[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scenario Design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: gy1fgye.jpg (25 KB, 605x498) Image search: [Google]
gy1fgye.jpg
25 KB, 605x498
Hi /tg/
I'm writing a modern scenario, which has a strong opening (PCs are speeding away from an armed robbery, one of their number is dead, need to get to the swap vehicle) and a good couple of encounters/challenges, but now I've gotten to the part where they've holed up in the cabin their dead teammate set up as their bolthole and I'm stuck.
What should I throw at four armed robbers? Slenderman? Zombies? Rival criminals? I have serious writer's block. Help me /tg/, you're my only hope.
>>
Tarantino is very likely the worst trash in modern cinema; he is arguably worse than the Michael Bays and Uwe Bolls, precisely because he is just clever enough to trick the mal-adjusted film school dropouts who masquerade as critics into thinking there's something complex at work.
>>
Turn them against each other through paranoia and clever misdirection.
>>
>>44408415
How?
>>
>>44408346
Turn it into an action movie turned horror show where the feds send in the biggest, baddest motherfucker they can spare to wipe these degenerates off of the map.
Can't reason with him, can't scare him, and he will not stop until all four of them are dead.
>>
>>44408457

Get them talking about what went wrong and make them start to think that someone is a betrayer. Taking each player aside to have private conversations with leading/suspicious questions will plant seeds of doubt. Hopefully they will try to investigate each other (going through their stuff, taking weapons), which will increase suspicion and hopefully lead to conflict. If you need help, recruit your best rper/poker face to assist.

The set up might not be right to do this right now, but turning people against each other is really fun.
>>
>>44408560
That might be hard, seeing as we're starting in the aftermath, but I'll see what I can do.
Any ideas for things that might happen once they're IN the cabin in the woods?
>>
>>44408410
(Resovioure dogs)
Other than that..I agree.
>>
>>44408600
>a diary is found buried near the cabin.
>it tells about a robbery gone wrong and how a member of the group was a monster
>players see shockingly similar details to the past robbery and the one they just did
>>
File: Go-on-Popcorn-Proceed-Continue.gif (757 KB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
Go-on-Popcorn-Proceed-Continue.gif
757 KB, 300x161
>>44408669
>>
>>44408792
As they read the diary (written in 1876), they learn of another group of robbers who fled the cops after a botched robbery, that ended up in this same cabin.
The PCs will start to think that one of their group is some kind of immortalish robber who fucks over his fellows.
In fact the cabin is nothing more than an old cabin...the place they attempted to rob is the key. The cash they stole wasn't what the monster wanted..he was after something else.
>>
>>44408909
This works beautifully.
Might give them some decent chills when their dead compatriot disappears from his hiding place/shallow grave...
Thanks!
>>
>>44408947
Most welcome anon. Hope it works great for your game.
>>
>>44408346

You don't NEED to complicate a set-up like this with supernatural elements unless you consider that really important.

A lot can throw tension into "four guys stuck in a room". Like, what if someone comes calling? What if one of you needs supplies and has to risk a journey out to the nearest corner store? What if there's evidence to suggest that maybe one of them is actually an undercover cop?

Unless you're super-set on "this is a zombie game", don't include zombies. Though, maybe a bunch of crooks laying low might be a good reason for them missing out on (and not being impacted by) the outbreak of a zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>44408986
True.
The tension between 4 guys dodging cops, stuck in a cabin would be epic. Someone driving up to the cabin lost, could trigger a shootout.
>>
>>44408986
I'm using AFMBE, partially because it works nicely for most modern action and partially because I wanted to distract the players with the possibility of zombies. It's not a straight-up bait and switch, but hopefully it'll keep them off the right track.
I might just have the real traitor be the dead guy, his criminal buddies unearth him, and let the players imagine he dug himself up if they want.
>>
File: Wendigo Too Slow Guidelines.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo Too Slow Guidelines.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Made by a kind anon around Halloween. Maybe you can find use in adapting it
>>
File: DM Horror Tactics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DM Horror Tactics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
And one more
>>
>>44409033
One guy dug the body up..looking for clues/a key/I'd/mcgruffin...but the groups thinks the body reanimated.
>>
>>44409077
Precisely.
Lots of nice tension.
>>
>>44409033

I love the idea of playing around with meta-expectations, so if your plan is "make them think it's zombies and then nutshot them with something different" I am ALL ABOUT that shit. 100% in favour.

Like, say they're in these woods, right? They find some deer carcases all ripped to shit. Or they notice the locals have strange, clammy skin and sickly, yellow eyes, as if there's something going around the town..

[spoilers]It's Deep Ones.[/spoilers]
>>
>>44409116
Oooh, that's nice.
I had thought it'd work nicely if they made preparations for zombies (like barricading their doors shut) and then got hit by intelligent or mundane enemies (like rival gang-bangers with molotovs).
>>
>>44409132

How about this: it's a haunted house.

They barricade themselves in, thinking they're setting up for a siege to keep rivals off. They've just made their job harder and given the evil spirit more to throw at them as they try to get OUT.
>>
>>44409132
So are you putting supernatural stuff in? Or mindfucking the PCs into thinking it is?
>>
>>44409172
I hadn't really decided. I just didn't want to use zombies and I knew that's what the players would be expecting.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.