[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite PC Interactions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1408237546238.jpg (917 KB, 1350x900) Image search: [Google]
1408237546238.jpg
917 KB, 1350x900
Talk to me, /tg/. What was your favorite roleplaying moment with another player's character? Did they fight? Did they befriend each other? Did they get drunk and wake up next to each other with matching tattoos and a wedding ring on their respective fingers?
>>
Probably my favorite was our characters sort of getting separated from most of the action. My character had the ability to teleport but only to random locations, so for a long time it was just our two characters traveling together through strange lands and getting to know one another since they were strangers to each other upon getting separated. Also kind of cool since the other character was a villain. I think I liked it because in contrast to most of the game, very little combat happened while they were together, it was simply just trying to find their way back to places they were familiar with.
>>
Reposting mine from >>44380563

It can be difficult, but it depends on how the system handles combat and its consequences.

One of my best experiences ever in a roleplaying game was in Legends of the Wulin, when my PC and another character finally came to blows. It had been brewing for a while, they'd gotten off on the wrong foot and never really seen eye to eye, even their Elemental associations were different, as were their methods and approaches to almost everything.

The battle was fierce. They both attacked the other with everything they had, leveraging mystical power and physical might against one another in a conflict that split the ground and pushed both to their limits.

But through the battle, they managed to achieve what no amount of discussion could achieve. Mutual understanding, respect and acceptance of the others way of doing things.

And the best part? The system supported it. In Legends of the Wulin, in addition to the injuries you take in a fight, you also make an End of Combat roll that lets you inflict any kind of condition on your opponent- Including a buff. The all out conflict between our PCs ended in us each giving the other a power boost, a reflection of the emotional growth we'd achieved through the conflict.

Granted, that sort of thing isn't appropriate in some genres, but PvP works a lot better in conflicts where it's not just 'One of them dies', but is more about a clash of ideals and philosophies, and its resolution doesn't need to have an explicit winner/loser.
>>
File: 1447635832035.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447635832035.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
>>44379782
>start group 4 years back
>of original six, only myself, Dm, and one other left
>DM is DM so naturally he can only be so palsy when we play
>but other guy and I are more or less playing on the same level since the beginning
>fuck shit up, enjoy the storyline, constantly try to get each other killed for shits n giggles
>He has successfully murdered me (directly or otherwise) 4 times
>I have reciprocated twice (once arguably being his own doing)
>now playing with an old friend of mine
>he's a liberal
>Really, liberal
>I mean, CALIFORNIA liberal. It leaks in-game pretty hard
>bitches non-stop when we even joke about in-game child abduction or domestic terrorism
>so attached to his character he won't shit if there's a risk of death
>makes his combat turns long as fuck and the game ultimately boring
>really starts to fuck up our vibes
>so now we just spend the whole game fucking with him
>making awful decisions
>spending money on stupid shit (read: whoring and gambling)
>trusting blatantly evil NPCs
>insisting we take on absurd and suicidal odds
>one time he actually got up, walked around the table, and hit me in the face
>I was laughing too hard to care
>and he hits like a California pussy
he won't admit it but he actually seems to enjoy working us out of these scrapes. He's almost started to loosen up, shame we're probably gonna push him too far one day and make him rage quit the whole campaign
>>
>>44382064
Shit, totally forgot this was about characters. Okay, short version

Our cleric and I have a history of trying to kill each other. Just rolled a new grappler and chased down BBEG to a warehouse with a few of his goons. I strip naked and grease up (for such is my method of combat) and immediately start grappling shit, while everyone else gets wrapped up in floor tentacles. Being the grappler, I dodge and catch BBEG as he starts to levitate. He blasts the ever loving shit out of me at point blank but my character would never let scorching rays and a 40 foot fall stop him. So I roll to suplex the BBEG, it works, we take an express route for the floor and BAM. BBEG dead as a doorknob.

My grappler is bleeding out at -2, he looks up at the cleric, entire group breathes a sigh of relief "Okay, just heal him man."

He looks at the DM and whispers "fireball". DM nods, he rolls damage and toasts my ass on the spot. BBQ'd.

Turns out he was a possessed Oracle and we just never bothered to do a detect evil check on him. Brilliant move, he went half the campaign without playing his hand.
>>
Just ran a game of pathfinder on Sunday, players spent the first 4 hours of play interacting with each other in a temple of Cayden. It warms my heart to actually see players interact instead of play 4-6 separate games at the same time.
>>
The most entertaining roleplay moment in my current game was when our party needed money, and my rogue and our paladin ended up in a huge fight about whether it was better to actually look for honest work, or just steal shit like I usually did. Ended up splitting the party, and the DM had to switch back and forth between the shenanigans of my group breaking and entering creatively and the paladin's group going door-to-door looking for a legitimate job. The dichotomy was actually fucking hilarious.
>>
>forced elf

Ugh.
>>
File: REaction 1.png (98 KB, 452x332) Image search: [Google]
REaction 1.png
98 KB, 452x332
>>44382169
>>
>>44382295
>>>/out/
>>
>>44382358
>being this new

Is this really your first forced meme? You're supposed to drop it when it's lost any remnant of humor, and that happened months ago.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.