[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At this point in the 40k universe, who are considered actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
At this point in the 40k universe, who are considered actual legit gods besides the four Chaos powers? Is the Emperor technically one even though he has mortal form? And what is the status in relation to the Necron dieties or lesser entities like Gork and Mork?
>>
File: Bel.png (4 MB, 1149x1494) Image search: [Google]
Bel.png
4 MB, 1149x1494
>>44409144
All are false gods.

Only, I, Be'kalor the Dark Master of Chaos, am worthy of being called a god.
>>
>>44409144
>lesser entities
>Gork and Mork

Krumped Khorne ard they did. Green is da best and everyone know it. Emperor pooped himself a little when he realized the two of them were getting more and more agitated and powerful as time passed and now they've got Ghazkghull making the biggest Waaagh ever.
>>
>>44409188
>Killed by falling rocks
>God
>>
>>44409144
There are no gods.

No seriously, there aren't. "The dark gods" are not gods in our term, but rather reflections of the souls of men, eldar, orcs, and other soul bearing species.

BUT if we claim that the ruinous powers ARE actual gods, then there are plenty of others too. Gork and Mork are orkish gods for sure, and Isha, Cegorach, and Khaine are also gods. The Emperor is a god for all intents and purposes, but may not be one? I do not know, it's not explained.
>>
>>44409223
The Chaos Gods are definitley gods within any given definition that isn't monotheistic omnipotence.
>>
>>44409144
Gork and Mork are gods. Or will be gods if their essence ever coalesces and becomes active. As it is now the mirror image gods are more of a nebulous animus spirit of orkdom thing.

Emperor is like the mortal gods of antiquity. Powerful but mortal and full of human faults.

The eldar gods are small gods answerable to natural forces. They may have been mortal once but if so nobody, save maybe Be'kalor, remember this. Turns out they were mortal still in the most obvious way.

The C'tan were gods. Now they are just artifacts with memories of godhood. Much Like whats left of Khine. Much like the Necrons themselves.
>>
>>44409220
>Nerfed by Tzeentch
>Denied his true body

Once he got his body back he had mystical power of a cabal of Slann. Literally moving entire mountains with his mind,
>>
>>44409286
>Got nerfed by another blatantly more powerful God
>Only one worthy of being called a God

Go to bed Carnac. Belakor is irrelevant to 40k besides being a shitty excuse for a bad retcon
>>
>>44409333
>>Got nerfed by another blatantly more powerful God

Four Gods conspired to rob Be'lakor his power. In fantasy , Tzeentch led the charge and once Be'lakor was weakened Tzeentch struck him with madness and robbed him of his form.

>Instrumental in the rise of Abaddon
>Gave Ahriman the information he needed to intact the second Rubric
>Is the Herald of the End Times who will decree the end of the galaxy
>Is currently leading an attack on the Phalanx. If he succeeds, he will bombard the Imperial palace and murder the Emperor

He is more relevant than mos the named characters in the setting.

As for him being greater than the Chaos Gods? It's his destiny. If he possesses Abaddon's flesh and robs the Chaos Gods of their victory, he will his the glory and power to topple them.

Take it from his own words : "The Gods will fall and the Warp will howl at the foot of my THRONE!"
>>
File: 1450918105669.jpg (35 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450918105669.jpg
35 KB, 250x250
>>44409475
>Is currently leading an attack on the Phalanx. If he succeeds, he will bombard the Imperial palace and murder the Emperor
>>
File: Divine Intervention Chart.png (592 KB, 604x842) Image search: [Google]
Divine Intervention Chart.png
592 KB, 604x842
Here is a list of all the active gods in the setting.
>>
>>44409144
Nagash, Great Horned Rat, and Archaon.
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 700x975) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 700x975
>>44409475
He's Starscream, except Starscream is actually competent in some continuities while Be'lakor isn't in any.
>>
>>44409475
>Instrumental in the rise of Abaddon
>Gave Ahriman the information he needed to intact the second Rubric
>Is the Herald of the End Times who will decree the end of the galaxy

All according to fluff stated after the fact made solely to make him seem relevant by going "He totally did this guys promise!". He's literally the biggest joke in the universe and the gods are playing him like a fiddle for lulz.
>>
>>44409731
I know he is a Starscream-expy and I love him for it. And by the way, He is competent in fantasy. He crawled and claws his way back to sanity. Stripped the curse of gods from his spirit and restored portion of body. He freed himself at last and then engineered the End Times.

