast with friends.
>>
Mordheim is pretty damn good, and it's got a surprising amount of polish considering how cheap it is
>>
>>44443034

It was a fun game until recently devs decided that everyone was not suffering enough, so they have been on a roll lately of adding new mechanics specifically to fuck you over like heart attacks, extra penalties, and so on.

Bare bones the game is fine, but the MASTERFUL DESIGN mentality they have right now is causing them to ruin the game piece by piece in the name of making it harder. Be prepared to have to slog through the game now because 6 months ago the people who played it figured out how fight smart.

Now, the game punishes you for fighting smart and wants to make sure that the people who use the optimized party setups that "everyone" knows about are just as likely to fail as everyone else. Which means that if you are new to the game and you dont already know all of the exploits that the game assumes you do, you are going to get fucked sideways as you are punished for the sins of previous gamers.

But its okay, because some of the bad things you can turn off in the options menu! Not that you will know that you can do that, because you are new and can't tell the difference between the stuff that has been tacked on just to fuck you and the actual game.
>>
File: 1421777729111.jpg (48 KB, 410x591) Image search: [Google]
1421777729111.jpg
48 KB, 410x591
>>44443034
Hrm. Reading through that guy's (extremely detailed) list of complaints, he's not entirely incorrect in that there have been some odd choices made in the development lately. Hell, I don't use the corpses addition myself, as it seems implemented for no reason other than to be infuriating.

The game is far from perfect - he's right about trinket issues and the like - but that guy's review comes across as needlessly bitter. And honestly, for the price and content, I can deal with a bit of imperfection. If you're still curious, maybe check out some youtube vids of current gameplay, and see if it is still interesting to you.
>>
>>44442735
Listen to >>44442804
DD is at the point where if they all died tomorrow and no one finished it, it's still worth the price and a helluva lot of fun. The only real flux has been some balance stuff that they did (the biggest was making the corpses stay until you destroy them) which butthurt a lot of people because it does make the game more difficult (not necessarily in terms of fairness, but more in terms of having to think more about your party makeup and how they attack).

I can't recommend this game hard enough for people who like a challenging dungeon crawly game. Also in love with the crowquill art style and the narrator as well.

This isn't one of those 3D survival early accesses that's a buggy mess and too ambitious. It's tightly focused, almost complete, and hella fun.
>>
Should I bother getting Elder Scroll online game?

Is ESO Imperial Edition worth enough to buy?
>>
>>44442735
Prepare to grind a lot. And use the retreat button, because rng WILL screw you over.
>>
So what are some good space 4X games on sale, these days?
>>
>>44443484
Endless Space is pretty cool. Don't know if it's on sale, though, and with a sequel in the works you might be better off waiting.
>>
>>44443484
If you want a light 4X game, you could try out Sins of a Solar Empire. It's more combat oriented than most, but still very enjoyable.

Plus you can mod the shit out of it to suit your taste.
>>
>>44443484
Endless Space or Endless Legend
>>
>>44443389
No
>>
>>44443220
Xenonauts
>>
Europa Universalis 4 and Crusader Kings 2 are both worth it.
>>
>>44441931
I hated it and I regret being a backer.

Anybody would like to buy the limited edition from me?
>>
>>44441904
Seconding this. It's an excellent rogue-lite based around the theme of exploration, like FTL in some ways. It's got a creative tactical element, where-by you can change the mood of the encounter to your advantage. I say encounter because you don't actually have to fight anyone; you can beat people by breaking their will to fight or befriending them. It's got a lot of charm as well, with each of the playable characters being unique and colorful. Even the events and encounters can be fun, like making Dracula cry. Seriously, check it out.
>>
Heroes of Normandie, yay or nay?
>>
>>44443990
Isn't that a small scale tabletop wargame? I didn't realize there was a vidya version as well.
>>
>>44444004
Yes, methinks, not sure how similar they are though
>>
>>44441921
It's cute that they're trying to do something different but it's inconsistent in the game itself. So they say that Might is "both physical and spiritual!" so that's why it improves damage overall, whether it's magical or physical.

But on the other hand, you need 16 Might to break down a wall. Purely physical strength. You're not breaking it down with spells, the description still says you're pushing against it if you're a Wizard or something like that.

And on the other hand, you can have 3 Might and wear the heaviest armor with no problems whatsoever.

