[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evil Campaign Hooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: zzzzzz.jpg (28 KB, 473x254) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzz.jpg
28 KB, 473x254
So I'm going to be running a god awful Evil Campaign on Twitch starting in January. Any good mission hooks/ quests to set my fucktard party on?
>>
Well if they're playing an evil campaign you should just be able to just give them any old plot hook and let them derail it.
>>
>>44353277

It depends, really. With a Lawful Evil group, I've run a campaign full of noble-but-emo dark knights working for a unashamedly fascist kingdom. I'm pretty sure at least one was an actual neo-Nazi.
>>
Evil campaigns are easy to run, because you have ready-made motivators. Evil people want personal achievement and accumulation of wealth. I think the best way to run an Evil campaign is to test the limits of how Evil they are willing to go for reward.

For example: in the dungeon of a temple of Pelor is imprisoned young Adolph de Ville. Adolph was, up until a couple years ago, a perfectly ordinary noble-born youth. One day, he read a book he found inside his uncle's attic. We don't know what the book contains because he burned it afterward, but he later strangled his sister, skinned two children alive in front of their mother and disfigured a third so she would have a living memory of the act (and he raped her and cut off her hand, just for good measure). He sold his soul to a demon AND a devil just so they would fight over it when he dies, and is known for terrorising the countryside with his unique sort of spellcasting which draws from the power of Evil itself. The Pelorites finally apprehended him, and how he is in the deepest vault, chained to the ground, kept in a magic circle under a constantly rotating watch while they try to figure out a punishment suitable for his crimes.

Your PCs start in prison. Each of them is there for whatever crime they committed in their backstory (they are evil, after all), and they expect to either languish in prison or hang, but a local noblewoman has them released, to hire them for a job. Vivienne Ondessa was the childhood friend of Adolph and loves him deeply, and believes he can be redeemed from the monster he has become. She is hiring the PCs because nobody else is willing to listen to her. In exchange for their release and a promised cash payment, they are to rescue Adolph de Ville.
>>
>>44353277

Make it like Bonnie and Clyde. You guys are on the run - but if the forces of Good are going to take you down, they have to catch you first. Except here, you have an apocalyptic plan in mind.
>>
>>44353277
Make a party of LG to TN characters and have them foil the PCs plans every time
This won't make for a satisfying campaign for them but you can internally enjoy the feeling of purpose and strategic thinking beating chaotic stupid mentality every time
>>
>>44353979
I usually like to play or true neutral or neutral evil characters, not sadistic but egoist in general, and I would like to say that for me this seems a really fun ideia of campaign, never played one that sounded so fun (that said, I didn't play many, but still...)
>>
>>44353979
This is pretty good.
>>
>>44353979
This is very good indeed, kudos mate
>>
>>44354952

But what if it's the players playing pragmatic and savvy evil characters?
>>
>>44357819
>>44353277

Do you already have a channel? I might watch just to see how my idea plays out.
>>
Since it looks like my idea is going to be used, here's some embellishments:
• To avoid having them murder each other, Vivienne's giving payment to surviving members individually, not the whole group (so you won't take home more loot by pulling a Joker Bank Robbery, except for any you pinch from the dungeon itself)
• If someone dies during the dungeon crawl, simply place a cell containing a replacement character somewhere nearby in the dungeon.
• This dungeon has monsters and traps like any regular ol' dungeon. Instead of undead, there are deathless; instead of bugbears there are Pelorite soldiers, instead of trapped demons there are celestials sworn to defend it.
• The dungeon itself pre-dates the temple. The party only discover that once inside (if one of em's a dwarf, have him use his Stonecunning). There are secret passages the Pelorites may not know about but these have their own creeping things that lurk within the deep...
• When they finally reach Adolf, he might be less than co-operative of being dragged to his old girlfriend. There'll be pursuit, too.
• This is a herculean task, so they might need help. Thankfully, a falxugon (harvester devil) is disguised in town and willing to assist, but he has an agenda of his own. He'll provide secondary objectives in their break-in.
>>
>>44353277
Its basically the same as normal D&D, except you use villages and cities instead of Dungeons as places to raid.

You may be interested in using an infamy system to decide then the party has doen enough villainy for a party of adventureres to be sent off to kill them.
>>
>>44357859
Well that's not how OP made it sound and it's not how it usually goes, but if they do, hey, good for them, they can have a nice evil campaign
>>
>>44357859
>>44361241
I mean, it depends on the system of course. Most Vampire: The Masquerade games I've played have been pretty much evil campaigns full of smart sons of bitches. But usually if your players want to try an evil campaign in D&D it means they wanna play D&D grand theft auto
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.