No matter what obstacles bar his way and no matter how many times he fails, Be'lakor will persevere. A true inspiration to all struggling followers of Chaos. Never give up!
>>
>>44409810
>He's literally the biggest joke in the universe and the gods are playing him like a fiddle for lulz.

A pawn can be a king or queen (lets avoid sexism). Just ask the Horned Rat and Archaon. The Chaos Gods thought of these dudes as pawns and playthings. Now one is a among them as true Chaos Gods and the other is a Demigod of Chaos who is beyond their power and is as much their enemy as he is their ally.
>>
>>44409818
No, in End Times he was trapped in a gem by an elf then in Age of Sigmar his creation, who hates him, was made his master.

He actually worsened his situation.
>>
>>44409879
He got free from the gem with the destruction of the Old World.

And Archaon is not his master. Be'lakor is no longer shackled to the curse and thus Archaon has no sway over him. If he making come back in AoS, then it would be to get his revenge on Archaon because the dude got everything Be'lakor ever wanted. Be'lakor would be burning with jealousy.
>>
>>44409957
Archaon is canon in charge of all the forces of Chaos now, which includes Be'lakor.
Anything that isn't a Chaos God is Archaon's minion.

The curse has nothing to do with it. They pumped up Archaon until he's the only villain, the supreme source of all evil. There's no villains in the setting now other than those who answer to him, no remaining ambiguity.
>>
File: Archy4.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy4.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2000
>>44410028
>>44410028
You didn't read the Archaon lore? Archaon has the authority to command all the forces of Chaos but not all of them desire to serve him. I think you might be trolling.

Archaon's fluff has plenty of examples of Chaos champions and daemons who disobeyed, challenged, or warred with Archaon.

One important example is (picture related). The Nine. They fought against Archaon armies and refused to bow to him. In end, he broke all of them.

A renegade daemon like Be'lakor will be outside Archaon authority already. If Archaon wants Be'lakor to serve him, then he has to find him first and defeat him.
>>
>>44410206
Doesn't mean you've won if you have to serve but are allowed to dislike it.

Be'lakor is still a loser.
>>
>>44410385
Be'lakor won his freedom and regained his body. No chains by god or upstart mortal holds him. It's only a matter of time when the Mortal Realms will feel the wrath of the Dark Master.

Because never cared about the orders of the Chaos Gods before, he will not start now. Archaon has grown too big his britches. It's a father's duty to discipline his prideful son
>>
>>44410481
>Get completley showed up by his half breed son
>"No guys I'M the master of darkness, you gotta listen to me!"

Belakor is literally that kid when everyone agrees someone else makes a better bad guy during pretend.
>>
>>44410481
Yeah, it's not going to happen.
It's cute to roleplay and all, but GW's shit writing makes it certain it won't happen.

He's the setting buttmonkey. He can't win because his place is to lose. They've already confirmed how this setting will go via prophesy anyway. Archaon wins, kills Sigmar, destroys the mortal realms again. Slaanesh remains gone.
>>
>>44409144
What about Malal?
>>
File: 40K Gods.jpg (120 KB, 720x820) Image search: [Google]
40K Gods.jpg
120 KB, 720x820
Boom.
>>
>>44410614
Still in limbo. Never retconned and referenced once every so often, but not owned by GW and theydon't want to push their "Malal by another name" characters because they're shit who only want to sell Nurgle/Khorne and have Tzeentch/Undivided do all the talking in lore.
>>
>>44410670
Isha was eaten by her daughter Lileath.
>>
>>44410696
Would Lileath do me the honor of eating me?
>>
>>44410540
You seem to forget that Be'lakor can alter destiny. He is the daemon with the master plan.

Win or lose, it does not matter. What makes Be'lakor interesting is the struggle.

