[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which tabletop games are mature and have gender equality and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: 1401343585508.png (253 KB, 469x359) Image search: [Google]
1401343585508.png
253 KB, 469x359
Which tabletop games are mature and have gender equality and racial equality for new players?

Ruling out any unrealistic games that depict any type of civilization that could survive where one race is dominant over another. Looking for something more down to earth that is realistic.
>>
>>44352786
Large-Breasted Strippers From Mars. It fits your description.
>>
>>44352786

GURPS.
>>
>>44352786
Engine Heart?
>>
>>44352786
F.A.T.A.L
>>
>>44352786
None of them and all of them. Depends entirely on how YOU run the game.

The 40K series of RPG's is actually very egalitarian and non-racists for humans, but Xenos aren't people
>>
File: Engine Heart.jpg (25 KB, 274x268) Image search: [Google]
Engine Heart.jpg
25 KB, 274x268
>>44352786
I'd go with Engine Heart
>>
File: BaitPres3.jpg (10 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
BaitPres3.jpg
10 KB, 250x375
>>44352786
>>
File: 1401356584174.jpg (24 KB, 255x273) Image search: [Google]
1401356584174.jpg
24 KB, 255x273
>>44352891
40k? egalitarian interesting it sounds like a nice way of saying oppression rules the game world? not a bad thing if done right, but what if we dont want to be "egalitarian"???

>>44352870
>>44352895
you have had good experiences with this Engine Heart? will google if people enjoy it.
>>
File: Iron Claw.jpg (20 KB, 293x388) Image search: [Google]
Iron Claw.jpg
20 KB, 293x388
>>44352786
This fits your criteria.

Consider the path you walk.
>>
>>44352961
Haha. It does. I am amused by this.
>>
>>44352961
ironclaw sounds pretty cool with the wizards and clergy and all the species to choose from...

what did you mean "consider the path you walk"??? does that mean some races suck or something? Id guess some have pros and some cons like other games right?
>>
>>44352955
They are egalitarian in the sense that males or females can be pretty much anything they want because it's the year 40,000AD, with two exceptions: Women can't be Space Marines simply due to the fact that the process to become a Space Marine requires hijacking the male puberty system, and men can't be Sororitas because the Sororitas only exist through a legal loophole that the Ecclessiarchy cannot bear "men under arms," so they use women to get around this.

Anybody can be anything else, however.
>>
>>44353047
hmmmmmmm it sounds impressive in its scale of oppression due to how organized it is? This could work too, googled space marine and they use guns which is def something leaning more towards, something with firepower.

though on the fence since that ironclaw looks pretty cool to with the whole animal wizard thing.
>>
>>44352786
>Ruling out any unrealistic games that depict any type of civilization that could survive where one race is dominant over another. Looking for something more down to earth that is realistic.
Wait, you think having races that are weaker surviving is unrealistic?
That happens all the time IRL though.
>>
>>44352786
Mature depends on the crowd you roll with and to continue this cop out of an answer I'd homebrew a setting and use your favourite generic ruleset. I'd also suggest Sla Industries run completely straitght face and straight lace.
>>
File: Sure, I'll bite.jpg (37 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Sure, I'll bite.jpg
37 KB, 540x405
>>44353010
Nothing particularly inflammatory. Furries tend to draw a lot of fire around here (though less than they used to), so, just pointing out that if this is one of the strongest contenders you might be nonconformist to /tg/

Which is fine. I think Ironclaw is pretty spiffy. It helps that I grew up before the internet ruined Funny Animal People and can compartmentalize pretty well though.

Zootopia looks fun.
>>
>>44353141
would like to buy a game to support its ongoing development if thats a term for tabletop games?

Oddly the 40k thing looks good due to its oppresive nature but it seems oppressive to everyone which is interesting, also the ironclaw seems very interesting possible maybe?

