[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Fantasy Scenarios/Campaigns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Shadows-over-Bögenhafen.jpg (684 KB, 705x1000) Image search: [Google]
Shadows-over-Bögenhafen.jpg
684 KB, 705x1000
What's your favourite fantasy scenario or campaign? Ima go ahead and say it's pic related.
>>
And bonus question: What MAKES a great fantasy scenario or campaign?
>>
>>44361557
Originality

Best setting ever imho, Chronicles of Amber
>>
>>44362053

Okay, but originality is not enough for greatness, is it? It must be good in execution too. Many good designs fail in implementation.
>>
>>44361194
I have a weakness for Death on the Reik.
>>
>>44363214
Well, I meant the entire campaign, actually.
Most of the stuff I have played was homebrewn for various systems though.
>>
>>44363302
I never played the entire campaign as such, but I used maps and parts of it in all sorts of games over the years.
>>
So what makes a fantasy scenario or campaign great?

Sandbox-y elements? Interesting NPCs? Surprising plot twists?

There must be 1000s of fantasy scenarios out there. Why do some stand out?
>>
>>44361194
I want to play this again now. Pergaps ill convert it to 5ed
>>
>>44363889
>So what makes a fantasy scenario or campaign great?
>Sandbox-y elements? Interesting NPCs? Surprising plot twists?

Yes. To me, a good campaign is one where the players have freedom to operate while still working towards an understood goal (the classic dungeon crawls are a good example), and where the NPCs are statted out with motivations and some clever bits but not given explicit step by step instructions, so that they can flex as the game goes on.
>>
>>44361194
>Bögenhafen
>Bögen

Literally means "The Faggot" in my language
>>
>>44364070
What is that? In German it means 'Port of Bows' or possibly 'Port of Sheets'. Or 'Curved Port'. Stupid German, not efficient at all.
>>
>>44361557
>What's your favourite fantasy scenario or campaign?

The one where the characters are the story rather than roping them into some quest because the DM bought an adventure module and needed to get his money's worth.
>>
>>44364131
The river the port town is located on is called River Bögen, presumably because it's a fairly winding river (bogen/bögen = bendy parts?).
>>
>>44364201
That's fucking hilarious. The River Faggot.
>>
>>44364235
Gay River.

Or perhaps there is a homosexual river troll that rapes travelers?
>>
>>44364290
The town is know for their flamboyant purple and white uniforms.
>>
>>44365807
And assholes.
>>
My favorite setting is Eberron, but only if it's run as a gritty urban noir game.
>>
>>44361194
Shadows over Bögenhafen is indeed one of my favorite adventures, but it's also one of my first. So, it's difficult to be objective.
>>
>>44364070
Thanks, bogen.
>>
>>44364167

Alright but that does not mean that pregen scenarios cannot be interesting of and by themselves.
>>
>>44364167
Edgy.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.