>>44441931
>It's boring. Like, really boring
This, so much. You actually need to play the game with cheats enabled just so you can use some quality of life cheats (i.e. to skip trash mobs of human enemies who give you nothing, or simply to jump across the map so you don't have to wait for your party to run there, etc.).

>First, the main game lacks humor.
Yeah, and we've got the cancer that killed Obsidian, J.E. Sawyer to thank for that. He's literally become a meme on RPGCodex, as the "NO FUN ALLOWED, grognards"-man. However, they did manage to sneak a little bit of humor past Sawyer - i.e. the tranny backer joke, Durance (written by MCA-sama), some light jokes with the handsome Eder, Aloth, maybe a bit with other companions too.

>It looks like any bog-standard fantasy RPG
Pretty sure this is the result of Obsidian trying to fellate their backers too much. They probably realized that most of them wanted just Baldur's Gate, but not Baldur's Gate 2 since that probably has stuff in it that would offend the Kool-Aid Krew (the ones who had the tranny joke removed too). Obsidian always has to start 'their series' with some boring-ass shit, just like what NWN2 was (unbearable vanilla garbage) to Mask of the Betrayer (best RPG released between 2005 and 2010).

{{ I waited 8 hours to make this post. }}
>>
>>44443518
I recommend getting Rebellion and DLCs, though.

And this is coming from a Trinity player.
>>
>>44444144
Oh, yeah, for sure, you need the newest one. Always forget to mention Rebellion whenever I name it.
>>
>>44440215
Master of Magic
Dominions 4 (You're a wannabe God who could be plenty of stuff even a wizard)
Age of Wonders
>>
>>44442129
Yeah. It's pretty overwhelming , but I'm slowly getting into it. Very worth it due to amount of creatures, devastating spells and all sorts of stuff. Makes my inner autist weep of joy.
>>
>>44440686
How does it compare to Roll20?
>>
>>44441979
KotOR is literally unplayable garbage after you play KotOR II. Even if you can live through the inhuman torture that is KotOR's terrible writing / story / characters, it's just so damn hard to go back to KotOR's inferior gameplay / user interface and stuff.
>>
Is Horse Lords DLC for CK2 worth picking up if you're not playing a nomad dynasty? Feature list looks kinda bare at first glance and Schlomadox haven't put it on sale with the rest of the holiday discounts even though it had been two months ago.
>>
>>44444328
Also forgot Master of Monsters for the Genesis. Hugely underrated game, with a somewhat shitty translation, which thankfully doesn't ruin it. Basically the game is a bunch of wizards summoning monsters and fighting each other. Seems simple at first glance, but is actually surprisingly complicated once you get into it.
>>
>>44443630
>Anybody would like to buy the limited edition from me?

>I hated it and I regret being a backer.

This is not how selling things works, anon.
>>
>>44444779
I'm not a jew.
>>
Pillars of Eternity's character system just triggers me really hard. I hate it when building a successful character involves setting things up in a really unintuitive way, or when massive dumpstats are legitimized as part of character building.

It's a shame because I really like some of the classes, like Cipher.
>>
>>44444869
It's not like Jews have inbuilt racial bonuses to salesmanship. I was in downtown NYC and there were some Orthodox tabling for some charity. They were fucking awful at it. Their opening line was, I shit you not, "Excuse me are you Jewish." I guess it's because it was for a religious charity, but if I'm Jewish and your opening line turns me away, you're not very good at sales.
>>
>>44443518
Sins is great fun. Jumping vasari starbases is one of my favorite things.
>>
>>44444970
>Pillars of Eternity's character system just triggers me really hard. I hate it when building a successful character involves setting things up in a really unintuitive way, or when massive dumpstats are legitimized as part of character building.
This, so much.

It's just fucking retarded that the best Wizards in this universe are professional bodybuilders and people wearing 50 pound metal armor can have the physical strength of Stephen Hawking and still walk in it just fine.
>>
>>44435155
I dont think so but the game is really fun I like it.
>>
>>44445026
That's something a jew would say.
>>
>>44444570
What? I can give you interface and gameplay enhancements but kotor's story and presentation are pretty solid. And if you can drag yourself through fucking peragus you can make it through taris ezpz. And kotor1 doesnt have g0t0. To me kotor1 biggest failing as far as replayability goes is that all the loot is static.