>>44353301
so its a furry type game? Thought it was just a bunch of animal races or something? Or is it a animal based game maybe co opted by furries to do their thing, or whatever that is?
>>
>>44352786
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY
>>
>>44352961
Ironclaw without the not!Slayers toon cover?
Well hot dog!
>>
File: Could be.gif (37 KB, 419x500) Image search: [Google]
Could be.gif
37 KB, 419x500
>>44353333
Yes, the game about anthropomorphic animal people does, in fact, attract furries.

Which isn't to say that you have to fall to magical realming any more than you usually do. Just understand that it may be a hard sale to those who kneejerk away from anything furry.
>>
>>44352786
OP, the game you're looking for is called Engine Heart.
>>
>>44353333
I honestly don't know if Sla Industries still has a company attached to it. Also I just remembered about the D&D heart breaker Blue Rose setting for some non-oppressive fantasy egalterianism. Has a solid ruleset attached as well.
>>
Unless you're playing a bullshit system like FATAL, you're not going to find many problems with gender equality. Racial equality is debateable. I don't know of any tabletop game aside from Myfarog and Racial Holy War that has inequality in human ethnicities, but obviously an elf, ork, super mutant, and human are going to have major differences.

You're better off asking your players what sorts of themes you want first, then considering a setting that fits, and then considering the system.

Golarion(Pathfinder's main setting) has quite a few LGBT characters, and only a handful of gods have any sort of hints of sexist doctrine, Asmodeus, Erastil, and Lamashtu being the only ones I know of. Then you have genderbender deities like Arshea.

A post apocalyptic setting like Fallout tends to maturity, and nobody gives a shit if you're a woman, gay, or black if you have a big gun and know how to use it.
>>
>>44353445
thanks Im gonna email these suggestions to my 4 friends where we are trying to put together a tabletop game to enjoy longterm, not sure if the furries trigger anyone but they will say if it does, im fine and dont get into the furry thing but the animal thing seems fun in that old school jim henson kinda way if that makes sense?

>>44353465
engine heart ok, googling now since third time mentioned, thanks!

>>44353531
hmm for themes none of us really know just kind of thought it would be gun long term to knit while doing a table top game to keep conversation going while crocheting and knitting.
>>
>>44353590
Knitting while playing sounds interesting.

Well themes I mainly mean like, fantasy/Sci-Fi/Space/Super Natural/Post Apocalyptic.
>>
>>44353658
we all sit at a table so we started thinking why not play one of those tabletop games while doing it? often we stop talking when crafting because we get so wrapped up in our patterns. it can get pretty hardcore. So the animal one seemed interesting since we all like animals. That oppressive one could be fun because it seems like it would always keep us talking which is nice not just about the game but about the events of the day.
>>
>>44353590
>not sure if the furries trigger anyone but they will say if it does
>long term to knit while doing a table top game to keep conversation going while crocheting and knitting.
I'm finding it very hard to believe you're serious.

Anyways, if you want a game with a lot of racial and gender equality, Twilight 2000 is perfect! Unless you're one of those dirty subhuman Soviets. Or a pollack Or a filthy German The swiss are okay though
>>
File: Engine Heart.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Engine Heart.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44353590
>>
>>44353868
awww thanks! its sounds great as a poen, but its only robots, need something since there is 5 of us and not everyone or myself might like playing a robot for a long time. but it could be fun? trying to introduce them to something simple we could enjoy .
>>
File: 1445399276306.jpg (32 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1445399276306.jpg
32 KB, 400x267
>>44353795
>>44353590
Oookay, I'm just gonna stop you right there. I don't think you're gonna mesh with the culture her, you've been throwing up warning lights in my head for this entire thread, and I think you should probably leave before people start insulting your worldview, you get all offended, everyone is gonna laugh, it'll be a whole thing, you know? Nobody needs that.

