[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting D&D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1372990174075.jpg (67 KB, 640x605) Image search: [Google]
1372990174075.jpg
67 KB, 640x605
Alright, /tg/. I'm probably going to be DMing for a group of people by the end of this week. My plan is to read over the Player's Handbook I & II, the Dungeon Master's Guide and the Monster Manual, all for version 3.5. Will I miss anything major by stopping there? Should I read those for a later version, or would you all recommend 3.5? Lastly, any tips for a new DM in making a memorable and lasting campaign?
>>
Give me one good reason why you're too retarded to just google this and instead have to shit up the board with this thread.
>>
>>44394545
Nah, good starting point. There's a few level zero adventures, you should consider starting with one of those
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 597x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 597x374
>>44394583
You should sit down friend. We're better than google
>>
>>44394610
Rule #1: Coddle faggots who refuse to think for themselves. This makes the hugbox stronger and ensures no one ever has their feelngs hurt! We're on our way to being more inclusive!
>>
>>44394583
Jesus. I've done all my research and determined this would be a good starting point. I just wanted some advice.

>>44394592
Alright, I'll look into that.
>>
>>44394638
>I've done all my research and determined this would be a good starting point.

You literally don't even know what an edition is.

You haven't done shit.
>>
>>44394545
>would you all recommend 3.5
Very few people on /tg/ would recommend 3.5e as a good anything.

For a new group you'd be better off with 5e. You can find all the books for download in the /5eg/ threads >>44378264
>>
>>44394583
What the fuck are you gonna do about it chump!?
>>
>>44394651
How does that in any way ensure that I don't or can't think for myself?
>>
>>44394638
Here's a link to a level 0 adventure
http://rpgknights.com/tomb-of-the-ghast-queen-a-0-level-funnel/

>>44394631
>if someone knows less than me they a moron and don't deserve any of my expertise. If he was smart he'd know more like i do lol
>>
>>44394583
>>44394631
>>44394651
So if this is such a shit thread, why do you keep bumbing it? I mean, aside from the fact that you are so autistic and socially inept that you can't ever actually play games with other people, so you want to be a dick to people trying to get into the hobby.

>>44394545
My personal recomendation, get into 5e. 3.5 can get a little out of control, and you need to keep a close eye on party balance. Someone could make a wrong choice, and end up super weak compaired to everyone else. 5e is a lot 'safer' for newer players, it's far less likely someone will outshine the rest, or be completely outshined.

And as far as DMing tips go, uh, probably start working on stuff a little more than a week in advance?
>>
File: how to dm.jpg (1 MB, 1235x2892) Image search: [Google]
how to dm.jpg
1 MB, 1235x2892
>>44394545
>>
>>44394545
Just play 4e or 5e.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.