>>44410536
The Chaos Gods have been trying to get rid of Archaon for thousands years. He is a pain their ass and he plans to take the Realms for himself alone.

Who do you think they will call upon to handle him?

>Be'lakor : ARCHAON! I made you and I will UNMAKE YOU!
>>
>>44410696
I thought she was Nurgle's muse/test subject.
>>
>>44409686
>The Greater Good
>a Divine power
Really?
>>
What I don't get is, why only 4 major chaos gods? Surely there are other emotive aspects within the souls of mortals than the 4 described?
>>
>>44411184
>Surely there are other emotive aspects within the souls of mortals than the 4 described?
They was but they got eaten by those 4.
>>
File: Divine note.png (268 KB, 1458x278) Image search: [Google]
Divine note.png
268 KB, 1458x278
>>44411166
You better believe it, Gue'la.
>>
>>44411184
The big 4 encompass a pretty large array of feelings/actions/concepts, Khorne for example is murder, honor, pride etc. etc. and not just murder.
>>
>>44411184
None more violent.
>>
>>44409704
>40k universe
>>
>>44410670
Fuck, I still can't read Slaanesh's entry without laughing.
>>
>>44410977
Waifu.
>>
>>44411432
>implying AoS isn't just some copy of the WHFB world stuck in the Warp
How else did they get space marines?
>>
File: 1404689798196.png (463 KB, 790x574) Image search: [Google]
1404689798196.png
463 KB, 790x574
>>44409475
>he will bombard the Imperial palace and murder the Emperor
>If he possesses Abaddon's flesh and robs the Chaos Gods of their victory, he will his the glory and power to topple them
Explain how that works though.
Abaddon doesn't want to kill the Emperor, because he actually wants to rule over the Imperium as the Dark Emperor. For that to happen the Emperor must be kept alive.
Which is contrasted by the desires of the Chaos Gods, who want the Emperor slain so that reality itself is destroyed and warped into Chaos.

>>44411184
There were once. And there are probably some Greater Daemons that act as lesser gods (Raptors worship one of them for instance), but they are most likely allowed to live only as long as it also benefits their patron god.
>>
File: gork mork please go.jpg (16 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
gork mork please go.jpg
16 KB, 250x238
>>44411787

Gork or Mork would rape Khorne desu
>>
File: Archaon (closeup).png (1 MB, 640x732) Image search: [Google]
Archaon (closeup).png
1 MB, 640x732
>>44411787
>Abaddon doesn't want to kill the Emperor, because he actually wants to rule over the Imperium as the Dark Emperor. For that to happen the Emperor must be kept alive.

All the lore states that Abaddon desires to remove the Emperor from the throne and get his revenge on him. His method in doing so is expanding eye to cover the entire galaxy. How Abaddon is going to doublecross the Chaos Gods? It's a mystery.

As for how Be'lakor will topple the Chaos Gods? He will most likely use all that and glory and power to create a vast daemonic army loyal only to him and march upon the thrones of the Chaos Gods.

I mean Horus did it in "Vengeful Spirit" . Archaon been doing it for a long while. The difference being that neither of them desired to actually unseat the gods.

>>44411994
FYI, that's fantasy fluff

Also Archaon kicked the asses of both Gork and Mork in AoS.
>>
>>44409211
I can never remember which one is brutally kunnin' and which is kunnin'ly brutal.
>>
>>44410840
Slann also have the power to alter destiny now. In fact, its canon they outplan even Chaos now.
>>
>>44412106
Archaon is stronger than anything in any setting now. He obliterates entire universes. He can enter the mortal realms at will, whereas the Chaos Gods cannot leave the Warp.

Warhammer Fantasy humans are Blanks, as they have no presence in the Warp.

Archaon could faceroll 40k. 40k only exists because Archaon thinks guns are for faggots.
>>
File: Da-Godz.jpg (2 MB, 3543x1653) Image search: [Google]
Da-Godz.jpg
2 MB, 3543x1653
>>44412429
>which one is brutally kunnin' and which is kunnin'ly brutal
The answer is ______yes______.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.