[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: RPGs you really want to see, but probably never will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: dune_sietch_by_lsgg-d3hyovy.jpg (89 KB, 1062x751) Image search: [Google]
dune_sietch_by_lsgg-d3hyovy.jpg
89 KB, 1062x751
A Dune RPG that uses the A Song of Ice and Fire roleplaying system.
>>
An Ar tonelico game that reconciles the vast differences between Reyvateils, combat Reyvateils, and humans in a way that would make it narratively and systematically fun to play any of the three roles, while still adhering to at least the basics of the series' lore.
>>
>>44355252
>Ar tonelico
With our luck, this will happen and it will be a strict Japan-only release due to licensing issues.
>>
>>44355327
There are people who'd translate that shit; I mean look what happened to the Log Horizon game.
>>
>>44355204
This is actually a really good idea. Most of the core mechanics you'd need for a Dune RPG are already there. Space travel pretty much boils down to "Do you have enough money/Spice to pay the Spacing Guild? If yes, then you can go wherever you want."

I'd be interested to see how the House building mechanics would work and how similar they would be to the noble house mechanics from ASoIF. I assume you'd play as the leadership of a lesser house, presumably one with a seat on the Landsraad, or a Renegade House if your players are feeling adventurous and/or suicidal.
>>
>>44355204
A good Magical Girl game.
In before Magical Burst, which is a good attempt, but very limited in options and doesn't balance them well against eachother.
>>
>>44355741
pray the magical girl stuff in Breakfast Cult ends up being good
>>
>>44356730
I actually had to google that to see what it was and it's just a shitty kickstarter for a generic no-name highschool RPG. I am dissapoint...
>>
File: JIQ9aPY.jpg (839 KB, 1252x4151) Image search: [Google]
JIQ9aPY.jpg
839 KB, 1252x4151
Knigga rpg
>>
>>44355204
>>44355607
THis is a mod/project that could absolutely happen.
>>
>>44355204

a easy to run and not autistic Pokemon tabletop RPG ruleset that maintain the original hard counter style.
>>
>>44357024
I've read the kickstarter version of the core and it's dece if you like Fate. But... eh. Not really as sold on the base setting as I thought I'd be. Holding out hope for the magical girl expansion.
>>
>>44357221
I love this so much
>>
>>44357342
I thought about making one based on 5E dnd
Like the paladin would have +3 persuation with females but cannot seduce them.
>>
>>44357308
>not autistic
>Pokemon tabletop RPG

pick one
>>
>>44357733

did you not read the TS title?
>>
>>44355204
Magic the Gathering RPG.
Official or One that doesn't tie the mana colours to specific character stats.
>>
>>44355204
An Elder Scrolls tabletop that isn't shit.
>>
>>44355741
Fucking degenerate.

I'd like to see an RPG like Shadowrun, but in a setting where noble bloodline/house politics is as major a player as corporations, and with much simpler rules.
>>
File: delete hope.png (37 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
delete hope.png
37 KB, 624x352
>MTG RPG that isn't shit
>Cyberpunk RPG that isn't needlessly fiddly
>Cyberpunk RPG with usable hacking rules
>Cyberpunk RPG with good gun combat
>Anything with good gun combat (good meaning it involves interesting tactical decisions beyond "find cover" and "shoot from cover until one side is dead")
>Something that uses the EotE dice system but isn't needlessly fiddly and shit
>WoD but about cool monsters doing cool things instead of sucky monsters angsting about how awful it is to have what few superpowers they do
>4e D&D rebooted without the faulty math and the shit magic items, also with functional skill challenges
>Street Fighter RPG that's not shit

Basically all I want is RPGs that aren't shit. Is that really so much to ask?
>>
>>44355741
Double Cross.

Or Maid, if that's your thing.
>>
>>44355327
>>44355409
Speaking of JTRPGs, I would REALLY love to see Alshard get finally translated. It looks like a game I would love. Everyone says they're interested in translating it, but nobody is doing it.
>>
File: 124685.jpg (494 KB, 850x1199) Image search: [Google]
124685.jpg
494 KB, 850x1199
>>44358486
>Cyberpunk RPG that isn't needlessly fiddly
>Cyberpunk RPG with usable hacking rules
>Cyberpunk RPG with good gun combat

Those prayers have, at least, been answered.
>>
>>44358486
>WoD but about cool monsters doing cool things instead of sucky monsters angsting about how awful it is to have what few superpowers they do

After Sundown (google it with RPG at the end) might be what you want there.

As for cyberpunk, personally the only thing I've found that works is Fate. Cyberpunk seems to invite reams of mechanical complexity and a spergy sense of realism.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.