Domions 4 is on sale. Age of wonders 3 is fun as hell. Which is good since homm is functionally dead
>>
>>44441987
I don't know, IG in Soulstorm and all of the Baneblades makes for a pretty funny comedy of errors.
>>
>>44445170
>Homm is functionally dead
>mfw Ubisoft just stubbornly refuses to make a new III and just shits out watered down Vs to try and get as much money as possible
>that shitty HD remake of III
>so desperate I'll take even a new IV
Being a Homm fan is suffering.
>>
>>44445330
I convinced myself to like IV.
>>
>>44445390
IV isn't bad, just rushed as fuck. I enjoyed it a lot, despite its flaws. Especially the campaigns.
>>
>>44434891
man I want DQ Heroes so fucking bad but it ain't worth 60 dollars.
>>
Anything good for someone waiting for XCOM 2 to come out that has lots and lots of interesting/meaningful research and is under $15?

I'm not a huge fan of 4x, but they can be fun...
>>
Thinking of taking the dive into Dark Souls. Should I get 1, 2 or both?
>>
>>44441407
how is this possible? do they count different combinations of race/units as different units?
>>
>>44445527
Both. 1 is better, but 2 is still enjoyable.
>>
>>44441850
>>44441817
It's a graphical issue, I think. Lights exist, but don't render or something.
I downloaded a patch that removed the lights requirement; just survive for three waves and it assumes you succeeded.

Never encountered a clock bug. Only other issue was jumping onto the gondola in the refinery, and the speed-related-to-resolution for the final escape sequence.
>>
File: 1419707490093.jpg (22 KB, 469x219) Image search: [Google]
1419707490093.jpg
22 KB, 469x219
>>44441921
The main thing about PoE is that a lot of RPGs manage to hype you up for the story, even if you know you'll be disappointed in the end. PoE can't even do that. It's boring, flat, and monotone - like everyone on the design team was just ticking off boxes on "how to a make a BG clone for the modern audience", which, considering the personality of a lead designer might just be the case.

Speaking of a lead designer, the fact that he had some cursory interest in history didn't help either, because he couldn't avoid a typical rookie GM mistake of cramming all the things you like about your stuff into the setting and assuming it'll just work because it has some inherent merit. The fact that he didn't exactly understand what he liked about it himself didn't help either.

>>44444096
>{{ I waited 8 hours to make this post. }}
Well, I waited for nine!
>>
>>44444096
>>44446028
Fools! I'm still waiting to make this post!

Wait...
>>
>>44445610
It appears so.
>>
>>44446028
I mean it was always going to be nostalgia bait.
>>
>>44446028
>It's boring, flat, and monotone

It's J.E. Sawyers perfect RPG.

Just reading these three adjectives in one sentence makes him cum.
>>
>>44446071
>>44446071
Sure. But nobody prevented them from at least trying to do something with it. Instead, they managed to end up with a game that has less character than Baldurs Gate 1.

>>44446232
>It's J.E. Sawyers perfect RPG.
Chances are, it's not eintirely Sawyer's fault, though.
Games are a team effort and Obisidian today is not the same company that made Kotor 2, it's not even the same company that made New Vegas. They lost a lot of talent. A sizeable chunk of their former employees works for Blizzard now.
>>
Endless Space was already mentioned, but are there any Grand strategy/4x games set in space? Ala space EUIV?
>>
>>44445330
Play 5 it's the second best one.
>>
>>44446438
I know. I have the ToE expansion and it's pretty good. A bit slow, but I like it.
>>
>>44446302
>Chances are, it's not eintirely Sawyer's fault, though.
It was the Obsidian RPG where they gave Sawyer the most control and this is the result.

Actually the worst RPG they ever made, not counting SLAM DUNKS (vanilla NWN2, something-Siege and one more thing I can't remember).

Mask of the Betrayer = Knights of the old Republic 2 >> Stick of Truth > Alpha Broccolimol > Pliers of Eternality > the rest
>>
Thinking about buying Endless Legend with all the DLC for $20. Could anyone convince me?
>>
>>44446574
yes its good (music and art is excellent) but ai is shit
>>
>>44446571
I don't think you know what slam dunk means.
>>
If you don't have it, get Tabletop Simulator. It's incredibly versatile with workshop support.
>>
>>44439273
costs like 8 instead 250 at g2a
>>
>>44441417
you can make custom boards and cards very easily. your only concern should be with models, which would require 3D modeling
>>
>>44442569

Age of Decadence more like AGE OF DOGSHIT
>>
>>44446430
Gotta wait for Stellaris unless there's a space gsg I'm not aware of. For 4X, there's gal civ, and sins of a solar empire is kinda 4X-ish.
>>
>>44435119

Yes.

