[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As first character I want to make a mage, as objective I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
As first character I want to make a mage,
as objective I want to get powerful enough to create a magic hideout on a different plane.

If I make it then I'll start kidnapping other player's character to preserve them in airtight bags suspended in a state of magic sleep,
I'll slowly build up a collection by infiltrating different parties as a low-mid level mage or controlling the characters I kidnapped (of course I'll request their character sheets from the player to keep as a trophy).

As a DM would you be down with this?
>>
>>44406804
No.
>>
>>44406804
That's stupid.

You're stupid.
>>
>>44406804

As your first character, hell no. Because you'd actually expect your character to win in the end.

I'd let an experienced player start out as a member of the party that eventually pulls this shit to become the BBEG, but once the reveal happens (if it's even successful. The player still has to PLAY), that mage officially becomes an NPC
>>
>>44406841
Nah of course I'll die a bunch of times trying

>that mage officially becomes an NPC
You wouldn't let the player play as BBEG?
>>
I can see this working during 1 or 2 sessions as a mystery for the rest of the party to solve but then the jig is up and the mage dies.

Of course, when mage enters party and weird stuff starts to happen, the mystery pretty much solves itself.
>>
>>44406804
>Oh man
>oh man oh man
>this is gonna be so tight
>so get this
>this is gonna be great
>oh man
>You put me into your party
>right?
>okay.
>so you put me into your party and
>oh man
>you're gonna love this
>and I
>shit man
>you won't believe it
>I kidnap your PCs
>hold on
>it gets better
>I kidnap your PCs mid campaign
>okay, ready for it?
>here it comes
>oh shit
>I kidnap your PCs mid campaign
>aaaaaaannndd
>TAKE THEM TO MY OTHERWORLDLY HIDEOUT AND KEEP THEM AS TROPHIES
>JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CAMPAIGN I'VE EVER BEEN IN
>door hits your ass on the way out
>>
>>44406804
Where did you get your ideas on RPGs? That Community episode?
>>
Played in a game where someone did this more or less. It wasn't a first character though, and they were kind of the accepted villain of the game. At least at first.
>>
>>44406933
AYYY HOL UP HOL UP
>>
File: 1565498151.jpg (82 KB, 900x507) Image search: [Google]
1565498151.jpg
82 KB, 900x507
>>44406804
Are you new? Please tell me you're new here.
>>
File: actions have consequences.gif (1 MB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
actions have consequences.gif
1 MB, 500x750
>>44406882
>You wouldn't let the player play as BBEG?
Nope.

Doing that is asking for a bad time.
>>
>>44406804
>Create a magic hideout on a different plane

Sounds great

>Kidnapping other players characters

uh...

>preserve them in bags

haha no

>request their character sheets as trophies

hahahaha no

Also you've lost your mage privileges, you are only allowed to play martials from here on out. At least till I can be sure you aren't going to go full edge lord and ruin the groups fun again
>>
File: lowqualitybait.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
lowqualitybait.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>44406804
BAIT
A
I
T
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.