I don't care about equality or oppression or any of that shit but Engine Heart is fukken great.
>>
>>44354003
not saying engine heart isnt great, love the starting poem. its just there are only robots, my 4 other friends are gonna want variety just to be different if that makes sense. At least for now but maybe some engine heart later? were not stuck with one game for life or anything. Just looking for something to get them into it as a primer for things later like engine heart if that makes sense.
>>
>>44353010
Ironclaw 2e is both not a shit game and actually a well produced product.
>>
>>44352786
>Which tabletop games are mature
None of them.
>and have gender equality and racial equality
Depends on the setting. I know it sounds like I'm blowing you off, but really. YOU CAN WRITE WHATEVER STORY YOU WANT. THE SYSTEM DOESN'T MATTER.

>for new players?
That's something else entirely.

>Ruling out any unrealistic games that depict any type of civilization that could survive where one race is dominant over another. Looking for something more down to earth that is realistic.
You mean like real life? Where there's only one race?
>personal agendae

>>44352961
Iron Claw gets a lot of flack, but everyone says it's a solid system.

>>44354116
You haven't read the thing at all, have you? Saying you like the poem is like saying you like the pictures. It doesn't mean anything.
In the world of RPGs, Engine Heart *is* variety. It's very different that most of the stuff out there.
If you want a baseline, find a thing of D&D, then move on to something better.
Or if you think that nobody will get that, try Everyone is John or something else practically rules-less.
>>
>>44354218
hmmm well for new players would players suggest ironclaw or the 4ok? or maybe something else?
>>
>>44354345
>4ok
Kek.
It's 40. Like, y'know, forty.
>>
>Looking for something more down to earth that is realistic.
>Ruling out any unrealistic games that depict any type of civilization that could survive where one race is dominant over another.
You can have realism, or you can have equality. Pick one and only one. Any attempt to combine the two will involve either totalitarianism, dystopia, or extreme denial and mental gymnastics.
>>
>>44354478
Id like to go with something fantasy based.

>>44354456
gotcha!!! thanks!!!

>>44354218
Ill look more into Engine heart but it seems everyone is a robot it says on the first page? I was in the middle of doing a subtweet to a friend about the ironclaw idea because it had lots of animals and we love animals.
>>
>>44354574
>Ill look more into Engine heart but it seems everyone is a robot
Yes, that was the joke.
>>
And people say that /tg/ isn't being Tumblrised
>>
>>44354710
That post makes me think that you are more mad then they ever will be.
>>
>>44354710
ummm ok? easy there cowboy... its just a discussion about which games are realistic and reflect our cultural values and which ones teach a false narrative indoctrinating children into a system of dangerous disbelief.
>>
>>44354710
Do you just randomly pick a thread to repost this in after your thread gets deleted, or are you the OP of this thread?
>>
>>44354788
>and which ones teach a false narrative indoctrinating children into a system of dangerous disbelief

Woah. Easy there cowboy. It looks like you're trying to rustle up some (you)'s over here by replying to a troll post with a troll post.
>>
>>44354844
>>44354786
>>44354788
he posted the exact same thing (his pic related even) in the other thread. he's just mad not 100% of people he encounters on the internet aren't as "le reddit progressive" as he is
>>
File: 1367268177057.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1367268177057.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>44354788
>>
>>44354905
>he posted the exact same thing (his pic related even) in the other thread
Yeah, he does that every time his spam thread gets deleted. I just wanted to know the criteria he uses to choose a thread in which to repost it
>>
>>44354905
what is he angry about? maybe he just needs to vent or something?

so leaning pretty towards ironclaw a friend said because the cover looked pretty cool which it does. Might try that. Read a bit about 40k but that seems like its not possible to play without miniature armies?
>>
>>44352786
We did have a number of civilizations where one race was dominant over another, so it's not unrealistic. Hell, a just over a century and a half ago we had people owning other people of another (considered inferior) race in a major developing power. It was even more recent in places like Africa if you want to count ethnic groups, or Tibet for social class. There are parts of the world that don't have gender or racial equality now.
>>
>>44354710
>>44354788
It begins
>>
>>44352786
>Which tabletop games are mature and have gender equality and racial equality for new players?
Blue Rose.
>>
>>44353047
Don't forget females can't be Calidus assassins.
>>
File: 1262191123612.png (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1262191123612.png
96 KB, 400x400
>mfw I realize OP isn't a troll
>>
>>44357740
Eat your fucking broccoli
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread? Is winter the new summer? Why is everybody falling for this hopefully bait and/or trying to help
>>44354947
>>44354574
>>44354116
this idiot.