(Some people don't much care for the combat system and it certainly has its... quirks. The art and lore and nonlinear storytelling is universally acclaimed though, and I agree with the universe in this case.)
>>
Can anyone recommend any tactical turn-based squad games via Steam? I'm thinking of things like X-Com, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.
>>
In terms of engaging narrative and roleplay, This War of Mine is absolutely worth $7.

That game cuts deep.
>>
>>44442034

Uh, what? There are clearly homosexual options. DA2 style.

I also actually liked that side of it marginally more than the Bioware romances because you can completely fail them due to not being charismatic enough and not caring to try and try again until you get the check right. Lends it a certain margin of believability.
>>
>>44446686
PC has poor options on that sense...

If I can recommend you something, try using a PSP emulator and playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, an awesome game and runs great on emulators. You can even use the Xbox controller, the emulator supports that natively.
>>
>>44446684

My only problem with the game is the nonsense fucking initiative order, and the fact that 2 guys always beats 4 guys because 2 guys act twice as fast as 4 guys.
>>
>>44442569

Did you like Fallout 1? Then AoD is at the very least worth giving a try. It's a game made for a very particular niche but it is amazing if you happen to be in that niche, and frustrating, ugly and annoying otherwise.
>>
>>44446752

It is a pale imitation of Fallout at best.
>>
>>44446773

It's still closer to that than to anything else though.
>>
Check out Exanima, dudes. Dungeon crawling with realistic sword fighting (not with penises) and unforgiving damage.
>>
File: B0xNDBQCYAEq1lM.jpg (11 KB, 226x199) Image search: [Google]
B0xNDBQCYAEq1lM.jpg
11 KB, 226x199
>>
>>44445026

Orthodox Jews are basically half-Amish, obviously they wouldn't be much good at this worldly modern commerce thing. The ones that have brought credit to their race have generally been either religiously liberal or "orthodox" but still worldly and integrated as regards business matters.
>>
>>44446798
Was the name of that game changed? I remember a game with the same combat but it was called different, something with an S.
>>
>>44446686
Banner Saga.
>>
>>44446827
Wow, you're even bad at being racist.
>>
>>44446605
I don't, but Feargus himself referred to those "make a sequel for a popular franchise made by someone else" games as SLAM DUNKS.

Oh yeah, I forgot New Vegas. That would be below KotOR 2 and above Stick of Truth.
>>
>>44446845
>I remember a game with the same combat but it was called different, something with an S.
Sui Generis. Exanima is supposed to a prelude/tech demo to it.
>>44446798
>sword fighting (not with penises)
Well, Sui Generis trailers showed pixeled people genitals, so maybe if/when people mod it...
>>
>>44446827
That's the hasidics you're thinking of.
>>
>>44446827

So Orthodox Jews are half-Mennonite protestants?
>>
>>44446686
Wasteland 2
Original Sin
Shadowrun Dragonfall / Hong Kong
Satellite Reign
>>
>>44442569
Holy shit, I couldn't believe my eyes, looking at the Age of Decadence price.

Glad I had bought it on Thursday after the release on GOG, it cost like 16 Euro there.

>>44446654
Subhuman filth detected.

>>44446752
Age of Decadence might literally be the best RPG of 2015, the only one that could be better is Underrail, I haven't played/bought that yet.

It's just fucking pathetic how all the Tumblrites are masturbating over Undertale being "oh my god, a RPG where you don't have to DESTROY anyone".

You could do that in a few Western RPGs as well, but Age of Decadence is literally the first RPG I can think off where you can literally avoid committing any violence with your own hands or run away from it like a pussy (inevitable in Fallouts).
>>
>>44446976
>Satellite Reign
This good?
>>
>>44447028
>Age of Decadence is literally the first RPG I can think off where you can literally avoid committing any violence with your own hands or run away from it like a pussy (inevitable in Fallouts).
And that makes it good?
>>
>>44447056
Among other things, yes.

It also has a very good, unforgiving and realistic combat system, huge re-playability (I played the shit out of the first town demo alone when it was released a year ago), solid writing and a huge amount of C&C (which is the most defining feature of a good RPG), and that alone makes it probably the best indie RPG in history.

