[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IN LAWS WANT TO PLAY CATAAN MY WIFE ALWAYS WINS AT THIS GAME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: cataan.png (1 MB, 801x714) Image search: [Google]
cataan.png
1 MB, 801x714
IN LAWS WANT TO PLAY CATAAN

MY WIFE ALWAYS WINS AT THIS GAME

I HATE IT

I ALWAYS HAVE TOO MANY SHEEP

HELP ME

FAST
>>
>>44368256
gitgud
>>
>>44368270
HOW
>>
File: 1313893842874.png (340 KB, 675x4241) Image search: [Google]
1313893842874.png
340 KB, 675x4241
>>
>>44368274
dunbebad
>>
>>44368292
PLEASE
>>
>>44368280
This story is the first thing that comes to mind when I see a Catan thread.
>>
>>44368304

Just don't play.
>>
>>44368304
Development cards maybe?
>>
File: 1340315733215.jpg (191 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1340315733215.jpg
191 KB, 700x525
Have you thought about getting a sheep port and/or freebasing devo cards?
>>
Your first mistake is thinking you have "too" many sheep. He who controls the sheep controls the universe, let the sheep flow.
>>
i used to play catan a lot when i was in college. assuming you are playing the vanilla version i can supply some advice.

obviously you want to put your settlements on good numbers, that much should be obvious. in my experience there are two basic routes: brick/wood & wheat/ore/sheep.

brick/wood involves simply expanding as much as possible as fast as possible. with brick/wood you might want to go for longest road...which is always good for victory points. by building lots of roads and settlements you can gain access to more resources and then win by outpacing everybody else.

the ore/wheat/sheep option relies more on getting development cards and improving the settlements you have. it has the advantage of being very self contained, meaning you don't have to worry about other people blocking your roads or snagging the settlement nodes you want. development cards are really good, if you can get them in droves you are in a strong position.

2:1 ports can be a great way to make up for a lack of certain resources. in general the game has a lot of chance so there is no specific way to ensure victory but in my experience either brick/wood or ore/wheat/sheep is the way to go. i have a feeling that ore/wheat/sheep is better because brick/wood slows down once you run out of room to expand.
>>
>>44368280
Godtier screenshot right there.
>>
Option 1: Place on wood and brick. Get longest road and hold it across all comers. Trade other people what they need for their paltry expansion in exchange for what you need to build going forward.

Option 2: Try to get heavy wheat/stone and build upwards with cities for more resources and development cards. Get Largest Army if you can.

Option 3: Get insane access to one resource and its 2:1 harbor for a balanced out/up strategy. Not likely on the standard map, but on a random map, totally valid.
>>
Anyone in here got wood for sheep?
>>
>>44368640
no, but I have some iron
>>
>>44368329

Best answer for Catan.
>>
Cheat, idiot.
>>
File: Squirrel Girl posts on 4chan.jpg (35 KB, 283x427) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel Girl posts on 4chan.jpg
35 KB, 283x427
>MY WIFE ALWAYS WINS AT THIS GAME

>I HATE IT
>>
>>44370134
That isn't what cuckold means.
>>
>>44370153
Oh sure, like you can play Catan without sex involved
>>
>>44368280
Expected
>>
>>44368280
legendary screencap
>>
>>44368636
People play on non-random maps? Why? Why would you do that?
>>
>>44368256

>HAVE TOO MANY SHEEP

Thats an easy fix. Stop being a mulsim.
>>
>>44368280
fug

how do people like that exist
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.