What happened to you my beloved /tg/? How have you gone so astray?
>>
>>44357768
I don't think it's "winter" as a whole, I think it's just Christmas.

Hopefully.
>>
>>44357768
/tg/, and 4chan in general, is fully compromised now. Don't act like it hasn't been obvious for years.
>>
>>44353333
>it seems oppressive to everyone
That is the gist of 40k.
No good guys, though some are worse than others.
>>
>>44352786
Obvious b8

>>44354947
>maybe he just needs to vent or something?
Hello tumblrtard

>>44354574
>gotcha!!! thanks!!!

Kill yourself

>>44358158
Not that guy but it was extremely bearable last year. I have no idea what the fuck happened.
>>
>>44357768
>What happened to you my beloved /tg/? How have you gone so astray?

People literally post memes taken from reddit and 9gag now. It's over.
>>
>>44354947
>Read a bit about 40k but that seems like its not possible to play without miniature armies?
Ah, you see, Warhammer 40 000 is a family of products. The basic game is the one with miniatures. What you want is an RPG game that uses the same setting. Look for Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy or Only War. They don't use miniatures.
>>
>>44353445
SLA Industries still has a company attached; I went along to a gaming convention earlier in the month and was pleasantly surprised to see them there selling books and t-shirts and things.
>>
>>44352786
Paizo's Pathfinder and Golarion are extremely "progressive" and feminist settings. They have gay marriages, transgender acceptance, everything you'd love.
>>
>>44352786
Games can't be mature, players can be mature.
>>
OPtry Black Tokyo, that should fit all your criteria.
>>
>>44352786
If you are into fighting oppression and inequality check out shadow run everyone plays disenfranchised minorities that fight the corporate state by stealing shit and blowing stuff up also the game is inclusive of native American and orental themes, if you are looking for horror in a modern setting world of darkness can be played to be inclusive there are trans and other lgbt named characters in the setting and you can be cool stuff like werewolves and vampires and mummies as well as other supernatural creatures. And speaking of supernatural the show world of darkness even has a game line based around that concept of being a regular person trying to protect others from the monsters that are out there in the dark,also if you find rules you like you can just play a game set int he star trek universe, as a setting started is super inclusive..
>>
>>44359031
>world of darkness can be played to be inclusive there are trans and other lgbt named characters in the setting
How can you have a transgender werewolf or vampire? This seriously sounds like a case of a game jumping the shark.
>>
>>44359166
Person has trans operation. Gets bit. New found Wolfiness/Vampireness uses the person's body at the time of being bit as the version it regenerates to.

Though I'm assuming the problem you have is with the healing abilities.
>>
>>44352786
Guys I think I am going to die in a blaze of glory. OP care to join me? We could go down defending western civilization from historically illiterate retards like you.
>>
>>44357768
Yeah, we're all aware that OP is on Christmas vacation from his high school. We were just using his bait thread as an excuse to shill Engine Heart.
>>
File: Page-07-Flat.jpg (3 MB, 1829x2403) Image search: [Google]
Page-07-Flat.jpg
3 MB, 1829x2403
>>44352786
HeroQuest: Glorantha.

Okay, there's very few civilization with different species. Mainly because the Aldryami (also called Elves) are sentient plants, and the Mostali (called by some dwarves) are more mineral based, and the Uz (Trolls) eat anything and worship darkness gods.

Of course, there's nothing preventing them working with humans, or each other... well, except for millennia of prejudice and divine war.

(Spoilered for some nipples.)
>>
ITT: one master baiter and a bunch of rubes.
>>
>>44362290
What does that make you?
>>
>>44362343
I'm just pretending to be retarded, of course.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.