The only ones who dislike it are casual retards who can't handle the unforgiving combat system / character system ("why can't I do everything at once, be the Chosen One, talk smart and kick ass too?").

I think that there is a strong overlap between subhuman garbage that thinks Fallout 4 is a playable game and those who dislike AoD.
>>
>>44447131
Huh. Thanks for the breakdown, Anon.
>>
>>44446884
As a compliment or an insult, that's pretty half-assed.
>>
>>44444444
>>
>>44441478
Fuck the Highmen.
>>
>>44447131
>Look up at Nexus
>The FO4 hot files are all porn mods
Not even mods will manage to savage FO4, by the look of things.
>>
>>44447131
I got REALLY disappointed with Fallout 4... I expected more after the success of FO: NV, nut there is no rest for the wicked, we are all condemned to see our favorite series be zombiefied.
>>
Thinking bout buying DnD: Chronicles of Mystera, my problem is I don't know if it uses hamachi to connect to people or not. Can someone fill me in?
>>
>>44434891
morrowind
>>
>>44446791
UnderRail.
>>
File: UGG04.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UGG04.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>44447551
Mods never truly salvage Bethesda games, especially since they went to voice acting for everyone. It adds a massive barrier to those who'd want to restructure questlines and NPCS. That was possible in Morrowind's time with dialogue being easily changeable, one of the best mods simply was a project to make fewer generic NPCs populate the land. But no longer. Modders would rather collaborate on projects to just reskin everything in higher detail and pile on additional systems rather than fix core problems with the game.

>>44447475
Seconded.
And enacted, brutally

Also recommending Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

It's practically a tabletop wargame, but realtime.

And Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm for one of the best WW3 games.
>>
>>44446430
Distant Worlds is probably the most "grand strategy" space 4x out there. Its scale is massive, with more aspects and potential focuses of empire management than any other strategy game I can think of. I'd call it pretty good, if very mechanically obtuse and grognardy; it features a large range of potential automation options for managing your empire (to the extent that you could automate the entire thing), i.e. potential automation for directing your leaders (and the political systems for electing them), agents, admirals, diplomatic corps, and other important personnel, to managing the thousands of resource extraction operations that inevitably pop up, to orders for construction (also potentially in the thousands) of custom ships and space structures and the fleet control/production tasks ensuing. It also has extremely broad modding support, with a number of excellent (and very large) overhaul and graphical mods stickied on its forums. I'd recommend looking it up on Steam.
>>
File: irrelephant.jpg (135 KB, 487x600) Image search: [Google]
irrelephant.jpg
135 KB, 487x600
Is there any games out there that feature a great character customizer? The best I've ever used was the one for City of Heroes/City of Villains, but that's done and gone and has shitty graphics by today's standards
>>
>>44447964
I should know better by now, but that picture always makes me laugh.
>>
>>44447683
>Also recommending Ultimate General: Gettysburg.
>It's practically a tabletop wargame, but realtime.
>And Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm for one of the best WW3 games.
Elaborate a little more on these?
>>
File: 1355626399730.jpg (250 KB, 600x317) Image search: [Google]
1355626399730.jpg
250 KB, 600x317
>>44446430
>tfw SotSII will never ever ever recover
>>
>>44447964
Visually or with lots of skills and classes?
>>
>>44447964
Dragon's Dogma has the best customization of any game I ever saw, and will come for Steam in a few weeks.

Nonetheless, you should verify the price and if the gameplay fits your style.
>>
File: that feel when my soul dies_1.jpg (157 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
that feel when my soul dies_1.jpg
157 KB, 633x758
>>44448299

>YFW they ruined one of the best settings around
>YFW it's deader than a doornail and will never be revisited
>>
>>44448327
>>44448353
I should have said earlier. I mean visually. I'd like the game to double as a character portrait generator for RPGs. Genre doesn't matter
>>
>>44441931
This is very accurate. Like 90% of my amusement from that game was just upgrading the stronghold.
>>
>>44434891
Shadowrun Returns was alright, heard Dragonfall was better.
>>
>>44448487
Stardock would probably eventually buy the IP if Kerberos kicks the bucket.
>>
>>44448880
Wouldn't be the same. Probably wouldn't bring their tame scifi author with it.
I LIKE sots2, it just needs to be better optimized and have a UI worth a goddamn.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.