[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a campaign centered around a dungeon 20 floors tall. each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: babel.jpg (906 KB, 1000x776) Image search: [Google]
babel.jpg
906 KB, 1000x776
>a campaign centered around a dungeon 20 floors tall. each floor designed for that level of characters, and monsters. each floor having a small hub town to rest and fix, towns becoming scarce as you climb. Finally only repairman is found to fix equipment and sell food. Final boss grants 1 million gold...to the one who betrays his party and joins him. Becoming the new floor 20 boss. And adds more floors..

Here is a general idea.

My friend and I spent 3 hours jokingly talking about a super bad villian who just created a giant tower outside a town and sent out flyers advertising 1 million gold reward. Then it turned into why not. And let's make it. So far I identified a few things to do.

1. Random floor bosses
2. Themed floors
3. How fast difficulty raises. Or if the door won't appear until they reach sufficient level
4>who gets to be the DM controlling final boss who has infinite power within his tower of power, who creates monsters at will and outfit them by thinking it.
5.>whether or not to make random event cards to draw randomly to spice it up a bit
6. Party leader gets a homebrew HERO class which is a mix of paladin, wizard and other fun stuff.

Floor 19 boss was gonna be a necromancer named George who collects fallen adventurers for his experiments

All the bosses are resurrected after the players leave the floor, to prepare for the next group

Any thoughts on this, or books I should take a look at, anything helps and feel free to say anything

I have mostly everything for d&d before 4th edition book wise
>>
File: 20130803194053[1].jpg (39 KB, 800x1088) Image search: [Google]
20130803194053[1].jpg
39 KB, 800x1088
>>44340052
That sounds boring.

Let's make it a tower with at least a hundred levels, each floor roughly the size of the universe. At the top, you get granted your greatest wish, but nobody has ever made it.
>>
>>44340052

Why would a character want that much gold if they're not allowed to leave?
>>
>>44340113
Or have the tower go down into the earth.
It never ends, it simply makes less and less sense the further you travel.
>>
>>44340113
So the only people who can get to the 2nd level are people who can.move across a universe before they die, or are exceedingly lucky to find the access point?
>>
>>44340113
I know this is a reference to something, but I can't remember what
>>
>>44340113
>each floor roughly the size of the universe
Roughly the size of North America IIRC

Is there a good translation anywhere, anon?
>>
>>44340354
Tower of God

>>44340373
No, and I don't think there ever will be.

>>44340331
To advance, you have to pass a test, either administered by the guardians or by the civilization that has arisen from people trying to climb the tower. They don't make it hard to find.
>>
>>44340681
Damn you, Naver. Damn you to Hell.
My hate for you burns with the power of a thousand stars.
When I die, i will haunt the shit out of your CEO.
>>
>>44340052
Boring. When you've got the ability to craft an indepth and believable story, don't make it into a literal loot simulator.

Although, Hestia is bestia.
>>
>>44340052
Isn't this the plot of an animu?
>>
File: Aincrad.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Aincrad.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
>>44341222
Pretty much.
>>
sounds like it could be interested
>>
>>44341222
>>44341251
>implying it's not the Tower of Druaga
>>
>>44340052
Yeah, I've seen this anime.

Why not do something interesting, and make the Tower a trans-dimensional hub connecting a thousand different realms? A bit like the City of Doors from Planescape, minus the Lady of Pain.

All those monsters you've been fighting? They're adventurers, just like you.
>>
>>44340291
Sounds like Dante's Inferno
>>
Does the villain have a compelling reason for doing this or is he just some dickbag with more money than he knows what to do with?
>>
>>44341251
Wouldn't it be better instead of having a tower outside a random town to be something you summon yourself to with a specific ritual sent through mail to interested applicants?

I'm thinking a floating island would promote interest. Not only that, but people would eventually lose their will to fight and settle down with an occupation.

>>44343594
While this is clever and good for explaining monsters, am I the only one who would want the dungeon big enough to accommodate monster breeding grounds?
>>
>>44340052
So the cave of ordeals?
>>
>>44340759
Plot twist, the CEO wants him to haunt..so he has someone to talk to while he watches the adventurers on his security cameras
>>
>>44340113
This is such a killer setting.
>>
>>44340113
No. That's a shit idea
Captcha agrees
Select all images with wheelchairs
>>
>>44340052
> Final boss grants 1 million gold...to the one who betrays his party and joins him.
I hope he kills them afterwards, having proven traitors on your team is a bad idea.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.